The FIFA 10 PS3/360 Editing Thread

Has anybody had a look at the prem tactics? I read somewhere that the lower leagues all have the exact same tactics. Not sure about the prem, but that can do with being edited a bit imo, all the lower teams seem to just have a lot of pressure and double up on defense.

Prem tactics seem ok, at least they seem to have exported properly, obviously it's possible that people will disagree with what the editors came up with so it doesn't hurt to discuss them, Championship, League 1 and League 2 are all completely wrong, they're set at 70 for everything, high risk passing, high pressure etc. which is a complete bug.

I also noticed some problems with other leagues, for example all Australian teams have 70 for Passing, Pressure and Aggression, I don't follow the Aussie league but surely it's not right for every team to Pass/Pressure and be aggressive the same way? They also all seem to have 50 as the width value, again seems unlikely.

Prem tactics seem ok, at least they seem to have exported properly, obviously it's possible that people will disagree with what the editors came up with so it doesn't hurt to discuss them, Championship, League 1 and League 2 are all completely wrong, they're set at 70 for everything, high risk passing, high pressure etc. which is a complete bug.

I also noticed some problems with other leagues, for example all Australian teams have 70 for Passing, Pressure and Aggression, I don't follow the Aussie league but surely it's not right for every team to Pass/Pressure and be aggressive the same way? They also all seem to have 50 as the width value, again seems unlikely.

My brazilian team tatics didnt get exported correctly neither... they all got the settings(passing, pressure, etc) from fifa09 it seems :(
Really annoying.

Hi all, I've just bought FIFA for the first time in about 10 years! I've been a devout PES player in that time - however, since moving onto PS3 the series has really gone downhill. I was introduced to FIFA 09 and quite enjoyed it, and since the FIFA 10 demo I'm a total convert! I think the final version is just sublime, me and a couple of friends had some quite breathtaking offline games on release day. I understand that the game has some bugs in places (as all games do) such as Manager Mode & Live Season (both of which I havn't tried out yet but will do in the long run).

For many years I loved the whole editing part of PES, however now I'm getting older I simply can't be bothered with all that anymore. This is just one of the reasons why I've now moved over to FIFA instead. I do like that there are still some things you can edit in FIFA though - it gives you things to do, without ever feeling overawed!

Can I also say how useful I immediately found this thread - after a while browsing the EA forums which contain nothing useful at all, just a bunch of pre-teens ranting over whether the game is 'lalala' or not!! I've gained more useful information in 5 minutes from this thread than a month on that forum.

I love how you can assign a stadium to each team and then re-name that stadium accordingly for each and every team! Will definitely be doing that for the Premier League at least. I will also enjoy playing around with player acccessories a little, and team lineups/formations in edit mode. However, since I am still relatively new to all this, and some people here seem to be in the know, there's a few points/questions I'd like to raise:

1. Is it definitely true that if you were to 'download latest squads' then this would wipe any manual editing of stadiums, players, team formations? I downloaded this as soon as I got the game, I presume the next one will not be until February?

2. Similarly, if I edited stadiums, and then downloaded the Bernabeu, does this also wipe what I have edited? If so, then clearly I should not begin to edit stadiums until I have downloaded it. And is there a once and for all, foolproof method to download this stadium, as I've read about problems with it assigning itself correctly and/or giving an out of date error message.

3. I understand that even with the latest squad update, some transfers e.g. Lucas Neill to Everton, aren't done. I know how to do transfers manually in edit mode, and also understand that you can't transfer players from a national team to a club. However, would this work... in the national side, I replace Lucas Neill with any other Australian player. Lucas Neill then moves to free agents so I can then transfer him to Everton from there. Once that is done, I can then even put him back in the national side in his original place.

4. I see you can change a player's primary position in edit mode - but how does this work? If a player already has 4 positions, then changing his primary position deletes his original one, even if what you are changing it to was already one of his secondary positions! Does that make sense?? E.g. by default Rooney's positions are CF/ST/LF/LW. Change his position in edit mode to ST though, and they become ST/ST/LF/LW. So the CF position is deleted and he has ST twice! This is the only test I've done it with, how does it work if a player doesn't already have 4 positions?

If you got this far, thanks for reading! Here's hoping for some helpful replies.

1. Is it definitely true that if you were to 'download latest squads' then this would wipe any manual editing of stadiums, players, team formations? I downloaded this as soon as I got the game, I presume the next one will not be until February?

2. Similarly, if I edited stadiums, and then downloaded the Bernabeu, does this also wipe what I have edited? If so, then clearly I should not begin to edit stadiums until I have downloaded it. And is there a once and for all, foolproof method to download this stadium, as I've read about problems with it assigning itself correctly and/or giving an out of date error message.

I edited the grounds and saved a couple of squad files just incase, but downloading the Bernabeu and updating the squad files did not wipe my edited grounds dave, as for the transfers I don't know I have yet to check through the squads... ;)

Agreed, still loving every minute of it though :D

I'm loving every minute on the pitch definitely, gameplay wise best Fifa ever, best football game ever, off the pitch, well you could say on the pitch it's Barcelona, off the pitch it's Scunthorpe Utd, and I mean the middle part of Scunthorpe Utd ;)

Can I also say how useful I immediately found this thread - after a while browsing the EA forums which contain nothing useful at all, just a bunch of pre-teens ranting over whether the game is 'lalala' or not!! I've gained more useful information in 5 minutes from this thread than a month on that forum.

Glad you found us ;) EA forums are terrible, full of 12 year old ADD types as you say, problem is we have to post there to get EA to take notice and hopefully fix the things we need fixing :)

Yes the stadium names are wiped when you download the updated squads, best thing is to save your squad file three times, 2 times something like "my squads 1" and "my squads 2" and then another something like "default", make the default one the last one you save each time and then it's the one that gets overwritten, leaving you two "my squads" to recover from as and when you need to :)

So I just sat and redid the tactics for all Championship teams + the three promoted prem teams as theirs was messed up as well, starting yet another new MM, this time the last for a while I hope!

tip for u guys,
Do not create a player and put them in a national team, if u do these things will happen:
1st- he will not be Free agent in your MM, wich means he wont be assecible(u wont find him)

2nd- If u trasnfer him out of the National team in order to make him a free agent in the MM again, he will dissapear, u can see him on the "created players" section and ull see that his teams is named something like "team1932as12309" , meaning u lost him on MM.

oh and btw, dont try to create a player straight to the Free agents pool, or the game will freeze!

That was my quest creating Marcos Angeleri, so i can sign him on my MM...had to create him 3 times because of those bugs!!!
good one huh?
:LOL:

@ Placebo,

How does the recoveryfile work? Say you have edited the stadiums and made your 3 savefiles. Then you update squads, or a patch or something, and the names get deleted. Can you "merge" your latest squadfile with the stadiumnames from the previous version?

No, it just means you can have one version with all your edits, and one version with the latest data... There's no way to merge them...

I took six hours to put all the stadia names in before I realised all the tactics for teams below the Premier League are borked, if they release a patch to fix it I won't be bothered putting in six hours of editing again... I'm absolutely fuming with some of the bugs to be honest, can only hope for a definitive patch sometime soon!

Last edited:
Hi all, I've just bought FIFA for the first time in about 10 years! I've been a devout PES player in that time - however, since moving onto PS3 the series has really gone downhill. I was introduced to FIFA 09 and quite enjoyed it, and since the FIFA 10 demo I'm a total convert! I think the final version is just sublime, me and a couple of friends had some quite breathtaking offline games on release day. I understand that the game has some bugs in places (as all games do) such as Manager Mode & Live Season (both of which I havn't tried out yet but will do in the long run).

For many years I loved the whole editing part of PES, however now I'm getting older I simply can't be bothered with all that anymore. This is just one of the reasons why I've now moved over to FIFA instead. I do like that there are still some things you can edit in FIFA though - it gives you things to do, without ever feeling overawed!

Great post dave_walker22! :APPLAUD:

I'm (still) a member of the portuguese PES editing team pes.com.pt but I am totally converted to Fifa since Fifa09.

I think that former PES players have something to bring to Fifa editing, even if there is not so much to do on that game.
However, last year I didn't find an update of an option file with the winter transfers. I hope this year this will be available.

As I asked before on this tread, I would like to assign Emirates Stadium to my beloved Benfica :P And I am sure that the talent of former PES "independent" editors can do such thing, even if it seems locked.

Cheers

I edited Rooney's boots and now could not get the default ones back.I notice also when we edit the stats of any players...we couldnt see how many points we deleted/remaining etc like fifa09...Its more like random now,lower defending to make the finishing higher.THIS SUCKS.

@ phrase: Each player's default boots are right at the bottom of the boot list. I noticed this when changing Torres' boots this morning, I had to give him some plain white ones because the game doesn't have the right Nike ones!

@ rialfedi: Thanks! I don't think there's a way to assign licensed stadiums to different teams though, I know that much already.

@ Placebo: I've been on evo-web for years, just never realised there was a decent little FIFA community on here! And I agree about the EA forums, they're meant to be a place to give constructive feedback right, but all that gets lots in the mire! Anyway, interesting idea about the backup save files, however as Chris Davies says, there's no way to merge them, so for me it defies the point. Guess I'll just do bits of editing for now, knowing it'll all be undone when I download the February squad update!

I tried out my own Question 2 - successfully transferred Lucas Neill to Everton. Basically I replaced Neill in the Australia squad with some random off the last page of the Australian player pool (think it was R. McGowan or something), which made Neill then appear in the Free Agents list. From there I could transfer him to Everton. After doing that I could obviously then move him back into the Australia squad too! (note: because Neill was no.2 in the Australia squad, that's what number he got for Everton when I moved him, which changed Tony Hibbert's number too, so I had to edit these back to the correct ones manually)

I'm also still wondering whether to bother with this Bernabeu update, since it's giving people problems and also I've read that the Estadio Chamartin is virtually the same anyway? So I could just assign that as Real Madrid's stadium then change the name.

Also, a note on my experience of the game so far. Multiplayer offline is like a dream, spent all day Friday on that and we had some of the best games ever. So far though, I'm finding single player frustrating. I'm admittedly still a FIFA newcomer, playing on Assisted and 'Professional' skill level. I'd like to think I already know how to play the game properly, I like to knock the ball about patiently, but these are the friendly results I've had so far (me being the first team):

Man Utd 0 Sunderland 1
Man Utd 0 Hull City 2
Man Utd 1 Burnley 4
Aston Villa 0 Man City 1
Everton 0 Stoke 0
Liverpool 1 Blackburn 4
Arsenal 1 Birmingham 0

Now I'm not complaining that I'm losing, or indeed really struggling to score goals! I play for the enjoyment of it, however these single player games havn't really been enjoyable mainly because the cpu presses so aggressively and persistently. Now I know some teams do press the ball a lot, especially Premier League teams, but it's too much. They all do it in the game, and you don't get a second on the ball - and when I do create chances it's on the counter attack or simply getting a fast player in behind because the cpu have pressed too hard, which is unsatisfying. Someone observed that on 1-player it seems that 90% of your chances/goals come from being clean through, something I would so far agree with and that I feel is totally unrealistic. I know that you can edit teams' formations, and more importantly their tactics (I presume you can edit tactics so pressing is drastically reduced) and this is definitely something I will be looking at as I get deeper into the game. Thoughts?

No, it just means you can have one version with all your edits, and one version with the latest data... There's no way to merge them...

I took six hours to put all the stadia names in before I realised all the tactics for teams below the Premier League are borked, if they release a patch to fix it I won't be bothered putting in six hours of editing again... I'm absolutely fuming with some of the bugs to be honest, can only hope for a definitive patch sometime soon!

Glad I didn't go that far I only did the UK and major European sides, it's still going to annoy the hell out of me having to re do them, they should be on a separate file...

Please let me buy you the 360 controller keyboard attachment for Christmas? ;) Took me 33 minutes to do the English leagues :)

however these single player games havn't really been enjoyable mainly because the cpu presses so aggressively and persistently.

I know that you can edit teams' formations, and more importantly their tactics (I presume you can edit tactics so pressing is drastically reduced) and this is definitely something I will be looking at as I get deeper into the game. Thoughts?
This was often a problem in 09 and varies from league to league. Italy and Portugal, for example, tend to have clubs set with low Pressure and Aggression, whereas places like England, Austria and Poland have high for both - unrealistically so. Few teams, if any, at the top level consistently send two defenders to close down the ball carrier alone (at least not for long periods), it's too risky against good opponents.

In Custom Tactics, Defence Pressure and Defence Aggression are the things to look at:
- Pressure (High/Medium/Deep) sets how high up the pitch the team will begin pressing, the higher the number, the higher up the pitch. I'm of the belief that it also affects the height of the defensive line to some extent.
- Aggression sets their approach to pressing the man in possession. Low (Contain) means they will stand off more, looking to maintain shape and deny the passing lanes. High (Double) means they will send two defenders to the ball to forcefully dispossess. Medium (Press) is obviously inbetween those two extremes.

Each team has their own default Custom Tactics, which in FIFA 09 you could not OVERWRITE... I haven't yet tried but I'm going to assume that 2010 is the same. So that means you have to save in a new save slot, of which you only have a limited amount.

It might be wise to create a generic set of varied but better balanced custom tactics, then go through and assign those to the teams you're likely to be playing against. Maybe you'd also pick the odd individual team to give their own set, if you can spare the save slots.

Personally I wouldn't go and globally set everyone to low Pressure and low Aggression. There are plenty of teams who actually do press High (e.g. Barcelona) and you'll still want some variation.

Some guy wrote a page about this for 09, in fact I've found the link -> click here. I'm not saying his assumptions are necessarily all correct, but it's worth a read as a general approach if you're intending something similar.

Dave Walker22>You cant get the default ones back after you have saved it by going out of the edit players menu.By changing something on a player,EG.Rooney who wears the underarmour by default...it will reset everything and you cant get back the underarmour skins...This is irritating.

Dave Walker22>You cant get the default ones back after you have saved it by going out of the edit players menu.By changing something on a player,EG.Rooney who wears the underarmour by default...it will reset everything and you cant get back the underarmour skins...This is irritating.

Aye!
So THATS why the brazilian players i gave underarmor didnt have them!!! I edited their boots, damn EA...dont that to me...

Anyway, why they didnt put the underarmor option in the edit mode is beyond me.

Minor annoyance, anyone else being asked to save their settings every time they same their MM? I have two MM saves, each time I save one it comes up asking me to save my personal settings, why? Nothing's changed!

@ phrase I thought you were just referring to giving a player back their default boots after you'd changed them. As I said, when I was changing Torres' boots I noticed you could still select 'default' at the bottom of the list so thought that always applied. If that's not the case then it's a bit stupid! Same goes for if uneditable things like undershirts aren't used if you go in and edit certain players e.g. Rooney.

Hello guys,

Does anybody remember the PES Option File Editor?
It was a little software that allowed to edit everything from a PES OF with the pc and then put use it again as a simple Option file. It allowed also to edit locked items like licenced shirts, atributes, boots and stadiums. In Fifa there is no way to edit shirts but it would be useless anyway. However, a similar software for Fifa would allow to freely edit attributes and stadiums.

The guy who made that was called Yannick, from a french forum I think.

A similar software for Fifa would allow us to edit much thing that we are not able for the moment(like atributes, boots and stadiums).

Minor annoyance, anyone else being asked to save their settings every time they same their MM? I have two MM saves, each time I save one it comes up asking me to save my personal settings, why? Nothing's changed!
Yup, happens to me too.

Actually due to the salary cap the majority of A-league teams are similar and individual players usually make the difference rather than a football philosophy or tactics as such. But I doubt EA even looked at any of our play and just set it to 70 like every other minor league in the world.

Its SUCH a shit league but all we got :DOH:

Back
Top Bottom