The FIFA 10 PS3/360 Editing Thread

Placebo, why did you not get to set the tactics and quick tactics for the clubs you did for EA and they just double check them...?

That would have made the game far better than the blanket thing they did...

Yes I edited 9 teams and for each of those teams I set specific playing styles, which were lost in the export and we ended up with the whole 70s thing for all teams below Prem (plus the 3 promoted teams).

Aha well I have two, and every time I save it asks me to save my personal settings, so I think the issue maybe related, 1 save linked to personal settings so it's getting confused.......

Hello guys,

Does anybody remember the PES Option File Editor?
It was a little software that allowed to edit everything from a PES OF with the pc and then put use it again as a simple Option file. It allowed also to edit locked items like licenced shirts, atributes, boots and stadiums. In Fifa there is no way to edit shirts but it would be useless anyway. However, a similar software for Fifa would allow to freely edit attributes and stadiums.

The guy who made that was called Yannick, from a french forum I think.

A similar software for Fifa would allow us to edit much thing that we are not able for the moment(like atributes, boots and stadiums).

Ahh.. if only said little gem existed... ;)

Here the League of Ireland stadium names and the ground I think most closely resembles them.

Bohemians - Dalymount Park (Town Park)
Bray Wanderers - Carlisle Grounds (Euro Park)
Cork City - Turners Cross (Court Lane)
Derry City - The Brandywell (Euro Park)
Drogheda United - United Park (Town Park)
Dundalk - Oriel Park (Aloha Park)
Galway United - Terryland Park (Stadion 23.Maj)
Shamrock Rovers - Tallaght Stadium (Aloha Park)
Sligo Rovers - The Showgrounds (Crown Lane)
St. Patrick's Athletic - Richmond Park (Crown Lane)

does anyone know a generic custom tactics i can use the lower english league teams? its ridiculous that all of them have 70 for everything. i am having more fun playing the lower league in spain because they dont pressure some much.

So, are we definite that players' hidden accessory changes are wiped if you go in and edit that player? I've not personally tried this out yet, but what I have noticed more and more is that lots of players have these features.

It's already well known that Rooney wears underarmour in wet/cold conditions, and I've also noticed that Glen Johnson and Jo (Everton) do the same. Vidic wears a long sleeved shirt when playing in the rain too. Then last night I played against Wigan in the rain and Rodallega, Koumas, Jordi Gomez, McCarthy and even Kirkland were all wearing underarmour! Not only that, but Rodallega wears different coloured boots when playing in the away kit! So I'm only just starting to realise how deep these hidden accessories go, and it's a shame that they are lost by inadvertently editing a player. Maybe it would be useful to flag up players you notice appearing differently than they normally do (underarmour, long shirt, different coloured boots etc) so then we're more aware of what editing certain players might impact.

Anyway, back to the game. As I said in an earlier post, I was struggling a bit on Professional, especially with ridiculously aggressive cpu pressing ruining the games. I've changed the game speed to slow which I think is helping me enjoy the game more, but I also dropped a level to Semi-Pro which I immediately found more enjoyable, giving me a freedom to play football and score goals. However it got too easy too quickly and the cpu being through and just running the ball straight into my keeper is stupid. I tried Legendary as an experiment and didn't find it any worse than Professional! Although maybe this is a sign that I'm improving. Legendary is still really tough but I enjoy the variation in the cpu's play. Anyway, am looking forward to going back to Professional now (still on slow game speed) as hopefully now I've got used to the game a bit, it will be the right balance.

NOTE: While we're talking about custom tactics, I originally mentioned that teams like Hull, Stoke, and especially Birmingham were totally ridiculous with their pressing. Could someone look up Birmingham's defence pressure/aggression settings, because whatever they are we can use a benchmark as being way too high! Teams only press like that when it's late and they're desperate for a goal.

I was fiddling with some Custom Tactics for English teams last night, from memory I think Birmingham had 70/70 (High/Double) for Pressure/Aggression. Might want to check that.

I went in and changed Millwall's quick tactic, it changed every team in the English leagues standard Quick tactic (could have been all teams I just checked UK).
It even carried into my previously saved MM, and into my team too, though it didn't seem to do anything...

This means any team you change the standard quick tactic of in the edit screen, carries into every other team????... WTF!

Those are Custom Tactics. Quick Tactics are the ones you map to the d-pad to change on the fly. Confusing! :)
I thought custom tactic was the screen you go to to customise the tactic to use in the quick tactics...

This is quick tactic screen...

QuickTactics.jpg

:THINK:

When I changed the default in Millwalls, every team changed?...

Last edited:
My understanding is:

The settings in the Custom Tactic screen are what that team will use.

The ones assigned as Quick Tactics are only for the player's controller to enable you to change philosophies during a match.

Hence why when you changed any Quick Tactic it was the same everywhere you looked and had no effect.

Perhaps the first Quick Tactic automatically defaults to whatever the Custom Tactic is currently set to?

Either way, Quick Tactics are not used by the AI as far as I know. They just use whatever is set in the Custom Tactics screen.

Using the Bluchamp blog as a guide, i went a made custom tactics for all the top teams over europe, then a tactic for a)relegation teams b)mid table teams and c)euro teams......Arsenal now ping it around endlessly on the ground and bolton play the longer pass.
The biggest change was setting pressure to 1, aggression between 30-40 and width between 30-40.
I urge people to try the last three changes at the very least, just for one game....for me it made it much more playable. Time at the back, bit more in midfield, defensive lines more realistic.
COuld someone else try it for a game and comment please?

Using the Bluchamp blog as a guide, i went a made custom tactics for all the top teams over europe, then a tactic for a)relegation teams b)mid table teams and c)euro teams
Personally I'd do it a slightly different way. I'd set up team styles, e.g. one for counter-attacking teams, one for short passing teams, one for long ball teams, and so on.

Downloading the latest squad file seems to no longer reset the stadium name editing, so I guess they somehow separated that from the actual squad part, which is good news :)

Since this is the Editing Thread, I thought I'd post a couple of errors I'd noticed recently, things which we can easily edit ourselves.

Matt Kilgallon (Sheff Utd) - is right-footed in game: should be left-footed.
Jack Rodwell (Everton) - is right-footed in game: I think he should be left-footed. I've watched quite a bit of Rodwell in the last few months and he's one of the most naturally both-footed players I've ever seen, however in my opinion his preferred foot is his left.. just.

Here are some other things to note..

Players who by default wear under armour (so if you edit them, they will no longer wear it)

Rooney (Man Utd), Vidic (Man Utd) wears long sleeves instead
Jo (Everton)
Paintsil, Konchesky, Murphy, Andy Johnson, Zamora (Fulham)
Riera, Johnson (Liverpool)
Rodallega, Koumas, Jordi Gomez, McCarthy, Kirkland (Wigan)
Esajas, Michael Gray (Sheff Wed)
Bunn, Harper, Treacy (Sheff Utd)

There are clearly hundreds more, so if you happen to play a game in the rain/snow and notice any, please add.

One more thing, a quick list of just some of the main transfers to do to keep your game up-to-date for the time being:

Richard Cresswell & Andrew Davies - Stoke to Sheff Utd
Ryan Shotton & Carl Dickinson - Stoke to Barnsley
Nathan Doyle - Hull to Barnsley
Caleb Folan - Hull to Middlesbrough
Marlon Harewood - Aston Villa to Newcastle
Zurab Khizanishvili - Blackburn to Newcastle
James Vaughan - Everton to Derby
Fredrik Stoor - Fulham to Derby

Last edited:
You're right, shame on me :( Fixed in the DB now.

Wow, so you actually work on parts of EA's FIFA database Placebo? Didn't know that! I'd noticed a couple of posts where you alluded to contributing bits and bobs, but didn't know what exactly.

So, you have direct access/authority to edit parts of the database? Or am I over-estimating your powers!! So in the next squad update, everyone will find Matt Kilgallon being left-footed now because I've just flagged it up?!

Also, if you do have some impact, what can you tell me about player positions? I mentioned something in an earlier post..

dave_walker22 said:
I see you can change a player's primary position in edit mode - but how does this work? If a player already has 4 positions, then changing his primary position deletes his original one, even if what you are changing it to was already one of his secondary positions! Does that make sense?? E.g. by default Rooney's positions are CF/ST/LF/LW. Change his position in edit mode to ST though, and they become ST/ST/LF/LW. So the CF position is deleted and he has ST twice! This is the only test I've done it with, how does it work if a player doesn't already have 4 positions?

Do you have any thoughts/insight on this? Or is it something you're not especially clued up on. If not that, then do you provide input on parts of the database including player positions too? Take Kilgallon himself for example - just a straightforward CB in real life, but in the game he also has RB and LB too - this for me is unrealistic. There is no way to edit a player's positions in the game either, except for his primary position, which I don't really see what that affects.

1. Wow, so you actually work on parts of EA's FIFA database Placebo? Didn't know that! I'd noticed a couple of posts where you alluded to contributing bits and bobs, but didn't know what exactly.

2. So, you have direct access/authority to edit parts of the database? Or am I over-estimating your powers!! So in the next squad update, everyone will find Matt Kilgallon being left-footed now because I've just flagged it up?!

Also, if you do have some impact, what can you tell me about player positions? I mentioned something in an earlier post..

3. Do you have any thoughts/insight on this? Or is it something you're not especially clued up on. If not that, then do you provide input on parts of the database including player positions too? Take Kilgallon himself for example - just a straightforward CB in real life, but in the game he also has RB and LB too - this for me is unrealistic. There is no way to edit a player's positions in the game either, except for his primary position, which I don't really see what that affects.

1. Yes I'm a data editor and edited 9 teams for Fifa10:

Brighton & Hove Albion
Charlton Athletic
Crewe Alexandra
Derby County
Hereford
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Tranmere Rovers
West Bromwich Albion

2. Yes in the next squad update he'll now be left footed, data editors edit all aspects of a player/team, stats,attributes, traits, appearance, team tactics, formation, set piece takes etc. etc. some of us are really good, some of us are really bad and get replaced annually by EA, I've done the last 3 Fifa's so I guess I'm somewhere in the middle ;)

3. I can't really comment on the in game edit mode as it's outside my area of work. Kilgallon has played a fair few games at left back, not sure about right back but I believe that was inherited from whomever edited him at Leeds, I tend not to remove something unless someone specifically tells me it's incorrect or I discover it myself, I chat to a number of fans for the teams I edit and I don't recall any Sheff Utd fans telling me to remove his fullback positions so maybe they think he should be able to play there as well ;)

Back
Top Bottom