The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [All Platforms]

Completed the main quest. Also got 1000/1000 gamer score. Go me.

Still so much to do - literally hundreds of quests.

But it may be time for a break. Even though I'm still playing it now.

Best single player game ever.

im at the point where I searched the dragon burial and then go to solitude. how far am I into main quest.

Ive played for ages though doing side quests.

Completed the main quest. Also got 1000/1000 gamer score. Go me.

Still so much to do - literally hundreds of quests.

But it may be time for a break. Even though I'm still playing it now.

Best single player game ever.

Yeah, its a weird feeling having 'finished'. I started doing some side stuff with my main character, but then gave up and started a new, this time going to build a 'tank' type. Playing the opposite choices as my first one, and it really does feel like a new game. So deep.

Also, check out skyrimnexus.com for some of the mods. Some are just helpful (UI improvements, better maps) but they also do lots of nice things if your PC can handle it. If you download the Nexus Mod Manager (free, but you have to register) it sorts it all out for you. If Skyrim is anything like Oblivion, the community will start creating huge mods soon too :)

Agree, my favourite single player game since FFIII (and that was a few years ago!!!)

Am I right in thinking that when you finish the main quest you can continue playing? So you can go and finish all the side quests even though you have finished the game so to speak?
That would be great, I wish Fall Out 3 had that.

Am I right in thinking that when you finish the main quest you can continue playing? So you can go and finish all the side quests even though you have finished the game so to speak?
That would be great, I wish Fall Out 3 had that.

That's absolutely true. You even get a few perks to help out with the quests - and NPC's acknowledge your wonderful-ness :)

The mods on skyrim nexus saved this game for me. Spartacus!!! If it wasn't for those mods I wouldn't be playing.

This is without doubt the best game I've ever played in my 20+ years gaming career. Unbelievable stuff... The vibe and immersion this game creates is unprecedented for me.

what mods do u recommend

To start I would recommend the following mods:

A Quality World Map - With Roads
Deadly Dragons
Better Werewolves and Vampires
Better Bound Weapons
Weapons of the Third Era
Imperial Legion Overhaul V25
Assassins Creed Thieves
Better Females by Bella
Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition
Improved NPC Clothing - High Res
Enhanced Blood Textures

You can find all of them here: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/

To start I would recommend the following mods:

A Quality World Map - With Roads
Deadly Dragons
Better Werewolves and Vampires
Better Bound Weapons
Weapons of the Third Era
Imperial Legion Overhaul V25
Assassins Creed Thieves
Better Females by Bella
Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition
Improved NPC Clothing - High Res
Enhanced Blood Textures

You can find all of them here: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/

ok will this effect my current save game

and will it make it harder for my pc to run? It runs perfect on 1080p high atm.

Shouldn't do, don't see anything there that will create much extra load, I'd recommend all of the high quality landscape packs as well as the enhanced shaders. Get them from same link as above.

ok will this effect my current save game

and will it make it harder for my pc to run? It runs perfect on 1080p high atm.

It will alter not harm your current game save since most mod installations require you to overwrite old files. Your pc should be fine. What kind of graphics card do you have?

Shouldn't do, don't see anything there that will create much extra load, I'd recommend all of the high quality landscape packs as well as the enhanced shaders. Get them from same link as above.

It will alter not harm your current game save since most mod installations require you to overwrite old files. Your pc should be fine. What kind of graphics card do you have?

NICE!

I have

5770 1gb

2.23 ghz cpu dual core oc'd at 2.7ghz

3gb ddr2 ram

This is without doubt the best game I've ever played in my 20+ years gaming career. Unbelievable stuff... The vibe and immersion this game creates is unprecedented for me.

This game is really incredible. I played for a few hours but got totally side tracked and ended up coming across new quests and areas by accident.

The depth of this game is absolutely unbelievable.

The cities so far spread out with unique goings on, various different characters and armies and dungeons and tombs and people to meet. Really its just unimaginable.

When I thought final fantasy 7 was a huge game as a kid. This game is like 10000 final fantasy 7s all in 1.

Its really amazint that they can make a game like this.

Sadly I play for 4-5 hours and I feel I get nowhere lol. You could play this game forever. I feel I should be doing other things.

After having put about 60 hours into it, then suddenly in a secondary quest a member of the mages college converts me to a horse, but due to some stupid bug, after recovering my appearance now my character can't be seen, so I play in invisible mode. Now I have to recover my previous load (1.5 hours before)...

The ammount of times I've had to redo sections because of stupid bugs is staggering. I definitely think it's the biggest game I've ever played, but it's not, by far, the best single plaer experience. The game is too simple in it's core gameplay and the fact you do thousands of simple quests doesn't mean they are fun, though I've had fun with the complex ones (thieves, companions, mages, bards) and that one in Markarth about an enchanted house.

I'm surprised at the high quality of a lot of the quests and the amount of things that happen and are out of the main quest. It's really a great effort, but there are some decisions I don't like at all.

First, the auto-level of certain enemies it's just stupid. It doesn't feel right to go to a cave and die at the hands of a kind of wildling that I could easily kill 5 levels before in another cave! It doesn't make sense. They could have the levels set from start, and the difficulty then would depend on the level of your enemies. So if you find a difficult cave, you should return later. That would have been a much better approach in my oppinion.

On the other side, dragons are a piece of cake. I can simply stand before them and kill them in 4 or 5 strokes. It really turns what should be an epic moment into rutine. A let down, this. I can't stop comparing it to the bosses of Dark Souls, where you have to be absolutely focused and you have an inmense feeling of reward when you beat them. In Dark Souls I shit myself when I meet a dragon. In Skyrim it's like "oh, a dragon, let's kill it quickly".

The simplicity of the combat engine also makes the game feel worse than it really is. I mean, if the game had had the combat engine of Dark Souls, this could be the best game ever. But as it is, it's odd, unprecise and feels dated.

I have invested a lot of hours in the game, and it's a good one, but I miss a lot of things to consider it a masterpiece. The feeling of reward, for example. The whole game feels like a time-burner, a good one, but most of the experience is flat, without real ups and downs in the story or the experience. I mean, clearing an infinite number of linear caves can only get boring at the end. There are lots of other things to do, but at the end between combat complexity and world size, I would have preferred a little more of the first and a little less of the second.

That doesn't take away that it's an impressive work and take my hat off because I didn't like Fallout nor Oblivion, and this one got me. I would give it a solid 8.5, but far from my goty of the year, Dark Souls, because of that rewarding feeling I miss.

After having put about 60 hours into it, then suddenly in a secondary quest a member of the mages college converts me to a horse, but due to some stupid bug, after recovering my appearance now my character can't be seen, so I play in invisible mode. Now I have to recover my previous load (1.5 hours before)...

The ammount of times I've had to redo sections because of stupid bugs is staggering. I definitely think it's the biggest game I've ever played, but it's not, by far, the best single plaer experience. The game is too simple in it's core gameplay and the fact you do thousands of simple quests doesn't mean they are fun, though I've had fun with the complex ones (thieves, companions, mages, bards) and that one in Markarth about an enchanted house.

I'm surprised at the high quality of a lot of the quests and the amount of things that happen and are out of the main quest. It's really a great effort, but there are some decisions I don't like at all.

First, the auto-level of certain enemies it's just stupid. It doesn't feel right to go to a cave and die at the hands of a kind of wildling that I could easily kill 5 levels before in another cave! It doesn't make sense. They could have the levels set from start, and the difficulty then would depend on the level of your enemies. So if you find a difficult cave, you should return later. That would have been a much better approach in my oppinion.

On the other side, dragons are a piece of cake. I can simply stand before them and kill them in 4 or 5 strokes. It really turns what should be an epic moment into rutine. A let down, this. I can't stop comparing it to the bosses of Dark Souls, where you have to be absolutely focused and you have an inmense feeling of reward when you beat them. In Dark Souls I shit myself when I meet a dragon. In Skyrim it's like "oh, a dragon, let's kill it quickly".

The simplicity of the combat engine also makes the game feel worse than it really is. I mean, if the game had had the combat engine of Dark Souls, this could be the best game ever. But as it is, it's odd, unprecise and feels dated.

I have invested a lot of hours in the game, and it's a good one, but I miss a lot of things to consider it a masterpiece. The feeling of reward, for example. The whole game feels like a time-burner, a good one, but most of the experience is flat, without real ups and downs in the story or the experience. I mean, clearing an infinite number of linear caves can only get boring at the end. There are lots of other things to do, but at the end between combat complexity and world size, I would have preferred a little more of the first and a little less of the second.

That doesn't take away that it's an impressive work and take my hat off because I didn't like Fallout nor Oblivion, and this one got me. I would give it a solid 8.5, but far from my goty of the year, Dark Souls, because of that rewarding feeling I miss.

I agree 100% with you.

I also had similar issue with oblviion. The combat felt tacky. I wish liek you they had combat from a third person fighting game in there system eg..dark souls, ninja gaiden, god of war...I mean some mix from those types. The combat feels real silly a hit for a hit, trading hits, quite clumbersome.

Also the game does lack ups and downs in story etc.but mayeb thats due to being side tracked ana a lot of random wandering. But quests/missions could be better made probs.

If you play pc there is a mod to make dragons real hard but they are pretty easy.

I know what u mean about the game cause I can siwthc it on and be amazed at its epicness but then it kinda drags on and often I feel its repetitive stuff, until I get some random event or nice quest.

Next patch will have these fixes:

(all platforms unless noted)

BUG FIXES

General optimizations for memory and performance
Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequin’s in player’s house. (PS3)
Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)
Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)
Memory optimizations related to scripting
Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
Fixed crash in Haemar’s Shame if player had already completed “A Daedra’s Best Friend”
Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian
Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly
Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player’s home
Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player’s house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any furnishing.
Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
Fixed memory crash with container menu
Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor’s Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions
Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally not fail
Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks

QUEST FIXES

The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing “Diplomatic Immunity”
In “Breaching Security”, the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if “Season Unending” was an active quest
Fixed issue where starting “Season Unending” after finishing “Joining the Stormcloaks” would prevent “The Jagged Crown” from starting properly.
Fixed issue progressing through “Message to Whiterun” while “Season Unending” was still open would block progression for both quests.
In “Arniel’s Endeavor”, fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
In “Forbidden Legend”, the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
Fixed rare issue in “Forbidden Legend” where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpose unaccessible
In “The White Phial”, the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
“The White Phial” will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing “A Night to Remember”
Fixed issue where leaving Riften during “A Chance Arrangement” would prevent quest from progressing
In “Darkness Returns”, a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
In “Under New Management”, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
“Onmund’s Request” will now start properly if player has already found Enthir’s staff before receiving this quest
Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
“Repairing the Phial” will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
Finding Pantea’s Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
In “The Coming of the Dawn”, fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
Fixed rare issue in “The Mind of Madness” where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
Fixed issue in “Pieces of the Past” where Mehrunes Dagon’s Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
“Blood’s Honor” will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
Fixed rare issue where “Dampened Spirits” would not start properly
Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine woud block progression for “No One Escapes Cidhna Mine”
Fixed numerous issues with “Blood on the Ice” not triggering properly
In “Blood on the Ice”, Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
In “The Cure for Madness”, killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
Fixed rare issue in “To Kill an Empire” where an NPC would fail to die properly
Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting “Boethiah’s Champion” no longer prevents quest from starting.

Try some of the mods I listed bud, particularly better dragons, vampires, and werewolves.

So has everyone on here finished the game? I've finally got Mass Effect 2 out of the way now so I've just started and am about 5 hours in. I'm playing as a regularNord and am at level 7, and concentrating all my upgrading on single handed combat and blocking, just to get the basics down.

However...

the game's pretty crazy though, I'm doing the quests for the companions and I've just become a freakin' warewolf. Didn't see that coming at all.

So has everyone on here finished the game? I've finally got Mass Effect 2 out of the way now so I've just started and am about 5 hours in. I'm playing as a regularNord and am at level 7, and concentrating all my upgrading on single handed combat and blocking, just to get the basics down.

However...

the game's pretty crazy though, I'm doing the quests for the companions and I've just become a freakin' warewolf. Didn't see that coming at all.

Finish in what sense? Finish the main quest line?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Anything really, either the main story, all the questlines, or even if people have simply given up. Was just wondering seeing as the talk on here had all but stopped.

If anyone is still playing, or has finished even, I'm stuck on something and would appreciate any help I can get...

Basically I just upgraded my smithing to level 100 and used enough perks to get the dragon armour. I then upgraded that to 'legendary' but it's no better than my existing steel plate armour.

Is that it for dragon armour?! My main body armour is only 160 on legendary, and my helmet etc are upgraded but weaker than my steel ones. What am I doing wrong? I saw someone say that they got their main body armour for dragon to be nearly 300, but I can't upgrade my 160 armour any more than 'legendary'.

Add to that the fact that dragon armour looks awful and I wish I hadn't just spend thousands of gold coins levelling up my smothing and loads of perks upgrading too :((

Dragon Armour isn't that great, IMO. There are better about.

I've finished the game, got all the Achievements and completed most of the quests (including the miscellaneous quests). There's still a lot for me to do, but I'm now waiting on the DLC.

One of the best things you can do in the game is activate the Steed Stone (one of the 13 standing stones). This increases your carry weight by another 100, and also renders any armour you are wearing weightless. This is arguably the best stone available to activate, IMO. You can be wearing full Dragon armour including the boots, gloves and helment and it all weighs nothing, meaning you don't suffer in any way with speed or manoeuvrability.

Absolutely loved this game. Best single player game I've played. Really looking forward to the DLC, but for now, I'm taking a back seat and playing other games. I think I put around 220 hours into Skyrim and I'm currently level 70.

Blimey, I've got a way to go then! I'm on level 27 right now largely due to the fact that I spent hours and hours making iron daggers and hide bracers to rank up my smithing to 100.

Which armour do you use? I've spent a lot of perks getting to the dragon armour but I think I'm gonna try the ebony armour. That said, I now can't decide between light and heavy...sigh...

I wasn't at all sure about this game when I started playing but I am crazily addicted now.

Back
Top Bottom