Votes: 2 1.5%

Votes: 7 5.2%

Votes: 10 7.4%

Votes: 20 14.8%

Votes: 44 32.6%

Votes: 35 25.9%

Votes: 11 8.1%

• Total voters
8. Its a solid game. A refined version of FIFA 09. Could go up to a 9 with a full retail version but definitely not more than that.

6 For me, played some more last night before 4 hours of 09, player swapping issues still, slightest knocks giving Free kicks at times, still trying to get to grips with heading and other bit's, would probably go up with more playing but back on to 09 until release now...

4 for me. played 7-8 games and each time it felt a bit.......soulless. i never truly felt in control, hated the stadium celing cutscene for a substitution. Player seemed "to me" be running on their tip-toes.

can't understand the hype. If this is the future then we are all in trouble!

Please don't patronize me with any PES fanboy comments.

Opinion is what makes these boards great, accept people s opinions "may" vary

4 for me. played 7-8 games and each time it felt a bit.......soulless. i never truly felt in control, hated the stadium celing cutscene for a substitution. Player seemed "to me" be running on their tip-toes.

can't understand the hype. If this is the future then we are all in trouble!

Please don't patronize me with any PES fanboy comments.

Opinion is what makes these boards great, accept people s opinions "may" vary
No, YOU are in trouble, not ALL of us... Most of us in this section like it, as the poll shows.

It's just the same indescribable "soulless" excuse again, rather than actual faults you come up with... To me, whenever people say this, it just seems like their frustration at not being able to play the game how it's at it's best and just play on assisted/semi everything while holding sprint most of the game, trying to make it similar to PES...

Some people are so predictable, I knew months ago which people would say it's "soulless" and just give up on it and return to PES again - lo and behold, those people have done exactly what I predicted, I expected nothing different.

Soulless eh? Seems to be the get-out clause for not liking FIFA and the person doesn't know why.

I know what they mean though. I tried to play Majestic Chess earlier, it felt soulless compared to Fritz Chess ...

:ROLL:

Soulless eh? Seems to be the get-out clause for not liking FIFA and the person doesn't know why.

I know what they mean though. I tried to play Majestic Chess earlier, it felt soulless compared to Fritz Chess ...

:ROLL:
Hardcore PES fan FIFA cop-out key words/phrases:
Soulless
Individuality
Magic
That feeling
Lack of control

Mostly things which can't be justified :YAWN:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardcore PES fan FIFA cop-out key words/phrases:
Soulless
Individuality
Magic
That feeling
Lack of control

All indescribable things which can't be justified :YAWN:.

Wow. Took you over 20mins to come away with those key words/phrases. Surely somebody who knew what posters were going to come away with all the usual stuff saying this and that would have posted it earlier.

And if you looked closely at my post instead of defending FIFA like a only child you would have seen me post 3 actual faults I didn't like. Irrelevant off how many it is. they are posted which you didn't see because off your red mist.

But we all know you can't say anything bad about FIFA I mean I knew months ago which people would defend it if a bad wordbe spoken about it.

Just accept peoples opinions like a adult!

Wow. Took you over 20mins to come away with those key words/phrases. Surely somebody who knew what posters were going to come away with all the usual stuff saying this and that would have posted it earlier.

And if you looked closely at my post instead of defending FIFA like a only child you would have seen me post 3 actual faults I didn't like. Irrelevant off how many it is. they are posted which you didn't see because off your red mist.

But we all know you can't say anything bad about FIFA I mean I knew months ago which people would defend it if a bad wordbe spoken about it.

Yeah, I can understand how the whole game is ruined by the substitution cutscene. I don't think anyone likes it to be honest. And players running on their toes must be so weird, also a game breaker I guess, run back to the beautiful PES animation instead. And if you think that you're not in control, I would go as far as claiming that you're totally wrong and that if you just spent a bit more time with the game you'd feel differently. But in all fairness, I'd like you to specify "control" before writing you off completely, but if involves movement with the ball then forget it.

That post wasn't aimed directly at you, more a general thing that a lot of PES fans come up with.

I've no reason to defend FIFA, I have no affiliation with EA, I just think it's pretty stupid when people dismiss FIFA for such unimportant/non-existant reasons...

Does the cutscene before subs matter? Well, it's annoying but has absolutely no effect to the gameplay.
Does the "tip toe running" matter? I've not noticed it, but even if it was the case, it's just a cosmetic thing.
Not feeling in control is your problem i'm afraid, the game provides me more control than any other, with at least 6 different running speeds, manual controls, skill dribbling etc...

If I really had a problem with people saying a bad word about FIFA as you say, then I would be responding a hell of a lot in the demo feedback thread when people have pointed out ACTUAL faults and glitches (not fantasy ones). Instead I have agreed with people - in fact, i've complained stuff myself such as the keepers and player switching, so you are wrong...

As well as making up faults in FIFA, you also make up unnecessary comments which are false, such as me taking 20 mins to come up with those words and saying I can't accept opinions... I don't think i'm the one who needs to act like an adult, it's you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I regret giving the demo a 7 after playing it some more. The player switching issue is really doing my head in. The AI is not great ( a big deal to me as I'm mostly an offline player ). I'm not impressed with the chesting of the ball instead of heading that happens too often. Heading in general lacks feel. Clearances rarely results in a hefty boot away.

I'd give it a 6 now.

I voted 5 as I think it's average.
The soulless comments I have to agree with, the players don't feel individual enough and the players and ball don't have a satisfying weight to them, leading to an empty feeling after scoring as I watch the canned celebration cutscene.

This has driven me insane.
My goalkeeper seems unable to even reach the half way line, regardless of whether I press square or circle, and no matter how long I hold each button.

...and that. I was mainly referring to defensive clearances using the shoot button. I just want the defender to put his boot through it rather than the feeble clearance that often results.

No, YOU are in trouble, not ALL of us... Most of us in this section like it, as the poll shows.

It's just the same indescribable "soulless" excuse again, rather than actual faults you come up with... To me, whenever people say this, it just seems like their frustration at not being able to play the game how it's at it's best and just play on assisted/semi everything while holding sprint most of the game, trying to make it similar to PES...

Some people are so predictable, I knew months ago which people would say it's "soulless" and just give up on it and return to PES again - lo and behold, those people have done exactly what I predicted, I expected nothing different.

Absolutely nailed it. 9/10 times it has to do with this.

Also 9/10 times those 1/10 people are playing it the EXACT same way they play PES. Passing from dot to dot upfield and never backwards.

I just earlier had one of my best games through passing along the backline until i drew out their midfield. I triangled on the right side and by the time i was done iniesta made a bursting run in the middle. I only JUST didn't get him the ball but you can see just how realistic that scenario is.

I'm not saying you can't give the DEMO a 4/10. Just saying it's pretty ludicrous to do so. Especially for the reasons cited.

The whole "soulless" argument will end once we have the full game. And I for one notice when i'm controlling" Xavi or Iniesta or Messi. Does this look soulless?

YouTube - Fifa 10 Demo - Classic Messi Goal (Tele Cam)

Xavi-> Henry -> Messi.

Once we learn the full array of controls, i think then we'll be seeing more from the star players. The whole individuality issue is frustrating to read as i know there is a massive difference when running down the flank with Dani Alves and trying to run with Puyol. Alves manages to even toe the ball ahead when under heavy pressure from a defender. I really need to make a vid of some of my matches. :lol:

I won't lie, i get frustrated at the niggles but I reckon the major ones will be sorted (keeping & defensive line).

BTW if you're really getting annoyed by a high line just press left a couple times on the d-pad to set your team as defensive. And don't use LB to send your defender on runs or one-twos.

Last edited:
Also 9/10 times those 1/10 people are playing it the EXACT same way they play PES. Passing from dot to dot upfield and never backwards.

That's just utter made-up bollocks.
I play PES and FIFA the same way I play every sports game the same way, which is a nice patient build up to open space for a shot.
It was quite easy to open up the defence on the FIFA demo on the high difficulty, I wasn't using manual though so perhaps that was the reason.

I find it amusing that anyone who crtiticises FIFA obviously can't play the game or is just pressing the run button like "they" supposedly do in PES.
There's just as many exploiters and cheap players online in both games I've found, so I've no idea where you get this crap from.

I play PES and FIFA the same way I play every sports game the same way, which is a nice patient build up to open space for a shot.
It was quite easy to open up the defence on the FIFA demo on the high difficulty, I wasn't using manual though so perhaps that was the reason.

I find it amusing that anyone who crtiticises FIFA obviously can't play the game or is just pressing the run button like "they" supposedly do in PES.
There's just as many exploiters and cheap players online in both games I've found, so I've no idea where you get this crap from.

Outstanding :APPLAUD:

Slow it down a notch and improve player switching.

-1 because of shit opposition AI.
-1 for the GK positioning bug and crap headers.

fix the few bugs there are with the game, such as keeper positioning and the occasional chesting instead of clearing, and make it ever so slightly slower

-1 for poor CPU AI and infinite pression
-1 for tactical stiffness that creates pass patterns

.......soulless. i never truly felt in control

Thats the same excuse I always read when fifa players attempt an attack on pes players; PES players have their finger glued to the sprint button. Thats just bull, mate. I've always played my games depending on opposition. Sometimes its build up play and sometimes I switch to counter. Its called tactics. It should also depend on the quality of players you got. But labeling PES players like that as to make us all look like football-ignorants isn't right.

The player switching issue is really doing my head in. The AI is not great ( a big deal to me as I'm mostly an offline player ). I'm not impressed with the chesting of the ball instead of heading that happens too often. Heading in general lacks feel. Clearances rarely results in a hefty boot away.

The soulless comments I have to agree with, the players don't feel individual enough and the players and ball don't have a satisfying weight to them, leading to an empty feeling after scoring

This has driven me insane.
My goalkeeper seems unable to even reach the half way line, regardless of whether I press square or circle, and no matter how long I hold each button.

My thoughts too.

for me personally EA have gone backwards.

And it hurts me to say it.

5. Based on everything quoted above summing up my experience with this demo.

What I really like though, the sliding tackle. It feels really good crunching someone and winning the ball too :COOL: I'd love seeing that in PES because the sliding in PES is just wrong.

7/10,

Chip bug, Pressure, Camera settings:

Tele makes it feel clinical and soulless - Dynamic is too close and makes it feel too fast. They should really have the option to manually adjust Tele like in the full game as an intermediate of those camera's would/is perfect. Close enough to see all the little animations and timing you need to make the best connection with the ball whilst enough distance to see enough of the pitch to calm the game down.

Shooting seems to lack weight, I don't mean the physics or anything, but I think I miss the sound of a good thump when a player kicks the ball.

Tele makes it feel clinical and soulless - Dynamic is too close and makes it feel too fast. They should really have the option to manually adjust Tele like in the full game as an intermediate of those camera's would/is perfect.

They do? Change from "Default" to "Custom" and you can change the camera just like in the full game.

Thnx Dusse, :D

Made the game a lot better for me, was easier to keep possesion and pass it about and somewhat negate the pressure. Also showed the quality difference between players, Xavi/Iniesta/Messi/Henry were keeping the possesion really well even close to opponents but as soon as the ball went to Toure he was so much more cumbersome and lost the ball. Chelsea didn't seem to have the quality in midfield to do the same with only Lampard really keeping possesion well with the rest being far too loose.

However I did now notice that the headingtiming is fluffy making the players use their chest instead. :(

Was far more impressed today (didn't play the demo's till yesterday).

Back
Top Bottom