The Best Store in London

frangoitia

League 2
2 September 2007
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Liverpool
Well guys, I´m travelling to London and Liverpool next January and I´m planning to bring with me something to make some business. Maybe a xbox 360, i´ll see. Can you recomend me the cheapest store in London so I can see prices ?
Bye Bye

I don t understand. Well, here in Argentina, the 360 cost 700 dolars, and I how much does it cost in London ? I was looking in Ebay and it seemed that around 120 pounds

150 is the price you will pay mate, the other price is what it would be at full price

go to dubai. even better. their airport shopping mall section is bigger then bluewater "mall" :P

Last edited:
Guys, another question. I also want to buy some dvd 9. Can you recommend me any place where to buy them, at the lowest price possible. I saw in Ebay that the pack of 17 Dvd 9 is around 15 pounds.

Do you mean what region are retail DVDs ? As in if you brought James Bond ?

In the UK it should be R2, which is also for Europe*, Middle East, Egypt + South Africa.

* Not Russia, Belarus or Ukrainian - these are region 3.

Anything you buy will be cheaper in UK than most other places because the currency (pound) is at all time lows against things like the Dollar and Euro. It's almost 1:1 with the Euro, but the pricing mechanisms haven't yet caught up.

For instance a PS3 Dualshock 3 at Amazon.de is EUR 59,95, on Amazon.co.uk it is GBP GBP 34.25. In dollars these amounts are $81.83 and $52.16. I'm not saying buy the controller at Amazon (you can probably get it cheaper somewhere else) but it just shows how weak the UK is financially... if you walk down Oxford Street around 80% of the shoppers are tourists, people are going to London because it's so cheap (esp. compared with the continent).

Anything you buy will be cheaper in UK than most other places because the currency (pound) is at all time lows against things like the Dollar and Euro. It's almost 1:1 with the Euro, but the pricing mechanisms haven't yet caught up.

For instance a PS3 Dualshock 3 at Amazon.de is EUR 59,95, on Amazon.co.uk it is GBP GBP 34.25. In dollars these amounts are $81.83 and $52.16. I'm not saying buy the controller at Amazon (you can probably get it cheaper somewhere else) but it just shows how weak the UK is financially... if you walk down Oxford Street around 80% of the shoppers are tourists, people are going to London because it's so cheap (esp. compared with the continent).

I was absolutely shocked when I looked into buying some stuff from the UK (eg Fallout 3 collector's) at how weak the pound is right now, really good time to buy stuff from the UK if you live anywhere else (if you'll forgive the cynical profiteering type comments) :)

Baaah fuck the UK, shithole anyways ;) If it weren't for having family there I would never, ever set foot on the island again :)

Trying to persuade my Mum to come here to visit us so we don't have to go there, unfortunately she's 61, never flown before and has a slightly dodgy ticker :(

Do you mean what region are retail DVDs ? As in if you brought James Bond ?

In the UK it should be R2, which is also for Europe*, Middle East, Egypt + South Africa.

* Not Russia, Belarus or Ukrainian - these are region 3.

No, I mean the region of the console. Is it Ntsc or Pal_N ?

Back
Top Bottom