Arsenal Thread

Re: The ARSENAL Thread - Arsenal 3-0 Sparta - Knockout stages here we come!

I bet you did!

It was a great performance and I can't see Arsene holding Robin back now. It was strange to see Dennis finish a whole game last night though.

I have to post this for the legend that is Arseblog as it had me in stiches!

Beautiful. The latest is that Peter Kenyon, of all people, is set to give Chairman PHW a call to offer an olive branch. If he rang me and offered me an olive branch I'd shove it up his arse, the wanky, Uncle Fester looking cunt and it wouldn't be an olive branch but a 12 guage shotgun. Yesterday our Chairman said "I think it is best people don't talk about individuals. For instance, I don't think I should make comments about other chairmen."

He may have a point although I'd love to have heard him call Martin Edwards a peeping Tom and Ken Bates a smurf fucker. Maybe that's just me though.

Interesting that he plays PES5 as well (see last line of today's blog). We should try and get him on here :p

And maybe teach him how to patch the game too. lol

Thierry Henry : :applause:

Premierleague : 5 goals in 5 Games
Champion's League : 3 Goals in 2 Games

The table looks bit better now as we move into more familiar territory, moving up 5 places to 3rd.

Really wanting Man UTd. to win tomorow to end Chelsea's run.

Nice article
From football365.com:

Patrick Vieira has launched an astonishing attack on Ruud van Nistelrooy in his new autobiography, as revealed by the News of the World, where he calls the Manchester United striker a cheat and a coward.

Take it away Paddy: "Everyone thinks he is a nice guy but, in fact, he's a son of a bitch. He has a history of incidents that all too often have gone unnoticed."

Keep reading, it only gets better: "He has punched Freddie Ljungberg and elbowed Lauren. At Arsenal, we hated him and had real reason to do so.

I can't stand the sight of Van Nistelrooy. He's a great player and has proved himself time and time again, but everything about him annoys me. He's always complaining and whingeing.

There are some players I respect, despite the fact they'll stick the boot in, because I can sense there is no malice.

They are not hiding what they are doing. Paul Scholes gives as good as he gets, won't complain, won't moan and roll around on the ground. He gives, he takes.

Van Nistelrooy, on the other hand, is deceitful as well as being a nasty piece of work.

In September 2003, I was sent off at Old Trafford after a second yellow card as a result of an incident with him.

I got shafted. Just thinking about it makes my blood boil.

He tried to stamp on me and then he made more of the challenge than he should have done. I am not blaming the referee. He got shafted, too.

I never intended to touch Van Nistelrooy and did not deserve a red card. The way he laid it on annoyed me even more.

After the game, I was standing with a friend in the tunnel when Van Nistelrooy walked past. We looked at each other. He tried to talk to me and I told him that it was finished and I had nothing more to say.

But he persisted. So I asked if I had touched him. He simply replied: "You have no class." That was the icing on the cake. He was trying to convince himself that he had not cheated, which just showed he did not have a clear conscience.

I said: "Watch it, or I'm going to land one on you."

We were on the verge of fisticuffs but Mikael Silvestre, Fabien Barthez and Robert Pires got there just in time and intervened. This altercation confirmed my view that not only is Van Nistelrooy a cheat, he lacks courage.

The Dutchman missed a penalty in that match and Ray Parlour, Lauren and Martin Keown jumped on him. Arsenal were criticised for this and it is true that it does not make pretty viewing.

Injustice was a feeling we experienced all too often when we faced them. Even the last two matches I had against United give rise to bad memories. There was a notorious game in November 2004 - we were unbeaten in 49 matches and were well and truly robbed of the 50th.

I still find it hard to believe. If we had conducted ourselves like United we would have been down to eight men.

Rio Ferdinand fouled Freddie and should have been sent off, but did not even receive a yellow card. Wayne Rooney dived and cheated blatantly to win their penalty. I had not forgotten any of this when the return match came round in February.

Every time we played United, Gary Neville acted tough. We were always on the receiving end and his behaviour towards Jose in October had been unacceptable.

So that night I said to him: "Every time you foul the guys, I'm going to be watching you. If you do it, I'm going to sort you out.'

Yes, it was intimidation - but I hadn't planned to say it. Roy Keane got involved, which did not surprise me. He is their captain, so his job is to defend their players.

He told me to leave Neville alone and that if I had a problem, I should talk to him. I didn't have a problem with him. Keane was the toughest midfielder I did battle with in England.

When you compare his courage and behaviour on the pitch with Van Nistelrooy and Neville, it's like night and day."

I think Vieira is going a bit over the top there. Vieira is just feeling bitter because he's the one that got sent off and Vieira obviously had hopes such as going 50 games unbeaten which were taken away from him.
I have to admit, Ruud can be an asshole at times (that "tackle" on Ashley Cole at OT springs to mind) but there are players that are far worse but Vieira is only whining cuz its always Ruud and Man Utd that ruin Arsenal's party.

Its a win win situation really. We're either goin to see Moanrinho taken down a notch or C Ronaldo blub his heart out, again :p

RuneEdge said:
I think Vieira is going a bit over the top there. Vieira is just feeling bitter because he's the one that got sent off and Vieira obviously had hopes such as going 50 games unbeaten which were taken away from him.
I have to admit, Ruud can be an asshole at times (that "tackle" on Ashley Cole at OT springs to mind) but there are players that are far worse but Vieira is only whining cuz its always Ruud and Man Utd that ruin Arsenal's party.
Nah, he's a son of a bitch.

Re: The ARSENAL Thread - Arsenal 3-1 Sunderland

Just heard something interesting, the new arsenal ground has a pitch that is almost 20% bigger. do you think that's going to change their success at home?

Also, why would Vieira say all those things? I mean has he never seen video of his own dives, whinges, violence and verbal spats? There's some famous word, begins with H, ends in -ite...oh I just don't know maybe it doesn't exist in French.

Well we are doing pretty well at home as it is! 8 wins out of 8 in all competitions.

But yes you are right, a bigger pitch should suit us even more. Highbury is so narrow some teams are able to defend in numbers and we sometimes have difficulty in breaking them down with our passing game. With a wider pitch, the gaps are going to be bigger so it should suit us.

Vieira is a lot of things and has a lot of faults, but what he says about Ruud Van Nistelrooy is factually correct - He's a son of a bitch :mrgreen:.

Damn Henry made those 2 goals against Sunderland look easy as hell..... The guy is a MONSTER!!!!!! Good to see us back in 4th place and with Charlton playing ManU and Us playing Wigan we can get closer to 2nd......

I really hate how MOurihno says Chelsea will win the title....... The guy is too cocky and one day it will come back and slap him in the face..... ARsene is arrogant BUT he never makes stupid comments like this

Anyone know anything about Vela?

I must confess I'd never heard of him before the speculation started about his Arsenal transfer.

Yeah i saw him in the U17 WC that they showed on Eurosport, he looks like a decent player. I honestly have to say i don't know how to rate players, but like i said he looks like a decent players.

STR said:
Nah, he's a son of a bitch.
the most red carded player in prem history should not be talking shit, about being a cheat, I guess you cant call viera a cheat, since he always got caught... im glad keano set him straight... viera sounds like a big pussy

csaunders said:
the most red carded player in prem history should not be talking shit, about being a cheat, I guess you cant call viera a cheat, since he always got caught... im glad keano set him straight... viera sounds like a big pussy

Vieira can say what he likes, whats the saying "takes one to know one". I notice you are just dishing out more shit to Vieira and not defending Van Nistelrooy. Probably because you know what Paddy is saying is correct. Ruud is a nasty, cheating, sly, piece of shit.

Clockender said:
Vieira can say what he likes, whats the saying "takes one to know one". I notice you are just dishing out more shit to Vieira and not defending Van Nistelrooy. Probably because you know what Paddy is saying is correct. Ruud is a nasty, cheating, sly, piece of shit.
And I've noticed you're bad mouthing Ruud more and not defending Vieira. So you too think that he's a diver, a cheat and a big pussy?

Clockender said:

Also, a son of a bitch.

Rune, he just said it 'takes one to know one'. Speaking on clock's behalf, we know that Veieira gets stuck, is more of a diver then Pires (although the pundits never seem to catch on to that). You can hate him for that, go ahead, but at least he doesn't punch players and commit the most cynical of fouls. Then he adds to his repertoire of cuntish behaviour all the time when I fee like he deserves another chance. It's not something against United either. I don't have anything particularly against most of them, and don't even have an axe to grind with Keane of all people. Anyway, don't let this erupt another fight. What he said has been said, rvn will take legal action if he wants, he plays for another team now etc. etc.

On Vela, he's a bright spark from what I've seen of him. I just hope he doesn't grow too fond of Valencia. I like how we have some pulling power for these s. american and continental young players now. At least somewhat.

What's people's opinion on the Torres talk? I see it perhaps disrupting van Persie's progress in some ways but who would pass up a talent like that and we need replacements anyway. I wouldn't like it if his purchase meant a guaranteed spot. In my view, that position alongside Henry should be fair game for anyone who's playing their best. This hasn't been the recent case with Dennis who has got too many starts when VP was playing much better.

Last edited:

RuneEdge said:
And I've noticed you're bad mouthing Ruud more and not defending Vieira. So you too think that he's a diver, a cheat and a big pussy?

I have said it before and I will say it again, Vieira is no angel, but he doesn't profess to be one.

RVN on the other hand goes about his business in a sly, underhand sort of way. Remember our title win at Old Trafford in 2002? What a night! Anyway, RVN was caught on camera punching Freddie in the stomach off the ball. Freddie said at the end of the game "He did that and then wanted to shake my hand at the end, I just walked away!". And thats why I hate RVN, he's a cunt.

STR said:
What's people's opinion on the Torres talk? I see it perhaps disrupting van Persie's progress in some ways but who would pass up a talent like that and we need replacements anyway. I wouldn't like it if his purchase meant a guaranteed spot. In my view, that position alongside Henry should be fair game for anyone who's playing their best. This hasn't been the recent case with Dennis who has got too many starts when VP was playing much better.

Jose says Torres is second only in the world to Thierry. I am not sure about that but he is certainly a talent. Its interesting what you say STR about hampering RVP's progress, but think about this: Maybe Wenger is lining up Torres as a replacement for the unthinkable: Theirry leaving next summer. I think he would be as good a replacement as we could get, young, talented and would suit our style. In tandem with RVP\Jose we would have a very young forward line that could take us forward for the next few years. Just a thought.

I hate RVN so much, that i edited him in my game and gave him a horse's head... hilarious on corners when he tries to head one in!

on another note, heard some noise about Dirk Kuyt for £12mill in January. I think the forwards are sorted, Wenger should concentrate on a central midfielder and a central defender. I think he'll wait for next summer to move for a keeper though.

I can't see any harm in getting Torres. Having 3 strikers in Henry, RVP and Torres on the bench would be fantastic as you always have a replacement if someone is injured or needs a rest.

It's just finding the balance in the rotation which is the key but that would be Arsene's job.

Arsenal need at least 1 new striker as we're definitely losing Bergkamp next summer, and for me Quincy isn't up to the job yet. Also I still believe Reyes is a better winger than a striker in this league.

I'm happy that Wenger is looking at the right sort of player as well. Kuyt and Torres are box players where as RVP plays deeper in a Bergy esque role. Henry is just a freak who plays support or leading striker equally well. He basically has a free role, so it's blatantly a case of who's playing best + Henry upfront.

The team is full of providers but not that many goal getters. Don't get me wrong, Fred, Pires and Reyes all chip in, but I think we need a player who just lives to score. There's too much fluffing about on the edge of the box at the moment. The ideal striker would be someone who's perhaps a bit selfish and is prepared to have pot shots from in and outside the box to test the keeper's range, and hopefully put a business end to all this lovely build up play.

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
I hate RVN so much, that i edited him in my game and gave him a horse's head... hilarious on corners when he tries to head one in!

:lol: Is there anyone who DID NOT do this in PES4? I swear every time I played Pro Evo round someone's house they'd given the horse his proper head :lol:

Joystick said:
:lol: Is there anyone who DID NOT do this in PES4? I swear every time I played Pro Evo round someone's house they'd given the horse his proper head :lol:

Probably RuneEdge.. (no offence Rune :))

Joystick said:

I didn't but I wish I had now! :mrgreen:

Pires7 said:
In September 2003, I was sent off at Old Trafford after a second yellow card as a result of an incident with him.

I got shafted. Just thinking about it makes my blood boil.

He tried to stamp on me and then he made more of the challenge than he should have done. I am not blaming the referee. He got shafted, too.

I never intended to touch Van Nistelrooy and did not deserve a red card. The way he laid it on annoyed me even more.

Hahahaha. That's the biggest load of rubbish i've heard in my life. Vieira kicked out at Ruud when he was lying on the floor. Ruud simply jumped back to avoid getting kicked and all the Arsenal fans were like- "OMG LOOK AT RUUD DIVING!!!11"
I do admit that Ruud is a cheating, diving cunt at times, but 90% of footballers are anyway.

Nah mate watch a vid of it. As long as Vieira's legs are, his leg was never reach Ruud, and Patrick knew that.

Back
Top Bottom