1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

The all new cricket thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by loz, 25 January 2005.

1. loz

loz Guest

Well with a new forum and a historic Test series win over South Africa, in their own back yard, i thought we need a new thread ;)

Not a totally convincing series win, but the boys did the job, and lets hope we can finally give the Aussies a run for their money in the summer and try and claim back the ashes.

Special mention to Andrew Strauss who picked up the MVP series player award, with some very fine innings.

Bring on the Aussies !!!

2. LemonJelly

LemonJelly Bungie's Bitch Staff

28 August 2002
    UK
    Congrats to England for winning, not the biggest fan of Cricket as a spectator sport, playing it is a good laugh though.

3. knh4

knh4 Championship

21 October 2002
    Bradford
    Man Utd
    England were superb! With Australia we are probably the best Test side in the world. The Ashes are a tough one to call so i think they'll end up 1-1 or 2-2.

4. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    I think the Ashes will be won 3-2. Hopefully by England. I really do hope we can get a result against the Aussies. It would be great for English cricket.

5. loz

loz Guest

I think if Harmison, Vaughan and Trescothick can get back to top form and the others stay at the level they're currently performing at, we can give them a real run for their money, although its all ifs and buts at the moment. Still, at least it should make for a more intruiging contest than previous ashes series.

6. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Would love to see England win in the summer. Still think that the Aussies have the edge on us though. Going to be fun finding out though.

7. smango

smango Guest

The Aussies definetly have the edge over the Poms, but this should be a great series. England lack a world class spin bowler, while Australia has arguably the best leg spinner ever in Shane Warne.

Australia will win it 2-1, two matches will be abandoned due to the English summer rain.

8. loz

loz Guest

I agree we dont have a world class spinner, but they are rarely used on our pitches anyway. As long as Hoggard, Freddy and Harmison hit top form, we'll get wickets.

9. smango

smango Guest

South Africa are now 2-1 up in the seven match series, should be interesting to see if England can fight back and win the series.

10. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
  11. loz

loz Guest

Roll on 21st July, things look so well balanced after the recent ODI's!!

12. beachryan

beachryan Golden Boot Winner

4 July 2003
    Bermuda
    Preface: I know very little about Cricket...however...

GO BERMUDA!!! Semi-finals of the ICC on our way in 2007 to the World Cup...not bad for a country whose population could fit into Old Traffod. We lost to Scotland today, but play Canada tomorrow for 3rd place, now if only I could be excited enough to actually watch the damn sport...

13. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Getting the beers ready for a day in front of the telly tomorrow.:) Come on England!!!!

14. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    It will be tough especially at Lords but i have full faith in the lads!

15. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Just how bad have we been against the Aussies at Lords??!! Why do we bother with it? - stuff it, let's play two Old Trafford tests JM. Easy for us to get to.:D

16. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    I wouldnt mind! We havnt won at Lords for 70 years and even then it was because of bizare weather,! are you going to the 3rd test at OT?

17. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Would do if I had tickets.....:(

18. plumbers_x

plumbers_x Guest

Aussies won the toss and chose to bat.

They're 3 down already for only 66 runs and it's not even noon on the first day yet. Who is this bunch of old has-beens?

[edit]
    sorry, make that 66-4....

are you Bangladesh in disguise???

[/edit]

19. Nickybaker

Nickybaker You want SEVEN?

15 October 2003
    Essex
    The one and only Arsenal
    87-5 get in there lads. I bet every Aussie in England is trying to hide at the moment.

If we can get Gilchrist early I think they'll struggle to get 150.

20. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    A good first morning dictated by English adrenalin and (dare I say it?) Aussie nerves. Long way to go yet though...

21. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    190 all out! Brilliant bowling!

22. plumbers_x

plumbers_x Guest

190 all out...no laughing at the back!!

23. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    Great stuff England sensational! \\:o/

24. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    11-2 here come the Aussies! :roll:

25. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    18-3......oh-oh.....

26. knh4

knh4 Championship

21 October 2002
    Bradford
    Man Utd
    19-5! What the fuck is going on!

27. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Not a typical day of cricket....tbh English batter's defence has been a bit shoddy.

28. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    well its not going to end in a draw thats for sure!

29. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Might be all over at tea on day 3.:(

30. plumbers_x

plumbers_x Guest

England 155 all out....not a bad recovery from 21-5. Pieterson's making a good first impression at Test level. Shame the top order guys were playing silly buggers again.

Aussies only 35 ahead...game on again.