The all new cricket thread

Aye, respectable total after yesterday's difficulties. The Aussies were a bit sleepy this morning....:D Well done to the last man in as well. Played better than some of the top guys. Hitting Warney for four off his first ball must have felt great. Certainly put a few smiles on faces in the England dressing room.

I new a shouldnt of got my hopes up! Are only hope is to finish them off quickly in the morning then did in, but on a pitch thats getting worse it doesnt look good!

Pietersen as good as he batted has really dropped some clangers this match. The Clarke drop in the 2nd innings is now proving to be very costly.

60-odd on the board at tea with no wickets down.....things are looking up...even got away with a Warney lbw claim which was definitely out. Oh well, these guys are human and I'm sure the ump's mind was on his tea at that point.:D

It all went pear-shaped until Petersen(sic) steadied the ship again......praying for rain for the last two day's play.....

Another f*king woeful batting display by the likes of Bell, Vaughan and mr all or nothing, Flintoff.

Who is this guy Bell anyway? Do the selectors seriously believe he merits a place in the test side ahead of Thorpe? It's all very well looking to the future, but what's the f*king point of giving guys experience when as soon they get into their 30's (age), they get dropped in favour of young "future" players, just when all that experience they've gained would come in handy.

plumbers_x said:
Another f*king woeful batting display by the likes of Bell, Vaughan and mr all or nothing, Flintoff.

Who is this guy Bell anyway? Do the selectors seriously believe he merits a place in the test side ahead of Thorpe? It's all very well looking to the future, but what's the f*king point of giving guys experience when as soon they get into their 30's (age), they get dropped in favour of young "future" players, just when all that experience they've gained would come in handy.

Surprisngly Atherton said the same at the end of todays play. The middle order has no experience of playing at this level and a senior player or 2 wouldnt have seen us slump as we have done

Glad to see Atherton agrees....the same applies to all sports, footy included, so I hope selectors listen to him.

As soon as guys get into their 30's, everyone is desperate to ditch them in favour of youngsters, so that "youth gets it's chance" and gains some experience...and just when they get a decent amount of experince, everyone is desperate to drop them in favour of next years kids.....morons.....

Play your best team!!! Especially when playing against the World's best team!!! Bell better than Thorpe? Give me a break. Too late now, he's retired in disgust.

Bell and Giles particularly poor choices in my opinion, Giles outclassed and Bell cowed into giving up his wicket. Pants.:(

Oh well, England out-classed in the end. To be honest, England crumbled in the same was as supposedly much weaker England sides did against the Aussies throughout the 1990's. De-ja-vu.

Credit to Pieterson. With all eyes on him and under the pressure, the Enlgand totals would have been even more emabarassing without his runs, albeit he's a butter-fingers.

England really need to raise their game significantly to make this tour competitive. If they lose the next test in an equally pathetic manner, with the football season starting soon, everyone will just lose interest and turn off for the remaining 3 tests.

Cant believe we couldnt hold out till today! losing the last 4 wickets for 0 is just not right! but we all new we would lose at Lords anyway!

Already the build up is a bit more low key than the first test, good news about Collinwood being included he's on fire in County cricket!

Reminds me of the Lions series with all the hype. The bubble burst pretty quickly! Glad they've selected Collingwood - I'd remove Giles - useless.

i watched the 20/20 final on saturday, glad to see somerset win since i live there. i think bell is a pieace of crap on my shoe i cant believe they left out thorpe. ahh well first dat starts on thursday and i heard collingwood is in the side.

20/20 was good. Impressed with Lancashire in the semi but ran out of steam in the final. Nice to see Somerset win though.

Collingwood for me should have been in there from the start.

Now all we need is a captain replacement.:(

Vaughan now declared himself fit! Looks like Giles for the chop and Collingwood in from what being said about the wicket!

Cant believe theyve not included Collingwood! Couldnt belive it when i heard Glenn McGrath out! 183-3 so far so good!

true, he looks out of his depth at this level...wish Thorpey was in his place

nonetheless, Aussie attack looks mediocre without McGrath, but after the horrors of the 1st test, I guess we'd better wait until England have had a bowl before we decide how well they're really doing

Flint and Pieterson now batting, both are settling in nicely..a ton each :) ??

Hopefully, though with Flintoff low on confidence and runs off the bat so far, it looks more promising for Pietersen.

Cool....after a bit of a mid-order collapse (Bell and Jones failed again, what a surprise), the tail is doing a bit of wagging. Looks like Warne is getting smacked around :) as England pass 400.....oh, they've just lost the last wicket for 407. A respectable enough score....unless the Aussies reach 750 for 4 declared or something.

I've just read that Glenn McGrath's injury could take up to 6 weeks to heal, meaning he could miss the rest of the Ashes series. What a shame....hahaha.

I bet it's healed by next week....

Could be a long day tomorrow if we don't get early wickets. Losing McGrath weakened their line-up for sure though.

Oh dear, 31-4 already.....and Bell's at the crease. I smell another England 2nd innings collapse....unless Pieterson and Flintoff can perform again. It seems like they'll be having to save England quite frequently.

Back
Top Bottom