Taking Down BARCA online

I'm pretty sure it was Alfie69. Was good games, such slow pace compared to the relentless attacking of the highier end games. The best part was the individualities of the players shining through, was shooting from range with Koren due to his reputation and dribbling with Illic due to his high skill. If it was assisted i'd have just 1-2 it through the park.

The passing does take getting used to, passing it out for a throw in can be rather annoying! Still good games and hope to play anyone else in 08/03. Was quite quiet last night!

Alfie69 or Shaun, which is his real name, is very old-skool PES. Shaun refuses to press sprint when he is in possession, no mattter what. He may as well not even have that button allocated. Decent player, and very, very fair.

As for those passes that go out for a thrown-in, on Zero, you need to hold R2 when you press X. This will give you a controlled pass along the deck, and it will eliminate 95% of those stray short passes. Give it a whirl. R2 and X is Zero Assistance's best friend.

As for Lobby 08/03 being a bit quiet, it's probably down to the fact the PML League on PEEL is about to start within the next week or so. The PML League is like a PEEL Master League or MLO, members bid for players to make a squad of 24 for the forthcoming season. It's bedlam this time of year on the site, with everyone wheeling and dealing for their perfect squad. You have so much cash to start with, and all the available players in PES below 81 Overall are available. Members will probably be playing offline right now, scouting players by playing with different teams, looking for those hidden gems. It's arguably the most popular League within PEEL, but I cant be bothered with it. I like to be given a team, and that's it. Also, I play offline ML for my own kicks in that regard.

Last edited:
Alfie69 was indeed fair, liked his long shots! Refusing to sprint in possession? That's different, never heard of anyone doing that. I'll have to ask him why next time I play him.

Yeah R2 and X worked well, got easier as the game went on. It makes for such a better game than full assisted, blind through balls of perfection always annoy me!

What's your leagues POV on R3 crossing from F/Ks and Corners? Does that count as assisted?

That does sounds a lot of work indeed. If your online sometime, be good to give you a game.

Only Pass Assistance on Zero and all other Assists Off. Such as Shooting, Passing, Tackling etc. R3 is perfectly fine, it's a great option, everyone uses it.

As for Shaun, he just hates to sprint, prefer's passing, that's all I meant. It's like he doesnt know he has that button, as he uses it so infrequently. :)

Alfie69 or Shaun, which is his real name, is very old-skool PES. Shaun refuses to press sprint when he is in possession, no mattter what. He may as well not even have that button allocated. Decent player, and very, very fair.

I salute him for that. It's so hard to find players who really share the same philosophy sometimes. Finding players who play the game fairly, without using any single exploit, is very rare.

It comes down to more than just choosing a non-premium team for the sake of it. There are instances where people do choose such a team, and then end up pressuring and sprinting all game. Granted, with these teams, it's nowhere near as successful as with the likes of Barca/Real, but it's more the philosophy behind it. There are certain things like constantly spamming triple cross, holding down the pressure buttons, ping-ponging everywhere, which we all know about. There's more to a fair play mentality, however.

For example, most people feel that it's okay to charge down a defender who's receiving a short goal kick. Personally, I don't do it because I feel it's a cheap way to score. With factors like the lag, there's simply no way sometimes that you can avoid getting tackled, because the striker is on you the moment you get the ball. I havent conceded many goals this way, because I manage to control and pass the ball away, but it still irks me because of the mentality behind it. How do you guys feel about this?

I salute him for that. It's so hard to find players who really share the same philosophy sometimes. Finding players who play the game fairly, without using any single exploit, is very rare.

It comes down to more than just choosing a non-premium team for the sake of it. There are instances where people do choose such a team, and then end up pressuring and sprinting all game. Granted, with these teams, it's nowhere near as successful as with the likes of Barca/Real, but it's more the philosophy behind it. There are certain things like constantly spamming triple cross, holding down the pressure buttons, ping-ponging everywhere, which we all know about. There's more to a fair play mentality, however.

For example, most people feel that it's okay to charge down a defender who's receiving a short goal kick. Personally, I don't do it because I feel it's a cheap way to score. With factors like the lag, there's simply no way sometimes that you can avoid getting tackled, because the striker is on you the moment you get the ball. I havent conceded many goals this way, because I manage to control and pass the ball away, but it still irks me because of the mentality behind it. How do you guys feel about this?

Amen Sir.

You need a PS3 and the world will be a better place. :)

1st off, I'm not a very good player. But I couldn't agree more with both Jimmy & Shank. Funnily enough I had an insane session with Alfie last night. We played about 5 games and the football was as pure as it gets. Purists are a dying breed and a rarity these days. I play a very timid style of football, and rely on efficiency and organisation. I don't value possession that much and I'm prepared to give the opposition the majority. I seldom pressure and use R2 to defend while cutting out options and compacting the defence, and I notice just how bad pressure abuse is. Its something that's crept into people's games & they seem oblivious to this. Alfie was a refreshing opponent & just as Jimmy says, is a purist in terms of his mentality & style.

Am in complete agreement with shank, the amount of people who close down the nearest defender in PES/Fifa from G/Ks in just too much. 2v2 you see two of them charging at the near defender. Amusingly the AI in Fifa 12 actually does it too! It's a cheap way to score though it can be somewhat avoided by the R3 to another defender.

It can be hard on a ranked match not to use pressure as it is simply an easier way to get the ball back (for me at least). Espically when Messi is running at you at full pace weaving like he's on a icerink. Over pressure is just stupid as anyone with any ability should be able to pass it into the opened space.

I feel L1 and triangle is the worst part of the game online, it's such a hard skill to get the timing and tradejectory right in real life but on this you meet soo many spammers of this button. You'd expect the defender to head it away but often they just stand there and it goes over their hairline and inch perfect to the onrushing striker! Can't wait for these unassisted lobbies!

the users of PEEL does play with zone 1 (America) or zone 2 (Europe) version of PES ? because i´m from Argentina and use zone 1 version and i like the idea of a league where everyone is in equal conditions. Sorry for my english

:(
i have the US version, so i can't join you guys..
there should be a similar for the US version, right?

hey TrocheMoche añademe como amigo, a mi me gusta jugar con equipos diferentes.
PSN: sonOman_09

I think to take on Barca in this online, you just have to track back and cut out the predictable "Messi slalom" that people try and do, they try it with Sanchez and Villa too (all speed merchants) and just cover the most obvious pass, most of the time these people don't have the brain capacity to structure an attack any other way so it will play right into your hands.

They'll get through and score a few goals, but I've had a lot of success with Man City, PSG, Bayern etc.
This is in 2v2 online games btw.

I think you can join with the US version of the game, why not? I've played guys from the US before. It's just that the time difference may be troublesome for PEEL fixtures.

I think you can join with the US version of the game, why not? I've played guys from the US before. It's just that the time difference may be troublesome for PEEL fixtures.

I've never played with anyone from europe on my US version of pes2011. I played with a guy in Australia but he told me he had the Mexican release. I mostly just play quick matches so I'm not sure if it's possible, maybe in the lobbies?

Check on your Disc there is a code which looks like this, Bles-#####. This is the Version of the game that you have. NB: Version and Region are two different things.

Region 1: North and South America, United States, Canada etc

Region 2: Virtually all of the Eu, the Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa and a few others I can't recall.

Before PES2012 it was usually split into:

US
UK
EU
JP

with each sector having their own version and restrictions in terms of which regions can play against each other. This year for some unknown reason there are two EU versions...and we (South Africa) got categorised with the minority. The good thing is that there aren't any signifigant repercussions in terms of who we can play against, the restrictions just affect us as far as installing Option Files.

So if you are in the US & somehow get a BES-01407 version then you will be able to play against us, however you won't be able to play against anyone on either of the American continents.

I'm in South Africa, but our version is same as Australia ie. BLES 01407, which is not the same as the rst of EU. I can play against EU, Middle East, Africa etc. I cannot play against North or South Americans. When I go to the server list under Match Lobby, I see a different list to the one seen by someone from those other regions. The 1st Lobby we see is Eng (England). I'm sure you have no England on yours, yes?

Unfortunately there is no way to resolve this when using consoles. Firstly we cannot enter the same lobby. Even if you were to invite me, after accepting the invite the game would load for a bit like it usually does before entering the room, but the message "Room doesn't exist anymore would be displayed.". The PS3 is region free, meaning you can play any game on any console, regardless of where it was purchased, or the version of the game. However the game's parameters, in the actual game itself, are dictated by the game developers so online play is a diffrent kettle of fish.

Hope that helps you understand.

the problem with playing against barca online is first dependant on how good your opponent maybe using them, as they are the best team in the game. also the game is very biased and i mean biased towards them along with madrid and ac milan. giving them fouls for nothing while not giving you fouls also have had barca players offside and still scored.
and the crucial bit is the ai of players on your team at times they will be magically moved by the game to do stupid things so giving barca chances to score
i have instances where a player of mine under ai control and the game will not let me switch to him be in my penalty area which in real life he would come across to cut out a barca player approaching the penalty area from the wing just decide for no apparent reason to start to run up the pitch leaving him free to make a pass to his player inside the box. as i have said i was unable to take control of the player myself.
so much for the improved ai of the game the afore mentioned three teams to me seem as tho the ai for them is near enough spot on but for other teams at times it leaves alot to be desired. at times this game is good but at times its bloody awful and i mean AWFUL. (crap).
no wonder 90% of people you play online use barca madrid and ac milan
because the game is so biased towards them.
this is what you are up against your opponent and the bias. i have beaten barca loads of times but i have also lost loads of times and alot of those times were when the bias and scripting of the game kicked in!!!

Last edited:
the problem with playing against barca online is first dependant on how good your opponent maybe using them, as they are the best team in the game. also the game is very biased and i mean biased towards them along with madrid and ac milan. giving them fouls for nothing while not giving you fouls also have had barca players offside and still scored.
and the crucial bit is the ai of players on your team at times they will be magically moved by the game to do stupid things so giving barca chances to score
i have instances where a player of mine under ai control and the game will not let me switch to him be in my penalty area which in real life he would come across to cut out a barca player approaching the penalty area from the wing just decide for no apparent reason to start to run up the pitch leaving him free to make a pass to his player inside the box. as i have said i was unable to take control of the player myself.
so much for the improved ai of the game the afore mentioned three teams to me seem as tho the ai for them is near enough spot on but for other teams at times it leaves alot to be desired. at times this game is good but at times its bloody awful and i mean AWFUL. (crap).
no wonder 90% of people you play online use barca madrid and ac milan
because the game is so biased towards them.
this is what you are up against your opponent and the bias. i have beaten barca loads of times but i have also lost loads of times and alot of those times were when the bias and scripting of the game kicked in!!!

Totally agree, nothing more annoying when a crap player beats you and they gloat as if they have had any influence on the outcome! You can just feel it in your bones when the AI decides its going to screw you over.

PEEL is still going and feel free to join us guys,

Ok it's number have dropped but we still have a hardcore bunch that all play unassisted and will respect their opponents

Back
Top Bottom