Taking Down BARCA online

southernbelle

League 2
9 June 2010
fellow PESers. need your help. i have a pal who is a good player that i play consistently online. he only plays with barca and has fully assisted passing.

i know we all face these types, so what are some good tactics and teams to counteract? go defensive with INTER? control the midfield with chelsea?

let me know...

fellow PESers. need your help. i have a pal who is a good player that i play consistently online. he only plays with barca and has fully assisted passing.

i know we all face these types, so what are some good tactics and teams to counteract? go defensive with INTER? control the midfield with chelsea?

let me know...

get a new pal, or tell him what a bitch he is for using barca and those settings

What bullshit. Get him to play on 0 with other teams and see how good he is. What assistance do you play on?

Ive beaten Barca online with lesser teams, simply by being patient, passing the ball. Don't rush into tackles, because he'll just use Messi or Villa to waltz past you. Hold your shape, use R2 or R2+A, cover the passing angles with the player you are controlling and use a secondary defender to get close to the player with the ball.

If by fully assisted, you mean 4 bars, then I know how annoying it can be.

ha... tried second one. response "Barcelona fits my style."

How convenient...

Ask him to try Swansea City, they play a nice close-passing game too. If Barcelona "fit his style" then Swansea should be right up his street as well. And surely a change is as good as a rest?

I think you know you're onto a loser here. Can't you play someone else? Join PEEL? Playing vs a fully-assisted Barca when you're on zero assistance is not just pointless, it's soul-destroying.

Have a 600 rating, never once played as Barca or Madrid and actually find Barca easy to beat. Madrid are a different story, i'm a Chelsea fan and always stick with them. Just play your defence deep and latch Essien on to Messi, he is a great nullifier!

just play a team with small quick agile defenders to match Barcelona and press em out wide where there not as dangerous

I would start an ML with an edited superstar team and not tell him about it. Then when you next play him online load it up and use it.
When I play against friends online we use medium teams, but when I play against randoms I use my superstar ML team if they choose Barca, Real or AC. Some of them actually ask me not to use ML. I tell them to change teams. This usually works.
A super duper ML team usually makes mincemeat out of the Barca noobs. It's not an ideal solution I know, but it works.
It might make your mate think twice about his choice of team. Either that or he won't play you anymore.

let me know...

The teams in PES all have specific 'templates' that influence what sort of game they are best suited to playing, regardless of what players are on the field or what formation is deployed. So a big thing is to find the team that is best suited to the sort of things you like to do in the game. For example, I can do far better playing online with Bayern München than I can with Barca, simply because the things I like to do dont work that great with Barca, which is a quick short passing dribbling and yet more dribbling kind of team, whereas I like to attack out wide and play lots of big long high balls.

If you really are at sixes and sevens regarding combating the Barca, then I would suggest AC Milan, with a 5-1-2-2 or a 5-2-1-2, with a tight pressing deep back line, but offensive strategy deployed. AC have strength in all areas of the park, but despite having two of the best WF in the game, (Robinho and Pato) are a team where the ball is best played in and around the centre of the field. Also Ibrahimovic is probably the best long ball winner in the game. Hit them long and hard up to him and all that is often needed with Ibrahimovic is a little RT/RB (super cancel) manouevre into the path of the ball and the games AI will play out in such a way, that a shooting opportunity arises for Ibrahimovic. In a ten minute match online, I always used to do quite well against the Barca queens with the above methods, but have found the relative lack of scoring opportunites to be punishing in the competition mode where the games are all just 5 minutes long.

Last edited:
Hi guys.

This game really,really needs a back out a team select mode. I'm sick to death of Barcelona. About 8 of 10 people are them, every player is at least 80+. With the super assistance passing (much prefered 11's) it become a crazy basketball game with them getting the vast majority of the loose balls because they're "Barca".

Just the option to say "do you want to leave this match" would make this game soo much more tolerable online. Even making rooms saying no Barca or Madrid doesn't work :CONFUSE:

Hi guys.

This game really,really needs a back out a team select mode. I'm sick to death of Barcelona. About 8 of 10 people are them, every player is at least 80+. With the super assistance passing (much prefered 11's) it become a crazy basketball game with them getting the vast majority of the loose balls because they're "Barca".

Just the option to say "do you want to leave this match" would make this game soo much more tolerable online. Even making rooms saying no Barca or Madrid doesn't work :CONFUSE:

Do you play with Zero Passing Assistance ? And are you on PS3 ? If so, click the link in my Signature, and you'll never look back or have this problem ever again. ;) :TU:

Have to admit I don't play with zero assistance, I play with two bars online. It was 0 to begin with but got too much online playing Barca & Madrid. If I played anyone in your league i'd be more than happy to play at zero assistance. No auto player passing and shooting etc too?

Off topic i'm surprised to see Sevilla, Fiorentina and Lazio on your list of premium teams? Where's Villareal, PSG, Lyon and Valencia, they are more than a match for those three teams. Why no triple circle? I can understand cutback's being banned but that is a legitimate and non cheap way to score IMO. I can see why it could be seen as cheap, if someone did it constantly though.

Have to admit I don't play with zero assistance, I play with two bars online. It was 0 to begin with but got too much online playing Barca & Madrid. If I played anyone in your league i'd be more than happy to play at zero assistance. No auto player passing and shooting etc too?

Off topic i'm surprised to see Sevilla, Fiorentina and Lazio on your list of premium teams? Where's Villareal, PSG, Lyon and Valencia, they are more than a match for those three teams. Why no triple circle? I can understand cutback's being banned but that is a legitimate and non cheap way to score IMO. I can see why it could be seen as cheap, if someone did it constantly though.

Great point on the non-Premium teams. We have had this discussion and realised that those were the wrong decisions. Sevilla will be back next season, PSG and Lyon will be gone, and Valencia only this season made a return.

Triple Circle was a nightmare last year, so the rule stuck from then. The bottom-line is, it's still a little cheap, and PEEL doesn't do cheap. Certainly not with all the other ways to score.

It's Zero Passing Assistance, and all other Assistances off. Athough Cursor-Switch you can have whatever you like.

Even if you dont play in the Leagues, join the Community, it's an amazing place, full of great members that are available to play friendlies whenever your Online. And it's 100% not about the winning here, that's just a bonus, it's all about fair-play.

We play in Lobby 08/03. :)

Great point on the non-Premium teams. We have had this discussion and realised that those were the wrong decisions. Sevilla will be back next season, PSG and Lyon will be gone, and Valencia only this season made a return.

Triple Circle was a nightmare last year, so the rule stuck from then. The bottom-line is, it's still a little cheap, and PEEL doesn't do cheap. Certainly not with all the other ways to score.

It's Zero Passing Assistance, and all other Assistances off. Athough Cursor-Switch you can have whatever you like.

Even if you dont play in the Leagues, join the Community, it's an amazing place, full of great members that are available to play friendlies whenever your Online. And it's 100% not about the winning here, that's just a bonus, it's all about fair-play.

We play in Lobby 08/03. :)
I use 2 bar pass assistance for online, one for off.
In both demos I was using zero pass assist but can't seem to get to grips with it in the game itself. I would love to join your community Jimmy once i've got to grips with 0 assistance. Maybe a few friendlies would help at first. Message me with the details please.
Online football is ridiculous in this game now.

Yeah it's ridiculous, but so rewarding when you beat the likes of Barca/Real or a master league superteam with a smaller team.

I use 2 bar pass assistance for online, one for off.
In both demos I was using zero pass assist but can't seem to get to grips with it in the game itself. I would love to join your community Jimmy once i've got to grips with 0 assistance. Maybe a few friendlies would help at first. Message me with the details please.
Online football is ridiculous in this game now.

Trust me when I say, joining PEEL will be the best decision you will ever make PES-wise bud. As for Zero Assistance, I wouldnt worry too much about getting to grips with it, we are all in the same boat. It's impossible to master this system, due to the fact there is so much room for human error. Also, try using R2 + X for composed, controlled short passes. This is pure gold, and will help you massively when using Zero Assistance.

As Pere mentioned, Zero Assistance Online provides a pretty much glitch-free game of football. There are no ways to cheat this system. Which make the games a breath of fresh air.

Send me a PSN Friends Request, and we can hook up tonight if your free for some friendlies bud.

The PEEL World Cup Qualifiers have just been drawn. I've drawn South Africa, can't wait for this Tournament. It will run alongside the Domestic Leagues, with one Qualifier game to be played each week. Those who qualify will then be entered in the PEEL World Cup to follow. Superb.

TOP 4 Go Through From European Groups

Europe

Group A

Belgium - Deepdale
Republic of Ireland - Joe
Poland - Kamroks
Switzerland - JPW
Ukraine - Demoniac

Group B

Croatia - Kipniko
Czech Republic - Nipper
Scotland - LadyLou
Slovakia - Buzzer
Wales - G82

Africa

TOP 4 Go Through From African Groups

Group A

Algeria - Ruudvangoal
Angola - Swinny
Egypt - Amoss
Ghana - stewdog
Guinea - TZ

Group B

Mali - Ken
Morocco - Rish
Senegal - Kaiser
South Africa - Jimmy
Tunisia - Nobby

The Americas

TOP 5 Go Through From South American Groups

Group A

Canada - Ramone
Costa Rica - dJ
Honduras - Barny
Mexico - Zeemeister
United States - Richie
Bolivia - ChubbyLove

Group B

Chile - Shieldsey
Colombia - Rossi
Ecuador - Mike
Paraguay - Albort
Peru - Steviegags
Venezuela - Lolz

Asia/Oceania

TOP 3 Go Through From Asia/Oceania Groups

Group A

Australia - Fitzy
China PR - Ali
North Korea - Welsh
Saudi Arabia - Mackers

Group B

Japan - Gingerbraddman
Bahrain - Chris67
South Korea - Moff
New Zealand - Boltruk

ALBORT WILL POST UP A WORLD CUP GRID .... SAMI WILL POST UP FIXTURES ONCE THIS IS DONE SO WATCH OUT FOR THIS PLEASE AS IT SHOULDNT BE LONG BEFORE THEY GET POSTED

TOP 2 TEAMS FROM EACH GROUP WILL BE SEEDED FOR THE WORLD CUP FINALS STAGE

GOOD LUCK GUYS ENJOY AND BE LUCKY

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite and the discussion on your premium teams. I'll have to take a look in lobby 08/03 to see if anyone's there. I'm DCSchafers on PSN. Unfortunately I have Sky WiFi and my brother uses soo much P2P that it can become laggy and disconnects.
On your World Cup, Belgium, Ghana and Croatia are a class above the rest of the pack. Wouldn't want to play them with Bahrain, be a massacre!

Send me a PSN Friends Request bud and we can hook up and test your connection. I have 50 Meg with about 6 Meg upload, so that may compensate if I host.

Trust me when I say, joining PEEL will be the best decision you will ever make PES-wise bud. As for Zero Assistance, I wouldnt worry too much about getting to grips with it, we are all in the same boat. It's impossible to master this system, due to the fact there is so much room for human error. Also, try using R2 + X for composed, controlled short passes. This is pure gold, and will help you massively when using Zero Assistance.

As Pere mentioned, Zero Assistance Online provides a pretty much glitch-free game of football. There are no ways to cheat this system. Which make the games a breath of fresh air.

Send me a PSN Friends Request, and we can hook up tonight if your free for some friendlies bud.

The PEEL World Cup Qualifiers have just been drawn. I've drawn South Africa, can't wait for this Tournament. It will run alongside the Domestic Leagues, with one Qualifier game to be played each week. Those who qualify will then be entered in the PEEL World Cup to follow. Superb.

TOP 4 Go Through From European Groups

Europe

Group A

Belgium - Deepdale
Republic of Ireland - Joe
Poland - Kamroks
Switzerland - JPW
Ukraine - Demoniac

Group B

Croatia - Kipniko
Czech Republic - Nipper
Scotland - LadyLou
Slovakia - Buzzer
Wales - G82

Africa

TOP 4 Go Through From African Groups

Group A

Algeria - Ruudvangoal
Angola - Swinny
Egypt - Amoss
Ghana - stewdog
Guinea - TZ

Group B

Mali - Ken
Morocco - Rish
Senegal - Kaiser
South Africa - Jimmy
Tunisia - Nobby

The Americas

TOP 5 Go Through From South American Groups

Group A

Canada - Ramone
Costa Rica - dJ
Honduras - Barny
Mexico - Zeemeister
United States - Richie
Bolivia - ChubbyLove

Group B

Chile - Shieldsey
Colombia - Rossi
Ecuador - Mike
Paraguay - Albort
Peru - Steviegags
Venezuela - Lolz

Asia/Oceania

TOP 3 Go Through From Asia/Oceania Groups

Group A

Australia - Fitzy
China PR - Ali
North Korea - Welsh
Saudi Arabia - Mackers

Group B

Japan - Gingerbraddman
Bahrain - Chris67
South Korea - Moff
New Zealand - Boltruk

ALBORT WILL POST UP A WORLD CUP GRID .... SAMI WILL POST UP FIXTURES ONCE THIS IS DONE SO WATCH OUT FOR THIS PLEASE AS IT SHOULDNT BE LONG BEFORE THEY GET POSTED

TOP 2 TEAMS FROM EACH GROUP WILL BE SEEDED FOR THE WORLD CUP FINALS STAGE

GOOD LUCK GUYS ENJOY AND BE LUCKY
I won't be able to get online till possibly the weekend. As soon as I do i'll send you a friend request and we'll get some matches going. I'm already using R2 + X so don't have a problem with that. Cheers.

just went on-line 1st time and 2 out of 3 games was against barca ....god these guys are so boring. I like makkys advice most def

taking down barca with venlo, wigan, ajaccio, leiria etc is nearly impossible... :D
so, fight fire with fire...
if you are very skilled, you can beat them even with a mid-class team, but this is a lot of "work". because even a noob with level 4 assistance who knows to dribble will be very hard to beat when playing with barca.
i am really bored of playing against barca and real or ac milan.
this destroys online mode that much. so i joined a community to play without super teams.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom