Suggestion Fifa forum splitting into general/editing?

He said "as of now". Can we just leave it there? (rhetorical)

On the subject of FIFA it is genuinely in limbo, we just can't leave the site as it is because its focus is currently muddled and we have a bit of a mess. We either embrace all and restructure things a little to accomodate/moderate that better or we cut back to the site's roots.

We can't gauge how either route would affect our userbase in general terms of people leaving and joining, it would all be theory based on your own thoughts.

Paul Daniels said he'd leave the UK if labour got into power, that was 11 years ago.

Is it really a big deal to have a Fifa section?

It is still very apparent that it is very much a PES site - I don't get the need to take out a very small part of the Forum.

You have built up a great community on this site that was founded on peoples love for football and subsequently for the love of the best football game that was out there. Now things are turning around, I think the need to recognise Fifa becoming a better game as a positive step to making PES better.

You Evolve as the times change - Taking a step back to the roots of PES is just that - a 'Step Backwards' and I think you accepting a tiny section of the site for Fifa was a positive step in the right direction.

The love for the best football gaming experience was what started this site and it should be the basis of continuing it - I think :DD

No one else would except Paul Daniels in their country ;))

i was typing a very similar response to yours but you said everything i wanted to say

it makes sense to move with the times

pes brought us to this site, well infact my passion for football and thus a love for the best football game (pes) brought me here

now fifa is my fav game, this is why i remain here.

pes and fifa could be very close rivals in the future and you may have fans supporting both titles, it makes sense for them to be in one place

It is still very apparent that it is very much a PES site - I don't get the need to take out a very small part of the Forum.

You have built up a great community on this site that was founded on peoples love for football and subsequently for the love of the best football game that was out there. Now things are turning around, I think the need to recognise Fifa becoming a better game as a positive step to making PES better.

You Evolve as the times change - Taking a step back to the roots of PES is just that - a 'Step Backwards' and I think you accepting a tiny section of the site for Fifa was a positive step in the right direction.

The love for the best football gaming experience was what started this site and it should be the basis of continuing it - I think :DD

No one else would except Paul Daniels in their country ;))

In essence, no, but the interest in it is set to grow so the small section that we have will just get full of random things. Take Placebo's suggestion, for example, the section would need to grow to accomodate what is a sensible idea.

That's why I think we need either a pruning or a tuning.

Cheers for the feedback, guys. :TU:

I'm going to say one thing in here lads, you know I love FIFA and that I dislike PES and the direction it's going in, but... Pretend you like PES as much as FIFA for a moment, and then go and have a look at the PES2009 thread at the top of the forum. Try going in there and having a discussion about PES without someone saying "PES is crap", which is followed up by "FIFA is crap", repeat for infinity.

Milanista and I were working our balls off a couple of weeks ago in there trying to weed out the stuff unrelated to the game, and we've had to give up now because it's like a blocked toilet. Every time we wake up and check the thread there's yet more crap in there, and now it's overflowing to the point where something serious needs to be done.

As I said, you guys know I love FIFA, but if you take a look at that thread it's hard not to feel sorry for the guys who come here, to Evo-Web, to discuss PES. It's impossible at the moment.

What the answer is I don't know but it's not fair to the guys with half a brain who want to constructively criticise PES and talk about the new features etc... You just bring on responses like "I WANNA KNOW HOW MANY DOGS AND PENGUININS WILL BE ON THE MASTA LEAGUE SCREEN DIS YEAR LOL".

Last edited:
Yeh but do you ever see these people who slag pes off in the Fifa section??

I dont so why cant we just ban them seeing as there just here to piss people off and have no interest in fifa or pes at all really

I'm going to say one thing in here lads, you know I love FIFA and that I dislike PES and the direction it's going in, but... Pretend you like PES as much as FIFA for a moment, and then go and have a look at the PES2009 thread at the top of the forum. Try going in there and having a discussion about PES without someone saying "PES is crap", which is followed up by "FIFA is crap", repeat for infinity.

Milanista and I were working our balls off a couple of weeks ago in there trying to weed out the stuff unrelated to the game, and we've had to give up now because it's like a blocked toilet. Every time we wake up and check the thread there's yet more crap in there, and now it's overflowing to the point where something serious needs to be done.

As I said, you guys know I love FIFA, but if you take a look at that thread it's hard not to feel sorry for the guys who come here, to Evo-Web, to discuss PES. It's impossible at the moment.

What the answer is I don't know but it's not fair to the guys with half a brain who want to constructively criticise PES and talk about the new features etc... You just bring on responses like "I WANNA KNOW HOW MANY DOGS AND PENGUININS WILL BE ON THE MASTA LEAGUE SCREEN DIS YEAR LOL".

I think the Admins are against the idea or the Fifa side of things because they are still PES fanboys at heart and it would hurt them to bite the bullet and open the forums up more to up to Fifa

I just want a good footy game and footy forum (as we all do) and i think Evo-Web can fill the latter criteria whatever the game may be without much hassle because of the mostly mature members here

Last edited:
I think the Admins are against the idea or the Fifa side of things because they are still PES fanboys at heart and it would hurt them to bite the bullet and open the forums up more to up to Fifa
You're winding me up aren't you?

I just want a good footy game and footy forum (as we all do) and i think Evo-Web can fill the latter criteria whatever the game may be without much hassle because of the mostly mature members here
That's why we're having this discussion. To support it properly we need to adjust a few things and get some more rules in place to hopefully stop the rubbish.

Pruning it back to be about PES is a viable option for a PES fansite but I think the other option could also work. All we're trying to do is sort out the mess for now and in the future. Bearing in mind neither game has actually been released yet it could all get worse if we just leave it.

It would be a real shame to cull FIFA on these forums, they are PES yes, but times change and so has this forum, there are still loads of people who like PES, but all the main people like FIFA, which doesn't mean that no-one likes PES any more.

Do you really think that much of yourself? :SS

Anyway moving on... The main people on this site as I see it are those that inhabit the Editing section. Thats whats always set this site apart from any other PES fansite. The main people as some see it are a vocal minority, the people that use the chatbox and that post in a lot of topics usually with a smart answer (which can be funny at times) and a smiley. They're not the "main" people. All you have to do is look at the numbers of people viewing which sections we have and you'll see who the main people that keep E-W alive are.

Moving on, thats why I for one dont mind the thought of FIFA being removed from the site. People will backlash quickly and claim it will ruin E-W etc... but I would be surprised if we lost maybe 100 (being generous at that too) members because of it. It's the deluded grandeur of the "main" people that are once again the vocal minority here. Now I'm not naming names and I get on well with most people here, but some people need to realise they aren't E-W and that without them the site wont cease to exist. It's a realisation that some people are yet to comprehend unfortunately.

With regards to FIFA, I dont think it's the cause of all our problems here, I think a spoilt generation is the cause. Anyone that can remember booting up Emlyn Hughes Soccer on the C64 (what a game! :DD) can actually appreciate things these days with a cooler head and a more level outlook. The main arguments you find these days are people complaining about what EA or Konami "owe" them. Thats bollox, they dont owe you anything. I'm not exactly happy with the progress PES has made in recent years just as much as the next person, but to turn around and claim Konami/EA owe me anything is absolute and complete :censor:. Thats like giving out about Daz coming in the same sized box it did 5 years ago. I've been buying it for five years, why the feck dont they give it to me in a bigger box these days?! Sure washing machines may have gotten bigger and more powerful and you can put more into them, but they have no olbigation to make their boxes bigger because of that.:-pp

Anyway digresion aside, I think my main point is that we used to have a more mature and (not exactly for the better) more closed community here. Unfortunately PES has been a victim of its own success in this regard and we now have a much broader spectrum of gamer coming here. Along with that, FIFA has seen vast improvements over the last couple of years and PES has stagnated somewhat. Sure the shift is there in a general sense of things, what we need to decide is whether E-W follows the new trend of this or if we stick to the roots of the site and possibly shift our focus back to what made this site in the first place. Thats the main reason for the ongoing debate and it has been bouncing around for a while and not only with FIFA in mind either.

Apologies for the disjointed nature of the post, trying to post coherently while in work is tough. haha. ;)

Oi! :((

Do you really think that much of yourself? :SS
Did I say just myself?

I said the main people, which to me is the people on here every day, posting quite a lot, and using the chatbox a lot. Editing is still massive yes, but I don't really know of anyone who edits stuff and posts in the chatbox or off topic for example?

The Fifa09 thread has 1 new post every 30 visits, the PES2009 thread has 1 new post every 44 visits, so doesn't that in some very simple way say that people on Evoweb talk more about the new version of Fifa than the new version of PES? :)

Did I say just myself?

No you didn't, It was your opinion, so I asked a question based on it...

I said the main people, which to me is the people on here every day, posting quite a lot, and using the chatbox a lot. Editing is still massive yes, but I don't really know of anyone who edits stuff and posts in the chatbox or off topic for example?

And now you've just named yourself, without actually naming yourself. My case in point. They dont post in the chatbox because this site wasn't built off the Chatbox. I justified my opinion as to who I think are the main people who keep the site going, our member numbers and how many of them post in the chatbox would pretty much back me up. Just because you dont know them means nothing really.

We've had 3 (or was it 4?) PES threads, 2 that went over 100 pages.

The latest PES2009/Fifa09 threads were made within days of each other, in fact the PES thread is 2 days older but still gets less replies per visit than the Fifa09 thread, I'm not saying it necessarily means anything, I don't want anyone to get all upset and defensive, was just a curious face I noticed :)

The Fifa09 thread has 1 new post every 30 visits, the PES2009 thread has 1 new post every 44 visits, so doesn't that in some very simple way say that people on Evoweb talk more about the new version of Fifa than the new version of PES? :)

I'd base the argument on thread views rather than posts. I don tknow the figures, but I imagine the PES news thread gets more hits in a day from more unique IP's than the FIFA thread does. ;))

Yeah the PES thread has had almost double the hits of the Fifa thread, but it shows that there's less discussion in there, which is odd seeing as this is a discussion forum ;) Also the PES thread is visited regularly by people from the Fifa thread which boosts the hits yet contrarily many who post in the PES thread say that they don't visit the Fifa thread, so that means Fifa fans are actually propping up the PES thread!

My brain hurts now ;)

Did I say just myself?

The off Topic and chatbox sections don't have a third of the people looking in them and using them as the Editing sections on this site apparently.

I said the same thing last time - but because they are the main sections I go in - I forgot about the other sections :DD

So it is a valid point what they are saying in alot of ways.

But I do think the Off topic section and the Chatbox give Evo-web alot more character than the editing section. (But this is off topic :-pp )

for example when I came to this site initially to find patches and that, I barely said a word - just came in and thanked whoever spent their time creating the patch and fucked off again. I think this is true for alot of people who have joined to Evo-Web. So they don't necesarily bring anything to the site - just numbers.

So I don't think it is as black and white as saying that 500 people go into the Editing sections of the site compared to 50 in the off topic (Just numbers off the top of my head)so they are more important. I think the more Vocal Minority keep the community and spirit of the site more alive.

Obviously this is all sort of off topic - but I think it is all comparable to the Fifa Section in a way.

That reminds me, as well as FIFA we were looking at clamping down on any kind of character, community and/or spirit. And puppies.

Anyway moving on... The main people on this site as I see it are those that inhabit the Editing section. Thats whats always set this site apart from any other PES fansite. The main people as some see it are a vocal minority, the people that use the chatbox and that post in a lot of topics usually with a smart answer (which can be funny at times) and a smiley. They're not the "main" people. All you have to do is look at the numbers of people viewing which sections we have and you'll see who the main people that keep E-W alive are.

Moving on, thats why I for one dont mind the thought of FIFA being removed from the site. People will backlash quickly and claim it will ruin E-W etc... but I would be surprised if we lost maybe 100 (being generous at that too) members because of it. It's the deluded grandeur of the "main" people that are once again the vocal minority here. Now I'm not naming names and I get on well with most people here, but some people need to realise they aren't E-W and that without them the site wont cease to exist. It's a realisation that some people are yet to comprehend unfortunately.

With regards to FIFA, I dont think it's the cause of all our problems here, I think a spoilt generation is the cause. Anyone that can remember booting up Emlyn Hughes Soccer on the C64 (what a game! :DD) can actually appreciate things these days with a cooler head and a more level outlook. The main arguments you find these days are people complaining about what EA or Konami "owe" them. Thats bollox, they dont owe you anything. I'm not exactly happy with the progress PES has made in recent years just as much as the next person, but to turn around and claim Konami/EA owe me anything is absolute and complete :censor:. Thats like giving out about Daz coming in the same sized box it did 5 years ago. I've been buying it for five years, why the feck dont they give it to me in a bigger box these days?! Sure washing machines may have gotten bigger and more powerful and you can put more into them, but they have no olbigation to make their boxes bigger because of that.:-pp

Anyway digresion aside, I think my main point is that we used to have a more mature and (not exactly for the better) more closed community here. Unfortunately PES has been a victim of its own success in this regard and we now have a much broader spectrum of gamer coming here. Along with that, FIFA has seen vast improvements over the last couple of years and PES has stagnated somewhat. Sure the shift is there in a general sense of things, what we need to decide is whether E-W follows the new trend of this or if we stick to the roots of the site and possibly shift our focus back to what made this site in the first place. Thats the main reason for the ongoing debate and it has been bouncing around for a while and not only with FIFA in mind either.

Apologies for the disjointed nature of the post, trying to post coherently while in work is tough. haha. ;)

Exactly what i think and also what quite a lot of the "quieter" people think...

Exactly what i think and also what quite a lot of the "quieter" people think...

I have a picture in my head of all the 'quiet' people in a little room debating all of this with Gerd at the head of the table :LOL:

How many 'quiet' people have you been in contact with Gerd? can I have a number?

No you didn't, It was your opinion, so I asked a question based on it...

And now you've just named yourself, without actually naming yourself. My case in point. They dont post in the chatbox because this site wasn't built off the Chatbox. I justified my opinion as to who I think are the main people who keep the site going, our member numbers and how many of them post in the chatbox would pretty much back me up. Just because you dont know them means nothing really.
Well, we have different opinions of what type of poster keeps the site going then.

37 people have contacted you and your not even a mod?

may i ask why?

This time i was laughing Coopz...sorry. In Belgium "37" is a standard answer as a joke...i thought it was obvious that i was joking.
Three people however contacted me...and that is no bullshit. The peculiar thing is that it were three members i'd never noticed...not the people i usually discuss with.

Back
Top Bottom