Suggestion Fifa forum splitting into general/editing?

I have only just realised that all the Mods/Admin that got the boot are all mainly in the Fifa forums

was this part of the decision and will new mods have to be bought in to look after that side of things?

makes sense really because i aint been in the PES threads for ageeeeeees :))

I have only just realised that all the Mods/Admin that got the boot are all mainly in the Fifa forums

was this part of the decision and will new mods have to be bought in to look after that side of things?

I really doubt that. CB and me for example spend most time in the FIFA forum too.

The GF's just read my posts and pointed out a bunch of blatant spelling mistakes and grammatical errors along with the explanation of what that 'fora latin pedant' meant which was quite obvious if I had thought about it.

So now I feel ashamed.

Last edited:
The GF's just read my posts and pointed out a bunch of blatant spelling mistakes and grammatical errors along with the explanation of what that 'fora latin pedant' meant which was quite obvious if I had thought about it.

So now I feel ashamed.

Don't worry mate - Not many people on here have great spelling. Nobody minds. It's the content that matters.

I'm pretty sure my Mum bought a 'Fora Latin Pedant' from QVC the other day. She wore it out for my Mum and Dads Anniversary and got many lovely compliments :DD

Don't worry mate - Not many people on here have great spelling. Nobody minds. It's the content that matters.

I'm pretty sure my Mum bought a 'Fora Latin Pedant' from QVC the other day. She wore it out for my Mum and Dads Anniversary and got many lovely compliments :DD
im the est speller in this forum :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

makes sense really because i aint been in the PES threads for ageeeeeees :))
Only one person "got the boot" from me as you put it, stop exaggerating. :)

But as Milanista mentioned, the number of mods or anything along those lines is not a factor. Whether new people are required or not is a continual thing anyway.

Personally, I spend almost as long in the FIFA forum as the PES ones as believe it or not I'm actually quite neutral in all of this. I've not posted an opinion on either game so far yet have consumed most if not all of the information around.

Off-topic (ban me): Radiation, apparently your GF rocks, does she know anyone in a similar mould that's available who I could disappear off into the sunset with pedanting the world? (or with whom, whatever)

Off-topic (ban me): Radiation, apparently your GF rocks, does she know anyone in a similar mould that's available who I could disappear off into the sunset with pedanting the world? (or with whom, whatever)

She said "There's no apparently about it, I DO rock" :ROCK:

Back on topic:

There has been some obvious discord between FIFA and PES diehards over the last few weeks that has stinted any cerebral discourse concerning the vagaries of either upcoming footy game.

I think it will die down after both games release, as people will finally be able to make up their own minds after getting to play both and hopefully things will settle down. As always, there will be some things that people agree one game does better and some things that people agree the other game does better... and at that point people can play what they want without feeling persecuted.

Until then, I would hate to see either the FIFA or PES threads shut down or heavily censored. The sharing of opinions is what an internet forum is all about, and since this place is where people go to discuss video game footy, it seems silly to curb all comparative discussion.

My proposal, as already heard by the staff, is to create a temporary "2009 FIFA v. PES discussion forum" where all comparison topics can be discussed. Any topics that get out of hand can be deleted in their entirety, and all "this is better than that" debate can be kept to one place and out of the news and information discussion posts for each of the respective footy games' topics. A few weeks or so after the release of both games when the dust settles, the entire "2009 debate" forum could be deleted to make way for something else.

As for the original question of "can we have a separate forum for FIFA editing and general discussion" I would vote yes. I have no idea how much FIFA editing there might be out there, but maybe there is a need for it. And, the more editors on this site the better, as I have no doubt that people who will edit FIFA will inspire those editing for PES making everyones' games better.

And heck, if there is no interest in FIFA editing after release just delete the forum.

I think we should have stickies for FIFA editing, and depending on those, we create a subsection.

About EatonTJ's 'warzone' section - I'm not sure it will work. Many of the people that make stupid posts don't really go in the thread with the aim of annoying people. They go in there, see someone's post, and react without much thought, so I doubt they would bother going to that section to post. So I think the best way is to be a lot harsher in those threads and by handing out more bans or warnings. If there is a possibility, I think these bans should be adjusted to several hours to a day max - for the regular problem childs, harsher sanctions.

I mentioned some of these ideas in the Staff Forum, just thought others might want to know.

Yeah I agree the PES v Fifa thread in the past has just served to make a certain element behave as if they somehow believed they're supposed to be trolling/flamebaiting in the thread, rather than the 95% decent comparison discussion in the regular Fifa/PES threads.....

Back
Top Bottom