Street Fighter IV

Was breezing through the single player mode trying to unlock the extra characters, and then each time I face the Seth guy (the blue man with no stomach) - can't seem to get past him no matter which character I am. Anyone got any tips on this?

Was breezing through the single player mode trying to unlock the extra characters, and then each time I face the Seth guy (the blue man with no stomach) - can't seem to get past him no matter which character I am. Anyone got any tips on this?

Haven't got the game yet, but try single round, 30sec matches.

if you just want to get the characters put it on the easiest setting with 1 round. you can just pick ken or ryu and throw fireballs if you want. A cheat yes but so is the last boss so evens I guess

Just as a follow up, my Hori fight stick arrived today from Amazon - £29.99, superb quality (mostly metal) and really responsive.

I'm still shite at it, but least it feels the part now! :LOL:

If you've ever played the game back in the good old days then just use the same tactic on the boss as you used back then. I use Ryu - High kick, low kick, hurricane kick and the dragon punch are a great combination that always seem to work.

Im loving this game right now. Online is really enjoyable but I have noticed one big problem. When I was playing friends last night on PSN I kept on getting connection errors when we used headsets. When we turned it off it was fine and was smooth as butter. Its definetly the headsets that are causing connection issues since we are both located near the router and have fibre optic 20mb broadband.

Also I just realised I have been doing weak special moves since I have been using medium punches and kicks instead of high ones. Now I can string powerful special moves together finally. All I need now is the Hori Fighting Stick 3!

The game feels crappy compared to all the other street fighter IIs... the new characters add nothing and to get some of the old ones you have to win the game on with these new ones. All the venus are messed up and they've taken out some decent characters (Dee-Jay) and replaced them with rubbish ones. They've added an obese American wearing latex (Art Vanderlay) who looks like Beth Ditto, a useless bint in a business suit, a French guy in blue pyjamas who is hopeless and the worst of all some prancing Mexican wrestler who just runs around loads and does nothing...

All the while you can waltz through the game untill you get to the blue boss who will pretty much beat you everytime, unless you're Blanka then you can beat him with electricity. It's a frustrating game, and to be honest ranks as amongst the worst £27.99 I've spent - a shame as I was looking forward to the game.

If you're thinking of gettting this I'd advise against it. Rent it then probably just get the version on the PSN / Xbox Arcade.

I think it's a great game, frustrating yes, but it makes you improve a lot each time you fail.
I like the new characters, if you try their moves you'll see their far from useless.
The only thing that annoys me is having to fight Ken 9/10 times online.

go into challenge mode then into Hard Trial. There you learn how to pull of combos. I've been trying for the last day to complete ken's combos but your timing needs to be so perfect. It's a good laugh

IN-DE-STRUC-TU-BUL
mne mn mn mne mne mnee
IN-DE-STRUC-TU-BUL
mne mn nm mn mne mne
IN-DE-STRUC-TU-BUL
mne mn mn mne mne mnee
IN-DE-STRUC-TU-BUL
the last man stan-ding!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Got this on Tuesday, Good game, I like the fact each character brings something esle to the table, Not sure if I'll keep this after Tekken 6 though.

IN-DE-STRUC-TU-BUL
mne mn mn mne mne mnee
IN-DE-STRUC-TU-BUL
mne mn nm mn mne mne
IN-DE-STRUC-TU-BUL
mne mn mn mne mne mnee
IN-DE-STRUC-TU-BUL
the last man stan-ding!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Love that song! :LOL:

I completed Arcade mode with Ken!!!!!! (on the 'Easiest' setting :LOL:).

Tried 'Very Easy' and got as far as the 'rival' match with Sagat, so I'm getting better - and the arcade stick DEFINITELY helps!

Easy way to unlock the 6 normal characters.

-Set the arcade settings to Easy, 1 Round win, 30 seconds.
-Pick Zangief
-Change your controller settings to every button being Hard Kick
-Start the arcade mode and just keep pressing towards opponent and hard kick (or crouch towards opponent and hard kick)
-You should win all of the matches, you might need a continue on Blanka or Abel
-Deliberatly lose to Seth (the blue boss at the end) but continue with a different character
-Pick your character based on who you want to unlock (e.g. to unlock Cammy pick C Viper)
-You now have 2 options, (i) just use the kick technique above - you should defeat Seth around 40% of the time
-(ii) If you are a lighter character (eg Chun Li) you might want to use a few special moves and then spend the remaining 20 seconds jumping away / avoiding him to get a time victory.

You can use a similar approach to unlock colours / uniforms in the challenges mode.

Hopefully they will add T-Hawke and Dee Jay to the game in the rumoured update.

Anyone around for a few matches?

Have just picked up SFIV and the Hori FS3 for the PS3 for £55 delivered. Bargain!

Yeah it's a brilliant game from what I've played (2 hours or so), really addictive. You can pull off so much more aswell with the proper arcade stick, brilliant. It's good online too, beat a few people already and have only been playing it for an hour haha. Come up against a few hadouken spammers online already :Y1, but still it's fun - got to get that 100 online matches trophy eh ;)

God awful music though :LOL: - "Indestructible...."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom