Street Fighter IV

Don't like the fact that Capcom have made the characters look like they are on the juice. they look like steroid drug freaks!

Always the same... I think Capcom needed some changes and I'm glad they planned to modify the look of the game.

I read the game is very, very well animated to go along with the graphical style especially regarding active blocking where you are not forced into a blocking animation until an actual attack is close enough, even then the reports say there are nice little touches and the animations for the same moves vary enough.

I couldn't see any change to the gameplay from the videos. Especially in the Ryu vs Guile fight but it was still nice to see that the old tactics and controlling of the space worked, so the feel looks intact.

Wonder what difference that revenge meter brings to the game and whether it will bring in some kind of ''desperation moves'' to turn the tide.

Very nice new videos on gametrailers. I find it superb. Fights are not very spectacular but the spirit is here.

Last edited:
Why is Dhalsim suddenly a super macho muscle man?

MegaMassBig.jpg

The game is out in a few days and yet no one talks about it!?!?

Just got an email to say that my order has been shipped and should be here by tomorrow :D

Played a few times a few months ago in Hong Kong. Can't wait to get my hands on this!

get yours tomorrow? lucky sod.

proberly get mines wednesday at earliest. if not then friday at very latest

I have it and its just like the Street Fighter of old but in 3D so its pretty pointless

I definitely wont be playing it much

Its one for hardcore Street Fighter fans and i guess the mags are

Back in the day i loved it but games have evolved now and they make games like this very very boring

I'm only still getting it as I have it pre-ordered at a silly low price from Game.

Never been a fan of 2D fighting games, but this looks quality.

My order shipped today from play.com, hopefully it will arrive by Friday. Has anyone played it yet ? What are the general impressions ?

yeah great game although final boss is a right ahole and kinda dont think hes right, also annoys me as he can do nearly anything and dont even think is possible to defeat.

i actually am so annoyed at this guy as hes far to good

Anyone think the game is hard as a rock!?
I have the difficulty on medium and still struggle. Was looking for a challenge to unlock the other characters but at this rate its almost impossible especially when you need to complete the game with pretty much all the characters.

Also agree about the last boss Seth, rather annoying.

The Ps3 pad is not made to pull off dragon punches and fireballs. My thumb has already paid the price.

yeah man i feel your pain
SF4047180-prod.jpg

i'm considering buying an arcade stick as some of the moves doesnt pull off as smoothly as after a while my thumbs kill me

i set my language to japanease thinking yeah see what competition is like

think he got few perfects..

Just installing on HD now.

Very impressive front end so far - looks like lots of stats and unlocks etc...

===

Very cool game - like it a lot :)

I usually struggle with the SF games, but this seems much more forgiving and fun to string combos and supers together.

Looking forward to more later!

Last edited:
does anyone know if its being sold anywhere today?? im in SW London. Finished work early really wanna play it!!

My Dad's just gave me the Hori Fighting Stick EX2 saying he bought it ages ago, never been used and he doesn't think he'll get much for it now.

Just checked eBay and they're selling for around £65!! :SHOCK:

Just spoke to my Dad and he said to sell it and we'll go halves :D

Edit: :LMAO: Put it on a Buy-Now for £65 and it sold 10 mins later! :DANCE:

Last edited by a moderator:
Been playing this so much the last 2 days. Ken is my weapon of choice. Have yet to unlock Akuma so Ken's sticking around.

Can't think of a better beat 'em up. Each character only has like 6 individual moves and so its more about skill and technique. Games like Tekken where there were hundreds of moves for each character, whilst I did enjoy the game, sometimes the winner was the person who knew all the moves.

Its good finding new combos and how to string combos together. Just found out that when doing the focus attack you can dash to quickly get out of it or you can also cancel a signiture move eg. dragon punch by using the focus attack. uses 2 bars of that EX bar but can be vital.

I think its brilliant. Playing local multiplayer for ages and then went straight into online and won all my matches! The transition from local to online is seamless. I have experienced no lag whatsoever. I havent even started on arcade mode yet so I look forward to that and it only cost £21.99 after I traded Far Cry 2 in.

yeah i never witnessed any lag and i was playing people from japan and thailand..

EDIT: people from japan are solid at the game.

Back
Top Bottom