Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Spurs Thread: Defoe is god !

crayon said:
Belated thanks for beating the blues for us :applause: - Thought you were unlucky against United - was Mike Riley reffing? :lol: I'm thinking of changing my avatar to that "new goal line" piccy.... ;)

As for Spurs goalkeepers - Robinson is your best since Clemence. Keller?? :lol:
ha a pool fan poking fun of keller, perhaps pool should have kept Freidel then your goalkeeper siuation wouldn't be so dodgy the last few years.... not sure what the keller bashing is all about, but he has been a quality keep over the last 10 years

Well its all going off today isnt it!!!

Barca look like they are interested in Kanoute, i really hope he doesnt go as he gives us something different - to Keano and Defoe up front. Also appears we are looking to let Pamarot leave (which is a shame as he has been pretty solid at right back since he arrived) and Dean Richards is also looking for a move with Wolves, Celtic and Soton all apparently interested.

As for bringing players in, Jol has again spoken about Andy Reid with a fee as low as £2mill, with a further £2mill based on performances . . .

make of all that what you will, but like i said, i hope we dont let Fredi go as we are looking to build as side now and he gives us some experience and a physical presence up front which i think we missed earlier on in the season.

Yeah seeing Kanoute go would be a real shame. But i take it with a pinch of salt as it involves Spurs. ithey offer 8+ million for him though it would make sence to let him go (thats only if he wants to though. He could stay at Spurs and Become a Legend or go back to the lazy git he was before the Pool game so that makes me look at the offer with intrest.

If anyone is sold in the window though i would make it Parrotman nd bring in Johnson from the Chelski. Cant see it happaning and really why should we sell anyone its not like were looking for cash or in a position were our players cant make Euro Footie or win trophies.

what do you guys think about simon davies....think he should move out to make space for a younger one

younger one, lol, he's only about 24 himself. I think he needs the support of the club to get back to the form before his injuries, he was awesome for us - and Wales - about a year or so ago.

Btw i made a cock up and we are playing Brighton, not Burnley!!! So, COME ON YOU SPURSSSS!!

lol yes he'z 24 but i dont know, doesnt seem like hez on top form or will be anytime soon, anyway

Great win for us against brighton, could anyone post the goals please !!!

Gungrave i can send u the Clip of the incident against manu ...just contact me on msn ...nickster420@hotmail.com

Good to see we beat Brighton as this was an easy game to lose. the lower league teams always Pressure the player with the ball for 90 mins and we dont like it up us. but it could have been worse. Keaneo scored a belter and with the squad we have could get another good cup run goin.

its the chelski rich kids next, whats everyones thoughts?

if we play hard and keep robben or drogba quiet....we may edge a point, or if its anything like manu ...we could win with a wonder goal

if we play hard and keep robben or drogba quiet....we may edge a point, or if its anything like manu we could win with a wonder goal.

With Defoe ready to rock, this should be fun. I hope to see keane and defoe upfront then take off 1 later for big boy kanoute.

That moron better not get his stash near Defoe ....we dont want their shit Kezman !!

West Brom away in the next round then, i think this could be a tricky tie tbh. WB havent really got much to lose in all honesty, but hopefully we can continue our good form.

Well the fact were away means we could get the result. i am more confident away at he mo as we have had a great run of form away. WBA, Jol goes back to his old club with his new one...couldent of wrote it better myself.

I can see us sneakin it 0-1 to be honest then on to the next round.

hhhmmmm.....still gettin a bit to cofident, is it time yet should i still be worried :|

And where have you heard this rumour super mick?

lol now thats the funniest thing ive heard all my life being a spurs fan

super mick mcarthy said:
Most of you will laugh at this but theres a little rumour going round that Owen is on his way to WHL

Yeah and Beckham is linked with us aswell :roll:

Its all bollox that the press try to do so we become more of a joke to world footie. I cant see us affording their wages let alone there price tag.

Overated!!
Overpriced!!

Beckham on a loan deal would be a good idea but not as a purchase.

Rather we continue buying Quality that still has something to prove/win in football than a player who's been there done that. It would be a step back to the Buying experienced past it players that only want us to "show them the Money!".

Fuk Owen though!!

I found this interesting. Have a read if you have time:

"Beckham to join Spurs??!!! defoe18 - 123rd post - 13 Jan 2005 09:42
Just found this on Square Football...they do come out with some funny articles don't they!

---------------------------------

To paraphrase Kevin Keegan if you add two and two together you can get four, or three or five. But I think that there are sufficient pieces available to solve the puzzle of why David Beckham could move to the white half of north London. Bear with me on this one.

1. Spurs need a right sided midfielder. That isn’t to say that Beckham is the only available right sided midfielder – or even the cheapest. But if available his arrival could be the kind of talismanic signing that Klinnsmann or Ardiles/Villa were. He is the kind of signing that Spurs need.

2. David Beckham has Spurs connections. Beckham trained at Spurs before joining up with Manchester United at 16. Beckham may have been born in Leytonstone Hospital but he grew up in Chingford – which is much more of a Tottenham constituency. Admittedly Beckham is unlikely to move back to the area – but he is sure to have fond memories of the area.

3. Beckham is probably available because Real Madrid are likely to replace him. David Beckham’s 2004 has been desperate, and he is hanging on to his place with little more than the force of his personality. He was in the press today suggesting that he was expecting new players to arrive in Madrid, and openly suggesting that he may be replaced. Beckham is probably as close as he has been to date to returning to England.

4. David Beckham needs to come back to England. His time in Madrid has been beset by unsettling tales regarding his marriage, fidelity, attitude, future and even retirement. If Beckham does not come home his career may well be unnecessarily curtailed. Beckham has more than 18 month worth of football left in his legs.

5. Spurs offer a ‘safe’ option for Beckham. Football rivalries being as they are Beckham would have two choices of return. He could try for Chelsea or Arsenal with the probability that he would alienate his Manchester United connections. Given that Beckham has only 3 or 4 seasons left at most this is an unlikely calculation. A challenging side that would be his enemys' enemy would be the best choice if a sentimental return to Old Trafford is ruled out.

It’s ludicrous to suggest that Tottenham would shell out the £10m or so that Madrid would require for a cash purchase of Beckham. But his value as a talisman for a greater future for Spurs may make that worth it. But a loan deal that would enable Beckham to come home, play football and save his marriage – without alienating anyone – sounds like the kind of win-win situation that must merit consideration.

A revitalised and pivotal Beckham, with lots of young legs in midfield to protect him, would revel in the new swashbuckling Spurs style.

Spurs transfer swoops these days are rarely flagged up in advance and this writer claims no inside knowledge. But in this madcap football world if two and two still make four then David Beckham can be a Spurs player later this month."

i duno why ppl write so much shit on the press....crazy shit

I know a guy from sky sports who said the deal for beckham will be done by next wednseday for £9.5m. I don't believe him mind you. Hopefully we will sign sneijder or vdv.

yea great news for our manager ...shocked a little how he says these things bring bad stuff lol.

I really hope we get either of the players, personally i think sneijder is the best pick up along with VdV. Perhaps i'm wrong, what do you guys think?

No shame in losing the Chelski imo. Everyone else is doing it, and also good to see Ledders getting a runout upfront!!! ;)

yea well i just wish the ref's get their fu*king training done or something......bloody rubbish

SWP for £17m according to the Express today. He would be bloody brilliant for us no matter the price, if he would join us.

wow cant wait for this news to hit all the sites...then we're in business :D

Really cant see that happening myself, although it would be awesome if it did. I just think he'll go to one of the very top sides. But we can hope i guess :D

im getting worried on how long its been, already nearing the end of the month and we havent signed any1 :(

We desperately need a right winger. I think we might have to settle for routledge. I have seen him play well, but I am a little concerned he might be another Rohan R.

Back
Top Bottom