SOCOM Confrontation PS3

5/10 from Eurogamer

Remove brand loyalty from the equation and between the existing online pleasures of Warhawk, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Online, GRAW2 and Rainbow Six, with the promise of even more realistic and tactical games such as Operation Flashpoint and ArmA 2 in the near future, it's hard to imagine why any PS3 armchair soldier would want to invest too much time in a game this small, ordinary and generic. When a bundled Bluetooth headset is the most compelling reason to pick up a new SOCOM game, you know something has gone horribly wrong.

Jesus, must just be me then...

I went off Rainbow Six so quickly but I'm still playing this, so... I don't know. Must be like Marmite.

Just bought this from Blockbuster, people on another forum I go on love it so thought I'd give it a go.

Played a few games and it's alright I guess. Very different to other shooters I've played, the maps feel huge and you do get the feeling that you need to sneak around and take your time which is good.

I really don't like not having a button to hold to zoom, instead you have to push up on the d-pad which is just fiddly. I noticed before I turned off that you can change the config around so I'll have a go at that later.

I'll give this a decent go I think, it seems to have a lot of potential once you get into it, should be good playing with people you know as well.

It's a LOT more tactical. The maps are fairly large and someone could be waiting anywhere, nobody really charges around on this game. That's where the headset comes in when you can tell your team where the enemy is.

Pretty good game I think, you need to be quite patient though :)

It's a LOT more tactical. The maps are fairly large and someone could be waiting anywhere, nobody really charges around on this game. That's where the headset comes in when you can tell your team where the enemy is.

Pretty good game I think, you need to be quite patient though :)

Cheers for the info Dags, I'll pick it up this weekend, I'll need a headset too...

Let me know when you get it, we'll get some games going and see if we can get Chris Bauer in as well :)

Back
Top Bottom