using the editor I have changed few stats

* reduced top speed by 30%
* increased the player balance by 5%
* reduced the pass accuracy by 5%
* increased the technique by 10%
* for goal keepers the balance is increased by 15 % and GK skills by 5%

now
- game is slow and with a better response
- scoring more goals is tough as the game is slow , so few attempts but well planned
- AI thinks different ways to break my defence, and plays better.

I'm happy with these settings, you can try this and feel it :)

Last edited:

now
- scoring more goals is tough as the game is slow , so few attempts but well planned

Can you show us what you did to achieve this , Thanks.

What I mean is if its an increase of 15% balance is that equal to 15 points balance increase, please show ...

Last edited:
Can you show us what you did to achieve this , Thanks.

What I mean is if its an increase of 15% balance is that equal to 15 points balance increase, please show ...

suppose the player balance is 70 , then 15 % increase means
70 + (15% of 70) and not 70+15 ,I guess the value is rounded off.

suppose the player balance is 70 , then 15 % increase means
70 + (15% of 70) and not 70+15 ,I guess the value is rounded off.

That would mean 10.5 points...:CONFUSE:

Does that mean you went through every player to find out what their points were ...I dont think so...
How many points...your explanation is very poor.

If you come on the forum and tell us all how you have made the game play better you need to explain excately what you did, otherwise your thread is pointless really..

Last edited:
That would mean 10.5 points...:CONFUSE:

Does that mean you went through every player to find out what their points were ...I dont think so...
How many points...your explanation is very poor.

If you come on the forum and tell us all how you have made the game play better you need to explain excately what you did, otherwise your thread is pointless really..

If you knew how to use the editor you would know that player attribute values can be changed globally.This I believe is what he means.

If you knew how to use the editor you would know that player attribute values can be changed globally.This I believe is what he means.

I do use the editor...:BLINK: , but It would be better if he explained it better so we can try it with confidence. Not just doing it hit & miss.
If you gonna come on here and create a thread about making the game better or anything else you must be prepared to explain, backup or show your findings in detail otherwise what is the point:SHOCK:

Some peeps might not be so confident or know exactely what they are doing ....we were all new to editing at one time or another...;)

now

Good job, I tried your tweaks and they work well but you should try:

- reduce short pass speed by 15%
- reduce long pass speed by 20%

:TU:

I do use the editor...:BLINK: , but It would be better if he explained it better so we can try it with confidence. Not just doing it hit & miss.
If you gonna come on here and create a thread about making the game better or anything else you must be prepared to explain, backup or show your findings in detail otherwise what is the point:SHOCK:

Some peeps might not be so confident or know exactely what they are doing ....we were all new to editing at one time or another...;)

His explanation is not poor. It is just brief. He assumes one knows how to use the editor, and knows what a percentage change is.

These are simple settings that can be changed easily with the editor (and changed back), provided you know how to use it, so I hardly think he needs to write up a multi-page review with videos to explain his findings.

If you don't know, or don't understand, it's not his fault. Stop ragging on him! Search the forums or other websites for guides.

Good work freak08.

His explanation is not poor. It is just brief. He assumes one knows how to use the editor, and knows what a percentage change is.

These are simple settings that can be changed easily with the editor (and changed back), provided you know how to use it, so I hardly think he needs to write up a multi-page review with videos to explain his findings.

If you don't know, or don't understand, it's not his fault. Stop ragging on him! Search the forums or other websites for guides.

Good work freak08.

I did not say he needs to write a multipage review with video ...did I:BLINK:

The frigging editor he is using does not use percentages, so a more simple explaination for others who do not know what point to percentage conversion would be, would be helpful to them.:BRICK:

You have your opinion ...I have mine...but you are having a go at me because I asked him for a better explaination for others(which you call ragging)..well your doing the same thing which makes you a hypocrite m8:R1

You are the one who has made this thread into an argument on your first and only ever post. My posts are relevent to this thread.

Last edited:
I did not say he needs to write a multipage review with video ...did I:BLINK:

The frigging editor he is using does not use percentages, so a more simple explaination for others who do not know what point to percentage conversion would be, would be helpful to them.:BRICK:

You have your opinion ...I have mine...but you are having a go at me because I asked him for a better explaination for others(which you call ragging)..well your doing the same thing which makes you a hypocrite m8:R1

You are the one who has made this thread into an argument on your first and only ever post. My posts are relevent to this thread.

look, using that editor is easy and editing with % is also available.
if you did not understand my explanation, how dare you tell I'm poor at explaining, its you who did not get it.
and again its all hard work and requires time spending on making a editing tool.Instead of supporting and appreciating that, how could you just say its FRIGGING.

look, using that editor is easy and editing with % is also available.
if you did not understand my explanation, how dare you tell I'm poor at explaining, its you who did not get it.
and again its all hard work and requires time spending on making a editing tool.Instead of supporting and appreciating that, how could you just say its FRIGGING.

I did understand, What you said in your thread is totally obvious to most who edit PES and I have been editing for a long time, but I thought that you might make it easier for others who do not understand , but it seems you just wanted praise for your great invention and people to say "well done" and "thankyou so much"

And as for "how dare you"...hahaha dont make me laugh..:LMAO:.. This and other forums are for people to have their own opinion and I thought for newcomers to editing, that your explanation was poor.:R1

Frigging was NOT an insult to the editor...doh , so dont try and turn this around on me , you started the tread and I politely asked you to explain it better, thats it. Now a child like argument has begun because you failed to understand what I was asking you to do.

Now as mature adults I am sure we can put this all behind us and get on with our lives, or you can get off your high horse again and continue to argue about how your pride and integrity has been hurt.

Last edited:
... And what about the gameplay? I did those changes (and the ones suggested by TanMak) and it really improved the gameplay. But I got the feeling that we could improve it even more, altough I don't know how.

I was thinking about reducing the teamwork, as I think it could make the CPU pass slower and not use fisrt touch too much (I'm playing on Superstar, and sometimes there's a pinball effect), but I'm afraid it would also make the CPU dummer.

Well... I think we've got great tools and the opportunity to change the game for better. So let's discuss what really matters. :P

And sorry for the bad English. =/

From what i have seen this works best for Top Player level

Don't play this game on Top Player if you want to play good football. Top player is easy if you use the best/fast teams such as barca, man united etc..

This game feels at times horrible on that level.

Proffesinoal is actually harder, slower and more realistic.

... And what about the gameplay? I did those changes (and the ones suggested by TanMak) and it really improved the gameplay. But I got the feeling that we could improve it even more, altough I don't know how.

I was thinking about reducing the teamwork, as I think it could make the CPU pass slower and not use fisrt touch too much (I'm playing on Superstar, and sometimes there's a pinball effect), but I'm afraid it would also make the CPU dummer.

Well... I think we've got great tools and the opportunity to change the game for better. So let's discuss what really matters. :P

its okay , i better understand your English..
I'm working on 4 more stats, will report you soon.many trial and errors are to be done which takes time.
My main aim is to make the game a simulation at professional difficulty. according to me top player and superstar difficulty is a waste, its unrealistic. So my work is completely for playing at professional level. but you can play at top player also :))

I did understand, What you said in your thread is totally obvious to most who edit PES and I have been editing for a long time, but I thought that you might make it easier for others who do not understand , but it seems you just wanted praise for your great invention and people to say "well done" and "thankyou so much"

And as for "how dare you"...hahaha dont make me laugh..:LMAO:.. This and other forums are for people to have their own opinion and I thought for newcomers to editing, that your explanation was poor.:R1

Frigging was NOT an insult to the editor...doh , so dont try and turn this around on me , you started the tread and I politely asked you to explain it better, thats it. Now a child like argument has begun because you failed to understand what I was asking you to do.

Now as mature adults I am sure we can put this all behind us and get on with our lives, or you can get off your high horse again and continue to argue about how your pride and integrity has been hurt.

I'm sorry for messing around with you. This will not happen again.I should be a MATURE ADULT here after as you are.
it seems you just wanted praise for your great invention and people to say "well done" and "thankyou so much"
I did not expect anything like this and I do not think in this way in any circumstances.

I'm sorry for messing around with you. This will not happen again.I should be a MATURE ADULT here after as you are.

LOL....No worries, its all fun and games...:P
Take a look at the post(below) in editing.

Look at this thread in PES 2010 editing , it has some excellent settings for the Superstar mode. Still needs some more testing but looking very good so far, new settings on page 2:-

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=54737

Last edited:
hmmm, okay
I think that, gergerger had made good attempts for the gameplay. I did not notice that thread earlier,I think his edit is also good let me try that too.

At the moment I'm also busy with some other work for improving next versions of PES (I'm preparing complete list of improvements that are possible for konami to do in a 8 month period). will post as soon as its over so that atleast they see it once ;).

Fantastic, freak08! Now the game look more realistic and hard. Reducing the top speed really makes the difference. Been searching for a way to reduce it even since the game appeared.

Someone needs to find a perfect balanced gameplay soon using those stats.

Last edited:
Freak could you describe or show the image how to set this percentage function in this tool, please?

75214259.png

select the ability, then the operation and the value
If you want to reduce the top speed by 30% then
1) set the top speed ability
2) set -% in the dropdown list
3) enter 30 in the value

and hit change
like wise after all the changes are done, finally do not forget to save it
its done by opening the tab FILE > SAVE
then exit the program and run your game
before all these make a back up of your save folder.

Freak08 You have just saved this game for me. I edited the settings as you suggested with the editor and the games 100% better its went from being crap to fantastic. Thanks

75214259.png

select the ability, then the operation and the value
If you want to reduce the top speed by 30% then
1) set the top speed ability
2) set -% in the dropdown list
3) enter 30 in the value

and hit change
like wise after all the changes are done, finally do not forget to save it
its done by opening the tab FILE > SAVE
then exit the program and run your game
before all these make a back up of your save folder.

Very helpful Freako8, I am sure those who did not quite understand your original thread are very grateful for a more detailed explanation....:SMUG:
Something that did not take much time and could have avoided all that pointless argueing in the first place...:THINK:
I was going to post a screenshot if you had not, but I had faith in you.:P

Thanks.

Short question: Do these tweaks make the A.I. more challenging to beat or do they actually make the A.I. worse?

are the gk balance increased by 5% and then 15%? or is it just 15% ? cuz there will be a difference btween the two..

Has everybody calmed down yet?

I'm also looking to globally edit the stats with the hope of getting the game to play much more like PES6.

I think it can be done and will post my findings in a bit!

Back
Top Bottom