Sleeping Problems

D

DagsJT

I've always had problems sleeping where I wake up at least five times a night, but lately it's got worse and I don't think it's all due to the weather.

I'm finding that if I play a game before I go to sleep, then I wake up having dreamt about that game constantly, the same with watching a TV show or a movie.

Any ideas on what I can do to make my brain switch off and not still be thinking about what I did before I went to sleep?

Try to relax on time no tv or gaming for an hour before going to bed and focus on something you look forward to in the future.

If that doesn't help, try exercising...

Yeah really you need to "switch" off an hour or more before going to sleep. Have the same problem as you that I wake up 5 times a night, even more now the weather is so warm. And even more annoying I wake up at 4am rested and feeling great, so getting back to sleep and getting up 3hours later is a pain in the @rse.

If that doesn't help, try exercising...

Is that what you call it?

Yeah really you need to "switch" off an hour or more before going to sleep. Have the same problem as you that I wake up 5 times a night, even more now the weather is so warm. And even more annoying I wake up at 4am rested and feeling great, so getting back to sleep and getting up 3hours later is a pain in the @rse.

Is that what you call it?

What is it that you do in the last hour before sleep? Read a book or something?

FreMM, I exercise already so that won't help :( I usually run three times a week but can't at the moment due to straining my achilles so I'm resting :(

I took Nytol a few weeks ago to fight jet lag and it worked. Its got natural ingredients and it just makes you very tired... and makes you sleep like a baby. I took it once and my whole sleeping pattern was fixed. You're not meant to take it for more than 3 days... but I think it worked.

Don't exercise for at least 4 hours before you hit the hay, read rather than watch TV or gaming, tugging works but you have to be ready to kip straight away...

Make sure you have plenty of fresh air in your room, try raising the top of your bed six inches. And try a change of mattress if all else fails...

Don't exercise for at least 4 hours before you hit the hay
That's really weird because I read the opposite and I've started jogging before I go to bed because it knocks me out (I was going to start a thread about it actually to ask for tips and how much I should be doing). It's also supposed to help burn a few more calories as well, which is handy for me...

Like you Dags I've had trouble sleeping for a long time but over the past few weeks I've tried a few things, and now I find I'm sleeping *too* well and I don't want to get up in the morning! All I've done is A) gone jogging for 15-30 minutes followed by a shower before bed, and B) invested in some blackout curtain linings on eBay for something like £20.

Don't know if that will be helpful to you, especially the latter, but I always find that when the sun comes up around 5am in the morning I wake up - and then get a stonking, stonking headache if I go back to sleep.

Yeah exercise is really bad, i used to workout before going to bed to actually go for a deeper sleep but it did the opposite. I think it's all about setting your brain timer to certain hours to go to sleep and wake up.

It's the same with eating before you go to bed. Your body will still be digesting as you sleep, and therefore you don't fully rest.

Exercise is supposed to energise you. So if anything you should be waking up too early.

@ Dags, It takes me ages to fall asleep aswell so I have atleast an hour of daydreaming before I get to sleep anyway. Reading doesn't really help as if its a good book I can stay awake and if it's boring I'll stop reading it. Ive found, since working fulltime and no uni stress, that a regular routine really helps.

I think, try to stay awake, or at the very least don't try to fall asleep. If you try too much to sleep, you won't.

I've found it......

I was going to bed too early. Last time this thread was up, I would normally try and go to sleep about 10:00/10:30. Now though I have to force myself to stay awake (by watching good series) till about 11:30 / midnight and that allows me to sleep till about 7 am with very few wake-ups during the night.

Drinking, or a hot bath, or drinking in a hot bath, preferably drinking, and some hot broad, grinding on my 10 inch rod, but that's imaginary, my rod isn't ten inches, and that girl isn't there

one of my english teachers claims that she and her mother need very little sleep. 3-4 hours is all. She told us that she goes to sleep around 12-1 am and wakes up just after 3 am. Her mom does the house work at 2 am :O

As for me I usually go to sleep around 1am. Wake up at 10... I dont like that though. I want to start waking up earlier (7:30-8:00) to have a longer day... but every time I set the alarm to 8 I end up turning it off knowing school is over and I wake up after 10 :/

Back
Top Bottom