Singularity

D

DagsJT

After 10 mins I can tell you this much. It's Bioshock ... in a Russian setting.

If you liked Bioshock's atmosphere and weapons, you'll like this. Even down to the audio recordings you find, the voice comms giving you advice on where to go, the "powers" and upgrades... how the Bioshock team haven't sued Activision I don't know :LOL:

I'm guessing they won't sue because they won't make any money and no one will care enough about the game :LOL:

Last edited:
Well the game isn't out until Friday and I don't think there's any reviews yet, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it got pretty good scores.

I thought it was out already, it's been 'out' out for almost a week. In which case I've rephrased the OP.

I don't see any basis for it getting a great score. It seems to me to be another linear shelf filler FPS game existing on the back of the success of other games such as Bioshock. I can't see it having much replayability or offering anything new to a games market already flooded with FPS titles. I have a feeling it'll be in the bargain bin by the end of the summer.

Last edited:
Hmm, very odd. You should give it a try tho.

Someone elses mini-review:

almost old-school fps with a bit of half life/bioshock vibe
features:
- the weapons are pretty basic (exceptions being the rocket launcher, grenade launcher and the "seeker", which let you steer the projectiles)
- time mechanics are well done, you can age and objects and enemies at the press of a button (which boils down to an insta-kill for the small ones and slows down others) and also restore crates, bridges, stairs etc which makes for a few nice little puzzles (and also massive sequences when you "resurrect" a 50-year old destroyed bridge or freighter, for example)
- your time device also doubles as a more or less carbon copy of HL2's gravity gun
- upgrade system works kinda like bioshock

the story isn't epic, but it does its job and sets this game a bit apart from all the other "kill big bad guy and everything that stands between you and him" games. you basically spend the rest of the game fixing a honest mistake you made at the beginning

shooter mechanics work really well. it's raven, after all - they know their stuff.
enemies are diverse enough, requiring different tactics. the AI does its job, but more or less every battle is linear and scripted anyway.
no health regeneration! good old medipack system
gfx: good enough
sound: nothing to write home about, but not bad either

bottom line: not really a GOTY candidate, but it's a damn good rock solid FPS with a few nice touches

Well..this is odd. Swedish gaming magazine Gamereactor gives it 9/10 and says "to create a 100% original and well written gameworld these days it not easy. Most is already done. What Raven has created with Singularity doesn't compare to anything I have ever tried before and that goes for both the design and gameplay".

That doesn't quite go along with what you've written above. Now I don't know what to belive.:CONFUSE:

I saw a bit on dutch tv show Gamekings, they said it looked good and the time element is a good aspect to make it a bit different but other then that is was a solid shooter.

I remember winning a game on an mtv show years ago for the ps1. Sent in an email about something or other. Never recieved the bloody game though! Stopped watching MTV after that. :(

Forgot all about this game, will give it a search to see if it's gone bargin bin.

Back
Top Bottom