1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Singularity

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by DagsJT, 21 June 2010.

1. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    After 10 mins I can tell you this much. It's Bioshock ... in a Russian setting.

If you liked Bioshock's atmosphere and weapons, you'll like this. Even down to the audio recordings you find, the voice comms giving you advice on where to go, the "powers" and upgrades... how the Bioshock team haven't sued Activision I don't know :LOL:

2. mjsmith2k

mjsmith2k Come on you Reds!

5 November 2005
    Nottingham
    Forest, Bulls, Patriots
    I'm guessing they won't sue because they won't make any money and no one will care enough about the game :LOL:

Last edited: 21 June 2010
  3. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Well the game isn't out until Friday and I don't think there's any reviews yet, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it got pretty good scores.

4. mjsmith2k

5 November 2005
    Nottingham
    Forest, Bulls, Patriots
    I thought it was out already, it's been 'out' out for almost a week. In which case I've rephrased the OP.

I don't see any basis for it getting a great score. It seems to me to be another linear shelf filler FPS game existing on the back of the success of other games such as Bioshock. I can't see it having much replayability or offering anything new to a games market already flooded with FPS titles. I have a feeling it'll be in the bargain bin by the end of the summer.

Last edited: 21 June 2010
  5. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Nope, it was yesterday?

6. mjsmith2k

5 November 2005
    Nottingham
    Forest, Bulls, Patriots
    Nope, started downloading it last Tuesday, but gave up on it once I'd seen a few vids on Youtube ;).

7. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Hmm, very odd. You should give it a try tho.

8. vondave

vondave Stretford End

9 August 2005
    Indeed, the games ok. Bioshock meets metro 2033

9. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Bioetro shmock 3320.

10. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    I would buy that!

11. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Someone elses mini-review:

12. Dusse

Dusse Banned

23 January 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hammarby
    Well..this is odd. Swedish gaming magazine Gamereactor gives it 9/10 and says "to create a 100% original and well written gameworld these days it not easy. Most is already done. What Raven has created with Singularity doesn't compare to anything I have ever tried before and that goes for both the design and gameplay".

That doesn't quite go along with what you've written above. Now I don't know what to belive.:CONFUSE:

13. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    I saw a bit on dutch tv show Gamekings, they said it looked good and the time element is a good aspect to make it a bit different but other then that is was a solid shooter.

14. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
  15. vondave

vondave Stretford End

9 August 2005
    The more I play this the better it gets. Recommended

16. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Started and finished this last week, really enjoyed it.

17. vondave

vondave Stretford End

9 August 2005
    Finished it about 10 minutes ago.

The definition of an 8 out of 10 game. I enjoyed it

18. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    I just won this on the eu playstation site competitions. Got it this morning in the post.

19. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    I remember winning a game on an mtv show years ago for the ps1. Sent in an email about something or other. Never recieved the bloody game though! Stopped watching MTV after that. :(

Forgot all about this game, will give it a search to see if it's gone bargin bin.