Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2013/14 Season

milan is her piece of the cake and she thinks the time has come for her to claim what's been promised to her by her father.

In the end, that is how all sugar daddy's will end up sooner or later.
Something similar will happen with Chelsea, Man Utd, PSG, Man City, Monaco,...

Milan were the first sugar daddy club, so it is very interesting to see what happens there...

I'm not sure, I think the Napoli could be as much of a contender as Juventus in Europe, maybe even more so. Admittedly they will probably go out tonight, but they have a much harder group then Juventus (Dortmund, Arsenal, Marseilles compared with Real, Gala and Copenhagen) and irrespective of tonight Napoli will finish with more points than Juventus - they could end up going out with 12 points, which almost every other year would be enough to get through.

yeah I somewhat agree with you (as usual) but let's not forget that in the game between the two this season juve had a clear 3-0 win.

I'm not sure, I think the Napoli could be as much of a contender as Juventus in Europe, maybe even more so.
there's no doubt napoli honored the competition much better than juve did (and even moreso if u take into account their respective groups).....

...but when i said "juve is probably the only italian club which can play a big role in europe", by "playing a big role" i meant "aiming for the final".
such ambition would be unrealistic for napoli. i'm not saying it would be impossible of course, but napoli playing a CL final would certainly be regarded as an amazing overachievement and a huge surprise. napoli is a good team, but not a top team.
juventus instead is a top team... by any measure; they have the money, the habit of winning, and most importantly, the squad of a top team. a team with juventus midfield and defense can face any top team on earth with an absolutely reasonable chance to win.

bottom line, what i meant to say is juventus is right now the only italian realistic contender for the big ears cup

Why not? :) Napoli had the chance to replicate Borussia Dortmund's underdoog road to final, they both have a good squad with some first class players (Reus vs Hamsik, Lewa vs Higuain, Sahin vs Inler, Gotze vs Insigne, etc.), CL is often a wheel of fortune so never say never ;) An underdog like Atletico Madrid in my opinion can reach semifinals with a lucky draw.
Napoli's problem is their terrible defence, they need a world class defender to make a solid couple with the acceptable Albiol. Fernandez and Britos are good reserves (despite Fede is a starter in Argentina and only he knows why) but not ambitious team material, with Cannavaro finally on the way out I hope they will buy an important defender (now real question is: who?).
There is also a rumor Mascherano wants to play under his old coach but I doubt Barcelona will left him. Mascherano & Inler sounds like a great couple for midfield but I see it almost impossible (cash aparts :COOL:).

About Juventus, mark my words: they will win Europa League (same road as Chelsea 2013 + never won a european cup in last decade + finale in Turin = great reason to win the cup).

Last edited:

Why not? :) Napoli had the chance to replicate Borussia Dortmund's underdoog road to final, they both have a good squad with some first class players (Reus vs Hamsik, Lewa vs Higuain, Sahin vs Inler, Gotze vs Insigne, etc.)...

of course it could happen, but it would be an unexpected surprise. i didn't mean to say napoli have no chance in CL. i meant to say they're not as realistic a finalist as juventus (although they have performed better than the bianconeri).
also i wouldn't put borussia and napoli on the same level. yes they both have great players but borussia has a better team (in football the quality of a team isn't scientifically related to the quality of the individuals. often a bunch of great player make a mediocre team, while sometimes some very good player make an amazing team).
i don't think there's a huge gap between napoli and borussia, but i do believe borussia are already a top team, whereas napoli are an aspiring top team right now.

Hi Ben, i have a question about two Belgian players in Serie A.

What do you think about Nainggolan's transfer to Roma. In Belgian he is a player that is not known very well. He played a couple of times for our national team (as a substitute) but he never was very good.

And how is Dries Mertens doing. My wife uses Dries Mertens as an example for our football playing son. Our son Thomas has a hard time for the moment. He is coming back from a rather serious injury (a dislocated knee cap) and he is very litle for his age. Week in week out he has to play against Giants (he plays against teams with players one year older and he is a CF or a winger and so has to play against the biggest players of the opponents' team). He is very talented and plays for the national selection of his age, but he is having a dreadfull time against those older players, yet is coach doesn't want to let him play against players from the same age. My wife uses Mertens as an example. Mertens was also a player who was physically much younger than his age, and was refused in a couple of big clubs, yet in the end he did well in Holland for both Utrecht and PSV. Napoli bought him, but he rarely played in his first months for Napoli. Wy wife gave Thomas an interview with Mertens during that period. He said he wasn't worried, because he is used to be confronted with prejudices because of his height and he is used to fight for his place in the team. It seems that Mertens has become a regular and that he is doing rather well for Napoli at the moment. Nevertheless, how is he perceived in Italy ?

All I can say is, I love Radja and am sad the deal with Milan didn't go through. He seems to be loved by Cagliari fans, and is regularly interacting with fans on Twitter. From what I've seen, he's a 'do it all' midfielder that can attack and defend, and has great physical attributes.

I think he'll be a rock in Roma's midfield and will allow Pjanic to be more free.

Gerd, I can assure there isn't any prejudices against Mertens because phisically he's a copy of fans-idol Insigne :P I can confirm he's having a good season, by now he share the left wing spot with Insigne, also because Callejon is having a great season and Hamsik is untouchable, by the way he played almost all games, despite half of them are coming from the bench.
Benitez considers him a lot and thanks to him he can rotate his players every week, something that Napoli didn't do in last season when the alternative was (with due respects) El Kaddouri. Dries understood it and he never complained about it, he's a good and intelligent guy.

A. Kid who became a man and by the end of this match a hereo. I was asking myself what happen to Milan too. Now, I know :LOL: playing taps( background)

Clarence Seedorf, with Tassotti as Assistant Manager. Seedorf set to bring Stam, Davids and Crespo for the start of 2014/15 season as his coaching team.

I for one, think Seedorf will do well - he has the right mind to be a great coach. The fact that he's gone straight to some great players to be part of his team says a lot for me. He wants his team to set an example to the younger players - especially if Milan has brats like El Sharawy, Balotelli, De Sciglio, Cristante - having the experienced players to look down on them will be great.

Last edited:

That's actually great news! I hope all goes well and wish him a lot of success with the club; because, quite frankly it's awful to see Milan playing so poorly and doing even worst on a sporting level.

Clarence Seedorf, with Tassotti as Assistant Manager. Seedorf set to bring Stam, Davids and Crespo for the start of 2014/15 season as his coaching team.

I for one, think Seedorf will do well - he has the right mind to be a great coach. The fact that he's gone straight to some great players to be part of his team says a lot for me. He wants his team to set an example to the younger players - especially if Milan has brats like El Sharawy, Balotelli, De Sciglio, Cristante - having the experienced players to look down on them will be great.
Waiting for the Stam vs Balotelli fight.

tumblr_inline_mrwhqtavEn1qz4rgp.gif

That video is a cult, everytime I think about Stam I also think about that :LOL:

Being serious, I still can't believe Seedorf is retiring from football. Until some weeks ago he was leading Botafogo to Copa Libertadores qualification after almost 20 years, he can still be one of the stars of both Brasileirao and Libertadores and it will be a pity for South American football to see him leaving.

Football in Italy is dirty, it's 90% politics. Anyone that saw Napoli-Roma (3-0) will understand why Roma-Parma was cancelled. The derby was coming, Roma had players that would have skipped the derby if yellow carded and Roma can't hold a game every 3 days. The difference between Juve and the rest of the Serie A. If not the for the passion and love for your club, it would be best to stop watching it. I watch it not because it's a good competition (far from it) but because I will never abandon my team. Unfortunately, nowadays, I find football matches to be exceptionally boring when the end result doesn't affect me, the reason why I only watch the Serie A, European Competitions and big games (Real-Barca, etc.)

Keita Balde Diao, remember the name! ;)

Pretty nice indeed.
Though I hate his big baby attitude.. Other people have real reasons to cry, not a guy who earns in a year what most people earn in 5 lifetimes...

There's more to life than money.

In my very amateurish view, the lad has mental issues relating to rejection.

If Milan play like they did yesterday they're going to get battered by Atlético.

Has anyone seen Diamante's brace for his debut in China? Such a shame that he never really had a chance at a club that played in European competition. This guy has so much to offer and looks like one of those Italian players that gets better with age. Hope he still gets a chance for the WC.

Well Prandelli said that he's still in contention like always, even if he's playing in China.

One question for my italian friends:
Why did Genoa loan Sampirisi?
I get the Santana's loan but Sampirisi?...

Back
Top Bottom