Rodelero's PES 2012 Playtest Impressions

They made a half step towards this in 2011 with the defending side which worked really well in the demo, I enjoyed squaring up to attackers backing off and timing the tackle, cant say I ever used it in the full game though :(.

You couldn't have used it anyway. Konami listened to the "fans" that found it too different/difficult. It was removed from the final game.

okay, i got a quick question...i've seen on leaked sets of wilshere and lampard that the Agility and Shot Technique stats were missing, IMO thats a huge loss if removed.

also can you post some of the new sets so we can get a nice insight because of the editing community?

I'll try to answer some of the questions (sorry to those I've missed - I'll try to get to them all)

do all the hard shots still have backspin or are there proper knuckle, side spin, top spin and no spin shots?

i know you can do "knuckle" shots in pes 2011 but they need to be done manually which doesn't make any sense.

There is certainly more variety, not sure with knuckle shots, didn't notice one, but I did see a few dipping with topspin, some which didn't curve, some which did.

A few direct question to Romagnoli or Rodelero or both! :)

1) load formation screen: When you want to load a formation saved, this screen, fill the whole screen? or just the half? In PES 2011 blocked the other player.....

Ugh, I'm afraid I didn't try this out.

2) Shooting: is shooting very assisted like PES 2011 or is more depending on "human" skill? Of course the player stats will influence.

It's still very assisted, though you seem to have a lot more ability to power it yourself now. Aim still feels mostly up to the player.

3) Chip shot (square + L1): again...is to assisted and defficient like PES 2011?

I didn't use it much, I did see a fantastic goal by Rom through the chipping, but I think he said it wasn't too dissimilar to last time.

4) Auto clearance and auto-shooting: does the CPU clear the ball, shoots/heads automatically?

This is something you can set in some of the options. Passing, shooting, clearing, and slide tackling all have settings you can dictate.

5)Assisted passes 0 to 4: Asissted passes 0-4 are applied to:
a) Only passes with X?
b) Or passes with X, O and triangle?

Pretty sure it was b, though, as I said I was finding 0 pretty weird.

6) Sliding tackle to avoid ball going out the field: Can you make sliding tackle to try to save the ball from going out the field? in PES 2011 only you can try to save a goal ball.

Didn't see any cases of this I'm afraid, I don't think.

7) Control selection check: Is control selection check disabled?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, sorry, could you elaborate?

8) Penalties: The goalkeeper, can save the chip shot in all directions?

Honestly don't know. You might be better off quizzing Adam from WENB, as he still has the game on a couple of these.

@Rodelero

Late thanks for the preview :SMUG:

In PES 2011, when we pass a through ball (ground and lofted), long ball, our recipient automatically run/sprints to the ball in a too stiff rail. In a sense that, we can't control him unless the ball is at his feet, the ball is at opponent's feet, use super cancel.

So, to what extent the freedom of controlling recipient player expands in this regard ? Thx

I didn't sense that this had changed much personally, though I think super-cancel is a little better.

First off: thank you for the nice work! :thumpsup:
Please allow me one important question:
do i can change the camera-angle when facing the goal in widecam?
In PES 2011 there was no option to change them and i had to use the "camera changer" tool to get rid of them.

I don't think there was any camera customisation from what I could see, which is odd.

Is there still a manual modifier? You said that 0 pass assistance felt different to manual but I am not sure if you meant that manual is still there or its different to manual different to 2011.

The manual modifier is still there.

Superb write up. Cant wait for the game now.

One question that I hope that can be answered:

Is there a regular, non tilting/broadcast style Wide Cam (like the PS2 days) present in the game this year? I seem to remember hearing about it during the initial announcement and I think it was being shown behind Seabass in the very first video.

Thanks. :)

That sounds quite like the Pitch Side camera to me, so yes.

NIce write up, mate. This most likely is the best preview so far. Very detailed and overall very positive, but it does not ignore what still needs fixing or tweaking.

My main concerns are still on the fatigue and staminia system. I know that the huge improvements on dribling, responsiveness controls and Ai teammates all together will make much easier to deal with pressure whores (at least that's what i hope so), but that doesn't mean that a proper fatigue/staminia are not needed.

I've read this preview last night (Brazil's clock time), i'm a bit lazzy to read it again so i'd like to ask you something: how are the refs and tackling system ? Considering that the 360 dribbling and collision physics are much improved, do the refs now call more fouls now ? Are they something like the pes 2011 demo ?

It's a lot more like the PES 2011 demo so far - a lot more fouls happen and the referees are on top of them pretty well. Clumsy use of pressing and tackle cause quite a lot of fouls. I really like how this is currently.

Thanks for the compliments everyone - and I'll try to get to the rest of the questions at some point.

A question that just came to me (Haven't played 11' in a while) is it still possible to absolutely DOMINATE possession against the AI. I remember feeling let down when being any decent team against Barcelona and me having nearly 60% all the time. When facing Barcelona you want the need to not try and "play" against them because you'll get destroyed in such a face off.

Excelent Rodelero! Thanks very much! Answered all my question! and about question...
I'm talking about when you play a cup with friends, in PES 2011 you can't use the CPU's team, is only availabled via kitserver (unofficial). In other words "free side selection". Do you understand Rodelero?

Thanks again!
Regards!

Thx Rod for answering, btw about fouls & stuff

It's a lot more like the PES 2011 demo so far - a lot more fouls happen and the referees are on top of them pretty well. Clumsy use of pressing and tackle cause quite a lot of fouls. I really like how this is currently.

Yeah, i hope it stays that way and no playtesters make any complain in order to get away much easier for dispossessing someone, i.e not reporting incorrect feedback :P

Thanks rod. I'm very happy to hear that. Let's just hope that Konami don't make the same mistake from last year.

Excelent Rodelero! Thanks very much! Answered all my question! and about question...
I'm talking about when you play a cup with friends, in PES 2011 you can't use the CPU's team, is only availabled via kitserver (unofficial). In other words "free side selection". Do you understand Rodelero?

Thanks again!
Regards!

Now I understand but I'm afraid I don't know! Sorry.

Hi Rod ! I just want to know about close control ! How is it ? R2 is back ?? Backdrag is back on R2 ? Is fake shot return ?
10x :)

Last edited:
Hey Rod I have a question about the free kicks.When you said "this means that you have opportunities to hit the ball into the far corner as well as the near corner" , does that mean we can score free kicks from the keeper's side ?
My english is bad so I'm not sure you'll get what I mean.
Anyway, great review.

Hi Rod ! I just want to know about close control ! How is it ? R2 is back ?? Backdrag is back on R2 ? Is fake shot return ?
10x :)

Fake shot is 'back', as it were, yes, and it feels/looks great. The reactions of defenders and goalkeepers to it, is absolutely awesome too. Someone (maybe CPU) rounded my keeper, and as opposed to my keeper running after them, he actually anticipated a shot and went to ground. Dragback, I'm pretty sure is on R2, certainly I saw some dragbacks. R2 generally is different this year slightly though because it faces you up to your opponent rather than just putting you into a slower dribble.

kouroux said:
Hey Rod I have a question about the free kicks.When you said "this means that you have opportunities to hit the ball into the far corner as well as the near corner" , does that mean we can score free kicks from the keeper's side ?
My english is bad so I'm not sure you'll get what I mean.
Anyway, great review.

You're English seems fine to me - that's what I mean yes. The keepers positioning on the line is more varied now, and this means you have the opportunity to score on the keepers side, sometimes.

Thanks again!
Regards!

I dont find any problem with this in PES2011.

Hmm this is what adam just says :

No....i don't believe it....Jon, wrote last year that control selection check would be there...very dissapointed....Look for yourself...

captura2crk.jpg

captura3g.jpg

Thanks for responding!

Fake shot is 'back', as it were, yes, and it feels/looks great. The reactions of defenders and goalkeepers to it, is absolutely awesome too. Someone (maybe CPU) rounded my keeper, and as opposed to my keeper running after them, he actually anticipated a shot and went to ground. Dragback, I'm pretty sure is on R2, certainly I saw some dragbacks. R2 generally is different this year slightly though because it faces you up to your opponent rather than just putting you into a slower dribble.

OMG that is great! Thx :WORSHIP:

No....i don't believe it....Jon, wrote last year that control selection check would be there...very dissapointed....Look for yourself...

Thanks for responding!

Oh i see mate, thx.

May be you want to ask Nicolas' twitter ( @PESblog_be ) to confirm if this is implemented in preview code. Fyi, this guy is previewing the PC version for PESblog.be and he says still has the code with him. I dunno if he is EW member though but he says he is open to Q&A :))

You're English seems fine to me - that's what I mean yes. The keepers positioning on the line is more varied now, and this means you have the opportunity to score on the keepers side, sometimes.

Thank you for the answer.It is something I've been waiting for a long time as in real life a split second of bad anticipation by keepers can allow players to score FKs from their side.
About time this possibility is given to us.

Oh i see mate, thx.

May be you want to ask Nicolas' twitter ( @PESblog_be ) to confirm if this is implemented in preview code. Fyi, this guy is previewing the PC version for PESblog.be and he says still has the code with him. I dunno if he is EW member though but he says he is open to Q&A :))

Thanks to you! Excelent data! I will find out..Then i will tell you what happened...

Hello Rodelero, very well explained everything in first post and it was a great read. Can you tell me more about new stats, especially about new Explosive Play stat, and new Long Range Drive ability? I read that Long Range Drive card enables some amazing dipping shots, so I am interested about it, have you played with a player who has it? If you did please reply. :)

Just want to clear something up, not sure if Rod just saw dragbacks or did them, but certainly when I did them I used L2 and back on the right stick.

I'm walking home after playing footy but I'm a fair way through my write up. Might post it a bit at a time to keep you going :)

Last edited:
A question that just came to me (Haven't played 11' in a while) is it still possible to absolutely DOMINATE possession against the AI. I remember feeling let down when being any decent team against Barcelona and me having nearly 60% all the time. When facing Barcelona you want the need to not try and "play" against them because you'll get destroyed in such a face off.

(Incase you missed it) ;))

captura2crk.jpg

captura3g.jpg

Thanks for responding!

Very disappointed as well. Such a simple thing.

Now I understand but I'm afraid I don't know! Sorry.

Thanks again!
Regards!

I dont find any problem with this in PES2011.

Are you kidding me?... This was a huge problem with Pes2011. Friends can't take control of cpu opponents in offline cups/leagues.

Massive problem.

Imo you guys should indeed stress about it to @JonMurphy_PES and @steve_merret on Twitter. Make it clear how important it is to you and how badly you need it in. It doesn't matter much to me but Jon did promise it to be in this year, and he didn't deliver...

Back
Top Bottom