Robert Enke is dead (24.08.1977 - 10.11.2009)

Actually, he had a daughter who died at age 2 in 2006. This year, he and his wife adopted a little baby girl in May :(

good Lord! can it get any worse than that?! :(
i can't even imagine how his wife will feel right now

:( Only him could possible know what made him decide to put an end to his life this way... The ones who are in huge pain right now are his family, deep condolences to them. Rest in peace...

RIP Robert Enke

robert-enke-hannover-96-fc-barcelona-dfb-12_400x230.jpg

robert-enke-hannover-96-fc-barcelona-dfb-2_400x230.jpg

robert-enke-hannover-96-fc-barcelona-dfb-8_400x230.jpg

This is not real.:(

R.I.P :( cant belive he would do such a thing

he was a great keeper for Hannover and Germany

Robert you will be missed :(

Rest in peace. I remember him playing for Barcelona. He was a good goalie with a gentle attitude. But seems he had a history with depression and never got over the loss of his daughter. Very very sad.

My goodness. He was such a friendly, gentle and intelligent person and thus an extraordinary exception amidst so many other footballers who often are not able to put three words in correct order. I was feeling so deeply sorry when Enke lost his little daughter three years ago and was always impressed when I saw him on the pitch, assuming he was somehow able to handle the loss and to carry on with his life. He obviously wasn't.
You will be missed Robert.

Benfica fans won't forget you Robert!

He seemed to be a truely nice guy..and a very professional one. When he arrived at Benfica he said he HAD to learn portuguese in 3 months. And he did!

The loss of a child is so enormous...how sad.
Like Ben said: let's hope he found peace where ever he is.
For what's it worth: all my support goes to his wife.

It's on the dice that his life and especially the last weeks, month and the dead of his child weren´t very easy for him but to make suicide is - I´m sorry, Robert - an irresponsible act for his wive, family and also the train driver (they all maybe must live with a trauma). Even if life is so hard to somebody for me the responsibility about the family and the friends and also a train driver stands above the decision to make suicide. At the world there are always people who´s life is more bad than our life and the live on.

My emotions are more at his family. I hope they are strong enough for that.

Anyway R.I.P R. Enke and see your child in the sky.

Last edited:
Yeah but when you contemplate commiting suicide, you're clearly at a point where your self-esteem, self-worth, self-confidence is absolutely zilch.

You tend to think you're doing everybody a favour and that they'll be better off without you, so at the time I doubt he considered what he was doing was selfish, or the grief he'll have caused.

Either way, it's a tragic thing to happen, and a horrible waste of life, so rest in piece is all anyone should really be saying right now.

Half an hour ago Enke's widow said that he suffered from severe depression since 2003 already and that he was in constant therapy which obviously did not have much positive effect on him. He left a suicide note at home where he apologized to his family and his doctors for lying to them about his situation (he told his doctor just yesterday he was feeling a lot better). As his wife said, he was afraid of losing his adopted daughter if the public had known about his depression. This just shows how much an irrational thing suicide is... he surely knew that all of this would be made public after he'd kill himself.
Oh Robert, it's so sad :(

unfortunatley this wasnt a lucid decision like you or I could make, when one suffers from suicidal thoughts there feelings are not rational to you or me, but to them it seems quite rational. Depression is a horrible disease, and hopefully one day there will be a cure. Does anyone know if this depression was before his daughters death?

i have never seen oliver bierhoff crying... since today at the pressconference.

i am totally shocked... enkes wife is so strong... she lost her husband a few hours ago and makes an pressconference to ask questions.

the friendlymatch against chile on saturday is cancelled. next match is on wednensday next week, in HANNOVER.

Back
Top Bottom