PS2 Network Adapter Availablity

DubNoBass

Non-League
9 May 2002
Hi guys,

Do any of you know where I may be able to lay my hands on one of these? As yet all my attempts to locate one (through shops & online) have, as yet, proved fruitless. Apparently there is a real shortgage from Sonys end and there is no confirmed date of arrival.

One other question that has been probably answered a million times before (but thought I would ask seeing how I'm here) - Does having a modded PS2 (Messiah) prohibit you from going online even with an original game?

Muchos Gracias

DubNoBass said:
One other question that has been probably answered a million times before (but thought I would ask seeing how I'm here) - Does having a modded PS2 (Messiah) prohibit you from going online even with an original game? Muchos Gracias
Yes and no. If you can disable the modchip, then you can go online. For example, I have the DMS 4 professional chip (in my opinion by far the best modchip ever for the PS2). I press :l1: while booting and the Modchip is disabled. Then I can play online. Of course you need the original game then. No idea if that works with other mod chips also.

Greetz

DubNoBass said:
Hi guys,

Do any of you know where I may be able to lay my hands on one of these? As yet all my attempts to locate one (through shops & online) have, as yet, proved fruitless. Apparently there is a real shortgage from Sonys end and there is no confirmed date of arrival.

One other question that has been probably answered a million times before (but thought I would ask seeing how I'm here) - Does having a modded PS2 (Messiah) prohibit you from going online even with an original game?

Muchos Gracias

Go here mate:

Network Adapter - £25 approx

if you want one off the high street, the only place i could find any decent stock of them was PCworld, that was in manchester, my brother also picked one up in PCworld in stockport, still £25 though
i picked up a 2ndhand one from a console shop for a tenner, might be worth a trip to your local privatly owned console shop

mikemcenroe > WTF IS THAT IN YOUR AVARTAR?? MAKES ME WANNA PUKE...

try the Gameplay website - selling them for under 20. Will broadband basic be ok for online gaming - i've got a 106 modem from bt but will i need to get a new one if i want to play Evo 5 online? Any help will be appreciated.

so i have to buy a slimline just to go online? sony sort it out.

beatswiss said:
Yes and no. If you can disable the modchip, then you can go online. For example, I have the DMS 4 professional chip (in my opinion by far the best modchip ever for the PS2). I press :l1: while booting and the Modchip is disabled. Then I can play online. Of course you need the original game then. No idea if that works with other mod chips also.

Greetz

do you know if i can play online using swap magic, or do i have to break and buy pes5? :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom