ScannedImage-11.jpg

ScannedImage-12.jpg

ScannedImage-14.jpg

ScannedImage-16.jpg

ScannedImage-17.jpg

ScannedImage-15.jpg
ScannedImage-18.jpg

Last edited:
Heard a lot of good things about this, looking forward to it. Nice one for the pictures embrace! :)

For a game being released in 2.5 weeks, everything seems to be quiet

Not buying unless I get my hands on it 1st

Yup I got it today after trading in some crap. Basically imagine the spiderman games mixed with that incredible hulk game where you smashed stuff up over and over (i never played it but i know of it) and you're 99% of the way there.

There's a story in there about you waking up in a morgue and having these powers and then you go about finding revenge on who did it to you and all the other typical stuff.

It's alright... a little frantic at times too. There's a feel of dead rising in here too as the infected come at you an their masses and you whip out your powers and smash through them. But it's nothing special, it's just an alright game.

I'm taking this back today. Piss poor controls and it's just a mess. It's such a mess that even trying to explain it all would be messy.

The main problem is things happen too fast too often and too many times. so while you're trying to steal a tank one of the many monsters will knock you off, then you'll get shot at as you land on the floor, then as you get to your feet get shot by rockets knocking you over then have choppers come in and blast you again with rockets.

Now you can stop people calling for the chopper strike force by killing them before they finish the message but the bastards made the game so as you run at the guy to kill him (assuming you could find them in amongst the chaos) as you press the buttons to attack him your guy will start trying to attack something behind you that's closer. As you really only get a few seconds to find the guy and kill them ANY kind of delay means you can't get there in time. Then as the choppers come you get the crap shot out of you and you die. So you use the L2 lock on to get them assuming again you can find them. Well firstly the lock on picks whoever the fuck it wants to apart from the target you have in mind. Even when you are running forwards at a target if you press lock on it can start locking on to something behind you or above you or at the side! So as while you flick left and right and up and down to cycle through everyone, they make their call.

Now lets assume you found the guy making the call the split second he started to. He's stood on the corner of the street by a building. Now you hold R2 and start to run towards him but wait. The game has just forced you into jumping on top of the car in front of you, now the character has jumped off that car onto the wall without you pressing anything. And now you're running up and across the wall of the building he is stood under. You let go of run and you guy drops down to the ground, lands but you missed you chance to stop him about 5 seconds ago.

Another problem is the ... lets call it the 'far cry 2 distances between missions'. Nearly every mission has you fighting across the city, then you finish and have to run jump and glide for ages to get back to your safe house to start a new mission and then you have to run across the city to official start it and then you fight and then have to run jump and glide for ages to get back to the safe house. They label this as being in 'free roam mode' the first time you're running from 'a to' ... not even 'b' because that's too close... its more like 'a to z'.

If they had sorted the controls and gave you more control over what your character was doing it might have been fun. My last straws were a mission where I have to follow 'something' (no spoilers). It's all going well until the army spot your character and then you'll have choppers chasing you as you chase the 'objective'. The worst part comes as you cross central park and the choppers have a clear line of fire on you. without a doubt you'll get shot, and shot again and again allowing the 'objective' to get away. After that I finially managed to fluke the mission and ended up in a big 3 way fight between the infected, the army and me. Funnily enough the army and infected forgot about each other when i showed up and took it in turns to rip the crap out of me over and over. Shits.

The best thing about this game is the way the city looks like it's going to hell and everyone is running for their lives as the infected kill everyone and the army try to fight them back. You will see traffic speeding along smashing into each other trying to escape areas and streets full of people screaming and running as the infected chase and the army in their tanks and choppers try to deal with it all. I hope and pray that capcom and the dead rising team see this and use it for a future zombie game because it is honestly the greatest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom