Prototype Xbox 360, PS3. First Screens and Preview

Tesco Rental have sent this out to me, will give it a try tomorrow. Not holding out much hope after reading peoples impressions though :(

Got the game today and have to say it is quite fun but there are flaws that are really annoying. I'm about 10 missions in and I'm getting raped every time. If it's not the strike team it's those annoying creatures. I'm only on medium difficulty and I'm having to redo missions over and over again. It's lost it's fun factor for me and the missions are really similar which I'm getting a little bored of. Although the side missions are quite fun if I'm honest I really can't be arsed if I'm restarting over and over again.

I liked the fact that it is based around a real city and it seems to have a good story, but it's just not fun getting the shit blown out of you all the time. Sure you can change disguise but if a strike team is on you you better run for your life because they'll fuck you over and over and over again.

I'm gonna buy InFamous instead.

EDIT: I've just realised about the armour and high jacking helicopters. My life has just been made so much easier. I might stick with this after all.

Last edited:
Right, gave it another day. Mission 27/31 and I'm on the verge of giving up and sending this back. Must have tried this mission 25+ times, it really is monotonous, frustrating and annoying. Every fucking man and his dog is after you in this, it's hard enough trying to beat the boss on his own let alone fending off horde after horde of those annoying creatures. The only thing I can find that is effective against the boss is the ground spike and I can't get anywhere near it with anything else and I just don't have the time to execute it.

I'm really stuck and so pissed off with it. Anyone have any tips so I can see this game off once and for all?

EDIT: I've done it!! Mission 27/28 the devastator is your friend!

Last edited:
Played the "tutorial" section and just consumed that general guy.

This is awful so far :( It's nothing but a glorified button-basher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the game last night and boy do I feel like I had to earn it. The action sequences are good and I loved unlocking some of the alternate powers to battle the bosses. Also, there were some jaw dropping moments being chased all over the city, hijacking helicopters and switching between characters to evade air strikes. However, for me the game is let down by being incredibly hard and frustrating. I'd call myself a medium to good general gamer and can beat most games on the hardest difficulties without much trouble, but I found some of the bosses really hard to beat, especially the final boss. It must have taken me 1.5 hours for him alone. I'm leaving the platinum trophy on this well alone, as some, including beat the game without dying :SHOCK: and beat the game on Hard (Impossible?), are very difficult to obtain.

So be warned, it is a lot of fun at times and most of my enjoyment came from the side missions, but it is a definite controller smasher at times. Also, the game is huge, I've only unlocked 15% approx of the trophies playing on Medium and completing most of the side missions and collectables.

Not too bad now I've gotten into it a bit more.

Got frustrated at the first fight with those creatures in the military base as I had no idea how to defeat them until I learnt how to use the dive roll. Still not easy though!

This seems to be getting better as it goes on, whereas I heard LOADS of good things about Bionic Commando and that's got worse if anything as it went on (31% through after a couple of hours of getting it).

Not too bad now I've gotten into it a bit more.

Got frustrated at the first fight with those creatures in the military base as I had no idea how to defeat them until I learnt how to use the dive roll. Still not easy though!

This seems to be getting better as it goes on, whereas I heard LOADS of good things about Bionic Commando and that's got worse if anything as it went on (31% through after a couple of hours of getting it).

I'm sorry to break it to you Dags but that mission is a walk in the park compared to what you have coming :P. My main advice is upgrade, upgrade, upgrade, trust me you'll use every one.

True, the game is hard sometimes... I still think the best strategy is to never stop to face many enemies together, better run and fight from buildings and attack them from up.

True, the game is hard sometimes... I still think the best strategy is to never stop to face many enemies together, better run and fight from buildings and attack them from up.

Totally agree. It does feel a little cowardly but there is nothing like running up a building waiting for the enemy to follow you and then ground spiking him :JAY:.

Totally agree. It does feel a little cowardly but there is nothing like running up a building waiting for the enemy to follow you and then ground spiking him :JAY:.

yeah, it´s great to smash a tank after a long jump, better than that are only the mass criticals!!! but its really hard to use them since you need to be a long time without taking hits... but when it works is really beautiful! :COOL:

Gonna send this back to Lovefilm, the fighting just pisses me off really, kinda like a shitty version of Tekken or something with the button-bashing and dodging constantly.

The rest of the game is alright and definately playable but I dread fights as they're just a bit lame.

Hoping I get iNfamous next.

Gonna send this back to Lovefilm, the fighting just pisses me off really, kinda like a shitty version of Tekken or something with the button-bashing and dodging constantly.

The rest of the game is alright and definately playable but I dread fights as they're just a bit lame.

Hoping I get iNfamous next.

Tekken??? Well man i really can´t see how the fight in this game can be anything similar to Tekken, there are too many ways to fight and too many strategies you can use to defeat the enemies and button-bashing is just one of them.

Honestly last night I thought "Oh god, another game I cba to finish cause its shit" but after playing around a bit more today I am stating to like it a bit more now!

I just finished the mission were you have to destroy the towers and get the sample of something.

What difficulty did you play on?

I can now understand your frustration, you get these tanks/helicopters/people with RPG's all attacking you plus those damn infected monsters!

I beat the game 3 days ago, a frustrating game but a very fun and free one! The certain powers you unlock are so fun, and the free roam can be so entertaining!

anybody else waiting for part 2? i only recently got into part 1 and am finishing the story, i love it. part 2 looks excellent! just one week to go.

Back
Top Bottom