PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

Am new to all this.. So was just wondering whether Konami will release a new update anytime soon?

One annoying thing is that CL nite games are very nice visually, but daytime regular games really suck. I think they need a lot of work on daytime lighting.

But you can already see that this game has the potential to become legendary, with good animations, decents nets and some sound effects it will be splendid. Gameplay and ball physics are excellent.

One annoying thing is that CL nite games are very nice visually, but daytime regular games really suck. I think they need a lot of work on daytime lighting.

But you can already see that this game has the potential to become legendary, with good animations, decents nets and some sound effects it will be splendid. Gameplay and ball physics are excellent.

Agreed about daytime lighting. Another thing that needs work is pitch textures. For instance, Anfield is a nice lush green but the Bernabeu is horrible.

i love the olimpico (rome) pitch, best i've seen. bernabeu sucks too dark, manchester too fuzzy, some others are just too dull.
Still everytime i download some edited pitch i go back to the originals for some reasons.

My best is France's pitch. Forgot its name. Oh yes Parc de princes, I think?

someone know where can i found a option file with the Bundeliga and the jerseys and simbols of the teams not lincenced (sorry my english isn't so good, i'm brazilian and new in this community)

You can look here http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=229

EDIT:

The New Face of Winning Eleven Debuts this Year
Producer Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka hints at major changes for this year's installment.

Winning Eleven has seen yearly installments on the PS3 and Xbox 360. But it looks like we've just been getting a preview of things to come for the series.

In an interview in the recent issue of Famitsu, series producer (and originally programmer) Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka cited the criticisms Winning Eleven has taken over the years, particularly in Europe, and promised for this year a Winning Eleven that's been powered up many levels.

The updates will come in both graphics and gameplay areas. Winning Eleven games until now, he said, have been just extensions of the Famicom era. Players were fine with this through the PlayStation 2 , but the development staff now need to change their concepts and ideas to something more appropriate for the new generation machines like Xbox 360 and PS3.

He wouldn't give share specifics about what kind of changes to expect, but he did say that the area of the game that most clearly shows the changes is the relationship between AI and player motions.

The changes will have an effect on how the game controls, said Takatsuka. Until now, they've had a "Famicom-like" belief that good controls means fast movement. But it isn't this simple. Particularly on the new hardware, this type of thinking will lead to players being too fast. Some players in Europe have actually complained that the game's tempo is too fast. On the other hand, some players do seem to like faster speeds. The staff will be taking balance into account during the tuning process.

Despite all the changes, Takatsuka said to expect the new Winning Eleven between November and December. The game is currently 30% complete.
http://winningelevenblog.com/

Last edited:

Stadiums look huge and great. As some have said, pitches and lighting for some need improvement. Nets are realistic and great, we just need diff style of nets such as Premiere style caged square ones. Improved and more organic animations and I for one would like to see more lifelike emotion/expression on players faces when they score goals. I want to see more player head movement/tracking on the field in relation to the players surroundings. And ofcourse, more sideline animations from coach and bench players warming up prior to a substitution. Need better crowd reaction to the action and near misses, hard tackles, individual highlight dribbles/plays, and the climax of goals on the pitch.

Until these things are added to the game, I will continue to enjoy this version for what it's worth.

The updates will come in both graphics and gameplay areas. Winning Eleven games until now, he said, have been just extensions of the Famicom era. Players were fine with this through the PlayStation 2 , but the development staff now need to change their concepts and ideas to something more appropriate for the new generation machines like Xbox 360 and PS3.

Why has it taken Konami until now to realise this?:CONFUSE:

The 360 & PS3 are hardly new generation machines. The 360 was released in 2005!

This just shows how the Japanese developers are in a world of their own. But at least Seabass is publicly acknowledging that they need to move with the times.

That's something positive I guess.

I think that PES 2010 is a good game, agree that it does have some problems but the core gameplay is very very good. I hated PES 2008, PES 2009 but love PES 2010. For me personally I think that it is better than FIFA 10 which has a multitude of problems this year.

I only really play FIFA 10 with online, the offline modes are a bug ridden mess, whereas with PES I am loving master league and BAL. Once you get use to the animations you can see that deep down PES has most of the core elements of gameplay pretty well sussed, for example when you score goals, they feel realistic and that gives me a buzz. In PES2010 Konami have very good foundations to build upon for PES 2011.

I think that PES 2010 is a good game, agree that it does have some problems but the core gameplay is very very good. I hated PES 2008, PES 2009 but love PES 2010. For me personally I think that it is better than FIFA 10 which has a multitude of problems this year.

I only really play FIFA 10 with online, the offline modes are a bug ridden mess, whereas with PES I am loving master league and BAL. Once you get use to the animations you can see that deep down PES has most of the core elements of gameplay pretty well sussed, for example when you score goals, they feel realistic and that gives me a buzz. In PES2010 Konami have very good foundations to build upon for PES 2011.

Yes, the satisfaction of scoring goals in PES has always been it's bread and butter for me. That feeling is just unmatched compared to other imitations.

if onty the sound programming was just decent enough...i mean i don't download anymore chants, theya are just the same chants i have been using for years.

We need a real stadium feeling, with the crowd that reacts to the plays, not 5 chants playing over and over and over and over again.

I believe this is gonna be the foundation for the best pes ever, 2011.

Why has it taken Konami until now to realise this?:CONFUSE:

The 360 & PS3 are hardly new generation machines. The 360 was released in 2005!

This just shows how the Japanese developers are in a world of their own. But at least Seabass is publicly acknowledging that they need to move with the times.

That's something positive I guess.

they must be taking that questionaire they sent out seriously,id say 90% of the feedback would have been animations related

I'm astonished to see they deliver the same song each year and finally do nothing else than some tunning here and there. This year's installment could have been great if it had some decent programming behind animation, physics and AI. I still clearly see the PS2 code everywhere, unchanged.

How have they wasted that many years is far from my understanding.

Let's hope they REALLY make VITAL changes this year, because it seems like a joke listening to it without any clue on how they will do it.

Most of the times lately seabass sounds like smoked and in his own world, and it's sad because he did great things 10 years ago.

I don't know why anyone bothers getting worked up about broken promises from Konami anymore, after last year's thorough let down my expectations would need a funeral if they got any lower. The proof in the pudding's in the tasting as far as I'm concerned.

Looks like we're getting news pretty early this year. Think we must have a new thread.

Too many broken promises, over the top hype and empty talk from certain well-known "fanboys" for me to get excited about a PES release from Konami. Every year it's the same. Wait till the game is out. If it's great that will be good but don't hold your breath guys.

i am excited. With proper animations this can be the greatest sport game ever. ball physics and gameplay are excellent, it almost reminds of the pes3 intro.

Too many broken promises, over the top hype and empty talk from certain well-known "fanboys" for me to get excited about a PES release from Konami. Every year it's the same. Wait till the game is out. If it's great that will be good but don't hold your breath guys.

exactly, i'd rather they listen to constructive critcal aspects rather just a quick browse to see "i love it because its pes".

it hasnt been good enough and if this years doesnt step up i doubt you will see a pes series for the next playstation/xbox

WE continues to be the adored son whilst PES remains the bastard child ... too much work needs to be done for PES 2011 to merely be back on track & each year seemingly becomes an opportunity squandered. Very sad situation for a what was a legendary title.

Pes 2010,5 incoming ;) I love Konami promises :D

Waiting for new Ubi Soft football game and maybe something from Ea

Back
Top Bottom