PES2008 faster with PS3 System Update 2.00?

trojanfoe

Gooner
11 June 2002
Waterlooville, Hampshire, UK
Arsenal
I wasn't one of the ones who've be suffering with slowdown to any great extent, perhaps as I have a Sony Bravia telly, but after updating the system to 2.00 I'd swear that it's going even quicker. There is still a slight slowdown in places, but generally the play is much snappier, and I think the same as the XBOX360 version (can't do side-by-side comparison as I don't own it - a friend does).

Anyone else had similar experience?

Cheers,
Andy

I wasn't one of the ones who've be suffering with slowdown to any great extent, perhaps as I have a Sony Bravia telly, but after updating the system to 2.00 I'd swear that it's going even quicker. There is still a slight slowdown in places, but generally the play is much snappier, and I think the same as the XBOX360 version (can't do side-by-side comparison as I don't own it - a friend does).

Anyone else had similar experience?

Cheers,
Andy

No it really isn't for me, it's still a festering pile of steaming shite! And I really want to love it, but cant :(

I just got game and downloaded 2.00 before i played. If it has been improved how bad was it before as from what i have played of it so far i haven't been impressed.

i wasnt suffering from slowdown to a great extent either, but it was noticable. I am using a standard TV with the standard component cables. I installed the new software update but the game didnt speed up for me.. although i installed PES2008 to my HDD and have now noticed that the game speed has indeed quickened up a little... and i have NO slowdown or frame rate issues while playing offline, although replays are still not 100%. Online mode is still a joke!

You updated to 2.00 and it didn't change anything for you?

Game wise no it hasn't. I am really fed up with this no decent option file and the slow down when there are lots of players on screen is criminal. For the first time ever I am thinking about getting FIFA, I feel so dirty :shock:

For me the game runs a touch faster, more like the 360 version now. i think i prefered it slower before!

the cut scenes have defo improved, frame rates seem better especially on shots zoomed out. still not amazing but a least i dont dizzy when watching the cut scenes now!

Using an old TV (not HDTV). Just updated to 2.0 and having a go. Much better for me. Smoother. It isn't perfect, but much better. Hope it helps others too.

Yep, seems to be some improvement here too ...

BUT

... Konami, if you're listening, we still need a patch from you as well please, because there is still slow down in the area when the ball pings around with lots of players.

Also, tearing is still an issue and we really would like to be able to choose kits in cup, league and masterleague competitions to avoid kit clashes ...

Phew!

:)

Back
Top Bottom