PES 6 for the XBOX360

Androctonvs

Discovered The FK Bug
30 November 2003
Portugal
SL Benfica
Ever since I bought a PS3, I was longing for a HD version of PS2 PES.

PES2008 let me down ALOT. PES2009... meh, still didn't have *it*.

I recently bought PES6 for the PS2 (still hasn't arrived in the mailbox) for 1 pound. This is yearning.

In the meantime, I bought PES6 for the 360, and good God, this is what I've been craving for like... 3 years? The PS2 playability is there; no gimmicks, no autosidestep, (no stadia, I know), the core play is right there...

After reading many people say that PES never made the jump to the next gen era, I should say they're wrong. Comparing 360's PES6 with PES2008/9, there's a big difference. PES 2008/9 is old-gen and a half (maybe they take the full leap with PES2010)... and still it manages to be way, way worse than a PS2 port.

Has any of you ever gave pes6 a chance, on the 360? Thoughts...?

I never knew it was backward compatible, if you could get achievements for playing it, I will give it a shot.

Hello everyone

Im new here and this is my first post :BAND:

I think this was the first game I bought when I got my 360 a couple of years back.

All I can say is what a game and so enjoyable! I was very addicted to it. Had it on just the other day there playing online and it was great. No lag whatsover!

Why did they not build upon this game? Why did the online get so bad again? Where did PES2008 come from? Its absolutely stinkin compared to PES 6. What goes on at Konami for them to go backwards!?

I was playing PES 2009 last night and I enjoy it apart from some minor glitches and bad animations etc.

I really believe that they have been working on PES 2010 for the past 2 years and the 2009 game is basically an early build of it. I think they have been working on upgrading the core engine of that game with new animations/sounds/graphics/passing/shooting etc.

If they can improve the goalkeepers and fix the online servers we are in for one hell of a treat!

I had PES6 on PC when it came out, then waited until last year to get the 360 version of it. It's terrible in comparison IMO, the 360 version feels 'smoother' but the pace has been ramped up to that of an arcade game.

i play it online quite a bit and there's no lag. Looks great in hd too and the speed og the players is just right imo - i hopr the players in pes2010 move at a similar speed.

I didn't know PES 2006 was on the xbox 360, thought it was only on regular xbox. Since it is on the 360 - I plan on playing it now.

What is the edit mode like it it? I heard it wasn't as good as the PS2 version. What are the differences?

They didn't make PES6 for XBOX did they, I can't remember, I went to the PS2 version.

I didn't like 08 or 09 so I've been playing PES5 on my 360. Great fun, PEs6 was better but 5 is still quite fun (other than the fouling).

the edit mode is very poor... But at its price, its a bargain for hd pes with old school playability and excellent online!

the edit mode is very poor... But at its price, its a bargain for hd pes with old school playability and excellent online!

Does anyone know where I could pickup a copy of PES for the 360? I went to my local Gamestop today and he said it wasn't in the computer and he didn't even think it was made for the 360. I havent' had any luck trying to find it online either.

I will try Blockbuster, I got a few good deals there already. I picked up EUFA 06/07 yesterday and that game is utter rubbish, you guys got me wanting to play PES 06 now, I got to find it...

I remember part-ex ing it for 2007 or 8. Been back since to buy it from GAME for £1.99! When you play the newer versions and go back to this it is brilliant. And the online! Wow...smooth as a smooth thing, how they messed up later versions I don't know.

Fozziebear40 on Xbox Live, see you there.... I am a Division 3 player because I always play Liverpool or England. Great games when you don't play against Brazil or Inter.

I am in my 40's lol so been through the video game age and this is the BEST video game I have ever played and enjoyed, especially on line. ( I mainly play sports games so I am biased ). My Desert Island Disc game.

Last edited:
I use really obscure teams like Angola and the smallest Spanish and French clubs, but nearly everyone goes Brazil and Inter and try the same cheap goals over and over again.

It's great when you find a kindred spirit though who uses smaller teams and just tries to play footy rather than desperately trying to win by using routine tactics with Adriano and co.

Personally I don't think PES2010 will match this game for gameplay, which is depresssing, but it will hopefully have 2v2 online which is a mig miss from PES6360.

PES 6 on Xbox 360 was for sure the best PES ever made till 2010 (maybe better than 2010 too but dunno till I don't play it), cause it was like PES 6 on PC which is the best product available on PC platform with better graphics and enhanced HUD !
Superb work by Konami.

The 360 version has slight differences on the field of play which makes it a better game than its PS2/PC counterpart imo.
It has a slightly slower pace(still too fast), the defending is less hectic and 30 yarders aren't as depressingly frequent.
I had some great games online during the weekend where players would pick small teams as I did resulting in some excellent, lag-free, close games of football.
If only they had been refining this game instead of the route they went down with 2008/2009, imagine the glorious game we would have now :(

PES6 on the 360 is awesome, especially online it was virtually lag free. With it being XBOX Live the servers are still running as well. I haven't played it in ages but Konami really got the online mode pretty damn spot on in this. I wonder what went wrong.

This was my first game for xbox 360
It is also the best PES on NG
The online wasn't laggy either

Yeah same here!

I sold it though and rebought it MINT condition from Gamestation last Saturday for...........................

£1.49 in the bargain bin...one of the best items I have ever bought.

Back
Top Bottom