PES 5 vs PES 6

The best is...

• PES 5

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • PES 6

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters
I love them both but my vote went to PES5 because it's easier to play D in it. Best football game ever no doubt.

PES5 for me without a shadow of a doubt, hands down the best football game ever thus far and I'm including Fifa 10 next gen!

Also it's interesting that there's 1 vote in this now that I've voted PES5 lol, tighter than 90% of Thierry Henry's offside decisions this one!

Another poster asked the difference between WE9LE and PES5, other than the obvious of language unless English patched, the main gameplay differences for me are noticeably less stop-start gameplay because there's less niggly fouls which helps the game flow, the ai full backs and midfielders actually defend and make things difficult by packing the different areas of the pitch, and to me the ball physics seem a little better for passing, crossing and shooting though this is miniscule and so could well be a placebo lol.

Finally, can someone explain to me how PES6 is better than PES5 ? I know it's a newer game and I know it's all about opinions, but for me when I went back and played PES5 after extensive periods of playing PES6 - I couldn't believe how much more fluid and responsive PES5 was let alone by direct comparison - the passing felt so good as well! It's just a much better game! People say you should never go backwards in a videogame franchise, but PES5/WE9LE these days is not only Konami's finest hour but it's also it's own worst enemy as things stand because it undermines current PES titles. Which is their own doing, not ours, but still.

And PES2010 for me is poor, honestly it feels like Fifa08! It doesn't feel like a Pro Evo game at all - the response is gone...that's the one thing PES always had over Fifa until this year...Konami are digging their own grave at this point - honestly if they just released a rehashed PES5 in terms of gameplay for PES 2011 it would see much improved sales because the gameplay would be back to the PES we know and love. Even if it is a step back, sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards, just look at Street Fighter IV. What's old is new again....

Last edited:
PES5 for me without a shadow of a doubt, hands down the best football game ever thus far and I'm including Fifa 10 next gen!

Also it's interesting that there's 1 vote in this now that I've voted PES5 lol, tighter than 90% of Thierry Henry's offside decisions this one!

Another poster asked the difference between WE9LE and PES5, other than the obvious of language unless English patched, the main gameplay differences for me are noticeably less stop-start gameplay because there's less niggly fouls which helps the game flow, the ai full backs and midfielders actually defend and make things difficult by packing the different areas of the pitch, and to me the ball physics seem a little better for passing, crossing and shooting though this is miniscule and so could well be a placebo lol.

Finally, can someone explain to me how PES6 is better than PES5 ? I know it's a newer game and I know it's all about opinions, but for me when I went back and played PES5 after extensive periods of playing PES6 - I couldn't believe how much more fluid and responsive PES5 was let alone by direct comparison - the passing felt so good as well! It's just a much better game! People say you should never go backwards in a videogame franchise, but PES5/WE9LE these days is not only Konami's finest hour but it's also it's own worst enemy as things stand because it undermines current PES titles. Which is their own doing, not ours, but still.

And PES2010 for me is poor, honestly it feels like Fifa08! It doesn't feel like a Pro Evo game at all - the response is gone...that's the one thing PES always had over Fifa until this year...Konami are digging their own grave at this point - honestly if they just released a rehashed PES5 in terms of gameplay for PES 2011 it would see much improved sales because the gameplay would be back to the PES we know and love. Even if it is a step back, sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards, just look at Street Fighter IV. What's old is new again....

Difference of opinions, I hated PES5, stupid referee decisions too much emphasis on passing etc. PES6 is my favorite pro game of all time despite Adriano being an unplayable player. I actually like Pro 2010 and didn't like 2009 at all.

PES 6.

What I dislike most in PES 5 is the massive amount of fouls... Or maybe I need to change my way of playing. We just played a few games of PES 5 with a friend after and it was just foul, foul, foul.

And PES2010 for me is poor, honestly it feels like Fifa08! It doesn't feel like a Pro Evo game at all - the response is gone...that's the one thing PES always had over Fifa until this year...Konami are digging their own grave at this point - honestly if they just released a rehashed PES5 in terms of gameplay for PES 2011 it would see much improved sales because the gameplay would be back to the PES we know and love.

What? FIFA 08 is ea's best football game by a long way. Last fifa game that was actually challenging and relistic, which was amasing sice the game was very basic.

All Rutter has done is increased the fludity but made it as arcadey as FIFA 99 or even FIFA 2000. Seriously FIFA 10 is the most disappointing game released in a very long time. I enjoyed it for about 2 weeks (demo) then as soon as i got the full game, its just gets worse and worse and is clearly not finished. All it has in gameplay teams is fluidity and better animations than PES but even this is crap sinc the animations are not put toghether well at all. Why does every player move te same, why do players feel like free runners?

I agree to most extents on PES 5 being the best but PES 2010 isan't THAT bad as you say it is. The player individuality saves the whole game, the player individuallity is the best on any PES game which is something Konami must build around. What PES needs to do is evolve, it needs new animations and new phyics engine on the level or using the technology of erdorphin and using awarness ai.

PES 5 for sure but the game is abandoned by editors. :( If I had kits for all teams I would be playing this game.

Back
Top Bottom