PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did they ever do this? If you look at the announcement dates of the past years it was never after the Champions League Final.

CL Final 2016: 28.May 2016 Pes Announcement: 25.May 2016
CL Final 2017: 03.June 2017 Pes Announcement: 17.May 2017
CL Final 2018: 26.May 2018 Pes Announcement: 09.May 2018

So I think it never really had something to do with the Champions League final.

Ok great. Thanks for gathering the statistic for us! So it was only 2017 which was tied closely to the CL final. That means we are going to get a teaser in May for sure.

Fox is amazing engine (MGS for example) but it is like 40% of usage of that engine in PES.
I think not being able to use fox engine in its full potential is the media spin that you hear often from guys like Adam Bhatti to justify incompetence, and frankly, the choice of engine and its shortcomings.

The engine has been used since 2014, thats 5 years, half a decade since then and folk are expected to believe the engine is not being used in its full potential. Thats just plain third grade PR sales pitch. In these past five years, purely coming from user experience, the optimization has been shit, mainly on PCs, the loading times are awful, even between cutscenes, and having to use a third party software to make it look better, so much yet to learn. The collision/physics system is still miles behind fifa and they have a lot to work for.

I do believe FOX engine is a fantastic engine, but only for story driven games, not for sports.

I am really bad at engines knowledge, but checking the wikipedia of pes2014, it says Fox engine and Havok for physics. Also in the PC-DVD cases of 15 & 16 it says HAvOK too, on the back side. It seemes that after 17 FOX is solo.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2014

Havok physics is what made 2014 through 2016 unique (most noticeable in animations and mini animations in player movements). For 2017 and onward, Havok was ditched and that contributed to the dullness and generic feel the modern games have.

Havok physics is what made 2014 through 2016 unique (most noticeable in animations and mini animations in player movements). For 2017 and onward, Havok was ditched and that contributed to the dullness and generic feel the modern games have.
Havent played 14, but they were still able to create individuality, randomness, great varied shots and good physicality on 17. In compare to 19 - 17 is miles ahead in terms of, well, everything apart of graphics and ball physics. So it is possible to create a decent package with fox engine, they just dont want to and/or dont care.

As far as I know HAVOK was utilised as the collision/impact engine.
Not for all animations.

I think HAVOK's with FIFA now.

The engine is not the problem, it's how it is implemented and used. PES 2014 to this day represents the best use of the Fox Engine in a PES game.

Really?
pes2014_bayern_shalke04_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

C77320C8-46A7-45D6-89F2-DF47A4B4C71E.jpeg

Do you play on PC?

Just played a game and am interested in souping up my copy of PES 2014.

PES 2014 was shambolic at release but was solid after 8 or 9 updates. Only a few patient PES 2014 players will know this.

Do you play on PC?

Just played a game and am interested in souping up my copy of PES 2014.

PES 2014 was shambolic at release but was solid after 8 or 9 updates. Only a few patient PES 2014 players will know this.

Yeah, PC (I play on a mac with wineskin). Installing Jenkey's file loader is a good start to start souping up the game to your liking.

Posted in the Retro thread.

Been playing a bit of PES 2014 this week, And i'm blown away by how realistic this game tried to be, the ambition and vision for PES 2014 and what the series could've been on Fox is a painful time capsule of could haves and should haves. The AI is pretty impressive on this game, check out this bit of skill and technique from COM controlled Drogba!

And something about the weight of the players really adds a full feeling to the physicality of this game. It's only the first time PES introduced actually body physics to the series and it wasn't bad at all for Konami's first attempt at their own "impact" engine.

Not to mention the animations, foot planting and inverse kinetics. If only more emphasis was placed in current PES on body momentum like they did here.

Posted in the Retro thread.

Been playing a bit of PES 2014 this week, And i'm blown away by how realistic this game tried to be, the ambition and vision for PES 2014 and what the series could've been on Fox is a painful time capsule of could haves and should haves. The AI is pretty impressive on this game, check out this bit of skill and technique from COM controlled Drogba!

And something about the weight of the players really adds a full feeling to the physicality of this game. It's only the first time PES introduced actually body physics to the series and it wasn't bad at all for Konami's first attempt at their own "impact" engine.

Not to mention the animations, foot planting and inverse kinetics. If only more emphasis was placed in current PES on body momentum like they did here.

Absolutely painful.

These videos show us what technology can do, and remind us of where we should be right now - but the power of gaming isn't going towards gameplay, and definitely not AI.

What will be the point in next-gen consoles (or, let's be honest, the current gen) unless someone takes football gaming back to, you know, the football?

eSports have taken over, something that looks like football but plays like Street Fighter and gets you hooked ASAP. It's been said already a hundred times, but without a developer stepping in to create a real offline experience, I think the gameplay we want will never happen. We are no longer an important piece of the market.

Last edited:

absolutly right, it was a desaster at the time of release ! PES 2014 was the reason i had switch so manual shooting...

Problem with FOXEngine is that is a inhouse engine, shure a good one but nobody knows how many people can deeply working with it, how will the engine supported and extended, a game engine had many Parts, lightning, physics, visuals... after the big break with Kojima and the financal cuts iam not shure if that engine is the way to go... its a shame hoe long it takes for updates and minor bugfixes....

the BIG advantages of Unreal is, that it will constantly in developent, big team, perfect for multiplatform...

Unreal could be awesome for community modding.

Fox is nice but for a small team like PES Productions its the better way to go for UNREAL sooner or later... there is no doubt imo...

Apparently 3 weeks from now we'll get the first teaser trailer.
Please don't hold your breath. That's just what I read around.

I’m not sure. In my opinion they will still use FOX ENGINE on PS5.

That don't make any sense.. of course, they CAN use the old one if they wanna be lazy and don't give a F*, because FOX will be outdated and uncompetitive. For FOX to be up to date, compatible with all new technologies such as Ray Tracing, need serious work. Konami at this stage cannot do this because the creators and developers of the engine no longer work for Konami. I will not be surprised even if Konami releases PES 2020 with a new, Unreal engine like they do with PES 2014. A paid test version, where they were still learning how to work with the new engine to get ready for the new consoles.

Last edited:
That don't make any sense.. of course, they CAN use the old one if they wanna be lazy and don't give a F*, because FOX will be outdated and uncompetitive. For FOX to be up to date, compatible with all new technologies such as Ray Tracing, need serious work. Konami at this stage cannot do this because the creators and developers of the engine no longer work for Konami. I will not be surprised even if Konami releases PES 2020 with a new, Unreal engine like they do with PES 2014. A paid test version, where they were still learning how to work with the new engine to get ready for the new consoles.
Konami will use Unreal Engine in Pes 2020? Its like a joke. They will continue use FOX Engine as long as possible. Its. Konami don’t forget about it.

FIFA improved in previous years when they changed engines games looks and plays technically briliant. I mean FIFA 07/08 engine, iginte engine in Fifa 14 and Forsbite in FIFA 17. Forsbite was the worst engine but still good enough and much better technically in physics than FOX. KONAMI use for 5 years Fox engine and still physics, 360 degree and animations looks clunky.

FIFA improved in previous years when they changed engines games looks and plays technically briliant. I mean FIFA 07/08 engine, iginte engine in Fifa 14 and Forsbite in FIFA 17. Forsbite was the worst engine but still good enough and much better technically in physics than FOX. KONAMI use for 5 years Fox engine and still physics, 360 degree and animations looks clunky.

The thing with Frostbite is that it's an upgradable engine. Meaning that FIFA is now running on Frostbite 2.
Which means EA can probably keep developing on it and FIFA will keep running on it.

Also, believe it or not, EA has invested a lot on animations on FIFA. It's the most advanced game from EA running on Frostbite. There are whole papers on it. And I got this info from GalaxyMan which is the genius that reinvented the wheel in terms of modding the whole engine for any of the games running on it. Amazing, really. I think he knows more about Frostbite than a lot of people at EA.

I hope PES sticks with FOX. Otherwise all assets need to be rebuilt again probably. Not to mention the gameplay.
Whats wrong with FOX? It looks stunning, best looking footy game we have and the engine is for "free".
The problem is not looking but physics, animations and 360 degree. Game still has problem with this stuff. HAVOK change it but Konami can’t use it anymore. This is a problem. They dont have advance technology with pshysics like EA has it for years.

The problem is not looking but physics, animations and 360 degree. Game still has problem with this stuff. HAVOK change it but Konami can’t use it anymore. This is a problem. They dont have advance technology with pshysics like EA has it for years.

Do you mean the usual ragdoll fifa physics?
Ball physics and player physics are the best we had in PES ever imo..or even in footy game ever. The thing is for example that we dont have enough passing and shooting variation is because the majority of the fanbase dont demand it. There i have problems. But its not the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom