PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with these new additional leagues and if they do not mess up gameplay 2019 has a potential to be a start of really good PES. While here, since I returned to the game(2016 version) there was no way I could to a marseille turn in any PES since then. Could it be cause of my el cheapo controller or does anyone else have the same problem?

Both Master League and Career mode have been made easier for the FUT crowd who are used to getting everything they want. How dare they bid for a player and be told hes not for sale or he dont want to move.
If little spotty johnny wants him then johnny shall have him.

Messi for example should be unattainable until he is about 35 or Barca dont offer him a new deal.
This could be easily fixed using PES own old ML system. It gave you ML difficulty options which would make transfers range from easy to almost impossible, in addition to frequency.

If only they bring that back.

Actually, if only they bring back everything that worked perfectly in the past.

Can you believe this? https://twitter.com/PESlatam/status/1013884265464041473
I'm utterly disgusted. How can we expect to have half a decent game when one of the official PES Twitter account highlights THAT kind of goal?...
I don't have problem with this kind of goals, when it's done in 0-pass assist because it requires a lot of skills in pass direction and power.
And if you're able to successfully do it, It doesn't look as ridiculous as the video you posted.

Last edited:
and so would pes 2018 be if they didnt add in some nice overpowered scripting that meant every team uses the same patterns to break you down this is where the problem is if they built on the best parts of 2017 it would be better than the current easy solution they took where 72 rated AI players will become 99 rated depending on the situation the CPU wants to force on you

No doubt that the solution is far from what you call a good and believable AI. But at least it made my play the game a whole year instead of throwing it away after one hour.

I hope the japanese devs just watched the first half of the world cup yesterday and noted how difficult it can be for a underdog team to get past the midfield.

Unfortunately they will be looking at the end to end 2nd half as the norm i fear

Games like last night should be created organically by the actual players on a video game.

Yeah yesterday game would be real example how good and exciting game should be. I know that anyone of us played pes as Japan and result end like in yesterday game all of us will say that AI cheats :D
Joke on side, it would be great to use these game as example and implement stuff from them. It would be great if we can choose different style for counter attacks, with ground passes or long through balls, wide counter attacks through the wingers or with attacker etc. Too many ideas but hard to implement in already functioning engine

Konami devs are like Sports Interactive devs, they gonna make the game as they think the game are...

This would be a beautiful goal if it weren't for the fact it happens every single time on PA4. So what exactly are you showing off Konami?

Personally the one passing system (universal passing system) that we saw in PES2011, this would be a glorious innovative move, this would save the trouble of trying to adopt a filter system for the four PA settings online, and the football would benefit by having all forms of ping pong passing eliminated.

Pre-Season tour up next starting July 17th in Italy

After being completely into full manual meanwhile, it is impossible to go back to any assistance for me - as little as it might be. So if there would be really ONE passing mode without manual option one day, i won´t even check the demo.

The last one
DhKmWU4WkAAWKU4.jpg

Source : https://twitter.com/JVC_PESForum

I probably sound extremely bitter and negative, but I'm not impressed by 95% of the screenshots AT ALL.

The only images that did impress me are, yeah.... Signal Iduna Park.... oh the irony.

080805.jpg

That one has been the only image to get my attention, probably.

I am a bit concerned that some light-flood pitches without shadows could have that yellow-tint effect which was extremely unfriendly to look at in previous iterations. PES2018 brought the green back a little bit, especially when playing around with contrast levels in the menu.

I probably sound extremely bitter and negative, but I'm not impressed by 95% of the screenshots AT ALL.

The only images that did impress me are, yeah.... Signal Iduna Park.... oh the irony.

080805.jpg

That one has been the only image to get my attention, probably.

I have a sneaking suspicion that there might have been a downgrade somewhere along the lines.

Everyone of us will judge the game when we play the game around month. We all have different view for the AI, for some will be easy for other very hard, other will complaint that AI is cheating becouse it's perfection and that was unreal. Key is to find right balance between the difficulties, for me playing on professional gives me most realistic picture of the game, some top teams will beat me when i use top team. Problems become evident when you play against weaker sides and they play like top teams, that's where stats should matter more

Regarding the ML, I'm beginning to believe that Konami made a mistake of adapting the mode to the other game's Career Mode. The Master League itself in the early days was its own brand, a game mode no other football or even sports game had. It had a powerful narrative: transforming a team of made-up underachievers into a club capable of winning made-up silverware in made-up leagues and european competitions, while buying and selling real-life players and made-up players too, using made-up money (PES points). No one else was doing this, not ****, not FM/CM, not Madden, not NBA Live, no one. There was the world of real-life football, and then there was PES', and football fans were happily living in both.
Instead of building upon that brand over the years, creating and maintaining a unique fantasy world that stood out from the more realistic approach of ****'s Career Mode, Konami folded and bit by bit introduced real competitions, real money, the ability of being able to change clubs, which ultimately corrupted the purpose of the Master League. Now naturally the fans are confused because the mode nowadays has the name of the Master League, but the mode itself is an underdeveloped attempt at a Career Mode with less players, leagues and features.

If it had been my decision, I'd have built a separate career mode whilst keeping the Master League in the game too. Now it's impossible to do so because the series has spent a decade educating its crowd (particularly the younger part of it) that the ML is supposed to be a career mode, when in reality it was not meant to be it. Who knows what the ML could have turned out to be if only they had believed in its unique brand and worked within that framework of glorifying their own fantasy world, instead of trying to copy everyone else. And the problem of spending your time copying other people is that you'll forever stay one step behind them, never catching up.

Regarding the ML, I'm beginning to believe that Konami made a mistake of adapting the mode to the other game's Career Mode. The Master League itself in the early days was its own brand, a game mode no other football or even sports game had. It had a powerful narrative: transforming a team of made-up underachievers into a club capable of winning made-up silverware in made-up leagues and european competitions, while buying and selling real-life players and made-up players too, using made-up money (PES points). No one else was doing this, not ****, not FM/CM, not Madden, not NBA Live, no one. There was the world of real-life football, and then there was PES', and football fans were happily living in both.
Instead of building upon that brand over the years, creating and maintaining a unique fantasy world that stood out from the more realistic approach of ****'s Career Mode, Konami folded and bit by bit introduced real competitions, real money, the ability of being able to change clubs, which ultimately corrupted the purpose of the Master League. Now naturally the fans are confused because the mode nowadays has the name of the Master League, but the mode itself is an underdeveloped attempt at a Career Mode with less players, leagues and features.

If it had been my decision, I'd have built a separate career mode whilst keeping the Master League in the game too. Now it's impossible to do so because the series has spent a decade educating its crowd (particularly the younger part of it) that the ML is supposed to be a career mode, when in reality it was not meant to be it. Who knows what the ML could have turned out to be if only they had believed in its unique brand and worked within that framework of glorifying their own fantasy world, instead of trying to copy everyone else. And the problem of spending your time copying other people is that you'll forever stay one step behind them, never catching up.
You are right and spot on with everything. They should only develop but in a sports manner. Remember in ps3 days when pes 2013 (not sure if it was 13) came out with fruits and other fun stuff as a part of ML? That was the most unresonable move from konami until now in ML. I don't play Myclub but I think that actually that mode is successor of ML we remember. After all the fantasy stuff they put and other s*** i haven't played ML in pes. Last one I really enjoyed was PES 2011 and spend many many hours in it. I remember creating my local club with it's badge, started in some 2nd division with creation of a small stadium in stadium creator and improving things as game go forward. Good days.... hope sometime we can have all that stuff again and make our stories and have memorable moments with the game we love :)

Any real big change to ML would have been advertised/shouted with enthusiasm. Having somewhat realistic transfers would already be a big improvement compared with last year.. it's a waste of energies to expect anything more.

My hopes are all on the gameplay.. just give me some real depth there and I'm fine at least for this year..

You are right and spot on with everything. They should only develop but in a sports manner. Remember in ps3 days when pes 2013 (not sure if it was 13) came out with fruits and other fun stuff as a part of ML? That was the most unresonable move from konami until now in ML. I don't play Myclub but I think that actually that mode is successor of ML we remember. After all the fantasy stuff they put and other s*** i haven't played ML in pes. Last one I really enjoyed was PES 2011 and spend many many hours in it. I remember creating my local club with it's badge, started in some 2nd division with creation of a small stadium in stadium creator and improving things as game go forward. Good days.... hope sometime we can have all that stuff again and make our stories and have memorable moments with the game we love :)

13 ML had the infamous boots that boosted player stats and other similar arcade elements that I can't recall in details. Pretty ridiculous, but overall the game was super good to me and one of the last Pes I played for the whole season and beyond. Plus it was stuff you could just ignore and play like it wasn't there.

I personally don't mind the real life route, anyway. Pes 2011 had a pretty "realistic" ML and yet most of the people remember it as a really good one. I think the problem with the ML in the latest years it's just that there isn't much depth or much to do or to think at all.

Master League and Be A Legend sounds completely neglected by the sounds of things.. 3 year plan is another way of saying, "we'll fix it later".

This post just sums up my thoughts exactly. They were saying the same crap last year about PES18 being the last one in the 3 year cycle and all we got was a piss poor game with fuck all game modes or content. I traded my copy of PES18 in at Game back in January and dowloaded the lite version. You'd think with the money they are making on MyClub they would put that to good use and improve the game modes/master league but clearly they aren't bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom