PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't buy PES last year due to the lack of fouls and because there were no penalties. Anyone know if this has been addressed in PES19 ? Visually it looks stunning so I'm hoping so.

Have a PS4 Pro but just bought a new gaming PC so wondering if the PC version be next generation ?

Didn't buy PES last year due to the lack of fouls and because there were no penalties. Anyone know if this has been addressed in PES19 ? Visually it looks stunning so I'm hoping so.

Have a PS4 Pro but just bought a new gaming PC so wondering if the PC version be next generation ?

2018 is. 2019 should be too.

We will see when it's out. The problem is you guys are acting like we've never been there before, numerous times. Enough of this nativity.

They can PR their way all they want, but it's what happens on the pitch is what counts in the end.

See you guys when the demo's out.

true mate, its all about the football on the pitch

Really liking the snippets of info being released.

PES has been stale since 2015 with only gameplay changes and identical crap online and offline.

For 2019 offline is seemingly gonna be better and muclub might be able to get me back with the overhaul they are doing too, good times.

waiting for the Pre-season tour (newer code)

Who the fick wants to be a ref?
What's next, "be a crossing guard?"

how about be a ball boy? :D..... and with that see ya's later .... com'on ENGLAND !!

Does anybody have a link with more information on the thing about teams containing 40-something players?

Will all (licensed) teams have 40 players, and will it include players from their youth teams?
If so, it could be massive for the Master League experience if only they provide an on/off button for regens!

So this is all the info we have for now basically?

"This takes the game to 400+ teams (with squad sizes increased to 40 players), over 10,000 players"

Probably also means that not all 400+ teams will have 40 players since 40 x 400 is 16.000.
Of course "over 10.000 players" could theoretically amount to 16.000 but then it would be more logical to write "over 15.000 players".

I am excited about the living menus in ML(i.e. videos in ML). Any predictions what the videos might contain?

It's only the numbers of players that you can put in a team which have been increased from 34 (if i remember well) to 40.
Not all the teams would have 40 players of course.
But when i was doing transfers manually i've seen that half of the Brasileirao teams for example have rosters between 36 and 42 players max.

Juventus as an example which have many youngsters and put them on the squad list for some matches, but made changes often: some of those players goes in and out to "free agent" from a week to another (because of the 34 players limitations).

If think now on with 40 players, there will be no more free agents who aren't really "free" since they belong to an IG team in reality.

"I am excited about the living menus in ML(i.e. videos in ML). Any predictions what the videos might contain?"

Didn't they also have videos last year from dressing room and such?

Either way I can't imagine it will be anything breathtaking and, as others, the advertise menu thing makes me go :PUKE:

Konami are famous for their announcement of an announcement. Now we have an advertise of an advertise...

Konami is stupid idiots, in PES 2019 will be more than 20000 players, they dont lose any leagues this year and have 9 new so this bring to PES ~ 7000 new players

It's only the numbers of players that you can put in a team which have been increased from 34 (if i remember well) to 40.
But when i was doing transfers manually i've seen that half of the Brasileirao teams for example have rosters between 36 and 42 players max.

Juventus as an example which have many youngsters and put them on the squad list for some matches, but made changes often: some of those players goes in and out to "free agent" from a week to another (because of the 34 players limitations).

If think now on with 40 players, there will be no more free agents who aren't really "free" since they belong to an IG team in reality.

Ah, what a bummer!
I got all all excited about the prospect of teams having real youth players - thought maybe Konami had made some sort of deal with the new leagues/teams.

Do you know if youth players from clubs' b-teams/youth teams are also under Fifpro license?

Oh and another thing about the new menu thing: if they could at least make it so that you don't have to tap 5 consecutive buttons to see a full league table that isn't even full because you also have to tab down to see the bottom of the table, that would be enough for me!

No nitpicking,but 32 has been the standard for a long time.
Which is frustrating,and they need to look at the players out on loan and never returning.
Started a ML with Milan and had 3-4 good players on loan that were list to me

No nitpicking,but 32 has been the standard for a long time.
Which is frustrating,and they need to look at the players out on loan and never returning.
Started a ML with Milan and had 3-4 good players on loan that were list to me
Rocksto correct 32 current teamcap. Brazilian teams and Italian where a pain in the @$$ with all these loan players.Brazilian especial might loan a player for two months so the rosters keep getting maxed every season.

Rocksto correct 32 current teamcap. Brazilian teams and Italian where a pain in the @$$ with all these loan players.Brazilian especial might loan a player for two months so the rosters keep getting maxed every season.
They need to sort that out,I had a few very good ones on loan.
I usually edit the ML team myself before starting,but sometimes you forget,and lose out on two-three 75-78 ovr

PC has no "generation" and was capable of 4K even without official support for it, so...
I know, i'm just trying to figure out what hidden meaning they have behind this wording.

I hope for some news after FIFA world cup next week. I know fifa has full licence over world cup stadiums, but i'd like it if Konami signs an agreement with 1 of this years wc stadiums at least to be in the game among those 40+.

so you guys want the game to be realistic but at the same time still able to control it ? LOL so who control the hand-ball fouls in reality ? I just want the game to be as much real as it can, that's all :)
But you can still try to avoid it. Can you do that in a video game? It'll become another way to screw a over wherever momentum or scripting or whatever starts doing its thing.

I fondly remember handballs in PES4 so would welcome their return. I can totally understand why people who play against other humans would not want them but I wouldn't mind the odd handball adding some drama to my ML games which is the only mode I play. I feel like the sliding tackle is random enough in terms of the ref deciding whether it's a foul or not so I wouldn't have a problem with handballs too.

so you guys want the game to be realistic but at the same time still able to control it ? LOL so who control the hand-ball fouls in reality ? I just want the game to be as much real as it can, that's all :)

Well, technically the players making the fouls "control" the hand ball fouls in reality because the rule says it has to be deliberate and/or the hand (arm) in an unnatural position.

The latest example is from yesterdays match between Russia and Croatia where a Croatian player made himself unnaturally wide (arm in an unnatural position) by moving his upper body, including his arm, toward the trajectory of the ball leading to the foul that lead to the 2-2 goal.

An arm being in an unnatural position and wether a hand ball is deliberate is of course also a refs interpretation, and different refs have different interpretations, and sometimes it's also linked to a national FA, with the Spanish for example calling fouls on almost all hand balls.

So in conclusion the "control" of hand ball fouls is a mix of the fouling player and the ref, meaning it's not just some random thing that the user of a football game shouldn't have any controll over. Personally, I only remember hand ball fouls from "This is Football", and while it was a nice gimmick at first, it also got annoying fast because I as a user didn't have any control over it.

If there where to be hand ball fouls in PES I wouldn't want it to be some random occurence but rather tied into some sort of button control. I've thought to myself before that while double tapping :x: beforms a standing tackle or a shoulder barge in current PES they could introduce that continues tapping of :x: should be a "stop opponent by all means" action with holding shirts, pushing, dragging arms, tripping opponents and such. They could also have sticking an arm out in there if the ball is played so the foul reflects back on the user's action.

Besides that, it could also be tied to a thing many people here are asking for: different refs with different attitudes/interpretations (ref ID). In that way some hand balls could be called without the user's controll and you might not feel cheated or "scripted against".

So hand ball fouls are not just something they could easily put in the game, it has to come with other sets of mechanics, and as a couple of others have already said, the list of basic footballing stuff they need to work on is long enough as it is!

Edit: just reading @orangebard's post made me think that a sliding tackle could also lead to a hand ball foul. This is sort of a 50/50 call in real life depending on the ref because it's an interpretation on the arm being in an unnatural position. So if the game called fouls on about half of all hand balls when slide tackling I guess it would be ok because the user would know he took a chance when doing that slide tackle.

Last edited:
To me it's another useless football game if it doesn't have fouls.

Add referee strictness slider, PLEASE!!!!!!

I'd like to have longer and more intense penalty shootout as well. Now it's way too fast paced and arcade (just like in all football games). Ability to watch replays in PK shootout would be amazing and it'd increase the atmosphere tremendously in tournaments like World Cup.

To me it's another useless football game if it doesn't have fouls.

Add referee strictness slider, PLEASE!!!!!!

I'd like to have longer and more intense penalty shootout as well. Now it's way too fast paced and arcade (just like in all football games). Ability to watch replays in PK shootout would be amazing and it'd increase the atmosphere tremendously in tournaments like World Cup.

Yeah penalties should be reworked. I would love to have a mini game esque shoot out. Something like FIFA has now but yet something different.

Imagine an exciting online match against a player on the same level as you.
You are focused and play very cautious, a few missed shots, parries etc and then CPU decides the winner with a handball in the box leading to a penalty...

No way!

There are enough other frustrating things.

There could be a slider for "handball foul frequency". If there were AI sliders (like in hockey games) WE could determine and dictate how WE like our game to play. Just like the fouls. Other people have completely different playing style and their style creates more or less fouls. If there was a "referee strictness" AI slider, WE could determine what amount of fouls we want.

I want AI sliders. That'd be the MOST important improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom