PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Alright i don’t know much about Modding the gameplay for the PC version and perhaps this would be better served in the Pc thread but ...
would it be possible to take the dt file from the demo and use it in the normal game?
Dont forget that AI shite behaviours in the demo were nicely camouflaged with 5mins matches. Low cross spam was at its max and if AI couldnt get to the wing to cross the ball, they were glitching near the touchline until they went out of the pitch.

30mins would be a bit much for me. But I used to play 10min matches and now im up to 20, so thats twice as long for each match.
And no, I did not notice any difference. Games usually felt neutral till I scored, then I was up against a fence until they equalised.

I've never gone longer than a 20min game before but I just thought it was interesting that 30mins was the max.

Made me wonder if perhaps konami base the game on a 30min match and then add scripted elements for shorter games.

If no-one plays 30min ML matches I will start an ML as Spurs and feedback.

30mins is a long time but I think best time to play a game is when listening to footy commentary for CL/EPL which is what I did last night.

But the moment I feel some blatant script against me, I'll likely stop.

Match 1: ICC Spurs vs Roma - won it 3-1. game felt good -felt spontaneous; me getting back possession after a good tackle (instead of bouncing back to opponent whilst my player gets up and recovers); CPU scored with a FK i could do nothing about. But I smiled when Moura scored the second goal. After that I thought I could sense frustration in the Roma players. And NO 90 min hijinx!

Match 2 (away) : lost 5-3 to Benfica - conceded 3 goals within first 20mins so i put it down to my formation. My players felt lethargic and bounces going to CPU. I scored 3 goals at 86', 90' and 90+2'. i'll play on.

Last edited:
Tempted to install the DEMO and played a couple of matches.
Demo plays nice!
Player animations are smoother.
Everything feel/look more organic.

They really destroyed a good game.:RANT:

Yeah, but it's more than animations. I think that the gamplay overall smells a little bit like PS2 PES.

Dont forget that AI shite behaviours in the demo were nicely camouflaged with 5mins matches. Low cross spam was at its max and if AI couldnt get to the wing to cross the ball, they were glitching near the touchline until they went out of the pitch.

I've played 10 minutes superstar games in PC version. I haven't seen low cross spam, but the AI usually plays through balls by the wings ever if it's able to.

In demo, the AI could be less creative/challeging in attack sometimes. However, when you attack his behaviour it's more human. In the final game the CPU defend like a 11 magnets team and attacks with first time touch cheating way.
I prefer the demo AI.

I'm playing the demo with the goal of enjoying what it's my though, the best gameplay in the Fox Engine era.
And posting here about it, makes me improve my English level :PP.

If I start to feel like a hammer, I'll go to contunue my PES 6 ML.
I'm going to try changing the demo teams in the future. I've have seen that it's possible because there're a few patches that had made it.

You're being very generous. I think it's been dead for more than a decade.
True. Pes has struggled since the Ps3 era for sure. More recently though, the dumbing down of player stats and losing the variety of every game feeling different has been the most depressing changes for me. Let alone the lame shooting and poor ai that tries to hide the inadequate programming skills displayed by the pes team.. Get ready for new boots, tattoos and player faces in pes 2020. Yaay!

The dumbing down of stats imo is an online stratergy. Stops everyone choosing top teams and makes it a level playing field

Still everyone is choosing top teams and have superstar teams in myClub though.

Only on assisted settings though.
On manual I almost only face 3 or 4 star teams and almost feel bad myself if I have a better team.
But I agree that stats don't mean that much anyway unfortunately.

Match 3 : 1-1 vs Copenhagen [ICC]
Lennon transferred in.
Match 4: 4-1 vs Basel [CL]

Still holding my attention

I would certainly still play this game if the attacking AI wasnt so bad. I would be happy with league and cups

Did you see Barça-Liverpool last night? Vintage PES! You (Liverpool) dominate the match, tons of chances, hit it across, hit it straight at the keeper, get one shot cleared off the line, hit the post, while the AI (Barça) gets 3 goals out of 4 shots (until that point) with one a bloody deflection from the crossbar that lands in front of Messi's feet the other a mathematically perfect free kick from the lad. Scripted to hell this game :)

@Rodchenko every Barça game it's scripted for the last fiveteen years, Messi cheats them with supernatural tricks.

Yesterday, I jumped from the demo to the 1.5 final game version, played a couple of matches.
It feels like everything is extremly accelerated, desynchronized and out of control.
It's like the final game has simple arcade focus, and the demo was focused on deeper simulation.

Incredible how the same game can be so different. If only Konami let us set up what kind of game we want, It would be acceptable.

The game last night had midfield battles, fouls, shot and goal variation - the football fundamentals that are missing from pes due to the dire AI. The game last night didn't have any pens so that's one thing pes does well

I wish they'd bring back the 'Scenarios' mode from the Snes days - that would be awesome on PES19.
[...]
Obviously on each Scenario you enter the match at different times (2nd half as Liverpool in CL Final, last 5mins of the match as Man City to try and beat QPR etc.....)

Would be great.....
Oh yeah, I second this big time!
I mean, they don't even have to go retro (they wouldn't have the licence to reproduce the 2005 Champions League final or any EPL game for that matter).

PES 2019 (and I think 2020 too, or at least I hope) has an unprecedented amount of licensed leagues compared to previous PES games...
Why don't they just look at the last week's matches and say "OK, Red Star did a great comeback win against Ajaccio and this is the only thing that keeps their hopes to avoid relegation alive, let's replicate this in PES" or "Wow, did you see that Kortrijk win against Anderlecht? What an upset! Let's have users do the same!" (more or less like it happened in FIFA 12)? Many people would love it, and that would instantly be an almost endless game mode: no-one would stop them from creating three scenarios per week (just saying: one easy, one medium and one hard) and give players a time span to complete them.

Not only we would have another game mode to play with, but they'd also make turn t least some "casual" users into "faithful customers" always coming back for more.

Oh yeah, but it would take people away from that FUT knockoff they call MyClub, I forgot. Nevermind.

Oh yeah, I second this big time!
I mean, they don't even have to go retro (they wouldn't have the licence to reproduce the 2005 Champions League final or any EPL game for that matter).

PES 2019 (and I think 2020 too, or at least I hope) has an unprecedented amount of licensed leagues compared to previous PES games...
Why don't they just look at the last week's matches and say "OK, Red Star did a great comeback win against Ajaccio and this is the only thing that keeps their hopes to avoid relegation alive, let's replicate this in PES" or "Wow, did you see that Kortrijk win against Anderlecht? What an upset! Let's have users do the same!" (more or less like it happened in FIFA 12)? Many people would love it, and that would instantly be an almost endless game mode: no-one would stop them from creating three scenarios per week (just saying: one easy, one medium and one hard) and give players a time span to complete them.

Not only we would have another game mode to play with, but they'd also make turn t least some "casual" users into "faithful customers" always coming back for more.

Oh yeah, but it would take people away from that FUT knockoff they call MyClub, I forgot. Nevermind.
As @miguelfcp has complained many times about and as the ingredients exist throughout the saga, a good “new gamemode”, in my dreams at least, would be if they divided the ML in two game modes with similar mechanics. The one, Master League would be the classic one with 4 Leagues each with a second division or a third even like PES2, starting mandatory with the defaults, using GP instead of real money, imaginary newgens like Ettori, Palmieri, Kruger etc and having a WEFA Championship as the no1 domestic competition.
The other one, the today’s ML can be like it is now, with Improvements of-course, and since carrier mode is occupied by the other game, they can name it “Football Life” as it used to be called ML&BAL years ago.

Alright folks. I just played Match 5. 1st EPL match.

Lei City 2 - 3 Spurs
Ghezal 55, Gray 62 : Kane 19, 45+1, Son 78

Yellow cards
Escudero, Vardy : Vertoghnen, Sanchez, Eriksen

possession 51% : 49%
shots 13(6) : 17 (10)
fouls 4 (0) : 8 (0)
corners 4 : 1
FKs 7 : 3
Passes 360 (312) : 290 (211)
Crosses 15 : 3
Interceptions 50 : 29
Tackles 17 : 37
Saves 8 :3

In this match there was a noticeable momentum shift where I had difficulty keeping he ball in second half - this was when Lei scored. ALso Leicesters 2nd goal felt a bit off cos my DF ran BEHIND the attacking forward which was unnatural (should've been moving to incerpet the ball).

BUT GOOD POINTS ……..

Vertoghnen committed a second foul which I was thought was going to be a second yellow - he didn't get it - it kept the game flowing
Vardy had his misses Leicestr also hit the post twice in quick succession
Lloris had a memorable save at 78'
Rose got injured at 86'

The momentum shift was there but because I'm playing a longer match it felt less obvious.

It felt good to score with Son after that momentum shift.

Overall, it was a good satisfying match with decent immersion....and that is what I'm after

On we go.

Edit : I'll probs continue these escapades in the ML adventures from now (until I hit some immersion-breaking event). Basically, if you get some time try 30min match, game speed -2, (full manual) and tell me I'm not going crazy when I say this is the way PES 19 was meant to be played. For now, I am playing on PS4.

Last edited:
Great looking goals and nicely done video.
I wonder how he got the "replay angle" at 1:17(Neymar). Is this in-game replay or pause replay?
EDIT: Pes Magic said it's from in-game replay. I guess, I haven't watched much in-game replays as it's my instinct to skip it like most of us here.

I wish they can fix the R2 shots for manual shooting.
The R2 shots in the video has ridiculous spin. On manual, the amount of spin/curve for R2 shots is too little so you're limited to shooting near the middle instead of near the corner of the penalty box.

Last edited:
The dumbing down of stats imo is an online stratergy. Stops everyone choosing top teams and makes it a level playing field
a level playing field that they then unlevel with scripting?

konami in a nutshell that would be.

Yeah something like that.. If they announce sliders this year and the AI is somewhat sorted to a 17 level I'd be interested otherwise no

Following the "demogate" topic (I'm stubborn yeah, but for a good reason).

I think the weigh/inertia mechanic in demo makes the AI be more human. When CPU tries to react to any change of direction (it could be a pass, a dribbling, an off the ball move, a first touch control), it can not be done without losing speed. Then, the defenders start arriving late to cover / close gaps. Accordingly to this, marking mistakes appear, then build up feels more fluid and enjoyable.

Yesterday, happened a magic moment. S. Roberto was facing Alexander Arnold on the right wing. I made speed burst to pass him. Arnold tackled and did S.Roberto fall to the ground but he could't touch the ball. S. Roberto stood up inmediatly. The refree marked play in advantage, and Roberto carried on the attack.
It was so amazing that I had to capture it. I'm going to do another comp with this and more details.
We missed a really great PES.

Demo wasn't good either. There was the sneaky move to limit matches to just 5 minutes, since they knew something was very wrong with the AI and they tried to hide it as much as possible. Despite that there were clear examples of cheating and scripted AI if you knew where to look. Don't know if you remember my video showing one South American demo team, the lowest rated one, Colo Colo if i remember correctly, playing like the best Barcelona has ever played, with awfully unrealistic first touch passes executed at light speed and obviously scored with the usual low cross from the flank. @Chris Davies also posted it on twitter as demo feedback.
That was the moment i confirmed my decision to not buy Pes 2019.

Also forgot to mention, relating to what others posted two days ago, about gamespeed. Although by now, i can predict when it is CPU's time to score, exactly when they start playing one-touch laser-guided passes, without even bothering to control it for a millisecond, it seems now that their passing speed or their one-touch passing is a little bit faster, denying some physics or foot planting in most cases. In my both games against Inter Milan in the Europa League , in the first 20 minutes, when they scored all their goals and killed the match, they had something like 85-15 ball possession against me, they were one-touch passing so fast that i could barely watch them. Pressing any button or giving any command input from me seemed so doomed, it was like i was the "cosmetic feature" of the game!
Especially since PES 2015 where the ball possession and controlling became "easier" for the Human-player, even in the worst scripted games against SuperStaR cpU in PES 2018, i cannot remember another game win or loss, where i had less than 40% possesion at worst.

What you say in the first half of that is spot on. The relentless 1 touch passes and super accurate through balls from the AI is impossible to defend against. Even if the AI player is facing the wrong way they will back heel a one touch pass inch perfect . That would be ok if it was the occassional game against Barca, Man City , Bayern Munich etc but it happens against Dundee, Hamilton, St Johnstone its a bit much.
The Script is an annoying one , seems every game is pre determined to have 5 or 6 goals in it. Even 3-0 up and cruising it will bang in 2 top corner shots to even just take the shine of a win and annoy you. This makes goals feel cheap and unrewarding.
Half way through my new ML in Scottish League i have had to stop playing it as it was killing my spirit. After initialy being good on Top Player it seemed to play differently when my TS got into 80s. It was much more fun when my TS was in the 60s . Which makes a mockery of the Team Spirit thing, my team spirit goes up the longer the season goes on and we slide to the bottom of the league.
Think im done with PES19 which is a shame as some of it is great, the graphics, ball physics, attacking play. And you get periods of matches where everything is well balanced and hard fought its brilliant then the boosting kicks in.
Days Gone for me now until PES20 i hope they fix it.

I'm playing superstar 10 min games in PC. It's true that script appears sometimes. But the AI cheating level in final game is sadomasochism. In the demo has an acceptable level (without that the CPU never score). However in defense, demo AI don't make any cheat (no catch up bug, no magnet covering/perfect tackles) and has human behaviours, this makes attack really enjoyable.

Then, if you add to this, the ball freedom, the randoness, the pace, the weight, the ball control, the dribbling mechanics and some other features that the game has lost after Demo, and all the oldschool Pes fans wants to feel in a football game, the summary is that Demo was much better than final game. At least for me.

We only remember mistakes, is human. I didn't remember how the demo feels overall until I played it again a few days ago.

Last edited:
I dont know why some of you like so much of dribbling on this game. The ball is too glued to the players foot. Theres no momentum on players moves and turns. You change direction hoping that your player tap the ball ahead a little bit, but it just doesnt happend. The ball stick to players foot even with a low skilled player. You have to press sprint button every time. Its impossible to wrong foot the CPU on top difficulty levels and footplanting is almost absent. Dribbling is floated as f... omho .

Ball control on PES 2018 is the best I ever see on football game. No touch drible is so realistic and intuitive. It dont need to you to perform combos or stuff. Footplanting is decent and animations are more authentic. You do can pass your marker but you cant dribble all the team.

What you say in the first half of that is spot on. The relentless 1 touch passes and super accurate through balls from the AI is impossible to defend against. Even if the AI player is facing the wrong way they will back heel a one touch pass inch perfect . That would be ok if it was the occassional game against Barca, Man City , Bayern Munich etc but it happens against Dundee, Hamilton, St Johnstone its a bit much.
The Script is an annoying one , seems every game is pre determined to have 5 or 6 goals in it. Even 3-0 up and cruising it will bang in 2 top corner shots to even just take the shine of a win and annoy you. This makes goals feel cheap and unrewarding.
Half way through my new ML in Scottish League i have had to stop playing it as it was killing my spirit. After initialy being good on Top Player it seemed to play differently when my TS got into 80s. It was much more fun when my TS was in the 60s . Which makes a mockery of the Team Spirit thing, my team spirit goes up the longer the season goes on and we slide to the bottom of the league.
Think im done with PES19 which is a shame as some of it is great, the graphics, ball physics, attacking play. And you get periods of matches where everything is well balanced and hard fought its brilliant then the boosting kicks in.
Days Gone for me now until PES20 i hope they fix it.
Our consoles must somehow being connected with a spiritual bond!!!
Until some updates ago, i used to believe the exact opposite, as TS grows it plays better.
After my last save where, the first round with TS below 70 went 4 times better than the second round with constant 80+, i am experiencing the same as you.
I restarted a new save , hope i will run some seasons, before the crappy LiveUpdates end, so i can make a proper edit and let the real ML start!!! :)
What i saw now, i stated with 55~60 TS and won the bloody ICCC for the first time. With score 2-1,1-0 and 0-0. Later in August i signed a SMARTPLAYER and made him captain, rising the TS to over 80 and the goalfest started, most matches go to over 7 goals total!!It feels out of control!!!ALL this in Top player too.

I have an explanation, if you remember from PES 2016 com teams had also TS which was directly related to game difficulty and team power IE: a superstarCOm Huddersfield had 65 the first season, Man united had 85~90 . I believe COM teams have now too TS but it is invisible and it is more blatant IE top player =all teams begin with 90TS,superstar=all teams begin with 95TS. Maybe after all these updates they are tweaking the COM invisible TS and now it is skyrocketing as your teams TS is growing.
In other words it seems as an other cheap COM programming.

I dont know why some of you like so much of dribbling on this game. The ball is too glued to the players foot. Theres no momentum on players moves and turns. You change direction hoping that your player tap the ball ahead a little bit, but it just doesnt happend. The ball stick to players foot even with a low skilled player. You have to press sprint button every time. Its impossible to wrong foot the CPU on top difficulty levels and footplanting is almost absent. Dribbling is floated as f... omho .

Ball control on PES 2018 is the best I ever see on football game. No touch drible is so realistic and intuitive. It dont need to you to perform combos or stuff. Footplanting is decent and animations are more authentic. You do can pass your marker but you cant dribble all the team.

Hi @Danny Henry, all of this was on the PES 19 Demo, and better than PES 2018, I think.
I've made this video a couple of days ago to prove it:

But Konami removed it on the final game for no apparent reason.

Back
Top Bottom