PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Some of the flow complains are valid though. I have no time at all for the fouls in PES 19 because they are usually without any context or realism, or given when an advantage would suffice.

No professional fouls, no tactical fouls, no trips in the box, no handballs and no goalkeeper fouls. 90% of the ones given are usually accidental collisions.

Which all lead to very very dull experience. I've just been playing F1 2018 and the level of detail to replicate the sport is top notch from presentation to gameplay. PES is stuck in the dark ages, how they can charge full price is beyond me. Such a basic game.

Still - I take silly fouls over no fouls. The minute people start complaining about flow and "too many" fouls Konami will just remove the fouls altogether. We will be back to Pes18 or worse and you'll never get a free kick again.
Instead of a flow - complain about AI, coz that where the problem is.

Yesterday i play 3 games ML Pes 2019 and stop there. It's absolut horror and full of scripting hole game.. And next Pes is same ,no changing, same fucking problems and more is coming. They make something new and it's not gonna work.. :D

Asked in ML topic without success. Does anyone know, under what terms do you play VS World Selection Team? It seems it is a new* feature since 2018. (kind of NEW to be honest). Asking just out of curiosity.

@slamsoze is that Neuer (or just his face) at Milan in the last video!? :CONFUSE:
ps: i dont have an answer to your question though.
Yeah dude, he is Neuer. AHHH forgot to mention. This World Selection Challenge is in Master League. Thats why Neuer, L. Shaw, Harit, Bentancur etc are in AC Milan.
This is probably a match played during the Master League season, do not know how. This game and ICC in PES 2018 ML, are two events i have never achieved to be invited.

Yeah dude, he is Neuer. AHHH forgot to mention. This World Selection Challenge is in Master League. Thats why Neuer, L. Shaw, Harit, Bentancur etc are in AC Milan.
This is probably a match played during the Master League season, do not know how. This game and ICC in PES 2018 ML, are two events i have never achieved to be invited.
I believe you play the farewell matches of your retiring players against the World Selection.

Utter respect for all you guys still trying to find some joy in this game. And some say this forum is full of haters.
You have to have nerves of steel, mind of Tibetan monk and heart full of love for that series to deal with this AI..

Still - I take silly fouls over no fouls. The minute people start complaining about flow and "too many" fouls Konami will just remove the fouls altogether. We will be back to Pes18 or worse and you'll never get a free kick again.
Instead of a flow - complain about AI, coz that where the problem is.

The flow is affected though when play is being brought back because two toenails collided 40 yards behind play. This stupidity is the make up of most fouls that are given. We're talking about a game that has no penalties, tactical fouls or any other type of realistic foul, yet you can be penalised for passing or shooting the ball.

Fouls are in Pes 19 just so it can't be said that fouls aren't in Pes 19

The flow is affected though when play is being brought back because two toenails collided 40 yards behind play. This stupidity is the make up of most fouls that are given. We're talking about a game that has no penalties, tactical fouls or any other type of realistic foul, yet you can be penalised for passing or shooting the ball.

Fouls are in Pes 19 just so it can't be said that fouls aren't in Pes 19
Fully agree with everything you said above.

Still - I take Pes with stupid fouls over Pes with no fouls..
Pes18 had no fouls. It had issues, but if you ask me what was the worst - id say no fouls.

I do agree that fouls should have a reason, or purpose. But beggars cant be choosers.
AI cant even dribble or shoot from distance for god sakes and you want them to perform tactical fouls?

My main point is - if we are going to complain, lets complain about root cause of this clusterfuck - terrible AI.
The minute we start complaining about flow disruptions caused by fouls - we will end up with some arcade retarded fifa clone (shit... we are not far from it as it stands...)

Naaa, PES is not a Fifa clone, but it already is a retarded arcade game as it is. The only thing that is still saving PES is the hope this comunity still has on the franchise.

The way I see it, PES 2020 might be a good surprise, or the end for the offline mode. Tbh, I´m not hoping anymore. I think PES is already dead, sadly.

Some bad “news” relating the database, after I faced issues and reading some posts of @Sobakus ?? (If he is the same person) And others in pesgaming.
It seemes they never stopped removing free agents, they just not remove them all as pre2016, but still remove some random??.
It started when I saw some players missing from my 2017 and 2018 ps4 games. Later this year in my second ps profile I launched PES2019 for the first time , to test something, which I had day one in my main profile. I noticed that although the game was “vanilla” , F. Torres and Kiessling were missing from free agents, although in my main game since day one, I had them with preset face and gameplan thumbnail.
So I don’t know if the saving move was that I moved them in fake teams, or it is just a timing issue, but it keeps things around dp and live updates , dark and mysterious. Is it responsible KONAMI?Is the Live Update?is the DAtapack?
It also leads me to the conclusion, that if I buy the game late next year I will probably miss players too. And the reason seems stupid, why in the same console to have less players, in a different version of the same game, just by the coincidence that I remembered to boot the game from the second profile latter?
On the other hand, if it is KONAMi fault, it is like they forcing you, buy the game day one and keep updating rosters even if you don’t play the game.

Some bad “news” relating the database, after I faced issues and reading some posts of @Sobakus ?? (If he is the same person) And others in pesgaming.
It seemes they never stopped removing free agents, they just not remove them all as pre2016, but still remove some random??.
It started when I saw some players missing from my 2017 and 2018 ps4 games. Later this year in my second ps profile I launched PES2019 for the first time , to test something, which I had day one in my main profile. I noticed that although the game was “vanilla” , F. Torres and Kiessling were missing from free agents, although in my main game since day one, I had them with preset face and gameplan thumbnail.
So I don’t know if the saving move was that I moved them in fake teams, or it is just a timing issue, but it keeps things around dp and live updates , dark and mysterious. Is it responsible KONAMI?Is the Live Update?is the DAtapack?
It also leads me to the conclusion, that if I buy the game late next year I will probably miss players too. And the reason seems stupid, why in the same console to have less players, in a different version of the same game, just by the coincidence that I remembered to boot the game from the second profile latter?
On the other hand, if it is KONAMi fault, it is like they forcing you, buy the game day one and keep updating rosters even if you don’t play the game.

Our experiences will save us a lot of money in future because the trust in this company / devs lost.

In 2019, I found out that Defoe got removed from PES 2014 - in my mind PES 2014 was good but if I can't find a player who should be there it totally kills my nostalgic experience.

Makes the game completely pointless - even the sticker album aspect.

I dunno - have gamers become so fickle that they love this crap or are they just oblivious?

Our experiences will save us a lot of money in future because the trust in this company / devs lost.

In 2019, I found out that Defoe got removed from PES 2014 - in my mind PES 2014 was good but if I can't find a player who should be there it totally kills my nostalgic experience.

Makes the game completely pointless - even the sticker album aspect.

I dunno - have gamers become so fickle that they love this crap or are they just oblivious?
It really pisses me off. While it is not a problem on par with the game play, AI, game breaking issues, it is really disturbing. It is so stupud situation, normally it should not even exist as a problem. Since you are KonAMI and you spend your fakin budget on annual licences, make them count on max potential, do not destroy your own product.
An other miserable example of their inability to support the product is the Colombia League treatment, combined with live updates, it has created an "abonded" league, and being locked behind updates, it is not worth even to try fix the rosters. And the free agent pool is flooded with players from there.

Where s the talk about pes 2020? Where s asim tanvir, where s adam bahti bragging about with his brainwashed alternate reality that pes 2019 is a great game.....

Where s the talk about pes 2020? Where s asim tanvir, where s adam bahti bragging about with his brainwashed alternate reality that pes 2019 is a great game.....
The Pes20 is here https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2020-rumours-discussion-thread.80122/
The asim is out, the adam is working intensively hard on the new Master League in Japan.Barely has time to post one tweet per day, so possibly the new ML will have tons of content and new features.

@Lobbedball soz almost forgot to mention #DONTFORGETTHEBOOTS
:P

Last edited:
@slamsoze I am pretty sure it's the datapacks that remove them. But if your edit data save file is created prior to applying any datapacks, all the free agents should still be there. I don't know why they do that. It seems that space is not an issue, as some editors are able to add many new players to the game with new IDs.

@slamsoze I am pretty sure it's the datapacks that remove them. But if your edit data save file is created prior to applying any datapacks, all the free agents should still be there. I don't know why they do that. It seems that space is not an issue, as some editors are able to add many new players to the game with new IDs.
Thanks dude, appreciate your help and the reason you provide seems really legit and makes enough sense. It adds another piece, to how the DataBase of KONAMI works knowledge.

How come the gameplay suddenly looks this good....? Is it the new datapack?
He plays on PC. His version is modded to bits, so I wouldnt go by his clips.

I played couple of matches the other day, after many weeks and two Data Packs.
And while I do have to admit- there were good bits:
- AI was trying to be more creative,
- There wasnt many low crosses
- I've seen more shot variety from them (AI had few low shots)
- I did see some AI errors, missplaced passes and shots

...the game felt really good till first goal. Then AI was jumping onto momentum horse and it was getting hectic and surgical. Especially Cup Match in Europa League was dreadfull. Against Vittesse. Me - nearly 20 shots, half of them on target - 1 goal. AI - 3 shots - 2 goals.
I also didnt see a single skill from AI.
And my biggest disappointment - AI had few chances, where they could hammer the ball from distance, great pass, plenty of space, their player running in on full swing.... and they didnt attempt a single one.

From user perspective - on the ball feels fantastic. First touches are heavier and have more error, unfortunately - shots from distance still very ineffective. Goalkeepers are on a God Mode when you try to shoot from distance.

It HAS a solid core gameplay and I still maintain that potential is there to follow up on that and make a trully fantastic game out of that next year.

Will they tho?

Back
Top Bottom