PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Imho i believe this goal, is the most common and cheasy in pes history . I struggle to believe that R2 has a proper impact . For me it could work without R2.
As far as i remember, these goal when you run vertically in the line of the penalty box, cutting inside from the wing and shooting diagonal to the opposite corner of the goalpost, is a 75% guaranteed goal, for sure since iss pro evo , playstation 1 era.

Yes I agree. The point I was trying to make was even more ridiculous. In the old days, R2 was almost like a MAGIC BUTTON, that would let your player shoot like this, even without lining up your body in the proper angle, proper balance, proper speed (yes it matters, because the need to sidestep to the side of ball) before you take the shot.

So what I mean is, back in those days, R2 disregards all of what you were doing, during the moments leading up to the shot. Holding R2 your player suddenly sways/drift sideways to the side of the ball, leans in and takes the shot, with this animation you see in this video.

And that's why I said it used to be too automatic.

The difference now, is you won't see this animation at all, if you don't prepare your body animation for it (proper this, proper that etc.). And to me, that's a good thing. I don't want no simple preset shot button.

....And this video shows that it's still possible. It's just that you need to be the one doing that work to get yourself into that stance, in order to take that type of shot. I actually think it's way more tactile the way it is now.

As for the amount of curvature that's missing. I somewhat agree. I went into free training, it's hard to reproduce. But in an actual game I'm doing a lot of this stuff, and I'm very aware of what type of shots I'm taking, and my expected outcome.

By the way, I play mostly to "shape" my animation, rather than caring about measurements. There's something in manual that gives it more room for errors in measurement, when u use the correct animation. That's why I have nothing on my screen, no power bar, no arrows etc. It's liberating to play looking and caring only about animation.

Last edited:
Ummm....disagree. Since 2014 it is a goal combination. In 2019 you can miss some R2 shots thankfully again. But nowhere near depending on the skills and on the surroundings as the old games.

New Update File Available (30/05/2019)
A new Update File (Data Pack 6.00 & Patch 1.06.00) was released on 30/05/2019.
See below for details.

■ Updates and Additions
・ Updated face models for some players
・ Updated portraits for some players

■ Other Changes
・ Non-PlayStation® Plus members are now able to play online matches in PES 2019 LITE (free-to-play edition)

■ Fixes
・ A fix for an issue that resulted in the names of certain teams and players not being reflected accurately in match commentary.
・ A fix for an issue that occasionally resulted in a corner kick or goal kick being awarded when the ball crossed the touchline near the corner flag.

・ A fix for an issue that occasionally resulted in a corner kick or goal kick being awarded when the ball crossed the touchline near the corner flag.
Finally referee will take right decisions!!!!! Are you enough with penalties mates?

Finally referee will take right decisions!!!!! Are you enough with penalties mates?

Funny you should mention penalties. Just after installing the update i setup a cpu v cpu match and within a few minutes a penalty was conceded. It was probably purely coincidental but it happened.

Out of Interest, wonder if Konami will implement any of the new rules for next season?

Accidental handball

From next season, any goal scored with the arm - accidental or deliberate - will not count. Similarly if an advantage is gained in the build-up to any attack by the use of an arm, a free-kick will be given.

Crucially, this does not apply to defenders inside their own box, meaning incidents will still be left to the interpretation of the match officials over accidental or deliberate use.

Penalties

Goalkeepers, as things stand, are supposed to remain on their line during a penalty kick.

This rule, though, has been altered so that now they must have one boot on the line when the ball is struck. Whether this will be enforced correctly remains to be seen.

Keepers will not be allowed to touch the frame of the goal (i.e making the crossbar shake) and are also forbidden from 'feigning movement one way' in an attempt to bluff the taker.

Goal-kicks

From next season, players will be allowed to receive goal-kicks from inside the penalty area. The old rule stated that the ball couldn't be touched by a team-mate until the ball had left the box but this one makes a lot of sense.

Opposition players, though, still won't be permitted to enter the penalty area until the ball is 'live' (touched by a second player).

Substitutions

Perhaps the most intriguing new rule.

In a bid to stop time-wasting, players will now be permitted to leave the pitch at the nearest point when being substituted. This is instead of making the long walk across the field of play talking up vital seconds, normally in the closing stages of a game.

Drop balls

Are a thing of the past...

Instead of a drop-ball situation going forward, referees will now give the ball back to the team who last had possession before play was halted. Whether they will return the ball to the opposition if the situation dictates is entirely up to them, as the referees cannot enforce this.

Defensive wall

Another interesting one.

If there are more than three defensive players in a wall at any free-kick - so, more often than not, any time a shot at goal will be struck - no opposition players will be permitted to join in.

The attacking side must remain at least one yard away from the wall, meaning an end to any pushing and shoving when the free-kick is taken between the two teams.

Coin toss

Instead of just picking ends, the winning captain of the coin toss will now also be permitted to choose whether to kick-off or not.

Goal-kicks

From next season, players will be allowed to receive goal-kicks from inside the penalty area. The old rule stated that the ball couldn't be touched by a team-mate until the ball had left the box but this one makes a lot of sense.

Opposition players, though, still won't be permitted to enter the penalty area until the ball is 'live' (touched by a second player).
Would love this to be implemented so that you could build up attacks without having people swarm and intercept/bully your defenders with their OP stat attackers. Always hated it. Can't believe it's the done thing online. These people have no honour!

Handballs - there is no handballs

Penalties - there is no penalties

Drop balls - there is no drop balls

Coins toss - there is no coin toss

Wall - defenders cant interfere with a wall anyway as it stands.

Substitutions - its a cutscene, so cant see any changes here either.

Goal kick - players are always outside the box in Pes, so no changes required.
Im not sure if I understand the new rule as you do, @janguv , but it doesnt really say that the ball becomes "live" only when your team mate touches is. It just says second player. So the "bullying" that you mentioned might as well continue as it was till now. From my understanding - ball can still be intercepted, as long as it happens outside the penalty box..

Although 2020 related, before new rules i would expect the game to flow linear, like the other game, and stop this black screen transition. It is really stupid to have such "loading windows" in 2019. I can't believe this year how many counter attack chances have been wasted for me, by these stupid black screen interuptions in throw-ins while the ball is centimetres near the touchline.

Handballs - there is no handballs

Penalties - there is no penalties

Drop balls - there is no drop balls

Coins toss - there is no coin toss

Wall - defenders cant interfere with a wall anyway as it stands.

Substitutions - its a cutscene, so cant see any changes here either.

Goal kick - players are always outside the box in Pes, so no changes required.
Im not sure if I understand the new rule as you do, @janguv , but it doesnt really say that the ball becomes "live" only when your team mate touches is. It just says second player. So the "bullying" that you mentioned might as well continue as it was till now. From my understanding - ball can still be intercepted, as long as it happens outside the penalty box..

Exactly, time they were implemented.

Exactly, time they were implemented.
Amazing to think that most of them were there in the past..
Even drop balls, which disappeared as fast as they implemented it. I dont even remember which Pes it was.. when player was hurt, referee would stop the match and then did a drop ball. AI was even kicking the ball back towards our keeper in the spirit of fair play. They would also kick the ball out if "saw" player down. I thought it was fantastic feature! No idea why they took it out..

Ps. Any changes post this update? Anyone played more and noticed anything?

Even drop balls, which disappeared as fast as they implemented it. I dont even remember which Pes it was.. when player was hurt, referee would stop the match and then did a drop ball. AI was even kicking the ball back towards our keeper in the spirit of fair play. They would also kick the ball out if "saw" player down. I thought it was fantastic feature! No idea why they took it out..

It´s all about the complains about gameplay breaks. Like fouls. There was a version were we had lots of fouls and lots of people complained about so much stoping the game, because it was breaking the flow of the match. Since then, everything is pure "flow", and they adopted the mentality on pretty much all aspects. Now that I think of it, I guess we´re lucky that we still have throw ins, cause let´s be honest, every time the ball goes out, it also breaks the flow...:BORED:.

Oh my... It´s a game made for those who love to "wax in, wax out" and then repeat... It´s all about pass pass pass shoot on goal, repeat, repeat, repeat... There´s no time or patience for anything else.

On manual vs manual sure there is a time for thinking. You need to be creative. It is a totally different game then

TDUrPN9.jpg

State of things over at the assisted 10v10 league

Long way from realism

The "other" football game is notorious for adding then removing cool things, only to add them back again a few years later as a "new" feature.

Regarding your question about noticing any changes, it was probably just a coincidence but my first game after the update I was awarded my 2nd penalty in nine months.

I think we have the same understanding. Just, my point is that the ball can be passed within the box without an oppo player in the immediate vicinity. That means you could position your CB two yards from your GK for a very short pass to start a move, and the nearest oppo attacker is at the edge of the box. So they can still pounce once your CB touches it, but it'll take them longer to get there. So passing out from the back becomes slightly less easy to disrupt with the bumrush.

I think we have the same understanding. Just, my point is that the ball can be passed within the box without an oppo player in the immediate vicinity. That means you could position your CB two yards from your GK for a very short pass to start a move, and the nearest oppo attacker is at the edge of the box. So they can still pounce once your CB touches it, but it'll take them longer to get there. So passing out from the back becomes slightly less easy to disrupt with the bumrush.
So what about me as a keeper playing the ball for 2 meter but my CB isn’t touching it?! Game is on... would the ref blew the whistle for non sporty behavior?!

Sorry for ot. We might better take the discussion elsewhere.

Has the game since DP 6.0 became again a little bit faster, or it is a placebo?
To me in some occasions, when the CPU starts one touch sequences and I try to break them with super cancel, and especially when more than two players engage, it seemes like they react as the are hit by electricity, they produce some ugly rushed animations, like they tried to tune up the responsiveness but in an ugly way. Also the ball in passing seems to roll, travel and spin a little bit faster and looks more forced.

Has the game since DP 6.0 became again a little bit faster, or it is a placebo?
To me in some occasions, when the CPU starts one touch sequences and I try to break them with super cancel, and especially when more than two players engage, it seemes like they react as the are hit by electricity, they produce some ugly rushed animations, like they tried to tune up the responsiveness but in an ugly way. Also the ball in passing seems to roll, travel and spin a little bit faster and looks more forced.
Funny you should say this... I've been on a little holiday and not played anything for a week or so, came back to PES 2019 to see if it felt any different coming to it "fresh" and...

With the girlfriend next to me, I started shouting "THEY'RE ABOUT TO SCORE" (just to prove to myself I wasn't going insane) with 90% accuracy, on Top Player and Superstar (to which she'd just respond "why are you playing it then" :D)... You can blatantly see the switch from taking an occasional touch, taking a little bit longer to pick a pass, to PASSPASSPASSPASSPASSFIRSTTIMESHOT goal.

In a few games, the AI scored from kick-off (playing this way immediately) and then, as soon as the goal goes in, it becomes a level playing field again...

On an only semi-related topic... Check out Asim's latest tweets, if you get chance. Very revealing, the fact that he's praising EA's communiques regarding gameplay changes in the new FIFA, and when someone asked him (paraphrasing) "are you saying this because you wish you'd had a connection to the devs that allowed you to communicate with the PES fanbase like this, but you can't officially say that", he just replied with a single emoji confirming that to be the case...

I had a private DM conversation on Twitter with him back in January and he already expressed his disappointment and sense of frustration because he felt like his work was not used at all (probably he already had decided then to leave Konami). When i talked about EA he confirmed that he wished he had backing from higher management and dev team the way EA seem to have.

Since then i completely changed my idea about him, i understood he was telling the truth. In the end he was trying his best, but as we have seen so many times Konami Japan is so close minded his job collecting feedback was totally useless.

Didn't report this here yet until now because i didn't want to put him into trouble,you know Konami could have reacted and fired him.

Guys, what changes in the gameplay have you noticed after the latest patch? Is there any, besides of what was written in the description.

On an only semi-related topic... Check out Asim's latest tweets, if you get chance. Very revealing, the fact that he's praising EA's communiques regarding gameplay changes in the new FIFA, and when someone asked him (paraphrasing) "are you saying this because you wish you'd had a connection to the devs that allowed you to communicate with the PES fanbase like this, but you can't officially say that", he just replied with a single emoji confirming that to be the case...
Just checked this after seeing what you've relayed here. Someone else asked him in the same thread if he thought PES would ever turn into a fully FTP myClub game (i.e., the LITE version). Asim said he couldn't affirm that sort of thing, but his guess would be: yes, if it turned out myClub sales were outperforming the sale of the product (digital+physical), they'd possibly do it.

I think that's pretty telling in itself. It underscores how a lot of us suspect Konami is running things these days – purely with a profit motive, and not as a project with a vision and philosophy. Money before the product, basically.

So what about me as a keeper playing the ball for 2 meter but my CB isn’t touching it?! Game is on... would the ref blew the whistle for non sporty behavior?!
It's always possible to create grey areas that aren't explicitly excluded, with any rule. I imagine the refs would probably intervene in the way you suggest to remedy that kind of thing. There's probably a blanket rule/norm about sporting behaviour that's essentially always in effect.

Guys, what changes in the gameplay have you noticed after the latest patch? Is there any, besides of what was written in the description.

I tried it again yesterday after a break in which 3 patches had been released. Didn't notice any changes. Matches are ugly sticky slogfests punctuated by goals that come out of nowhere at both ends with no flow or build up.

Turned it off after 3 games as it still feels like a playtest or unfinished demo. Truly the worst PES in history

It´s all about the complains about gameplay breaks. Like fouls. There was a version were we had lots of fouls and lots of people complained about so much stoping the game, because it was breaking the flow of the match. Since then, everything is pure "flow", and they adopted the mentality on pretty much all aspects. Now that I think of it, I guess we´re lucky that we still have throw ins, cause let´s be honest, every time the ball goes out, it also breaks the flow...:BORED:.

Oh my... It´s a game made for those who love to "wax in, wax out" and then repeat... It´s all about pass pass pass shoot on goal, repeat, repeat, repeat... There´s no time or patience for anything else.

Some of the flow complains are valid though. I have no time at all for the fouls in PES 19 because they are usually without any context or realism, or given when an advantage would suffice.

No professional fouls, no tactical fouls, no trips in the box, no handballs and no goalkeeper fouls. 90% of the ones given are usually accidental collisions.

Back
Top Bottom