PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Tried the game last night. The problem with the game that strikes me first is that the ball feels just weird. Its heavy, slow yet floaty. And this has nothing to do with passing assistance, thats another issue.
I hope 2019 indeed evolves in these areas.

But the game is really pretty on my new PC maxed out.

Went on with my ML last night and played against Tottenham in CL quarter finals.

A really nice match, quite many fouls (yellow for CPU as well) aaaaaaaaaaannnd.....................

.......(you probably won´t believe it)..........................

.........I GOT A PENALTY!!!!! (no dive!)

The first one after 10 months of playing that game :P .
Received the ball in the box and the opponent defender, hit my players leg, who stumbled and fell on his knees.
Ref called it.

All in all it was a very nice game, Tottenham was leading 1:0, then my penalty came and Mbappe, who gets better and better, shot 2 nice (manual) goals.
Afterwards, when the highlights were shown, I wanted to record the foul with the penalty as proof but then my comp crashed (happens quite a lot lately, since I did a windows update).
Fuck!
Now I have to play that game again....I doubt, I´ll get another foul in the box...lol.

last night, i decided to give PES2018 another spin in my PS4Pro. played regular exihibition matches... GER:MEX, SWE:GER and finally FRA:BEL (guess i was inlfluenced by the ongoing WC).
it was quiet fun i have to say. been away from the game for some weeks. had some close matches and even some fouls from the CPU.
thing i'm writing here is one incident in that FRA:BEL match. i lost it 2:0 though... but thats not it! :)
first time since playing 2018 i had the CPU getting a yellow card for diving in my box! :D DIVING in my box! :D
during gameplay, when the ref blew the whristle, i was sure FRA will get a penalty... but they did not! what a lovely scene!
and thats it! it left me with a smile and i went to bed!
take care lads and have a good day!

ps: and yes, i saved it as a video clip!

Started playing pes 18 on PS4 for first time time today and it's actually pretty decent, doing that international tournament thing in myclub with my strip set to Scotland ofc and having a blast.

Getting pumped half my games vs superstar squads but holding my own the others, hardly a bit of lag or cheats which is strange on PS PES, it was the most the most toxic environment ever last year and before but with all these casuals who don't believe they should win every game and play it for what it is, a cpu game, it's a lot of fun.

This probably seems a bit daft to some, but finding the +1 gamespeed to be much more enjoyable than 0. I know some have probably gone this route, but I reluctantly decided to change to it...and will never look back. It's so much better.

I go over it a bit in my video here:

I don't know if you console guys knew, but it seems there's a way to mod PES 2018 for PS4 to the same levels of PC.
The 6 new stadiums (Allianz Arena, Allianz Stadium, Stade De France, Narodowy, Olympiastadion, Old trafford), player faces and tattoos, etc
https://www.pesoccerworld.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=505&t=131671

Unfortunately the link is in Spanish but from what I read, it requires you to hack your PS4.
I don't know the consequences though, you probably won't be able to keep playing online but hey...

Hack the console and lose online to add a few stadiums and tattoos? Yeah I think that's a hard pass for me.

Anyway, I was adding the new guys to Liverpool last night and wanted to play something short to check them out. Started a Konami Cup for the first time in years, and after a few minutes of weeding out the national teams, I was off to the races. Apart from Shaqiri being an absolute beast, just playing this mode was a total blast. Maybe something about every game being a knockout fixture (you can start with groups if you want to) but the whole thing felt very chaotic and fun.
I can see this mode doing nicely until demo time.

This probably seems a bit daft to some, but finding the +1 gamespeed to be much more enjoyable than 0. I know some have probably gone this route, but I reluctantly decided to change to it...and will never look back. It's so much better.

It's been a better Pes 18 since the latest update,and I know your "tricks" improves it as well.
But this game is so unreliable,two three good ML games are mixed with 2-3 absolutely unplayable games.

I still play league mode,but ML is a no go zone

PS4 at level 3 has a serious whitebenching epidemic, almost every opponent has no subs with Ronaldo and or Messi up front, on a seven win streak against these clowns with my star man being Tiquino, can wait till I get a level 5 team so don't need to put up with playing these pathetic desperados.

No way,the game is simply too fast on +1

In the video the CPU doesnt press at all in your own half. As soon as you win the ball from their attacker they retreat. I had your video clip on silent as i didnt want to wake my family so im not sure if you mentioned it. I know this was a problem in earlier versions so it seems they have not addressed it in their updates.

Actually, Matt, I did the same a few months ago. I too was skeptical. Very.
But After a few matches I found myself more focused on the game and having more fun.

A little advice though, since I know you also play it on PC, get Nesa's latest gameplay modules so instead of going +1, you can go +0.5 which is still faster and better but not too much ;)

But After a few matches I found myself more focused on the game and having more fun.

A little advice though, since I know you also play it on PC, get Nesa's latest gameplay modules so instead of going +1, you can go +0.5 which is still faster and better but not too much ;)
@Chuny what value in Nesa's app for +0,5?

This probably seems a bit daft to some, but finding the +1 gamespeed to be much more enjoyable than 0. I know some have probably gone this route, but I reluctantly decided to change to it...and will never look back. It's so much better

I only play on +1. It makes the ball and goalkeeper less floaty and animations and gameplay more fluid.

Man, Im not trying to convince anyone or critisize anyone opinions here but, after I tried manual shot Im really think this is the best football game ever made.

The graphics, the animations are so authentic. Looking at replays highlights its almost looks like a real football match. Looking closer you notice your player looking up the field before he makes a long pass.

The difficulty, the pressure, the build up, the pace, the ways you can set your formations and tactics. The gameplay have some variation against the CPU.

For what i've been seen on PES 2019 videos, the animations and footplanting are looking worse than 2018, I have the slitghtest impression that I will end up getting back to 2018.

Just upload a full match playing against France. Unfortnently I forgot to set overtime and penalties on, but it was a good match anyway. Cheers.

Last edited:
PES 18 is just too end to end..the tactics help but don't fix it as it looks hardcoded in to allow and even help create space for attackers to run in to. There is literally no midfield battles due to space and minimum AI press/aggression. I have a feeling pes 19 will be more of the same that looks a bit nicer.

PES 18 is just too end to end..the tactics help but don't fix it as it looks hardcoded in to allow and even help create space for attackers to run in to. There is literally no midfield battles due to space and minimum AI press/aggression. I have a feeling pes 19 will be more of the same that looks a bit nicer.

Are you playing on Superstar or above? Im asking because I dont see all this space playing on Superstar. Thats the problem with this game. On low difficulties the game is boring. On top difficulties is cheated. Konami just need to tone down the scripting a little bit.

And another penalty without having me to dive.

CL semi final against Tottenham, 2nd game.
Keeper tried to grab the ball but hit my player and received a yellow card.

After like 10 months 2 penalties...lol.
I don´t know if it´s the latest patch but...well probably has to be.

@Danny Henry

No fouls in the first half
That Croatia header for the first goal is so repetitive and boring, I see one like it in every match
Every attack is channeled through a lone striker standing in front of the static back 4 where they wait for him to recieve it then defend
You’re playing a friendly and the AI scripting issues are usually in ML, You also turned emotions off for some reason

Sorry but that was nothing special and I hope 2019 will have better things

It's been a better Pes 18 since the latest update,and I know your "tricks" improves it as well.
But this game is so unreliable,two three good ML games are mixed with 2-3 absolutely unplayable games.

I still play league mode,but ML is a no go zone

Yes, the game can definitely be strange. End to end play - starting with those direct oulets to the strikers. Hit or miss, I agree.

No way,the game is simply too fast on +1

I would say that is true, until I tried it. It's maybe .5 fast, and I'll take that as the ball movement is much more in-sync with the players' movements.

In the video the CPU doesnt press at all in your own half. As soon as you win the ball from their attacker they retreat. I had your video clip on silent as i didnt want to wake my family so im not sure if you mentioned it. I know this was a problem in earlier versions so it seems they have not addressed it in their updates.

Yes, I mention that in the video they are on all out defense and low defense. It's always a matter of the attack/defense + all out defense choices. All out defense, in general, is one of the worst tactical choices in the game. Whoever thought of it needs to be let go or sent to Brad Bobley's soccer camp.

That's crazy, I figured you probably would have. Surely you posted about using the +1 somewhere?

Thanks for the heads up, may give it a go. Honestly, not too fussed about +1 right now, as games are playing quite good for once. Have accepted it's just about that time to move on to 19.

I only play on +1. It makes the ball and goalkeeper less floaty and animations and gameplay more fluid.

Man, Im not trying to convince anyone or critisize anyone opinions here but, after I tried manual shot Im really think this is the best football game ever made.

The graphics, the animations are so authentic. Looking at replays highlights its almost looks like a real football match. Looking closer you notice your player looking up the field before he makes a long pass.

The difficulty, the pressure, the build up, the pace, the ways you can set your formations and tactics. The gameplay have some variation against the CPU.

For what i've been seen on PES 2019 videos, the animations and footplanting are looking worse than 2018, I have the slitghtest impression that I will end up getting back to 2018.

Just upload a full match playing against France. Unfortnently I forgot to set overtime and penalties on, but it was a good match anyway. Cheers.

I think +1 in addition to the 5-second fix are key here to get that compression really down. Trying to mimic that idea of putting players in front of eachother's passing lanes. Just a little bit can make all the difference in the world - especially when the CPU loves sending the ball direct to their attackers...right through the middle of the pitch.

I'll check out the video for sure. Not too sure about manual shooting in PES. I'm not sure why I feel that way either though as I use manual for pretty much everything in FIFA. I guess I have always felt PES plays true to stats. Ironically, PES 2018, to me, is the game that plays so much further from stats than any PES out there. Go figure.

I love that we can use CPU v CPU in PES. That is one thing that is missing in FIFA to me. Enjoyed some time on the FulhamFocus channel in creating a all-star team taking on the World Cup participants. The 3rd match and beyond was played on +1. The flow looks much better, but yes, still some definite gaps due to playing a 4-3-3 and having the center of the pitch wide open. Still, interesting nonetheless.

@Chuny what value in Nesa's app for +0,5?

Hmmm, I'm not sure. Let me report back when I get home mate.

Sorry buddy, my bad. I totally forgot to get back at you.

The speed I'm using in Nesa's latest gameplay speed module (the one he updated for version 1.5.01 I think) is: 0,199.
And Shot Power is 0,75!
Been having a very good time playing a fresh new Master League with Inter using these settings, while waiting to see what PES 2019 feels like.

Sorry buddy, my bad. I totally forgot to get back at you.

The speed I'm using in Nesa's latest gameplay speed module (the one he updated for version 1.5.01 I think) is: 0,199.
And Shot Power is 0,75!
Been having a very good time playing a fresh new Master League with Inter using these settings, while waiting to see what PES 2019 feels like.
Chuny,just wanted to say i remember you were asking if someone sees the pitch getting damaged from players' footprints as the time passes by.
I discovered that if you use any pitch mode that changes the textures then you don't see this thing.The pitch never damages.I tried Makidan's new real pitch mode and the grass never damages.
But if you play with Konami's default pitch then it gets damaged as the time passes.
I only use Turf Colour Mod V1 from Thespeedster84 which only make the pitch greener without messing with textures and DrDoomook's grass mod V3 which only changes the grass shape to look better.
With these two it looks great in game and also the pitch damages from footprints and tackles and you clearly see it.
Maybe you couldn't see it because you're using some mod that prevents it or your gfx mod also prevents it.
Just wanted to say this cause i remember you were asking about it.
When the pitch damages as the time goes by it surely looks better and more realistic and with these two mods i use it's great.Try it if you haven't yet people.

Chuny,just wanted to say i remember you were asking if someone sees the pitch getting damaged from players' footprints as the time passes by.
I discovered that if you use any pitch mode that changes the textures then you don't see this thing.The pitch never damages.I tried Makidan's new real pitch mode and the grass never damages.
But if you play with Konami's default pitch then it gets damaged as the time passes.
I only use Turf Colour Mod V1 from Thespeedster84 which only make the pitch greener without messing with textures and DrDoomook's grass mod V3 which only changes the grass shape to look better.
With these two it looks great in game and also the pitch damages from footprints and tackles and you clearly see it.
Maybe you couldn't see it because you're using some mod that prevents it or your gfx mod also prevents it.
Just wanted to say this cause i remember you were asking about it.
When the pitch damages as the time goes by it surely looks better and more realistic and with these two mods i use it's great.Try it if you haven't yet people.

Oh yeah I know mate (https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/gfx-mod-2-0-new-pitch-grass-added-san-siro.78976/)
But I wasn't talking about THAT kind of pitch "marks". I was actually talking about actual footprints that look like boots stepping or sliding on wet short grass. PES attempt at that isn't very well done, it looks kind of "cheap".
I'm not a fan of FIFA's turfs but they actually do a better job at pitch wear and such.

Back
Top Bottom