PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

How's the lag like?

Depends on what you mean by lag. I never had much problem with millisecond response times in 1v1 or 11v11. Manual players always have to play extra careful, so I feel like we don't ask for crazy sharp reponses...we just budget more time for each action, in general.

So for me, the only time we talk about lag being killer, is in 1v1, when player switching messes us up (especially lateness in gaining control of the defender).

We play fixed player in 11v11, so we never spend time switching players and looking for our player, we just always have him in control. I haven't heard my guys mention lag effecting their games. From what I've seen, if you lag in a serious way (2 bars or 1 bar), the team play server just drops you out of the games, rather than letting you continue to play.

Who mentioned something about goalies most likely to picked by cpu for spot kick instead of outfield players because either their high place kicking or kicking power? Or something?

Is that real?

DW8gGkfX0AADuaC.jpg

DW8g1fyW4AI2NW_.jpg

I hope they'll also add those retro kits (or maybe they have already?). As a Milanista I must admit that Inter's 2009/2010 home kit (the one in the picture) looked absolutely gorgeous.

Can someone explain why Konami even bother with the Brazilian league? The squads are sooo outdated. I know it has to do with licensing issues but it seems so sloppy.

Can someone explain why Konami even bother with the Brazilian league?
Because they reportedly get good sales in South America. Once you've bought the game, though, why spend time/money updating it? We've not even had the "fouls" update (or rather, we have, but it didn't fix anything).

I hope they'll also add those retro kits
Aaaaand THEY WON'T.
I've seen the video on Youtube and at the bottom right angle of the screen there's a tiny notice saying that these classic kits won't appear in the game. Fine print at its best, yay!

Because they reportedly get good sales in South America. Once you've bought the game, though, why spend time/money updating it? We've not even had the "fouls" update (or rather, we have, but it didn't fix anything).

Tbf all other leagues been updated but I get your point. If you look att the PES brazil twitter- account people are quite angry about this since, as you point out, South America and Brazil particular are places where PES sell quite well.

Last edited:
After latest patch surely collision system is a bit better and gameplay a bit more physical in general.I play 20 min matches on -1 speed and i see 4-5 fouls in most matches.I even won a penalty,seen a cpu player get a red card for tackling me and also get a yellow card for diving lol.
I think in 20 min matches the game plays a bit more realistic and balanced as the cpu doesn't rush so much to make chances and score goals like in 10 min matches for example,but plays more patiently.The -1 speed also helps much for achieving a more realistic and patient build up feeling in general gameplaywise.

Had a couple of games last night, and possibly my first games after the patch but can't remember for sure. Just me or does the ball have more weight? The passing seems nicer and the shooting has more oomph! The AI took a couple of pile drivers at my keeper which he parried away. Gameplay in those two games was sensational. I've been playing a season as Tottenham (not my team) and scoring some decent goals. Will have to make a small compilation once I'm finished but you can check out some of them on my username at xboxclips if you like.

That. Here in Brasil we dont have a sindicate that represents all teans and players. The license has to be acquired team by team, player by player... Its very dificulty.

Mm, that sucks. So in your opinion there won't be any squad updates for the brazilian league in PES 2018 I guess? To bad since there has been some cool transfers over there (Lucas Lima to Palmeiras, Gabigol to Santos, Nené to Sao Paulo etc).

It may be my play style but I don't and haven't had any issues with fouls. Certainly on 10 min games there could be a few more but on 20 mins games the balance is almost perfect.

I do like to dribble, though. Not to an unrealistic level but first touches away from oncoming players, bursts past tackles etc.

I can't play any football game as much as I used to but I've recently been playing 2+ games of PES a night and having a blast.

The AI took a couple of pile drivers at my keeper which he parried away.
This is something I'm not seeing at all for example, and I miss it a lot. In my experience (both pre and post patch), the CPU never powers the ball into the net no-matter-what.
I mean, the tipical situation is this:
  • The CPU shoots at goal (with a decent amount of power, just quite not what I'd expect) and my keeper parries it not far from his hands.
  • One of the CPU players reaches the ball before everyone else, with the keeper trying to get back on his feet.
  • The CPU player in front of an open net should smash it home like no tomorrow (every player with just a little common sense would do that), instead he just knocks it in with something that resembles a pass more than a shot, and it always happens that the keeper almost reaches it.

First 2 games of our full manual 11v11 league.

So we started out our 1st game, a bit reserved, but playing quite stable. Opened the scoreboard in first half with a corner.

2nd half, I made a lethal mistake, a back pass directly to opponent CF, Steven Gerrard style. Throwing away our lead in the first game... ToT

My complacency got punished.

It upset the team a bit and everyone was a bit disoriented in the next 5 minutes. Stability was gone momentarily.

Felt very real for me, the psychology and the time it takes to regain stability. I'm loving 11v11 for all these little moments.

We went full strength right after that, tried to get our lead back, but wasn't able to. But played well none the less. Possibly better than before my mistake.

We went into the second game on a good momentum, took the game to them.

Overall I'm proud of how my team played. Created a lot of opportunities with some nice football. Quite organized and some great fluidity displayed individually and collectively.

It's been about 7 weeks of training. We expect to get better and more mature as time goes on.

Here's some vids of both games:

game 1:

first 5 minutes of game 2:

rest of game 2:

Last edited:
Really wanna try myClub because the novelty of collecting Football Pokemon is pretty appealing to me & Konami sure know how to market them Legends, but the thought of playing PES online again makes my Dick fall off.

Really wanna try myClub because the novelty of collecting Football Pokemon is pretty appealing to me & Konami sure know how to market them Legends, but the thought of playing PES online again makes my Dick fall off.

Haha agreed. I play only Online Divisions with manual settings and matchmaking so that I only play others with manual passing (it's relatively easy finding people there in the evening/late night/weekends). I tried the same for MyClub but couldn't match with anyone for half and hour (I tried the evening so I knew there would be people playing) just to see if ANYONE played manual for MyClub but, yeah, no...

So I switched to PA 1 and by God that crap is boring, especially when you face all the 4-2-4. Ronaldo/Messi- bs- teams. Almost got a seizure trying to keep track of the ping pong- ball being played...

Mm, that sucks. So in your opinion there won't be any squad updates for the brazilian league in PES 2018 I guess? To bad since there has been some cool transfers over there (Lucas Lima to Palmeiras, Gabigol to Santos, Nené to Sao Paulo etc).

Yeah... I dont think so... Unfortunately

Have to thank the guys at PesUniverse for allowing us in the community to have a voice. Here's my article that was published today:

https://www.pesuniverse.com/community-spotlight-the-priorities-of-pes-2018-and-beyond/

Great Article, i enjoyed the part about scripting especially. I think you Summerised it perfectly, that for a game that prides itself on being for purists & respects the skill & the wisdom of the player, it all goes out of the window once it scripts a scenario where it scores & its a certantity. It has nothing to do with outplayed or bested, just leaves a rotten taste in the mouth & your angry at the game & not the result or your judgement.

-------

Episode 3 of my Euro 2004 up!

The runners up of EURO 2000, Italy seek redemption after a shock defeat to South Korea at the 2002 World Cup. Also in Group C, it's a Scandinavian Derby in the form of Sweden vs Denmark.

Can someone explain why Konami even bother with the Brazilian league? The squads are sooo outdated. I know it has to do with licensing issues but it seems so sloppy.

As far as i know south american teams have such a big squad and the managers are likely to rotate the whole team but the tool/quads in PES only can handle around 28-30 players?

Last edited:
This is something I'm not seeing at all for example, and I miss it a lot. In my experience (both pre and post patch), the CPU never powers the ball into the net no-matter-what.
I mean, the tipical situation is this:
  • The CPU shoots at goal (with a decent amount of power, just quite not what I'd expect) and my keeper parries it not far from his hands.
  • One of the CPU players reaches the ball before everyone else, with the keeper trying to get back on his feet.
  • The CPU player in front of an open net should smash it home like no tomorrow (every player with just a little common sense would do that), instead he just knocks it in with something that resembles a pass more than a shot, and it always happens that the keeper almost reaches it.

I think you're talking about something different perhaps (finishing tap ins). I meant I saw more shooting from distance and with power from the AI.

I think you're talking about something different perhaps (finishing tap ins). I meant I saw more shooting from distance and with power from the AI.
Yeah, that's what I'm mainly talking about. In a situation like I descibed you'd expect the CPU to smash the ball home, but they always do that useless tap-in which makes no sense instead. It doesn't even look proper honestly.
For the other thing (shots from distance not being powerful enough) maybe I just miss the rockets that we could pull in PES 2015... But I agree that they're almost right now.

Back
Top Bottom