PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Just out of curiosity: Has any admin/mod from Evo-Web sent some kind of "Greatest Hits"compilation from the Feedback section of the forum to anybody working in Konami/PES?. So that it won't be just empty words written in there.

I'm thinking now would be the perfect time. Since they must have started working on PES 2019 by now.

hardly on the top list of complaints but the number of times the game gets the color of the radar dots wrong or completely switched is utterly absurd (for instance me playing in red but the opposite team being red on the radar). Honestly they are more often wrong than not!

Great video! One of the best periods for football in my opinion (but again, remember what I said about gaming in the PS2 era... Maybe it's those damn rose tinted glasses hitting again here).

By the way, are those Spark's and/or Kel's kits? :)

So I'm not the only one seeing it? I thought it was placebo... I played like 10 matches after applying the latest patch (DP3 rosters here with latest live update applied, I haven't committed to any patch yet) and I saw three penalties. One conceded, two won.
The one I conceded and one of the two I won were for the keeper actually taking down a man trying to dribble him, I haven't seen any card though and that's a little shame.

hardly on the top list of complaints but the number of times the game gets the color of the radar dots wrong or completely switched is utterly absurd (for instance me playing in red but the opposite team being red on the radar). Honestly they are more often wrong than not!
I cannot say I have noticed it to be honest. Are you using edited kits perhaps?
If you're on PC, make sure that your uniparam is OK... If you've imported kits the way it's done on the PS4, have you perhaps imported some kits via image without changing the base colour of the shirt in edit mode?

These are the only things I can think of, as I've never noticed the issue until now.

So I'm not the only one seeing it? I thought it was placebo... I played like 10 matches after applying the latest patch (DP3 rosters here with latest live update applied, I haven't committed to any patch yet) and I saw three penalties. One conceded, two won.
The one I conceded and one of the two I won were for the keeper actually taking down a man trying to dribble him, I haven't seen any card though and that's a little shame.
Yeah i also won a penalty and couldn't believe it lol.I went from the side in and when i was about to pass to my teammate their goalkeeper fouled me and boom a penalty!A nice surprise.I think the game is a bit more physical in general after the update which is good.

Great video! One of the best periods for football in my opinion (but again, remember what I said about gaming in the PS2 era... Maybe it's those damn rose tinted glasses hitting again here).

By the way, are those Spark's and/or Kel's kits? :)

Thanks mate. Its my favourite era too, mostly because of nostalgia & this is the football that i grew up watching. Also PS2 was untouchable & still has some of that magic & charm the current one doesn't despite the technological differences.

I not sure who's kits they are exactly but boy do those kit makers namesnbring back memories. I'll check tonight.

I feel like I am seeing more animations for the keepers after the last update. Lots of flailing limbs. I may very well be crazy though.

You are not the first one reporting "new animations" after the latest update. Placebo or not, we may never know.

Never write that you saw new animations, the people who haven given up on the game and don't play it anymore, will tell you that you are crazy...oops sarcasm...

Went back to PES 6 this week & started a EURO 2004 series. Let me know what you all think been having fun playing a classic & recording it.

EURO2004 Kicks off with Group A as Hosts Portugal's "Golden Generation" takes on underdogs Greece. Surely history doesn't repeat itself?

Nice ! Which patch did you use out of curiosity ?

People saying game is different post patch and albeit better.

Anyone care to share their experiences and if they are in any way more than placebo?

First of all; I play only Online Divisions with manual settings and match myself with others with the same settings so I have no idea about Offline etc.

My experience post- patch is that the responsiveness is better than before, players feel more agile and I feel more in control. I do feel the game is a bit faster now though, which might be because of the better responsiveness, not sure I like that.

Player switching is still not flawless but since the patch it's again a little bit better than before. I still have problem with players not understanding that they can take the ball that was aimed for another player if it comes their way.

Other than that it seems to be the same. Fouls and not getting penalty's hasn't been a problem for online imo, I get them regularly.

https://streamable.com/rsetd

I get clipped and the game awards me a penalty.

https://streamable.com/lhm2b

I get hacked down and it is business as usual.

While it is nice that the game is awarding a few more fouls here and there, it would be nice if this was properly addressed going forward.

Well you have already shot the ball so the opposition can't actually take away your chance by fouling you, it probably wouldn't be a penalty in real life either

Not saying that penalty decisions aren't effed in this game, they certainly are.

Well you have already shot the ball so the opposition can't actually take away your chance by fouling you, it probably wouldn't be a penalty in real life either

Not saying that penalty decisions aren't effed in this game, they certainly are.

Way I see it the defender was late, very late, and made contact with me. That would be, or at least should be, a foul anywhere else on the pitch. And if that's a foul anywhere else, then it should be a penalty. But I respect your opinion.

What a bunch of clowns at konami

Theres now a bug where edited player faces all randomly reset to a generic default face so sometimes you play against teams with 11 lookalikes

And any face edits or kit accessories, boots you change sometimes reset god can they do anything right are they all high?

Last edited:

Well, that is shameful. The quality of the stream is so so so bad ...I can not even describe it in words ... terrifyingly. Players in this PES league are at a very low level. They prove that only the players are qualified for these live qualifications.
When you collect the two things, the terrible stream and the terrible players, the result is clear = bleeding eyes and torn nerves :D Well, at least the one who cares about, Konami is not this one.

Multiple instances of the game being whistled off when I get a corner last second, honestly didn't notice this happening pre-update, maybe it did but I just can't remember.

Post update, certain things do feel different. Not wildly, but a little bit.
I would buy the placebo explanation but I wasn't expecting or looking for any changes which makes me suspect they might actually be there.

3podyCxh.jpg

This is what happens when you have a big striker (Lukaku) in this game.

And I'm not even the one crossing it all that much. This is in BAL and I play on the right wing lol

Episode 2 is up for those interested :D

"The Galácticos" lead both their nations into the first mouth watering clash of Euro 2004 as David Beckham's England take on Zinedine Zidane's France, the defending Champions of Europe.

I still think, after this patch and some more games, that the collisions are better and Superstar is a bit more forgiving. I guess it's a nice addition for those who already liked this Pes before.

Sadly, this doesn't save the game anyway for me.

Multiple instances of the game being whistled off when I get a corner last second, honestly didn't notice this happening pre-update, maybe it did but I just can't remember.
It is there from the beginning ,but it is also an official rule in real football since the last year or two years ago.
The fun part is when the Superstar COM wins a corner and the strict about injury time referee, continues the game and not give the final whistle,so you play 3 minutes for +1 given injury time defending corners. when on the other hand ,the given injury time was +2 for example and you even go 1vs1 against the COM goalkeeper, the referee blows the whistle on 01:50!!

It's been in real football for a lot longer than that. But Pes usually gave you a chance to take a corner if you had one with the time expired. Though I'm sure me first noticing that it doesn't always do that now is just a coincidence.

just recently got a windows tablet so thought id install pes 6 with the latest greek patch. Thats my footie fix sorted when im out on the road. The question is how have they messed up this series so much. PES 6, 12 years old, does everything right that pes 18 messes up

Back
Top Bottom