PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

November 16th is going to be a great day!

I better start backing up my PES 2018 folders. I'm sure something's going to get messed up.

I've bought and sold PES already, but my wife noticed that it isn't on the shelf and said "ooh you haven't bought Pro Evo this year (she says Pro Evo so she's a keeper) i'll get it for you for christmas." At first my heart sank but at least now I can tell her to wait until thursday before I answer that properly

I didn't know that about the CPU tactics kilay . . thats ridiculous. ..if you sort out tactics after the patch put them up. . cheers Kilay . . I'm off to bed if I can find it.

Just to explain and to proof my words about advanced instructions

KILAY
i've also sended to you another inquiry about the advanced instructions, and I don't know if your answer is about one issue or the other one , so i try to explain also that
If we try to set the advanced instructions for a team on EDIT MODE, then when we play any kind of match (offline mode) those changes are not recognized when the IA control this team,
so edit the tactics behaviors for a specific team is pretty impossible, it always use the default advanced tactics when controlled by the IA.
Past year (on 2017) was the same, it's a pity don't have this feature working.
Thanks again for support.

KONAMI
Thank you for contacting us again.

We're sorry, however the game does appear to be behaving normally. If the AI controls a team, the AI gets to decide the tactics that the team uses. Advanced Tactics help a player control their team.

If your issue relates to a different problem, please explain it more clearly. A screenshot showing the problem, would also be helpful.

Thank you for your understanding.

KILAY
Thank you again for anwers, but in my opinion, those adv instructions should be customizable for any teams.. Why you choosed to lock them? Every year i tweak the tactics as i like for any teams in the game, a great issue is about advanced intructions. As you know there are really few teams with custom advanced instructions (Barcelona, Liverpool, Atletico, fake Everton, Man Blue and some others) the rest of the teams have the same common adv instruction , and in your db due the lack of license there are a lot of fake teams that usually everybody edit as they like, the impossibility to change the adv instructions also for those teams is only a pity… No sense to lock them (if we don’t like that?) … How can be realistic leave the default adv. Instructions of the Marguarrapena if this team doesn’t exist? Or if the next year Barça totally changes his style of play and stop use tiki-taka? Or Liverpool stop to use Gegenpress? I can’t change it. Please think about that for next year edition. Please also to think about 'number of players in att/def’ that in past years we was able to change, Why you removed that? It was really useful. We need a more deep customization . And we really need a new role (the WingBack) . Thanks again for your time.

KILAY
i've also sended to you another inquiry about the advanced instructions, and I don't know if your answer is about one issue or the other one , so i try to explain also that
If we try to set the advanced instructions for a team on EDIT MODE, then when we play any kind of match (offline mode) those changes are not recognized when the IA control this team,
so edit the tactics behaviors for a specific team is pretty impossible, it always use the default advanced tactics when controlled by the IA.

KONAMI

We're sorry, however the game does appear to be behaving normally. If the AI controls a team, the AI gets to decide the tactics that the team uses. Advanced Tactics help a player control their team.

If your issue relates to a different problem, please explain it more clearly. A screenshot showing the problem, would also be helpful.

KILAY
Thank you again for anwers, but in my opinion, those adv instructions should be customizable for any teams.. Why you choosed to lock them? Every year i tweak the tactics as i like for any teams in the game, a great issue is about advanced intructions. As you know there are really few teams with custom advanced instructions (Barcelona, Liverpool, Atletico, fake Everton, Man Blue and some others) the rest of the teams have the same common adv instruction , and in your db due the lack of license there are a lot of fake teams that usually everybody edit as they like, the impossibility to change the adv instructions also for those teams is only a pity… No sense to lock them (if we don’t like that?) … How can be realistic leave the default adv. Instructions of the Marguarrapena if this team doesn’t exist? Or if the next year Barça totally changes his style of play and stop use tiki-taka? Or Liverpool stop to use Gegenpress? I can’t change it. Please think about that for next year edition. Please also to think about 'number of players in att/def’ that in past years we was able to change, Why you removed that? It was really useful. We need a more deep customization . And we really need a new role (the WingBack) . Thanks again for your time.

Well done kilay don't take any crap . .I wasn't even aware of this.

^ Phew..

Distance from headers come from how much power u can put into it, depending on your body shape. Super cancel is your friend, reshape your body and pull behind the ball a bit more.

Two 2v2 manual games from today. Had a lot of fun.

Nice videos, just watched the first, I liked the play at 8:10 where you found some space and switched it, I love doing that. Goal came from it here but from the typical stealing from the defender :(.

Nice super cancel from the 9:50 keeper kick too, noticed you weren't winning the header and went to intercept instead.

KILAY

KONAMI

KILAY

I feel like this was working before one of the updates? I had used the False 9 for the CPU quite a bit, and they seemed to do what they're supposed to do.

I have resorted to just moving the players into their true position on the pitch. That allows a bit more compression versus endless space. It's not great, but it's manageable. The base of PES is just too far off the mark. [hoping for patch comment]

I feel like this was working before one of the updates? I had used the False 9 for the CPU quite a bit, and they seemed to do what they're supposed to do.

I have resorted to just moving the players into their true position on the pitch. That allows a bit more compression versus endless space. It's not great, but it's manageable. The base of PES is just too far off the mark. [hoping for patch comment]

i don't know, but for me never worked if the IA control the teams , try with Barça or Liverpool then with another team like Roma (or a fake team) , check the advanced instructions highlighted, with really few exceptions all the teams (controlled by IA) use only def adv instructions during the match, the IA never highlight the red ones.

EDIT And this is really clear also removing all the adv instructions (all on OFF) from a tactics, when you play versus this team it higlights the same adv. instr. (default)

Last edited:
DOfuLOXWkAAmC3x.jpg:large

My life is finally complete. I can die forever.

Nice videos, just watched the first, I liked the play at 8:10 where you found some space and switched it, I love doing that. Goal came from it here but from the typical stealing from the defender :(.

Nice super cancel from the 9:50 keeper kick too, noticed you weren't winning the header and went to intercept instead.

Haha, yeah I like to lift my head and read the whole field (I mean..the map) whenever I'm given time on the ball (or off the ball, in team play or co-op).

Regarding super cancel. I like @2:08 (of the 2nd vid) where my buddy telegraphed a pass with body gesture, and then used super cancel to turn, on the touch. You can do some pretty delicate stuff with super cancel. In this case, it was a pass cancel/shot cancel. It's different from []+X standard shot feint, it doesn't come with a full leg swing always, and it's not as rigid in the way it throws your body momentum. You can cancel anytime during the animation, so it could be pre-swing, early swing, mid swing, late swing (where late swing would be the same as []+X shot feint, but with super cancel you have better freedom on the touch u make. []+X is locked to a cutting an exaggerated chopped turn on the touch (or swing and stop, if u don't press direction), which has it own uses sometimes). There were many more examples in my super cancel video I posted a few weeks back.

Also, in co-op i use it for offball movement a lot, just hold super cancel down (HOLD R1+R2) and reposition yourself in full freedom. That defensive moment u mentioned was done with that.

The best example of that here was @10:42 (of the 2nd vid),where i layed off the pass to the CB, and immediately pulled myself wide to pull the defender over, hoping to open a lane through the center

The Estadio Nacional de Chile looks stunning. It seems it comes with Exterior view? Surprising!

I hope Emirates comes with its exteriors as well!

I cant believe that a new patch is coming out on my birthday. Time to skip work and enjoy the game. Are folks still playing on game speed -1?

The textures don't look HQ at all!
There are some clearly visible pixels there. And what's up with the eye mapping?

Hi

Does anyone on here play co-op with any players from differing regions, I have US version but can't join or see my UK mates clan, any help appreciated

Back
Top Bottom