PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Hmmm those look more like faces made by the comunity than Konami's. Are you sure those pictures are coming from an official source mate?.

I do find the keepers at times a little bit too hard to beat, I don't know if it's because I use basic shooting or not.

Is Manual/advanced better/more rewarding do people find?

Hey folks,

Anybody got any comments regarding the new patch? It was out today right?

Been struggling in defence with the cursor changing recently, and am hoping the patch rectifies things like it says it should

After a busy, stressful week at work, PES, with the missis on night shift at the hospital, was my prescribed medicinal requirement.

7 minutes in, Dolberg (a must for ML fans, ridiculous stat gains) produces a Bergkamp-esque first touch then sublime chip into the top bag.

Lovely build-up play, a deft cushioned volleyed pass set up ‘Dolly’ .... he did the rest.....

After a busy, stressful week at work, PES, with the missis on night shift at the hospital, was my prescribed medicinal requirement.

7 minutes in, Dolberg (a must for ML fans, ridiculous stat gains) produces a Bergkamp-esque first touch then sublime chip into the top bag.

Lovely build-up play, a deft cushioned volleyed pass set up ‘Dolly’ .... he did the rest.....

Is that L1 or R2? Do u find dinks easier to score than top of foot or instep shots? (coz i keep getting everyhing saved by keeper :EMB: )

Is that L1 or R2? Do u find dinks easier to score than top of foot or instep shots? (coz i keep getting everyhing saved by keeper :EMB: )

L1 is my preffered technique, timing, body angle and player stats are very important, but over the years this type of finish I’ve kinda nailed, for the most part, plenty of game time.

Just scored another variation, the standing lob, love this one...

I think the older fans will just play the better game, the majority of older fans are ex pes / winning elevan fans like me. You'll get a few loyalist to both games. I think the problem with pes is not only has it got to be better on the pitch than fifa , which imo it isn't this year, for most it's got to be vastly better due to the poor single player modes and lack of licences (pc and ps4 have option files but not everybody has the time to faff with that and messing with tactics for every team)

Playing online Co op with randoms yesterday. My god people have no idea how football works.

You end up playing like pre school kids everyone running with R1 pressed in and spamming pressure. Even if you try and slow it down everyone runs away from you trying to get on the end of a quick throughball.

It's an absolute shit show.... Yet I can't stop playing the infernal thing

I think the older fans will just play the better game, the majority of older fans are ex pes / winning elevan fans like me. You'll get a few loyalist to both games. I think the problem with pes is not only has it got to be better on the pitch than fifa , which imo it isn't this year, for most it's got to be vastly better due to the poor single player modes and lack of licences (pc and ps4 have option files but not everybody has the time to faff with that and messing with tactics for every team)

Pes has a mountain to climb and yes there are some people who buy Fifa for the strips, stadiums and Sky sports feel and playing with sliders for a year and good luck to them. I actually enjoy Pes with all it's faults . .a back heel or a lofted pass to the wing wouldn't put me off playing it . ..the long awaited patch could improve the game or possibly make it worse.

Playing online Co op with randoms yesterday. My god people have no idea how football works.

You end up playing like pre school kids everyone running with R1 pressed in and spamming pressure. Even if you try and slow it down everyone runs away from you trying to get on the end of a quick throughball.

It's an absolute shit show.... Yet I can't stop playing the infernal thing
I find I get better games in co-op if I use the clan match option, even when trying to play with randoms.

If you limit the search to rooms with no password and open entry, you can join one without the ball icon (match in progress) and when all players ready up it searches for opponents. If they have a low level or atrocious record then you can leave and find another. You can also host your own clan room with those settings, wait for others to join and then you get to choose the team/tactics too.

I know what you mean though, most people play horribly... Never come short to give you options, take first touches directly into opponents, charge forward to tackle with CBs (so opponent has an easy chipped through ball), spam the L1+Pass to make defensive and midfield players bomb forward (leaves you open on the counter, drains stamina, removes a deep ball retention option)... I could go on...

Had more luck finding those occasional good teammates in open clan matches though, may be worth a try!

Those solo+CPU players and MyClub World XI teams are bullshit though, really wish you could filter them out.

DOSdAh_W4AEVVGo.jpg:large

Thx Vanished

I know this one must be quite average for you guys... and it isn't even a goal. But I loved doing it. Watched the replay in awe many times.

I think this isn't possible v humans currently. It was possible in the demo, maybe in the beta as well. But they boosted the [] and X pressure so much, anything in the vicinity of the defender gets automatically intercepted, or u get a collision animation from body check, without foul.

U can do larger wrong footing movements (like half a meter away from defender, which is mostly what I do during the game), but to skip away from an extended leg, just shy of interception, that has gotten really tough to do, and I don't think the defensive side deserves to get the ball that easily just from [] and X (basically just holding buttons, spamming pressure).

But nice to see there's still freedom in some v COM difficulty levels, the rigidity of pressure and defensive commands can make the game quite boring sometimes, depending on who u play. But that's a problem that's been there for years. Everyone thinks defense is a game of "whack a mole". Just squashing whomever has the ball ASAP
whack-a-mole2-487x365.jpg

Last edited:
I think this isn't possible v humans currently. It was possible in the demo, maybe in the beta as well. But they boosted the [] and X pressure so much, anything in the vicinity of the defender gets automatically intercepted, or u get a collision animation from body check, without foul.

U can do larger wrong footing movements (like half a meter away from defender, which is mostly what I do during the game), but to skip away from an extended leg, just shy of interception, that has gotten really tough to do, and I don't think the defensive side deserves to get the ball that easily just from [] and X (basically just holding buttons, spamming pressure).

But nice to see there's still freedom in some v COM difficulty levels, the rigidity of pressure and defensive commands can make the game quite boring sometimes, depending on who u play. But that's a problem that's been there for years. Everyone thinks defense is a game of "whack a mole". Just squashing whomever has the ball ASAP
whack-a-mole2-487x365.jpg
Your understanding of PES is ace mate.

One of the most difficult things to do in PES is the turn defence. Once you are on the back foot it's a massive slog that try and get back into defensive structure. I am all for it but wish I improve my control over my retreating defenders sprinting backwards and trying to close down a ball carrier at the same time as I concede 90% of my goals online this way

I find getting goal side then trying to disposses is so much better than the previous years of tackling through the back of players unfortunately it takes a while to unlearn previous bad habits.

Back
Top Bottom