PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Maybe this auto shieldling could be a good thing. But it must be applied in the right way. It must be stat based too. This can add some freedon from player to the ball, you know?Make ball controlling more variated. Imagine if you give the ball a bad first touch, and the marker is running at you, and your player puts the body between the ball and the marker while the ball bouces away off you control.
Like I said, it can be a good thing and it can add some good hustle on mid field but it must be very balanced and not that easy to perform.

Sorry for the bad english.

Last edited:
Trust me .. know way more about mo-cop and game programming compere with you .
Just throw shits around without having any idea what you are talking about .

Listen. Motion capture eliminates sliding. Yet PES has players sliding all over the pitch, get that in your head. It can't be motion captured and have players sliding. That's just the basics. Now go on and try to convince people that PES 2017 was motion captured, nobody would believe you.

Listen. Motion capture eliminates sliding. Yet PES has players sliding all over the pitch, get that in your head. It can't be motion captured and have players sliding. That's just the basics. Now go on and try to convince people that PES 2017 was motion captured, nobody would believe you.
??? even with motion capturing there can be sliding!

??? even with motion capturing there can be sliding!

Not while running and turning. Cuz they are using real players to move, so footwork would look identical. Just compare the footwork of PES 2010 and then PES 2017. I'm not comparing games here, just the basics like running, walking, turning. It's certainly more realistic than PES 2017. Footwork is the key for motion capture, with that you can see whether a game is motion captured or not. Use FIFA as an example. Sure there are certain aspects that would have sliding like errors, broken animations, and lack off. But that's their jobs to identify. But for the most part, you won't see sliding.

Not while running and turning. Cuz they are using real players to move, so footwork would look identical. Just compare the footwork of PES 2010 and then PES 2017. I'm not comparing games here, just the basics like running, walking, turning. It's certainly more realistic than PES 2017. Footwork is the key for motion capture, with that you can see whether a game is motion captured or not. Use FIFA as an example. Sure there are certain aspects that would have sliding like errors, broken animations, and lack off. But that's their jobs to identify. But for the most part, you won't see sliding.
so when did sliding actually bother you then?! when standing still?
i guess i know what you are trying to say and im with you: lets motion capture everything. but there will still be sliding... i hope not, but im sure it cant be fully eleminated this or the next year. the motion of a run or walk can be accurate as hell but that doesnt mean the player (object) wont slide. just my opinion, but im not into game programming so... ;)

so when did sliding actually bother you then?! when standing still?
i guess i know what you are trying to say and im with you: lets motion capture everything. but there will still be sliding... i hope not, but im sure it cant be fully eleminated this or the next year. the motion of a run or walk can be accurate as hell but that doesnt mean the player (object) wont slide. just my opinion, but im not into game programming so... ;)

On PES it seems everything. Lack of footwork is when sliding shows. When I say eliminate, I meant for the most part you won't see it while playing, unless you go zoom in and go slow motion frame by frame cuz that's just nitpicking. On PES 2017 you can clearly see players sliding all over the pitch during play. I'm convinced that PES 2018 would be the next big step for animations and footwork would improve big time. Again if PES was using motion capture for all their games, you won't see this as a new feature. Let's just be optimistic here.

Last edited:
I don't see people sliding,really.

The sliding is very noticeable. But that doesnt mean it wasnt motion captured. They just couldnt sync the animations with the field properly. But it resulted in more responsive gameplay compared to PES 14. Which was a better compromise.

Doesnt mean I dont want good animations, but I just hope they keep the response intact.

from what i seen, i believe the animations will be much better this year. it's been stated the FOX engine is smoother animation wise than FROSTBITE engine is.
i don't think responsiveness will suffer. look at Fifa.
but i don't want to see great passing and shooting if players are off balance just to improve responsiveness.

what about 3d grass? Is it in real time or just cut-scenes like 2017.

Last edited:
Haven't we heard that before? I hope this is literal though and not counting previous PES as part of that 3 yr in the making.

Proof will be in the pudding anyway.
I hope it's real because PES animations are really bad since a couple of years. Too robotic, à lot of transitions of the motion are missing. Ok the gameplay is good but fire shoots and bad animations, i dont want to see that anymore!!
If it's a new engine with a lots of great stuff :
* realife animations
*Injuries
*Clever IA

I will maybe buy it.
Adam Bhatti often lies so only real videos of PES 2018 will change my mind.

Last edited:
If you want to see sliding movement in Pes 2017 just control Messi and try to move him quickly left and right. You will notice it when he is dribbling. Unnatural movements.

3 years to implement a new animation system is a lot of time, i can't help but to expect a really noticeable improvement.

Hmmm I thought I saw one tweet by Adam two weeks ago (give or take) in which he said something like "When you see the future of PES you'll wonder how we did all this in one year"...

Yea, slightly confused as well. Honestly, not sure why they would market a 3-year in development game. FIFA said the same thing about FIFA 17, and look what they did...made the ball smaller, maintained jogging animation and made the goalkeeper still dive underneath the ball.

It's like when you ask your employee to draw up a simple budget spreadsheet, but instead they've created a complicated flowchart on how to create a budget sheet. SMH.

hat about 3d grass? Is it in real time or just cut-scenes like 2017.
Cut scenes are rendered real time though.

But yeah, 3D grass isn't visible during normal gameplay even though cut scenes are realtime. But most of the cutscenes are locked to 30 FPS remember? 3D grass is probably turned off during free kicks and goal kicks to ensure 60 FPS during gameplay.

It will be same in PES 18 I guess.

I hope it's real because PES animations are really bad since a couple of years. Too robotic, à lot of transitions of the motion are missing. Ok the gameplay is good but fire shoots and bad animations, i dont want to see that anymore!!
If it's a new engine with a lots of great stuff :
* realife animations
*Injuries
*Clever IA

I will maybe buy it.
Adam Bhatti often lies so only real videos of PES 2018 will change my mind.

This is the response I got from Adam:

Sorry to hear it lost you, but PES 2018 will for sure shock you. PES 2015/16/17 all have a clear link, PES 2018 a clear change. Love it

This is the response I got from Adam:
Thanks for this quote of AB
I really hope big changes will come with PES 2018.
The licence need a new start.
ISS PRO et Winning Eleven 9 were masterpieces games. I want a PES 2018 with that spirit : new gameplay, new menus, a hard game to master but a masterpieces.
Licences are not a problem with the big community of Pes.
So i think we want all a deep soccer game, with a lots of modes with a very good ML, a strong netcode and a masterpiece gameplay.
I want to believe...

I hope it is. Look if it's similar to PES 2013 with just better graphics and animations I would be happy as I feel it's a good start.

I hope it is. Look if it's similar to PES 2013 with just better graphics and animations I would be happy as I feel it's a good start.
Agreed.

The gameplay and player movements of PES 13 were responsive. But back then players didn't slide all over the place.

PES 13 really had great gameplay.

How mysterious can you get? Are they using a new engine?
Well this was his response to a previous question I've asked:

Hey Lami. Long time. It's it not a new engine, it's bigger improvement in certain areas that have taken longer than a year. Thanks

So still using the fox engine obviously and done bigger strides I guess.

Konami continuing to improve the engine makes sense, I don't know how good their engineers are and the main guy behind the FOX Engine left (Julien Merceron) when Kojima was fired. Think he's with Bandai Namco these days. The engine was a nightmare to deal with however, MGS V suffered major content cuts during development because a lot of the content simply couldn't run on PS3/360. But this whole '3 years to make' stuff about the animations just seems far fetched.

Also didn't know you left the player's database team before the end, Lami. Guess it was just too much nonsense for you to deal with. I feel ya, even the platform to work on was very barebones and wonky to deal with. That right there showed me why Konami are in the position they are and that the team in Japan has really limited resources to work with, no wonder the games turn out the way they do. Those fellas at PES Productions are saints for putting up with it. They would probably be able to do really good things if only they had proper management and a higher budget.

Checklist for playtesters:

• The single-player game.

Please don't come back gushing about PES2018 having not actually played it.
They do have the opportunity to play single player but seem to always skim over it I the previews. I can't understand the logic of not putting the game through its paces maybe it's time that is very restrictive

Guys it's not the engine that is the problem. FOX Engine is a beast. It's just the fact that PES does a yearly release, that it gives them so little time to work. Most games takes years of development to make just one game. So a 3 year development is an excellent news. Finally we would see the real power of the FOX engine.

Back
Top Bottom