PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

There's not catch-up bug because there's no individual speed at all!
If I recall, getting past opponents using sprint/speed-burst or simply by dribbling, was close to impossible. Or, actually... impossible. So there's was no need for the catch-up, you could never out-run or take on rivals without passing the ball.

At least, that was my experience- And the main reason (along with the no-responsiveness of the game)- for me to hate PES 2014.

Probably PES 2014 but PES 2015 Demo had the best player individuality I have seen in any PES series.

I'm overly confident in PES 2018. Adding the walking/jogging speed, along with regular speed (don't know how else to call it) and then sprinting can make THE difference for this game.

It can't come soon enough.

Not only that but if you refuse to see PES growth for the past 4 years then you are either dumb or blind.
I don't know what Adam has done in the past or why is there so much grudge against him (maybe he deserves it, I don't know) but what I do know is that the steps they've been taking from PES 2014 to 2017, even if short ones, have been all in the right path. I haven't yet seen them fix one thing only to break another.

PES 2014 Awful responsiveness and low individuality -> PES 2015 Fixed
PES 2015 Awful keepers -> PES 2016 Fixed -> PES 2017 Completely Fixed
PES 2016 Aweful refs and bad shooting -> PES 2017 Fixed.
(These are just the first ones that came to my mind, I'm sure there must be others)

As I said... they take baby steps. But in the right path.

nonsense .
responsiveness is still very bad
keepers are a joke
refs refuse to give red cards on faults from behind
shooting? maybe better , but 99% headers are goals - what a joke
the cherry on the top - the only thing that it is getting worse with ever game in the series is : ONLINE mode. seems to be built by money greedy skunks for cheaters. coin buyers get advantaged. mommentum everywhere. muddy, unresponsive crap. online should be the only reason to keep us buying every year a little update for the price of a new game, but all they do is try to convince us not to do it.
maybe some improvements have been made over the time here and there, but not enough to count. we are getting charged a full price for merely an update.
never forget that pes2013 had 3D grass and 2017 still doesn't. we used to have winter with snow. we had MLO... all that was good was distroyed in favour of $$$ mining.
it is not negativity. I'm just tired of the hyping and lies...

Last edited:
I boycotted PES last year, because of their treatment of the PC version...Fox Engine dumb-downed even though they had a PC release of another game using the SAME ENGINE that was better than console version that came out 2 years ago (MGSV).

Now, it seems they are finally ready to give PC players the full potential of the game, I might consider buying again. Especially, after my terrible experience with FIFA17 lagfest.

I'm overly confident in PES 2018. Adding the walking/jogging speed, along with regular speed (don't know how else to call it) and then sprinting can make THE difference for this game.

Wait are you serious? That's something I have always wanted in PES. And always to have the stamina bar act more like FIFA where it drains down stamina the more you run/sprint and regenerates when you are jogging/walking. We can even have a stat for how quickly stamina regenerates too. So players like Kante can have quick stamina regeneration. That is like my dream for a feature like that.

Wait are you serious? That's something I have always wanted in PES. And always to have the stamina bar act more like FIFA where it drains down stamina the more you run/sprint and regenerates when you are jogging/walking. We can even have a stat for how quickly stamina regenerates too. So players like Kante can have quick stamina regeneration. That is like my dream for a feature like that.

Yeah! I've been craving for that for so long, pal.
It just isn't realistic anymore at this point in time to only have 2 different speed types. WE ARE IN 2017 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!. Football is all about speeds and changing pace nowadays. I mean, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Mbappe, etc... have made a whole career out of their speed bursts and pace change.

Yup, this is potentially massive. We've been asking for it for years!

yeah, good stat idea. More stats the better.

Probably PES 2014 but PES 2015 Demo had the best player individuality I have seen in any PES series.
i noticed individuality more on player camera.

this is something i overlooked and hope to see it. 2018 is looking special.

nonsense .
responsiveness is still very bad
keepers are a joke
refs refuse to give red cards on faults from behind
shooting? maybe better , but 99% headers are goals - what a joke
the cherry on the top - the only thing that it is getting worse with ever game in the series is : ONLINE mode. seems to be built by money greedy skunks for cheaters. coin buyers get advantaged. mommentum everywhere. muddy, unresponsive crap. online should be the only reason to keep us buying every year a little update for the price of a new game, but all they do is try to convince us not to do it.
maybe some improvements have been made over the time here and there, but not enough to count. we are getting charged a full price for merely an update.
never forget that pes2013 had 3D grass and 2017 still doesn't. we used to have winter with snow. we had MLO... all that was good was distroyed in favour of $$$ mining.
it is not negativity. I'm just tired of the hyping and lies...
don't disagree with the rest but:
responsiveness is still very bad? No way, i don't wait for any inputs to happen.
keepers are a joke? No way, more like overpowered, keepers coverage ability is to high they can dive unrealistically far.
99% headers are goals? not manual play.

Adam and Asim are hyping PES 2018 as the best PES ever.
from what i'm seeing it might be.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that I hated PES 2014... Yet I agree it was frustrating at times.

I'm completely happy with PES 2017 (I own the full version for PC and the trial one for Xbox One and I'm almost happy with both: PC is editable but less advanced in terms of graphics/lighting, XB1 is top notch in terms of visuals but cannot be modded) so I'm really looking forward to having the best of both worlds next year on PC.

Like many of you said, hopefully they don't start all over again but just refine what they've done till now (and they've come a loooong way since the release of PES 2014 which was barely playable at release).

Guys I have a strong feeling that Bayern Munich would be an exclusive partner with Konami. They no longer have EA as partners in their site. So maybe Konami made a huge offer similar to Barcelona. I mean PES has exclusively Camp Nou for another 2 years and many benefits. Maybe Allianz stadium would be exclusive too. The only reasonable big team that is availabe to sign for this year is Bayern Munich. Just guessing but it seems so right.

Guys I have a strong feeling that Bayern Munich would be an exclusive partner with Konami. They no longer have EA as partners in their site. So maybe Konami made a huge offer similar to Barcelona. I mean PES has exclusively Camp Nou for another 2 years and many benefits. Maybe Allianz stadium would be exclusive too. The only reasonable big team that is availabe to sign for this year is Bayern Munich. Just guessing but it seems so right.
i like this and would love more German teams but i think they are going for partnerships in other leagues they don't have yet to improve sales world wide.
France Ligue 1
Serie A
Primeira Liga
maybe teams
S.L. Benfica
Inter Milan
AS Monico

Last edited:

Main point. PES will never be realistic withot this THING or call it whatever you like.
Possibility to choose any player and run ravingly whole match is ridiculous by itself and it should been stoped even on prevous version of PES.

Now, imagine a PES in which player who is in "rest" attack a deffender who just finised his comeback to defence from a long run in attack. What a difference that would be.

Can I just confirm, is this a wishlist or something that they've discussed on Twitter? I'd love to see this as well, but has this been discussed for this year?

I think it's something that has been inferred from the teaser trailer. There is a part where one player goes from running to jogging. But that's after a celebration goal, not during a gameplay action. I don't think it has ever been confirmed it is in. They never discussed it on Twitter, either.

Are you sure EA are no longer partner in their site?

https://fcbayern.com/en/club/partner

There's not catch-up bug because there's no individual speed at all!
If I recall, getting past opponents using sprint/speed-burst or simply by dribbling, was close to impossible. Or, actually... impossible. So there's was no need for the catch-up, you could never out-run or take on rivals without passing the ball.

At least, that was my experience- And the main reason (along with the no-responsiveness of the game)- for me to hate PES 2014.
I had the same problems trying to get past opponents in PES 2015 as well.

You can go past people in PES you just can't leave them behind ..also when you play a through ball and finally manage to get behind the defence and through on goal 8/10 the CB will catch up regardless on whose through..it could be Johnny Vegas chasing Eusien Bolt and he's manage to get a block in or tangle up and that stumble animation kicks in

Btw, did anyone noticed that the gameplay always gets worse with each patch? I mean, at launch, PES 2017 was more enjoyable, now it seems different and less enjoyable.. It's not a PLACEBO btw, many folks told me the same.

Hope this won't happen with PES 2018 also...

Btw, did anyone noticed that the gameplay always gets worse with each patch? I mean, at launch, PES 2017 was more enjoyable, now it seems different and less enjoyable.. It's not a PLACEBO btw, many folks told me the same.

Hope this won't happen with PES 2018 also...

Of course. I have notice that especially with comunity patches. I am a tester at PesGalaxy and I also try every other main patch(Smoke,PTE etc) and on every other my gameplay and especially game speed somehow change, players tend to move like those on FIFA. Everything become dull. There is no soul anymore..

Only and only on PesGalaxy gameplay remains 98% the same. Try it with clean version and you will see.
You just can't compete other cars and PES patches with German ones :D

Of course. I have notice that especially with comunity patches. I am a tester at PesGalaxy and I also try every other main patch(Smoke,PTE etc) and on every other my gameplay and especially game speed somehow change, players tend to move like those on FIFA. Everything become dull. There is no soul anymore..

Only and only on PesGalaxy gameplay remains 98% the same. Try it with clean version and you will see.
You just can't compete other cars and PES patches with German ones :D

Im talking about the "vanilla" PES, patched by KONAMI, not patched by community :)

Community patches does change the gameplay. That's why I don't go after their patches. I only use teams or leagues patches. I have played the game since it started and I haven't noticed much change.

Community patches does change the gameplay. That's why I don't go after their patches. I only use teams or leagues patches. I have played the game since it started and I haven't noticed much change.

Do you mean they do it involuntarily? Because for example PTE says they do not change the gameplay in any way and never will.

I loved the pace of the game much more in the demo, when i bought it it felt more like 2016. It's like they tweaked down some aspects. I still play the demo from time to time

Do you mean they do it involuntarily? Because for example PTE says they do not change the gameplay in any way and never will.

I loved the pace of the game much more in the demo, when i bought it it felt more like 2016. It's like they tweaked down some aspects. I still play the demo from time to time

There are patches that play around with team formations and so on. I only add kits/emblems to the teams so they don't mess up and create something that wasn't in the game from start. I honestly didn't see much change when I did that.

Back
Top Bottom