PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

which pes versions do you have?

same Q to @slamsoze and anyone else that would be prepared to take a trip down memory lane over the next few months.
Ι love such questions. Before i reply, notice that i have played all versions of European PES, with the exception of PES 2014, which i found on 2018 for PC and after 15 days of painful setups, datapacks manual setup, and a mess of dead and monetise skamful shady links, i achieved to update to the latest version and with a PTE patch equipped, only to get a random crash, after my 2nd ML game. :(

So 2014 is my less played, and 2008 for PC is my second less played. In some magic way my PES 2008, i gave it away to friends, two times as a gift and somehow it returned back to my bookcase some years later! A Real mystery!!! I believe it has magic sentience!!

PC: PES 3, 4, 5, 6, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017

PS4: PES 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.

PS1: PES 1 & 2 / ISS PRO EVO 1 & 2

Bonus content: We9LE for PC (rental disk :P :P :P ) /
ISS 64, 98, 2000 for N64, ISS and ISS deluxe for SNES /
ISS 3 (KCEO) for PC

Attachments

• 1579173938695-1957156940.jpg
    1579173938695-1957156940.jpg
    771.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
ive still got 2017 and was playing it still up to 2017, tried a few games but prefer 2020 gameplay - feels so much freeer on the pitch but personal preference

Ι love such questions. Before i reply, notice that i have played all versions of European PES, with the exception of PES 2014, which i found on 2018 for PC and after 15 days of painful setups, datapacks manual setup, and a mess of dead and monetise skamful shady links, i achieved to update to the latest version and with a PTE patch equipped, only to get a random crash, after my 2nd ML game. :(

So 2014 is my less played, and 2008 for PC is my second less played. In some magic way my PES 2008, i gave it away to friends, two times as a gift and somehow it returned back to my bookcase some years later! A Real mystery!!! I believe it has magic sentience!!

PC: PES 3, 4, 5, 6, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017

PS4: PES 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.

PS1: PES 1 & 2 / ISS PRO EVO 1 & 2

Bonus content: We9LE for PC (rental disk :P :P :P ) /
ISS 64, 98, 2000 for N64, ISS and ISS deluxe for SNES /
ISS 3 (KCEO) for PC

okay! almost the decade worth of games.

so when I posted this morning, I was thinking....how can I get a good PES experience. I have all PES since 2010, In 2020 I have worked out that exhibition mode is the best mode in 2020 and I presume the same would be in the other games.

at the moment anything pre-2013 is a bit of a chore to install and play...and even 2013/14, I would have to get the X360 out.

So 2015 onwards is more practical.

Exhibition mode lack career development. But the roster is there each year.

So I was thinking perhaps I could start an "exhibition career mode" i.e. play fixtures that were IRL fixtures over a season IN EXHIBITION MODE; once that season was up then move on to the following PES game for the next season's matches and then repeating til I get to 2020.

I haven't got as far as thinking how I could manage the idea of transfers/starting salary in this scenario but its an idea that puts my collection to good use.

I didn't think about playing my PES collection this way but if I can flesh the idea out a bit, I may be on to something fun (and less scripted).

any thoughts and ideas are welcome.

okay! almost the decade worth of games.

so when I posted this morning, I was thinking....how can I get a good PES experience. I have all PES since 2010, In 2020 I have worked out that exhibition mode is the best mode in 2020 and I presume the same would be in the other games.

at the moment anything pre-2013 is a bit of a chore to install and play...and even 2013/14, I would have to get the X360 out.

So 2015 onwards is more practical.

Exhibition mode lack career development. But the roster is there each year.

So I was thinking perhaps I could start an "exhibition career mode" i.e. play fixtures that were IRL fixtures over a season IN EXHIBITION MODE; once that season was up then move on to the following PES game for the next season's matches and then repeating til I get to 2020.

I haven't got as far as thinking how I could manage the idea of transfers/starting salary in this scenario but its an idea that puts my collection to good use.

I didn't think about playing my PES collection this way but if I can flesh the idea out a bit, I may be on to something fun (and less scripted).

any thoughts and ideas are welcome.
For my taste this method you describe, requires too much effort just to enjoy a game, keep statistics, paper work,mess with in game editors. We already do work a lot more on PES than any other game that we purchase.
What i can say about the "scripting", for sure 2015 and 2016 have less scripting than the new PES 2018/2019/2020. If you like their gameplay you can live with it. Of course there are still inevitable games, never the ML mode played like exhibition, but in 15 and 16 it is much more minimal.
On 2017 there is also less scripting than the new games, there are just "unique" games like that you described you replayed many times after. And usually it is a cup or CL or EL knock-out match, usually before the semi-final. BUT if you have patience to advance 4 or 5 seasons and you keep a stable roster of regens and you hit late 90's on Team Spirit, it plays close to exhibition. Or even when the CPU cheats you, your teams snowballs so much that you beat even the scripting.

This happened to me in my last save in 2017 ML. For 3 seasons. 2nd-3rd-4th, i lost to the quarter finals of EL and CL from Roma and Atletico Madrid in games that if we say there was no script, for sure there was a handicap for me in order to not score. In my 5th season i won the CL against Juventus, smashing them 5-0 in the finals. But i was working the same roster almost 2 years before, denying to sell anyone and against the difficult finances of 2017 ML that forced you to sell players after 1-2 seasons, cause of the bugged wage budget.

Of course not everyone has the time and the patience to snowball up until 5th season of ML.

P.S.: Something about replaying matches, up until PES 4 i was replaying also a lot games that i considered as broken or cheated or whatever. I ended up in a hell of replaying even my wins. But because when you replay everything you have a flawless result that makes the ML story uninteresting, from PES 5 i swore to myself and until today i have never re-played any match in ML, it is my No#1 rule. I concluded that even if you want to make experiments, replaying games makes only bad effects.

Last edited:
And @Alx1234 of course DO NOT TRY to snowball in newer games. 2020>2019>>2018 (in the order i posted them). They have the worst and most obvious ML scripting ever. The good physics are denied in order the CPU to be favored, your 90 speed Salah will run like a 50-speed. yesterday i played for the first time MyClub VScom CUP for some GP needed, it was on regular and in order to keep me not score more than 5 goals, the ball was lasser bouncing and back to COM player, it neglected all the "good" ball physics of 2020 and the Tondela GK was making some crazy Shao-Lin saves to my shoots from my 90PRV featured BLack-ball FWs. it was almost ridiculous.
I believe in 2020 ML, even after 10 seasons with the same 90 OPR 99TS team, the game can get rid of your progress and make your players play like Espimas and Ximelez, just for the shake of CPU adaptive difficulty.

Finally to close this, IN MY OPINION after 1000 hours ML on PES 2016 PC and 500 hours on PES 2017 PS4.

PES 2016 pc ML superstar has he best balance between challenge and fairness. While pes2017 ps4 ML superstar is second in balance, but it goes more with fairness than challenging, sometimes it is too toothless and innocent. 2015 comes third, it does not have TS, it has Job Trust, i am not sure if it works as TS.

From 2018 and on, superstar is unplayable, if you do not use constant exploits. it is a video game, but not a career/seasons simulation.

Last edited:
Finally to close this, IN MY OPINION after 1000 hours ML on PES 2016 PC and 500 hours on PES 2017 PS4.

PES 2016 pc ML superstar has he best balance between challenge and fairness. While pes2017 ps4 ML superstar is second in balance, but it goes more with fairness than challenging, sometimes it is too toothless and innocent. 2015 comes third, it does not have TS, it has Job Trust, i am not sure if it works as TS.

From 2018 and on, superstar is unplayable, if you do not use constant exploits. it is a video game, but not a career/seasons simulation.

great posts above..... seriously .... but everything you say about ML is EXACTLY why I'm trying to think outside the box in terms of approach to PES.

i.e. how to make a decade of games + exh mode = fun

at the moment going through 1 season of exh mode matches per version sounds nostalgic and could be fun....but how could i connect all 10 games in sequence.

but without keeping notes/tables, it loses some of its charm. perhaps just a scoresheet would do and goals scored/apps

stats upgrades would just be the yearly upgrade from version to version

transfers - cannot think how this could be implemented.....maybe just forego this and just keep with the default squad.

its an idea - i guess if its fun, i won't be too fussed about transfers and stuff or i'll just implement my own rules. i think it'd be nice to review the decade of games, starting with 2010. the switch of control schemes after a season would keep thing interesting too as well as playing with the players of "old".

okay - good idea to get me thinking....i dl'd the app - it needs a login.....i uninstalled (tired of logins...zzzzz)....there was a similar tournament maker app without login....looked at it...uninstalled.....

i took a look at wikipedia and i think all i need is an excel sheet with something like :

No.Pos.NationalityPlayerPLFALCTotal Apps
Goal
(Ast) Avg Rating
Yellow card.svgRed card.svg

Fixture -------------------------------- Result -------------------------- Points

I play the fixtures in order that they happened IRL (recording the excel data as I go) and at the end of the season, tally it up with the final table IRL and see what place I came.

In terms of transfers, it looks like 10.5m was spent on Kranjcar and Kaboul - so I could either limit myself to only brining these player into my squad OR I could find out their PES values and their total would be my transfer budget for the season. I could "sell" players to get a bigger budget for bigger player.

any players in/out can be changed in the the next PES.

yeh - this is what i'm talking about - putting flesh on the bones. If they won;t give me a proper ML, I'll make my own.:TU:

Last edited:
okay - good idea to get me thinking....i dl'd the app - it needs a login.....i uninstalled (tired of logins...zzzzz)
My bad, apologies. I didnt even try it.
I searched for tournament making app, looked for high rated one and read few opinions.
Nonetheless - that wouldnt be a bad way to go if someone cant stand ML scripting. I used to do it all in the notebook myself many years ago, but I thought that there have to be some handy, simple apps for it now.

Mate, I'm surprised about your 2016 statement :P . I think it was perhaps the most promising one for a lot of reasons but it really had too soft defenses, GKs were simply atrocious and there were a lot of issues in the general structure of the game.. as far as I can remember there was an exploit around every corner.

I've always found it criminally easy indeed.. although very fascinating in rythm, visuals, heaviness and other things..

Mate, I'm surprised about your 2016 statement :P . I think it was perhaps the most promising one for a lot of reasons but it really had too soft defenses, GKs were simply atrocious and there were a lot of issues in the general structure of the game.. as far as I can remember there was an exploit around every corner.

I've always found it criminally easy indeed.. although very fascinating in rythm, visuals, heaviness and other things..
Yes i forgot to mention the GK-holes and the water-polo scorelines!!! :P :P :P I wanted to mean that it produced more balanced matches, i did not felt so much cheated by AI as in 2018 for example. And it produced some fascinating highlights and fantastic goals. its issues are still issues, dont get me wrong . :) I mean if i criticise in all aspects, gameplay, mechanics, physics etc, it is a bad version. I just isolated one aspect of the game, the CPU cheating in ML.

While i don't play ML at all in PES 2016, the main problem for me in PES 2016 is the GK. My God, GK in PES 2016 is horrible. Probably the stupidest, easiest, horrendous GK i've ever played in any PES Series. Thank God it's completely improved in PES 2017.

While i don't play ML at all in PES 2016, the main problem for me in PES 2016 is the GK. My God, GK in PES 2016 is horrible. Probably the stupidest, easiest, horrendous GK i've ever played in any PES Series. Thank God it's completely improved in PES 2017.
Yeah guys, i did not criticized 2016 as a package. The question was which PES has less differences between Exhibition and ML. Of course 2016 was bad, of course it had shitty GKs and defending.

Yeah guys, i did not criticized 2016 as a package. The question was which PES has less differences between Exhibition and ML. Of course 2016 was bad, of course it had shitty GKs and defending.
If Pes 16 had 17s goalkeepers,I'd say that would be one of the better games of the series,not as frantic as 17,great PA0 passing.
But it ruins the game with its bad goalkeepers

No, PES 2016 has not only bads GK, but terrible straight lined shooting. Less variations than PES 2017. Passing flow was also terrible.
In terms of balance, it's the worst PES i've ever played and re-tryed too, every shoots seems and feels similars while pressing the button, and from whatever distance it's the most dangerous thing in game.
No needs to makes crosses/header when every shoot was on target. Well, no needs more words to explain why, but i place it on the worst "realistic" football game i've ever played on a cell with Fifa 15.

No, PES 2016 has not only bads GK, but terrible straight lined shooting. Less variations than PES 2017. Passing flow was also terrible.
In terms of balance, it's the worst PES i've ever played and re-tryed too, every shoots seems and feels similars while pressing the button, and from whatever distance it's the most dangerous thing in game.
No needs to makes crosses/header when every shoot was on target. Well, no needs more words to explain why, but i place it on the worst "realistic" football game i've ever played on a cell with Fifa 15.
But sometimes it has goals like this below, that are not possible in newer PES games.

Speaking about scripting in newer games, are they only cheating in Super star? In Top player or Professional, do they cheat?

Speaking about scripting in newer games, are they only cheating in Super star? In Top player or Professional, do they cheat?
I feel that the cheating is pretty bad from TP,really tried to play and like Pes 20 the past week,but with a shitty team (Lecce) and a TS of 54 it's a nightmare playing Pes 20 on TP and above.
Felt the same with Pes 19

which pes versions do you have?
Every one of them from PES 3 onwards (never had a PS2 so I missed the first two).
  • PES 3 to 2014 for PC (all boxed)
  • two copies of PES 2015 (PC and Xbox One, both boxed)
  • two copies of PES 2016 (PC only digital, Xbox One boxed)
  • two copies of PES 2017 (PC only digital, Xbox One boxed)
  • PES 2018 for PC (boxed)
  • PES 2019 and 2020 for PC (both digital).
Still 2015 and 2017 are my favourites, I really cannot decide between the two (if I really had... Probably 2017 for Xbox One would get my vote).

Anyone know if there is a patch with classic team for PES 2017 PC?
Also is there a tool which can copy PSD stats directly for PES 2017 PC(without manually typing)?

So I still feel like PES 2017 had the best CPU AI. The game is challenging. However one of the biggest issue is that slower players seems to run at the same speed as faster players and dribbling is really hard. Are there any mod that fixes those two issues?

PES 2017 (2019) OPTION FILE PART 1:

NEW FILES WILL APPEAR HERE - PES 2017 is being updated so ALL Prem Teams and Championship teams have up to date teams.
Major other teams will also be updated to fall inline with 2019/2020 too. New kits are being added as well as adjustments to the formations.
Sheffield United is now added along with their attacking CB Fluid formations.

PLEASE READ THE BELOW - VERY IMPORTANT

DO NOT RELEASE ANY OF THE YOUTH LEGENDS (18 Year Old Regens) FROM THEIR CLUB TEAMS AS THEY WILL DISAPPEAR

e.g. Ronaldinho at Gremio, Henry at Monaco. You can Transfer them, just don't release them.

Many players like Trent Alexander-Arnold have had their abilities updated to fall in line with PES 2020 stats - so do not reset them.

ALL Goalkeepers have realistic stats - meaning they are NO LONGER SUPERMEN. ALL Goalkeepers have had their "Coverage and Handling" stats adjusted, Neuer, Buffon, Allison, Ederson are still the best goalkeepers in the game - but they are rated 84 and under instead of 90 and under.

View attachment 26728View attachment 26729View attachment 26730

What stats you used for your update?

I'm getting back at this again (like I always do)
Does anyone know if you can edit the league format for the Argentinian league?
(So you'll get home +away?)

Ahh makes sense... I hope something comes out for PS4 soon for you guys

I do have to say, I played a couple of matches today after I installed the patch. Had a great experience. Forgot how this game played but I did have a lot of hours in steam with it.
For some reason it feels so loose, the ball feels more alive and natural, and there is more error than '20. Im not saying 2020 is bad for me. Its just this feels so fresh and nice. I only played a couple of games but in those games I saw a scorching out of the box goal by the AI, my goalkeeper got a card for a 1-on1 tackle which caused a penalty and I was able to score in a counter which felt very natural.

Also Im seeing a lot more fouls. It could be t his game got updated after I uninstalled it a couple of years ago. For now I think Ill try a league mode before trying FIFA 20. I just need some time off '20

File Links and Details of files here... ENJOY!!! Love PES again!
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/ps4-pes-2017-updated-to-2020-file-link.81964/

So I still feel like PES 2017 had the best CPU AI. The game is challenging. However one of the biggest issue is that slower players seems to run at the same speed as faster players and dribbling is really hard. Are there any mod that fixes those two issues?

Just increase the players' abilities to 99 Pace and Explosive Power plus increase the Ball Control & Dribble a bit more.
I did that with Traore, Overmars, Henry and Vardy and now they steam passed a 70 Top Speed Rated player. It's the only way to make the players play the way they should play.
Otherwise, you'll be left with Traore of Wolves, being level pegging in race with 34 Year Old Alan Hutton.
RAMP IT UP - Ignore Konami's stats, YOU HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE THE PLAYERS WHO THEY REALLY ARE!

Back
Top Bottom