PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Copa del Rey, 1/8.
Mallorca (me) Vs Valencia (SS)
Bar has been raised. Best game I had this year. Apologies for poor quality. I seriously need to learn to do proper clips..
You do mate!! :D Install share factory on ps4. Its free and easy to use.

At least it delivers that old ps2 days vibe!! ;) :D

edit: I’m busy now. Need to grab a pen to rewind my music cassettes. :LOL: Later.

On PS4 I preferred the game before the 1.06. Weird stuff started to happen with the defensive line and AI teammates running for no reason on their box instead of keeping the defense as a line.

Few examples:

Thanks. I’m not actually sure what version i have installed. Maybe it is the first patch because i think (it was a while ago) i uninstalled the system file or something. Thinking of getting into it again with all the love going on in here.

Thanks. I’m not actually sure what version i have installed. Maybe it is the first patch because i think (it was a while ago) i uninstalled the system file or something. Thinking of getting into it again with all the love going on in here.
Sorry I didnt answer coz I assumed you were talking about PC. I didnt even know I can choose whether to instal patch on PS4 or not. Anyhow - I have it all up to latest version on ps4 and loving it. (Having said that - i've no comparison as I didnt play pre-patches.)

Sorry I didnt answer coz I assumed you were talking about PC. I didnt even know I can choose whether to instal patch on PS4 or not. Anyhow - I have it all up to latest version on ps4 and loving it. (Having said that - i've no comparison as I didnt play pre-patches.)

No worries about not answering straight away. ;)

I think it was because i had deleted all the files a while ago. So as soon as i booted up the game it came up with ‘downloading version 1.07’ so i paused it in case it was worse gameplay to what you guys a playing.

It looks like i will be downloading @Chris Davies option file at some point if i can remember how to do it all again. :)

Yep, this is indeed the best overall experience on current gen. I´m playing TP, PA0 and basic shooting, -2 speed and 15 mins. Having an average of 6 to 9 fouls a match, 50/50 CPU and me. Also having lots of variation on matches in terms of stats. I´ve had the balanced match, the really easy one, and the really tough one here and there.

Yesterday I had a match where the stats looked like I was the CPU ahah. CPU had 60% possession and around 13/6 shots on goal. I had 4/3, and won the match 3-0. One of those matches were I didn´t seemed to deserve the win, but my defence was actually sharp, and managed to break CPU with fast counters.

Also having some matches were the CPU is ultra defensive, and it´s nearly impossible to score. Finally, last match was a really tight one, leading the first half 2-0, and letting the CPU draw the match 2-2 on the second. But a late freekick made my day, scoring the 2-3 and winning the last match with Sporting. Now I´m heading to SL Benfica as I was invited on late December.

Having my share of fun on this one, something I seem to struggle on 18 or 19... too many good things missing on those two makes it impossible to ignore the beauty of PES 2017.

Yep, this is indeed the best overall experience on current gen. I´m playing TP, PA0 and basic shooting, -2 speed and 15 mins. Having an average of 6 to 9 fouls a match, 50/50 CPU and me. Also having lots of variation on matches in terms of stats. I´ve had the balanced match, the really easy one, and the really tough one here and there.

Yesterday I had a match where the stats looked like I was the CPU ahah. CPU had 60% possession and around 13/6 shots on goal. I had 4/3, and won the match 3-0. One of those matches were I didn´t seemed to deserve the win, but my defence was actually sharp, and managed to break CPU with fast counters.

Also having some matches were the CPU is ultra defensive, and it´s nearly impossible to score. Finally, last match was a really tight one, leading the first half 2-0, and letting the CPU draw the match 2-2 on the second. But a late freekick made my day, scoring the 2-3 and winning the last match with Sporting. Now I´m heading to SL Benfica as I was invited on late December.

Having my share of fun on this one, something I seem to struggle on 18 or 19... too many good things missing on those two makes it impossible to ignore the beauty of PES 2017.
i might drop my playtime from 20 to 15 minutes. the last couple of days i was playing my ML and i need to progress faster. only 2-4 matches each night isnt enough anymore! :D
lets see if it feels to short or i get myself rushing when playing 15 min only.

Yes i did, but when you start in the 2nd league it takes ages until you get multiple 100k a month. You start without any players having captaincy, star or whatever so you don't get any fan bonuses etc.
On PC i could change the 19mill 100k to 15mill 2mill and could buy 1-2 amazing star players for my team!
My first season (2nd league) is coming to an end soon. 3.5 mil salary and 30 mil budget. Sold a few players and promoted some from the youth team. Edit: i promoted a 16 year old 75ovr from Brazil (with a speed of 90!!!!). :)
It is really hard and you can not make big steps. But for me that’s the fun. I’m very happy where I am right now. Haven’t thought it would go so well.

Last edited:
I've now moved up to superstar and full manual with advanced through ball.. Love this game.. I'd pay 30 quid for an upto date option file a kits no problem and not bother with efootball

I still love this game, but... Lucky you guys who can play it on PS4.
On Xbox One, editing possibilities are almost non-existent. :CURSE:

Well, for my editing needs there's still the PC version after all (yeah, I have both): it plays as well as the Xbox One version, even if it doesn't even look half as good. :(

My 16 year old Brazilian talent (from the youth team) is shaping up so nicely. Oh man, I’m in love with that guy!!
LOBATOOOOO....!!! :LOVE:

He dribbles, he scores, he is a bundle of joy!! adn he's getting a special training treatment for sure.
That young gun really is my favorite player this season.
He even scored a winning 2:1 goal in the league. His second goal that was, but his most important so far.

I hope he’s doing good when we are playing PSG in the semi finals of the French cup. I want to win that so badly. But we are the smaller team... so let’s see.
i wouldnt mind leaving the cup in the semi finals because we beat a 1st league team in the quater finals. and thats a big step for our small team.

LOBATOOOOO
He is the guy I sold after a season. Was annoying me and didnt fit my playing style.
I have Javi Guerra as my main attacking force and three others are fighting for second CF spot - Soldado, Pizarro and Llorente. But I think the last one will go after this season as well. He is slow and tall and stiff. Reminds me of Giroud and Im not a big fan of him.

After playing half a season on Superstar manual I decided to go back to Top Player. Scores were still ok, so its not difficulty.
I was seeing way too much first time passing from AI. Games became very hectic and not enjoyable.

Quarter final of Champions League against Man City was the last straw. Apart from Clinical finishing, which wasnt there, it felt like playing Pes19. I couldnt switch the players, even the one closest to the ball didnt want to switch. It was picking others instead.
My players were on the way, crashing into each other. It was very, very frustrating and horrible match to play.
I was 2-0 up (first leg I had 1-1 away draw) and they managed to equalize. 85th minute I scored for 3-2, and 88th they scored.
3-3 - I was out.

I could see the Insane Pes19 AI in a cradle and decided I dont want these crazy first touch hectic matches. Its not what football is about.

So I dropped back to Top Player, with one condition - I cant use gegenpress anymore, to keep the challenge up.
With gegenpress on, I was swarming AI on Top Player and they could not breathe. I was winning almost every match by good few goal margins.

Now its all nice and balanced again.

He is the guy I sold after a season. Was annoying me and didnt fit my playing style.
I have Javi Guerra as my main attacking force and three others are fighting for second CF spot - Soldado, Pizarro and Llorente. But I think the last one will go after this season as well. He is slow and tall and stiff. Reminds me of Giroud and Im not a big fan of him.

After playing half a season on Superstar manual I decided to go back to Top Player. Scores were still ok, so its not difficulty.
I was seeing way too much first time passing from AI. Games became very hectic and not enjoyable.

Quarter final of Champions League against Man City was the last straw. Apart from Clinical finishing, which wasnt there, it felt like playing Pes19. I couldnt switch the players, even the one closest to the ball didnt want to switch. It was picking others instead.
My players were on the way, crashing into each other. It was very, very frustrating and horrible match to play.
I was 2-0 up (first leg I had 1-1 away draw) and they managed to equalize. 85th minute I scored for 3-2, and 88th they scored.
3-3 - I was out.

I could see the Insane Pes19 AI in a cradle and decided I dont want these crazy first touch hectic matches. Its not what football is about.

So I dropped back to Top Player, with one condition - I cant use gegenpress anymore, to keep the challenge up.
With gegenpress on, I was swarming AI on Top Player and they could not breathe. I was winning almost every match by good few goal margins.

Now its all nice and balanced again.
i just cant let go of him now. 16 freaking years old!!! i want that guy to become world footballer of the year! :D

i droped to 15 min matches the last week and its ok. i can go through ML much faster (even when 5 min less dont seem to make a huge difference). i dont feel pressured by the clock so i'll keep it that way now.

i sold some old guys (maybe to early) so its up to the young guys now. i hope i dont get a lot of injured player because the replacements i have in store will drop my team spirit from 80 to 70. lets see how it all works out. cant wait to end this first season. :)

Last edited:
My 16 year old Brazilian talent (from the youth team) is shaping up so nicely. Oh man, I’m in love with that guy!!
LOBATOOOOO....!!! :LOVE:

He dribbles, he scores, he is a bundle of joy!! adn he's getting a special training treatment for sure.
That young gun really is my favorite player this season.
He even scored a winning 2:1 goal in the league. His second goal that was, but his most important so far.

I hope he’s doing good when we are playing PSG in the semi finals of the French cup. I want to win that so badly. But we are the smaller team... so let’s see.
i wouldnt mind leaving the cup in the semi finals because we beat a 1st league team in the quater finals. and thats a big step for our small team.
FYI Lobato or A. Lobato is the all-time PES/ISS iconic player "Allejo" Lobato.
He starts in the ML latinamerica default team or comes as a youth team regen, if you are lucky enough on first January, when you manage a European club. In14+13 he was still named Allejo. In 16 he was A. Lobato but in his backshirt name he was named Allejo. After 2016 and since creativity became an enemy for KONAMI, he is blatantly named "A. Lobato" both in name and shirtname, leaving no clue for the newer players of the series, to have an emotional link with the SNES/N64/PSx era of the franchise.
Other than this, i always sell him like @Emroth as he is both much OP rated and he doesn't fit also to my playstyle. I prefer to face him as opponent always.

Used to play with Lobato as well. He is indeed very good. Kinda reminds me of Shimizu on PES 2013(?). Very young with brutal stats, alwas a keyplayer on any formation.

gooood morning everyone! :BYE:

Played 4 matches last night. My team is back at the top of the table. :)
3 of my guys became Protege last night. That’s nice to see. My team spirit is now it 82 max and the teams skill level is at around 73!
Before I went to bed, I set everything up for the big semi final battle against PSG!! Tonight I’ll not be able to play but Sunday is matchday. Can’t wait!!

Quick update: lost my semi final match against PSG 3:0. :(
2 goals were really bad stuff: both direct shots from around the pen area line. One through me goalies fingers. ^^

Anyway...

You could really feel they were a different breed compared to what I play against in 2nd French div.! But you could feel the AI letting you play when they were in front by 2.
Some of their players style, like Cavanis, stood out!

This match also showed me that I like to play the lower league teams so much more. Hard to describe for me.

I wasn’t really hoping for a win here. I put a lot of thought into the tactics (even got my team spirit up to 85). Helped nothing but left a “sour taste”. So it’s behind me now, time to move on, I guess. :)

The leagues title is what I’m after now!!
:D

quick update on my ML:
my team has been crowned champions of the second league!!! we finally made it to Ligue1! :D
we had to fight hard at the end of the season but my team was 5 points ahead when the season ended.

i have a 16 year old keeper and 2 16 year old field player in my team now! and i love these kids!!
my team strenght is at 75 and my team spirit at 85 when i had my first L1 match. it was against Nice and we played 1:1! thats a good start into that ligue1 season i thought! next match we lost against a team that got promoted last season too! lost that 1:3! :( what a let down! i thought i could beat theam!
the third match against Marseille we lost again, 0:2!
it really isnt that easy in ligue1 for my weak team! but i like the challenge! and i like the bigger stadiums!! :)

btw: by the end of season 1 i had 35 mil in cash and 8.5 in salaries available!

@PRO_TOO and @Emroth guys, in case pes2020 fails, i am working on watch your back :P .
I saw a post from Antonyc on pesgaming, who said that he is working the Pes17 OF progressinh slowly. I understand him, cause pre2019 the OF update is very hard due to stupid limitations. I gave up on updating my pes2018 OF cause of these difficulties and focus on the bad 2019, which works better to update OF.
http://www.pesgaming.com/showpost.php?p=2221509&postcount=14

Last edited:
hi guys i know it's not the right forum but I need help. I'm fed up of pes 2020 and back to pes 17 .wo what a game. i need a link to an option file with updated transfers for ps4. Can you help me pls. ? thanks

hi guys i know it's not the right forum but I need help. I'm fed up of pes 2020 and back to pes 17 .wo what a game. i need a link to an option file with updated transfers for ps4. Can you help me pls. ? thanks
all I had installed was a file from 2017. the current lineups I could not find an option file for so my teams had the latest 2017 lineups.
AFAIK there is no 2019 OF for 2017!

Wow, I am surprised. Today I installed this just to see how different it was. just played a couple of games in the AM.
The ball feels so free. there seems to be so much more first touch error by the cpu, it just makes the AI feel so much more human
Also, I was able to score some great goals, a breath of fresh air being able to score a screaming header (usually my headers in '20 are very floaty and never on target).

I know you mentioned someone is working on a OF. Nobody tried the ones available in pes-patch? One from Micano seems to be pretty good and updated. found it on youtube, i think ive used from him before
If I have time later Ill try it out

It is still in very early stage, only from posts by now. I assume if he someday completes it, he will start a new topic. The only signs we have until now is this post : http://www.pesgaming.com/showpost.php?p=2220855&postcount=7

on this topic: http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?p=2220855#post2220855

For the record this user Antonyc1977 , works already a lot on face builds, so i am not sure if he will catch up to finish it in the following months.

Wow, I am surprised. Today I installed this just to see how different it was. just played a couple of games in the AM.
The ball feels so free. there seems to be so much more first touch error by the cpu, it just makes the AI feel so much more human
Also, I was able to score some great goals, a breath of fresh air being able to score a screaming header (usually my headers in '20 are very floaty and never on target).

I know you mentioned someone is working on a OF. Nobody tried the ones available in pes-patch? One from Micano seems to be pretty good and updated. found it on youtube, i think ive used from him before
If I have time later Ill try it out

I believe that guy is working option file for PS4 version while micano one only works with PC version. PES 2017 PC is still alive and well, it's easier to find PES 2017 PC version. Also smoke patch has new updates for 2019/2020 season for PES 2017 PC.

Back
Top Bottom