PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

It looks good on the live stream.

Slower pace, and lot's of fouls from a.i, different types of attack from a.i too.

Player models look incredible close up too.

What gamespeed is this? looks pretty decent

The default speed.

I'm really impressed. You can see the variety in attacks, and more importantly shot variety from the a.i.

THe a.i even defends differently, boca were really pressing barca for example (when the streamer switched to barca).

Matches also don't resemble a basketball game which is excellent.

The only negative is the damn demo isn't out on the psn store yet....

Last edited:
Got to say game looks
Totally different to the videos we have seen recently very promising can't wait to
Play later started at 5 so home for 1 game on by half past .

Looks quite good on that video. I can't see it online yet on the Australian Xbox store but I finish work in 4 hours and I'll be checking again before then. I have instant-on turned on so hopefully I can download it before I get home (IF it's out!).

EDIT: Well via the Xbox website I could see the demo and "get" it. It's going to try and push the install through now. Hopefully it works and I can play it after dinner. It wasn't showing up via the xbox one app on my phone.

Last edited:
I look forward to hearing impressions from guys on here, as many people on this forum know the pes games inside out and are very critical (which is a good thing).

I've got a good feeling about this game now though....

Only minor criticism is that the a.i still doesn't seem to foul enough, at least in the stream anyway. I'll reserve judgement though as perhaps some more defensive teams might foul more, or it could be like pes 2016 when there's just minimal fouls from the a.i.

2 matches in a row and not a single foul from the a.i.

Last edited:
can anyone tell me if i can start a download on my ps4 via the psn app? i want to be able to do this at work so i can play once i get home

PES 2017 feels much more nicer this year and each match is different and unique. The player individuality and the team individuality is really showing.

Pros:
*Excellent Tactics Setup for Team.
*Good Player Individuality and Team Individuality.
*Good Graphics.
*Player movement seems more responsive. Close control is so much rewarding.
*AI no longer only scores low end goals.
*AI also takes long shots depending on the stat.
*Goalkeepers are amazing.
*More Fouls and collision definitely improved.

Cons:
*Passing is really lazer guided, especially for CPU.
*CPU doesn't not follow passing accuracy stat. It seems like the only passing stat effects how far away or short they can pass.
*Shooting and ball physics still needs work. Shooting is too overpowered.
*The positioning for players still seems chaotic. Especially the defenders. They just don't chill.

Is it only me or.. Xbox One version do not look that good as PS4 ??
From the videos of the game.. looks like " hybrid " version between PS4 and PC, maybe i'm wrong .

PES 2017 feels much more nicer this year and each match is different and unique. The player individuality and the team individuality is really showing.

Pros:
*Good Graphics.

Cons:
*CPU doesn't not follow passing accuracy stat. It seems like the only passing stat effects how far away or short they can pass.
*The positioning for players still seems chaotic. Especially the defenders. They just don't chill.

Tbh that sounds terrible. As i was afraid another PES without passing and shooting?

Pros:
*Good Graphics.

Cons:

In respect of the cons ( and I know it is hard work) but can we not simply amend rpthe ratings for passing and shooting? Given that I will have this for a year, I do not mind adjusting each player to try and replicate more errors?

Honestly the same problem I saw in FIFA 17 BETA also exist in PES 2017 Demo. CPU is getting way too much passing accuracy at the end of the match disregarding the team. I have played around 10 matches so far and CPU passing accuracy always was higher than 85%. It's pretty worrying.

Dear me. Just saw that live stream and the Barca human player kept the ball on the edge of the six yard box and put the controller down. Griezmann just stood there behind him making no attempt to steal it back for a free goal. Awful AI.

Dear me. Just saw that live stream and the Barca human player kept the ball on the edge of the six yard box and put the controller down. Griezmann just stood there behind him making no attempt to steal it back for a free goal. Awful AI.

Yep I saw that too. They better patch it out of the full game, otherwise you can just go 1-0 up and take the ball to your box and sit there. So many playtesters and reviews and no one picked up on it. makes you wonder ....

Yep I saw that too. They better patch it out of the full game, otherwise you can just go 1-0 up and take the ball to your box and sit there. So many playtesters and reviews and no one picked up on it. makes you wonder ....

But why would anyone do that?

Surely it's about playing the game to enjoy the moments not find a glitch and then cycle through each game with a 1-0 win??

This problem makes no odds to me because I will not even attempt to win games on that basis and I suspect Konami and the play testers feel the same!!

But why would anyone do that?

Surely it's about playing the game to enjoy the moments not find a glitch and then cycle through each game with a 1-0 win??

This problem makes no odds to me because I will not even attempt to win games on that basis and I suspect Konami and the play testers feel the same!!

True, I wouldn't do it as well. I guess it does point to the bigger problem of lack of good QA at konami

Played one quick game, barca(me) vs althletico on superstar lost 1-0.

Managed to draw 3 fouls all from standing tackles
Hard to break down their defence and keeper pulled of some great saves when I did.
Shooting feels better but still too accurate same with passing and not enough freedom on 1 bar.

Need to play more but feels like a more refined and weighty Pes 2016.

Back
Top Bottom