PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Define the kinds of passing being delivered, if it's closed ranged and more so just obvious passing accuracy then it takes no superstar to do that. It's basically the first thing a pro player should be able to do. Making so many mistakes makes no sense. There aren't many passing errors in real life for experienced or good players, and teams. If the guy is talking about first touch passing being accurate and easy for every player then I might understand that it might be a problem. But I don't think that's what he meant. Many who played the game pointed out how Ozil stands out as a better passer than others.

Forgot to put in first touch pass accuracy my mistake, you could also add the speed of a long fast accurate pass between players is not easy to do.

Last edited:
Ram just calm down just don't resort to sending hateful messages. It's just a game. Our favourite I know but not everyone has to love or see what we do and there is no sense trying to convince others who don't

Lol some are really weird. Seems like criticising Pes (even when done very constructively like Matt) is like insulting their family or something

Lol some are really weird. Seems like criticising Pes (even when done very constructively like Matt) is like insulting their family or something

nah man its not that.

if we all were at a friends house giving our opinions about whatever it could also get heated.
but if we all did it in a correct manner it would be wrong to get treated differently just because we don't agree.
that is just wrong.

It's Israel vs Palestine or Christianity vs other religions in here,and over there.
So fucking boring,try having a constructive convo in here.
Hopefully we'll have a great game coming out son in PES 17.
But even if that game is the best thing since sliced bread,"people" will shit on it in here,pretty much the same guys over and over again.

And sadly same goes for the other forum for the other game,we're not "better"
FIFA will FIFA and PES will PES,just like the example I mentioned above.

Why hasn't Konami released any information when the demo will be released in rest of the world? THey only mentioned Europe and Asia in the latest trailer.

Passing being easy but yet say it's difficult to score makes me wonder what you guys want from PES as a franchise. You want so many errors, you want so many mistakes, you want so many inaccurate passing even if it's Iniesta playing. What's next? basically you want to eliminate the fun factor that PES has always been known for. Sorry but I don't think everyone wants that type of football, you can go and downlaod PES 2014. Passing to me looks great and has more weight to it compared to last year, saying its the same as last year makes me question what you played.

What you are implying here about our opinion is completetly wrong and a huge distortion of what we actually want and expect from a more "sim" football game.

Just because we want contextual erros and stats to be part of the game, it doesnt mean we want a game that the average pass success is below 60%'even for a team like Barcelona.

You want to imply that we want the other extreme when it comes to passing accuracy, wich is NOT true, at the same time that you ignore the fact that the game is currently in the other extreme wich is WRONG for anyone who wants a more realistic and challenging experience.

No one is asking for a passing system that can become frustrating to everyone, but a passing system that still has some learning curve because it forces people to think more before passing instead of just button smashing the X even before the player takes controle of the ball.

The vast majority of passes in real life are done after players take the first touch and turn first. Stats must already come into play as soon as player take that first touch and turn. You should feel that more skillful player make that simple move more smoothly and more easily in the right direction of the teammate you want to pass to.

Is it really that hard to, most of the time, let your player take the first touch and turn to the direction you want to pass and pass the ball ? More gifted players should be able to do that in one move before passing. But apperantly you want a game that it has no point doing that (take the first touch and turn before passing), wich is usually the safest way to keep possession in real life, since doing all these things (take the first touch, turn and pass) in one move (first time pass) is much more efficient and makes attacking play a lot faster, even when the player whos making the pass is not even facing the recieving player who is 100m away.

But then you have pressure, wich might affect passing speed and accuracy as it may force player to hit the ball with his tiptoe, but that also doesnt mean that you will automatically loose possession (and decrease you passing accuracy rate), it just mean that it will give the opponent team a better opportunity to steal the ball, it will them opportunity to anticipate to it, and these things are what create those fghting for ball possession situations in midfield, wich make the game not only more challenging and tatical, but more unpredictable and excting.

The context of the match must also come into play. Lets say you are in the qualifying stage of a CL and both teams need to win, and the match is 0-0 at 70min, with the right AI attitude and you and CPU needing to score so despairingly, if the passing system is right (that is, with some learning curve, enough to force to choose the safest way to pass, that is, control the ball and turn before passing), and if first touch is not always perfect (that is, players dont have a magnet attached to their feets that make the ball instantly stick to their feet even when the ball comes into their direction too strong), then the ball will feel more lose and every part of the pitch will be like a battlefield, a lot more exciting and realistic than what we see in PES games these days because everything (passing, first touch, shooting) is predictable and easy for being too accurate regardless of the circunstances under the action is made:

Il really like semi/manual passing in PES, but not the manual shooting on 2016 version.
It gives a boost in power, shoots are even more straight than the basic shooting and no stat related excepted "shoot power"...
Some youtube video that i've saw shows it.

Ps: on Fifa there is the same boost of power to compensate shoots btw

And playing on Manual passing with Basic Shooting gives a weird hybrid feeling...
It's sad that there isn't a "semi-assisted" shoot option, "advanced" is not what i want at all, and even more easy than basic (forbidden on PES League because of that)

Last edited:
Il really like semi/manual passing in PES, but not the manual shooting on 2016 version.
It gives a boost in power, shoots are even more straight than the basic shooting and no stat related excepted "shoot power"...
Some youtube video that i've saw shows it.

Ps: on Fifa there is the same boost of power to compensate shoots btw

And playing on Manual passing with Basic Shooting gives a weird hybrid feeling...
It's sad that there isn't a "semi-assisted" shoot option, "advanced" is not what i want at all, and even more easy than basic (forbidden on PES League because of that)

Just to clear it. When you say semi/manual passing, you mean Level 1?

Just to clear it. When you say semi/manual passing, you mean Level 1?

Level 1... On PES 2011-2013-14-15.
On PES 2016 level 1 assistance aren't really relevant at all, only significant change is when you settle it to manual (1-2-3 level difference not pronounced at all: still too assisted, on PES 2015 a little bit less assisted but too much already)

I really hope they turns back to real 1 bar semi-assistance like it was before PES 2016

Last edited:
Thanks, mate!

Did anyone check out New Zealand psn ? No sign of demo coming today...

checked just then.. nope. I also checked the playstation twitter page, and they said all other regions (not mentioned on the end of the gamescom trailer ad) will have the demo on 24th. So I guess that means NZ and Australia. as well..

Itll be interesting who gets it first though, as our (Australia) 24th is US's 23rd. NZ is about 2 hours ahead of Australian time. And Australian time is about 12-15hours ahead of US depending which state...

Ill check again tomorrow morning as its 12am here in Canberra, Australia. Just checked NZ psn demo store.. still not out.. I reckon US regions will get it earlier than NZ/Aust this year.

checked just then.. nope. I also checked the playstation twitter page, and they said all other regions (not mentioned on the end of the gamescom trailer ad) will have the demo on 24th. So I guess that means NZ and Australia. as well..

Itll be interesting who gets it first though, as our (Australia) 24th is US's 23rd. NZ is about 2 hours ahead of Australian time. And Australian time is about 12-15hours ahead of US depending which state...

Ill check again tomorrow morning as its 12am here in Canberra, Australia. Just checked NZ psn demo store.. still not out.. I reckon US regions will get it earlier than NZ/Aust this year.

If we do get it on the 24th then it'll surely be out earlier in the US PSN. If it's PST then it would be 5pm of the 23rd for us. If it's EST then it would be 2pm of the 23rd. We should start checking 2pm tomorrow then ;)

(We're technically "tomorrow" now being 1 am but you know what I mean)

Level 1... On PES 2011-2013-14-15.
On PES 2016 level 1 assistance aren't really relevant at all, only significant change is when you settle it to manual (1-2-3 level difference not pronounced at all: still too assisted, on PES 2015 a little bit less assisted but too much already)

I really hope they turns back to real 1 bar semi-assistance like it was before PES 2016

I would prefer 3 settings assisted, semi and unassisted like fifa has not sure why they have 4 tbh.

I'm sure I've seen videos where one-bar passing appears to add more passing error this year. Which is a dream, for me - I just wish there was an AI version of the same slider! Imagine if there was...

tumblr_lo8p7dr0lU1qf5zj9o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
I would prefer 3 settings assisted, semi and unassisted like fifa has not sure why they have 4 tbh.

That's right, all those bar settings are confusing and completely useless.

When i said "semi" to talk about PES it's 1 bar, excepted PES 2016.
Assisted or basic settings 3/4 bars (don't remember the basic settings in previous versions)

PS: Basic setting in PES 2016 was level 1 assistance even if it feels like the passing are on level 4...

Hope that it will be the same basic settings on PES 2017, but the real "1 bar" deal like on previous versions.
For some reason the basics untouched setting is important to me.
The more real way to play the original game, the way it's balanced and means to be played by everyone.

You can't change anything while you're playing online.

I don't really like sliders or whatever slow/fast speed, i don't judge a game with those "mods" to claim it's a good or bad version.

Last edited:
any idea on the following things :

-when playing online, will we have the ability to pick teams after being paired with our opponent as to limit/prevent matchups such as Brazil vs Liverpool or Real Madrid vs Italy ?

-will the transfer of OP files be like last year where you would have to do one team at a time or will we be able to do a full transfer at once like on PS3?

That's right, all those bar settings are confusing and completely useless.

When i said "semi" to talk about PES it's 1 bar, excepted PES 2016.
Assisted or basic settings 3/4 bars (don't remember the basic settings in previous versions)

PS: Basic setting in PES 2016 was level 1 assistance... Hope that it will be the same on PES 2017, but the real "1 bar" deal like on previous versions.
And a real manual,like we see over in the other game.
As a manual passer,both 15-16 have been,bad in that sense,especially 16, feels very assisted on manual.
Hope 17 gives us options

Also, when you play online there's only filters for manual passing, but not for manual shooting...
So many people trying to trick, playing with 0 assistance bar but basic shooting.

I really wanted to make a "division" on full manual on PES 2015-16 but that issue repulse me.
That's a shame, on PS4 servers the connexion and response time is "Fifa Level" for the 1vs1.

any idea on the following things :

-will the transfer of OP files be like last year where you would have to do one team at a time or will we be able to do a full transfer at once like on PS3?

From what I understand, it will be a batch file on a team by team basis.

So it's not just one option file like it used to be on the ps2.

The official website states this

Batch Import for Team Data (Only for PS4)(Only PS4®

Import all your edited kits and player data in a batch on your USB flash memory. Select your team and apply the data you choose.
*Access to PSN is required to import images.

Link here, scroll down https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/edit/

So unless I'm wrong, I'm reading it as if I'll be able to transfer all team data in one go e.g players, kits etc. But I'll have to do each team one by one. There's no mention of team name either, so looks like we'll have to edit those in one by one too.

I hope I'm wrong. To be honest I didn't even bother with pes 2016, I just played it as is, and enabled legends so it was all a bit unrealistic anyway. Because of that I even used the default master league players.

Given how much I play the game I could have spent the time editing the data but I was just too lazy. All I want is to able to just copy one file over, but it's probably a limitation Sony have imposed.

Last edited:
From what I understand, it will be a batch file on a team by team basis.

So it's not just one option file like it used to be on the ps2.

The official website states this

Link here, scroll down https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/edit/

So unless I'm wrong, I'm reading it as if I'll be able to transfer all team data in one go e.g players, kits etc. But I'll have to do each team one by one. There's no mention of team name either, so looks like we'll have to edit those in one by one too.

I hope I'm wrong. To be honest I didn't even bother with pes 2016, I just played it as is, and enabled legends so it was all a bit unrealistic anyway. Because of that I even used the default master league players.

Given how much I play the game I could have spent the time editing the data but I was just too lazy. All I want is to able to just copy one file over, but it's probably a limitation Sony have imposed.

Everything that has to do with a team will change when you import: stadium, name, kits, logo, manager, etc.
Each team should take about 2 min. compared to last year, thats nothing

Everything that has to do with a team will change when you import: stadium, name, kits, logo, manager, etc.
Each team should take about 2 min. compared to last year, thats nothing

I'm still a bit confused.

Just to make sure I've understood correctly, from what you've said I'd transfer one file per team then and everything associated with that team will change? So it's one file per team but I have to do every team in the game right?

Whereas on 2016 if I want to use an option file I need to do each part of the team separately, so transfer a separate file for kit, players, logo etc? So instead of one file per team it might have been 5 for example.

If so then as you say it's a definite improvement, I just wish it was one file. Initially I actually thought they were going to do that, and unless I'm mistaken I'm sure there was talk about having just one file before on ps4 but it never happened.

I might just spend the time doing it this time round then, but I remember back in the day always trying lots of option files out due to how easy it was, I'll probably wait until there's one option file deemed the "best" and stick with that.

Just to make sure I've understood correctly, from what you've said I'd transfer one file per team then and everything associated with that team will change? So it's one file per team but I have to do every team in the game right?

Whereas on 2016 if I want to use an option file I need to do each part of the team separately, so transfer a separate file for kit, players, logo etc? So instead of one file per team it might have been 5 for example.

If so then as you say it's a definite improvement, I just wish it was one file. Initially I actually thought they were going to do that, and unless I'm mistaken I'm sure there was talk about having just one file before on ps4 but it never happened.

I might just spend the time doing it this time round then, but I remember back in the day always trying lots of option files out due to how easy it was, I'll probably wait until there's one option file deemed the "best" and stick with that.

You forgot PS3 era editing. For 5 years we had to put file to file manually into XMB to edit Pes. Last update changed it but before I put 1500 files manually.

100%. one import per team. But every team needs importing.

Back
Top Bottom