PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I just picked up a tesco outlet refurb(white ps4)..basically new but without the outer packaging,not bad for 200 gbp.

My last one overheated out of warranty so I was waiting for the improved model.Doesnt worry me the resolution so much in 16 but I was hoping for more parity this year in 17 as I have a 50 inch really and it does look cleaner 16 on the ps4.

The improved file sharing sold it to me for 17,plus I want to tuck into the new team ico game and I'm sure titanfall2 will be that little bit sharper on the ps4..

Bioshock collection remastered as well as pes17 in September..busy month!
Know there's a lot of petitions floating around demanding Xbox to reinstall file importer,and when it comes to PES and PES 17 it could be a breaking point for us.
Hope they get their stuff sorted in Merica.
Anyway,to me,on Xbox,stoked as hell for PES 17,imagine you on ps4 is rabid for it:)

Know there's a lot of petitions floating around demanding Xbox to reinstall file importer,and when it comes to PES and PES 17 it could be a breaking point for us.
Hope they get their stuff sorted in Merica.
Anyway,to me,on Xbox,stoked as hell for PES 17,imagine you on ps4 is rabid for it:)

Xboxone will probably be my first port of call as the Asian/American demo will probably hit live first..just a simple settings change to download the demo on the one.

Can't wait..are be on next Wednesday giving my thoughts.

Xboxone will probably be my first port of call as the Asian/American demo will probably hit live first..just a simple settings change to download the demo on the one.

Can't wait..are be on next Wednesday giving my thoughts.
Good!
I'm always cautious with demos,that's what they are,demos.
Full game,with dlc,and personal tweaks is were I see if it's for me

I like this new stance that Konami are taking regarding licences, gameplay will always be king but the other stuff matters too.

It's a pity that football games have come to this but it is what it is.

I do hope players that don't play for their national teams aren't missing. Players like Frank Ribery for example.

ribery retired from international football in 2014 so might be in the free agents section

Konami has to try a sim mode
Price it higher
People who are in their 30s like me will buy it as we are the people who l buy sim type game
Surely they can even charge for strict refs in master league.I know it sounds ridiculous but it don't see any other way.The world has come to this if u want something that pleases you be ready to shell money for it.So konami can simply have small sized stadiums ,
Strict refs ,free passing and shooting slower tactical gameplay as a paid dlc for master league.Price it at 20 pounds and see how it goes if people like it and it makes business sense continue or else leave it for next year.Clearly people have very different choices.This one size fits all won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean you am ready to pay 100 pounds for 20 small sized stadiums for division 2 .Have a deeper tactical set up.Slow growth for players.FOULS.A variety of camera angles. A very large database of youth players.A detailed analysis of each game I play in regards to my play style and AI's in play style.Have a algorithm of atleast 10 different kind of play styles which can be assigned to different teams.Have different chants assigned to different teams.Give us the option of a very detailed training.Also do not try to over power development of players .There are so many things which can be incorporated.Yes it l be a niche product but I am sure few people will buy it . Ask them to pay double may be triple.I think It makes business sense .Surely a stop and start game ,slower tactical game won't have many takers but who so ever is there wanting this kind of a game would be able to spend more money.I am sure Konami can make this kind of a game it's just that in catering to the lowest common denominator they aren't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manual gameplay

Seems very challenging, but AI passing accuracy is not realistic tho.

https://youtu.be/FOI5ET8dg9A

Gameplay always looks better to me, like ball physics is more organic, I dont know
Was this played on wet ground/in the rain? I can see the ball speed slows down when traveling on the ground, but it does that at the same rate for every pass. It is kinda like the rain setting in 16. Some mistakes, some passes "stuck in the puddle" kind of feeling. Not complaining, just a curious observation. We'll find out in the demo what it feels like.

The lofted pass looks kinda nice.

Something about the agility of the players don't look right. The responsiveness is a bit too high, I can't see a lot of difference between how the players shift balance. Players of different height and weight seems to react the same (recovery speed from balance shift, and speed of responsiveness). This aspect of it, looks too much like FIFA

What did I just watch!?

The Van der Vaart animation in 16. :p

Last edited:
Stop whining,I'm on Xbox one,I have nothing!

I know this question has probably come up multiple times, but I haven't been around to see the answer. Why can't the Xbox One have the ease of transfer files that will be on PS4? Is it something on Microsoft's end? If so what? Or is it a choice by the PES team?

Game is looking better than last years, but with this whole transfer thing, and no more Libertadores, I don't have any reasons left for buying it.

I know this question has probably come up multiple times, but I haven't been around to see the answer. Why can't the Xbox One have the ease of transfer files that will be on PS4? Is it something on Microsoft's end? If so what? Or is it a choice by the PES team?

Game is looking better than last years, but with this whole transfer thing, and no more Libertadores, I don't have any reasons left for buying it.
I'll probably get an earful by Mr SuperLeeds for off topic,but I'll try to weave in PES 17 aswell.
The opportunity for it was taken away on 360 first,by some update,a year ago,roughly
Had a patched PES,which I erased,and then tried to reinstall.
Not sure if Xbox one has had that at all.
And it's all Microsoft,not Konami who's to blame.
Yeah,stoked as hell for PES 17.
Is Copa Lib gone from PES 17?,that's a bummer,don't play it much,but really should.
Hopefully you'll get some other buzz from Serie A or something.

Last edited:
Another new video (to me at least)

https://youtu.be/pNSDMv611KM

I really liked the second half, how Atl. madrid defended. You can see the guy playing Barça really struggled to find space.

The constant quick 1-2 passes is crap tho, but thats players choice

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to this game.

I have always had a soft spot for pes, but unfortunately last "gen" on the PS3 (even though I bought them all), I never actually managed to enjoy them, the way I did on the PS2.

Anyway 2016 is the first one in a long time that I've managed to enjoy (even with it's flaws), and 2017 looks to be a slight improvement over that.

I can't wait to get my hands on the demo.....

On another note PES always seems to receive complaints, which is fine, but some people act as though the "good" ones were free of complaints. The likes of 5 and 6 were slated at the time by many too. Even with their flaws PES games have generally been the most enjoyable football games for me personally.

I've tried Fifa each year too and while the presentation and experience is unrivaled, the gameplay just isn't enjoyable for me, whether it's realistic or not I prefer the instant response pes games give me.

Last edited:
Any news about option file sharing?

Did anyone look at this page:

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/edit/

There it says:

----------------------------------
How to Import Data(Only PS4®)
Data from a folder on your USB flash memory that includes WEPES in its name will be imported.
Files which meet the following conditions can be loaded:
Resolution: 64x64 - 2048x2048 pixels.
Format: JPEG; PNG
----------------------------------

So does this mean that AGAIN we can only import the kits and NOT the option files? I remember at E3 we were promised otherwise? Any ideas?

from what I understand it will be:
1 file : 1 team

1 file including every thing that a team have, players, formations, all kits, logo, name, coach name&photo, edited stadium, etc ...

so you should import 18 file for 18 PL unlicensed teams

this is far easier from pes 2016, but a bit harder from OF sharing

my guess is: it take about 20-30 minute to complete per league.

Stop whining,I'm on Xbox one,I have nothing!

I can feel you exactly considering I experienced this feel by pes 2015 on PS4 :))

if you are expert with in game editing, the better ...
but if you aren't, let me know if you want help with anything :))
---
because I heavily respect your tolerance with pes&xbox1 mixture :WORSHIP: :APPLAUD: :LOL:

Hey Guys,

I have been to GamesCom yesterday and had the opportunity to play PES for like 90 Minutes. I am still playing PES6 from time to time and enjoyed PES 2011 and 2012 when it was released. After that I pretty much stopped playing football games, because FIFA`s controls are so annoying and PES didn`t interest me as much after the original MLO (I loved that mode) got dropped.

There is only one major concern:

You get booked a yellow card for clean sliding tackles. I think that the fouls are called, because you hit the player afterwards, but that doesn`t make sense. It`s really annoying, especially if you stop an attack in the box with a clean tackle.

Little concern:

The animations don`t seem to fluent at all times, the "skating" problem is still there and the ballphysics seem to have regressed since PES6, but maybe I am taking PES6 as the benchmark and this is actually an improvement?! Some own-goals were really dump and ball physics implied that the defenders are basically 190cm high brick walls. The CPU tends to do ridiculous stuff in their own box, like performing a heel pass with the keeper to outplay an attacker.

Good:

The presentation, the player faces and the look of the pitch during the game (Nou Camp) looks amazing. I like the colours that PES uses way more than the ones Fifa uses. Defending came easy to me and I played some Games that ended 0-0. It`s fun to play the game with good teams like France or Germany, the only team in the demo that made it to easy to pass through midfield was Barca. With other teams, you have to really think about what you are doing in midfield and you cannot just do the same thing over and over (vs human opponent). Speed seems to be less powerful than in past Games. Coman/Griezman are fast, but Messi is way way better in this game. Crossings from a deep position to the wingers like Pirlo does it is fun, but maybe it`s a bit to easy on semi-assisted passing.

Great:

I played a couple of matches vs other visitors of GamesCom and it was just fun. We had a great time playing pes and all the matches were fairly even. I will buy this one for sure and hope that the online modes are cool. I would love to have something like the "original" MLO, where I slowly collect my team.

Best Regards,

DDP

Back
Top Bottom