PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

It's funny how people talk and talk about the game and don't play enough!i have people thanking me online for good games where in I lose 3 2 and I am qpr and they are Bayern.God bless them.Then they come to forums and complain about the game.pes 2016 in its latest version is a very playable game.But nobody can fight stupidity.Of course there aren't the fouls like it should and other little niggles yet it's playable cos tactics shine.I wish people give a fair chance to pes 2017 before writing it off but I am sure they will pick barca and then complain about everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny how people talk and talk about the game and don't play enough!i have people thanking me online for good games where in I lose 3 2 and I am qpr and they are Bayern.God bless them.Then they come to forums and complain about the game.pes 2016 in its latest version is a very playable game.But nobody can fight stupidity.Of course there aren't the fouls like it should and other little niggles yet it's playable cos tactics shine.I wish people give a fair chance to pes 2017 before writing it off but I am sure they will pick barca and then complain about everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It still has bad animations and poor variety in shooting/finishing. That's enough for me to not play the game. So, am I stupid?

It still has bad animations and poor variety in shooting/finishing. That's enough for me to not play the game. So, am I stupid?
It's stupid to judge a game without playing it ;)
How do you know about bad animations? Judging animations is typical something to feel when you play it. So for that you should go to Gamescom or wait for the demo.

I think Bhatti said earlier that ML is totally reworked this year. But in the latest interviews I don't think he has even mentioned that game mode. So my guess that was just BS talk.

This is atypical post for this thread: judging people without the leat knowledge. Just take a look at the PES17 website under modes abt there you can see (some of) the things that have changed.

yes but a little above at the beginning they wrote:

"Largely expanded Edit mode, with freely editing uniforms, players, and stadiums available!

By selecting low resolution when importing images, the limit of uniform creation will be quadrupled compared to the past.
Also, you can import all your edited kits and player data in a batch on your USB flash memory. Select your team and apply the data you choose."

you see

Hm, I want to believe, but I am not convinced, especially because the only supported USB import data is jpg and png, as stated on https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/edit/

Let's see, but I expect that it will be still the same as last year, no option file sharing...

The animations are fine in pes16 and the r2 mechanics are superb when mastered(adds so much more variety to passing and shooting especially angles)..but coming from 16 you can see a huge improvement in 17,ball physics likewise.

His post is valid,pes16 is deep,complex and worth mastering.

Problem areas are keepers and refs..these areas have been addressed for 17 for me.

The thing pes16 does well and you can see it more so in pes17,is the feeling the ball is more free and the game more fluid..

I would rather pes gave me that feeling with what some would consider more angled player moments..

Pes16 looks rigid but the R2 mechanics give you so much control of dribbling and player moment,both on and off the ball.Even in defence.

Again where is the example of vastly superior animation,fifas are a touch better but not massively,yet player movement feels to light,bouncy and lacking a centre of gravity.Its the pes way and it's always been like that even in the ps2 era and before that.

Last edited:

Lol..don't get me wrong lami,I know the bad keeper positioning and the ease at which there beaten on occasion can be a immersion breaker for many..

Add in the bad refs and it's just additional pain.

Put these aside and there's a very good game there in 16,and played well keepers are more consistent and at times excellent.

Maybe a tighter game,with oldschool keepers and refs will be enough to win many round.

I hope so..and you also..

I just found the game I wanted in 16 without realising it..still room for improvement but I'm content with where pes is now.Does need to be a tad slower by default,but at the same time I like the pace.

Last edited:
Dribbling / Running aren't fine.
Fifa's are more than a touch better.

I'm no fanboy of either game, i just see arms flailing .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1UbS4fPU48

Funny thing is I spend hours watching replays and the animations in pes slowed down and I prefer them.

I never really did that with Fifa,despite it appearing smoother and the same for the collision system.While being more undeveloped then Fifa it just looks more organic in pes..

My problem is I'm a konami guy,I just prefer the Japanese method.

There getting better though and 17 is much improved.

didnt like the second video but the barca and atletico video looked ok but really need to play it now. Still only 1 foul by AI which is just not enough. I'm not convinced with dribbling. And interestingly the possession was 50/50 but the AI only managed 2 shots all game and 0 corners so what were they doing with the ball. Also there seems to be a lot of space in centre mid

didnt like the second video but the barca and atletico video looked ok but really need to play it now. Still only 1 foul by AI which is just not enough. I'm not convinced with dribbling. And interestingly the possession was 50/50 but the AI only managed 2 shots all game and 0 corners so what were they doing with the ball. Also there seems to be a lot of space in centre mid

And see the way the Barca (human) player was trying to get the ball back when the AI had it. Full sliding tackles every time. He conceded 1 foul the whole game. I know this is how people play online, but that isn't the style of gameplay that single-player PES (The Real PES) used to be revered for.

Where are the summertime testers who told us 'refs are fixed now', and what do they make of this? Has something been changed, did they just not bother with single-player at all (the right answer), or did they just get carried away in all the excitement? 'I've had two free kicks in this match. Refs are fixed!'

Last edited:
It's stupid to judge a game without playing it ;)
How do you know about bad animations? Judging animations is typical something to feel when you play it. So for that you should go to Gamescom or wait for the demo.

We are talking about 16. Right? Yes. I didn't have to play much to come to the conclusion that the variety of scoring goals and the lack of feeling a goal was poor. And from what I know, I'm far from the only one who thinks that. And by the looks of it, (no, I don't have to play the game) pes 2017 looks maybe a little better in that aspect, but basically the same as 2016. Well, I guess I'm stupid, then. Facepalm.

Last edited:
Just picked up a ps4 a few days ago for this reason,plus I feared 17 would still be at a lower res.

Thing is I really like the one controller especially for pes..
Love the xb1 controller,have a PS3 aswell,hate that one,might pick up a ps4 for PES 17, but can live with an unpatched 17

Love the xb1 controller,have a PS3 aswell,hate that one,might pick up a ps4 for PES 17, but can live with an unpatched 17

I just picked up a tesco outlet refurb(white ps4)..basically new but without the outer packaging,not bad for 200 gbp.

My last one overheated out of warranty so I was waiting for the improved model.Doesnt worry me the resolution so much in 16 but I was hoping for more parity this year in 17 as I have a 50 inch tv and pes16 really does look so much cleaner on the ps4.

The improved file sharing sold it to me for 17,plus I want to tuck into the new team ico game and I'm sure titanfall2 will be that little bit sharper on the ps4..

Bioshock collection remastered as well as pes17 in September..busy month!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom