PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Creating a weird hybrid surely takes more resources than porting the ps4 version. My hope is that lighting and texture quality is improved. Hope fully they also add extra Bells and whistles like rain splashing and grass coming out after shots

Creating a weird hybrid surely takes more resources than porting the ps4 version.
Is it not the case that they're using the previous engine and just cramming the new season's kits into it* (like EA do with FIFA's "Legacy Editions" on older consoles)? In which case, that takes no effort at all, whereas porting from the current-gen consoles (even if the architecture is the same) involves more work, including testing, which they mustn't think would be paid for by the sales (or rather, more than paid for).

*I could be wrong, I don't follow the PC news...

It's because they aren't bothered to optimize the game for cards like GTx 950/60 and other next gen cards. So they sticked with dx9.

so here some pics from my edited pes 2016 is captured in 1080p (for compare to PS4) and downsized in paint.

what want to show is that its easy to get a good looking PC game, maybe some dont like the lightning, than chose another sweetfx filter, thats just for me and i like it.

boot textures in pic 1 are much higher than vanilla. also patched, crowd, kits, tufs, stadium, kits, chants, music...

i think the community did a really good job :WORSHIP: und without them, pes maybe dead on PC.

so i really not worry about pes2017 on PC and even missed things could be added in the game, for example animated coaches ot the entrance scenes in pes 2015.

-Sweet FX doesn't fix the horrible LOD in Pc version.
-Sweet FX doesn't fix the cloth creases animation which seems to barely change unlike Ps4 version.
-Sweet FX doesn't change the lights position and intensity, doesn't fix the tunnel lights.
-Sweet FX does improve the contrast.

But without good lod and cloth animations, the game looks plastic. Especially compared to Pes 14.

Adam Bhatti said that the difference will only be visual things.

The content will be the same, that means all stadiums etc.

Link? I highly doubt, we'll probably be missing cutscenes/stadiums/half the edit mode/player heads/something else like always for no reason.

It's because they aren't bothered to optimize the game for cards like GTx 950/60 and other next gen cards. So they sticked with dx9.

PS4 version isn't THAT much advanced graphically, yes it's better, clearly better, but not by much, they wouldn't have that much work unless they do a massive visual overhaul. They just cba.

Did not notice LOD Problems in 2016, that was a big Problem in 2015.

We also had a LOD Tool for 2013 by jenkey.

Dont get me wrong, it's a shame how Konami treat pc user but right now we didnt See any content of pc and Konami did good improvements from 2015 to 2016.

Ive payed ps4 and PC and during gameplay pes2016 with mods Look superior for me...

I don't think LOD is an issue in PES 2016, unless you play on medium or low settings. The boots, balls, and others look bad because of the small texture size on pc, with mods it is all good. The most clear difference between pc and ps4 is the lightings and other aesthetic graphics like dirty boots, water on the pitch, grass coming off the pitch, water running down face etc.

Last edited:
Is it not the case that they're using the previous engine and just cramming the new season's kits into it* (like EA do with FIFA's "Legacy Editions" on older consoles)? In which case, that takes no effort at all, whereas porting from the current-gen consoles (even if the architecture is the same) involves more work, including testing, which they mustn't think would be paid for by the sales (or rather, more than paid for).

*I could be wrong, I don't follow the PC news...
not really, between pes 2015 to pes 2016 there were some incremental graphical improvements, but its still looked really bad in pes 2016 due to low quality textures and lighting.

right now, if all goes well, pes 2017 for pc should really aim to look similar to pes 2016 on ps4. now that will be a leap in terms of graphical improvements

graphics are fine on pc version, gameplay/input lag/animations are the problem.

Yea until you see it on the ps4. Might not be massive but enough. But for me still an enjoyable and looking forward to 17. Just hope it has more animation's, better 3d grass in all views, better crowd and lighting and less of the known issues from 16, low shots, shit keepers and refs

Damn...that crowd looks awful in the second and fourth pic up there.
Does it look like that on PS4 either?

Hope it looks better on PES 2017.

Did not notice LOD Problems in 2016, that was a big Problem in 2015.

We also had a LOD Tool for 2013 by jenkey.

Dont get me wrong, it's a shame how Konami treat pc user but right now we didnt See any content of pc and Konami did good improvements from 2015 to 2016.

Ive payed ps4 and PC and during gameplay pes2016 with mods Look superior for me...

Lods are still low. It affects the animations and disables kit creases animations. So unless it's possible fix that- its still low. Ps4 had better lod but thats not enough either..

And I know about Pes 2013 kitserver and it's lod tool...

Damn...that crowd looks awful in the second and fourth pic up there.
Does it look like that on PS4 either?

Hope it looks better on PES 2017.

Crowds are significantly better on PS4, PC crowds are bad in PES 2016 but were absolutely appalling in 2015.

Anyone remember the bearded lady?
2vM0P14.jpg

Last edited:
Crowds are significantly better on PS4, PC crowds are bad in PES 2016 but we're absolutely appalling in 2015.

Anyone remember the bearded lady?
2vM0P14.jpg
Aaaaaaaaaaahahaha, oh my God, I've just laughed so loud that it echoed around the office, fuck.

elloco you are right.

i had played both at the same monitor.

on pc the gampe looks better and plays better.

only on replays the player and stadium looks better on ps4 cause of lighting.

but what brings lighting an clone face. better play with real faces on pc.

on pc the gampe looks better and plays better.
I disagree. How come it can look better if it doesn't even have shadows for posts/crossbar when playing in full daylight? They are there only in replays, but not during the normal gameplay.

I'll give you two examples (taken from PES 2015 but if I recall correctly PES 2016 behaves the same):

PES 2015 ON PC (with modded turf and kits, in a default stadium):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWAv_zj_ZEk#t=2m32s

PES 2015 ON PS4 (unmodded):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBke4Q3SrI#t=0m30s

See why I get mad to them? This is a thing that they got spot on until PES 2013, then they decided they CBA to fix it on PC since PES 2014 (where this bug appeared for the first time). :RANT:

90 % You watch the game in the camera look.

And in each camera position the game looks better on pc with mods than on ps4.

ps4 looks washed out. pc is clear and sharp.

See why I get mad to them? This is a thing that they got spot on until PES 2013, then they decided they CBA to fix it on PC since PES 2014 (where this bug appeared for the first time). :RANT:
I'm afraid it's intentional so the game runs at 60fps on PS3 and Xbox360.

This is due to video compression.

pc has real faces
Yes, but...
90% You watch the game in the camera look.

You gave yourself an answer there.
I'd rather have a game looking proper from the "main" view (as you should be able to recognize the players by other means, like body and hair colour) and with less detailed/generic faces in the replay, than the other way round.
So, in my opinion, having the shadows looking organic in the default match view is more important than having spot-on faces which you only see during replays anyway.

graphics are fine on pc version, gameplay/input lag/animations are the problem.

On YOUR pc.

Bhatti confirmed 2 years ago gameplay is the same. More users (other than evo-web users) on reddit also report identical gameplay. You can find these links (proof) in the other thread "Is there any GAMEPLAY difference between ps4 and PC version ?".

90 % You watch the game in the camera look.

And in each camera position the game looks better on pc with mods than on ps4.

I agree with you Effenberg, PC version has better graphics with sweetfx and higher resolution (2560x1440), and looks sharper than ps4's blurry 1920x1080. And being able to edit alot more like faces and more save slots made PC version my preferred platform.

Last edited:
He also stated that PC and PS4 have no line of code in common, for that matter.

We don't know yet where the truth lies unfortunately.

I do, he has confirmed it 2 years ago when asked about this. And users have confirmed it by having both a ps4 and pc and comparing. Those who do not agree, it is their pc / controller and/or configuration. Why ? I dont need to believe anyone, as I tested it myself and my pc is a beast 6700k 4.8ghz 980TI 16Gb 3200Mhz RAM and I am a PC tech. PS4s are all the same, PCs are not.

And not ONE video to examine the claim that there is a difference in gameplay.

Last edited:
We do, he has confirmed it 2 years ago, as I already said. And users have confirmed it by having both a ps4 and pc and comparing. Those who do not agree, it is their pc / controller and/or configuration. Why ? I dont need to believe anyone, as I tested it myself and my pc is a beast 6700k 4.8ghz 980TI 16Gb 3200Mhz RAM and I am a PC tech. PS4s are all the same, PCs are not.

And not ONE video to examine the claim that there is a difference in gameplay.

I've been building PC's for over 25 years and a gamer for alot longer but even I know you don't need to be an expert to see the technical differences between the PS4 and the PC version. Hopefully PES 2017 for PC will be closer in terms of gameplay and animations to the PS4 version compared to last year.

Back
Top Bottom